Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - page 127. (Read 104204 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
October 05, 2017, 12:53:12 PM
I don't have any hopes for this fork. This is just another marketing happening, I'm more likely to invest in altcoins that will have been dumped for this before they go back up.

That's the reason why this may not even get to the value of bitcoin cash IMHO. They are not going to spread/distribute the coins for free and that may prove to be a reason for the lack of support because I haven't seen/heard of any exchanges/wallets to have said anything about supporting/listing bitcoin gold. Just another way to make money by those who were not satisfied with BCH and are interested to board the train this way. They are hyping it hard just to get the attention of the market to spike it up once listed.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
October 05, 2017, 12:13:09 PM
I don't have any hopes for this fork. This is just another marketing happening, I'm more likely to invest in altcoins that will have been dumped for this before they go back up.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
October 05, 2017, 10:51:29 AM
Hello,

Does anybody know which wallets plan to support the Bitcoin Gold (BTG) friendly fork on October 1st? And what, if anything, should be done by the user?

Just follow this https://twitter.com/btcgpu you will get your answer. The Fork will be held on 25th October and Bitcoin holder will receive BitcoinGold in first November. Hold BTC on 10.25 get free BTG on 11.1. I am confusing about where can I keep my Bitcoin for the fork?

Well supposedly my bitcoin CASH is still on my orig bitcoin chain (bitcoin core) as I did not go thru the process of moving it off since the snapshot...thus if you leave the wallet alone

(stall) you can probably get by. Myself, I don't want to convert the snapshot on any fork to crypto in that would be, imho, a 'taxable event' for the IRS at the snapshot date. I'm hoping

if I just frigging leave it alone, the IRS will treat it like a stock split you sell it you pay 20% capital gains after a year and a day etc (2013 IRS guidelines on cryptocurrency)

Just because people are forking and tossing supposed $$$ at my blockchain (the bitcoin cash snapshot is 280 bucks I think) does not mean I have to move it yet.

or so I assume....for now

Activity: 602
Merit: 251
I am a professional Web Designer and Developer
October 05, 2017, 06:42:15 AM
Hello,

Does anybody know which wallets plan to support the Bitcoin Gold (BTG) friendly fork on October 1st? And what, if anything, should be done by the user?

Just follow this https://twitter.com/btcgpu you will get your answer. The Fork will be held on 25th October and Bitcoin holder will receive BitcoinGold in first November. Hold BTC on 10.25 get free BTG on 11.1. I am confusing about where can I keep my Bitcoin for the fork?
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1032
★Bitcoin Gambling Reviews★
October 05, 2017, 02:02:02 AM
Anyone trading in their alts temporarily to get the most BTG out of it? Or will rising BTC prices around that time (and corresponding dropping alt prices) make the added BTG not worth it?

Look what happened with Bitcoin Cash - didn't play out like that at all.
Activity: 672
Merit: 526
October 05, 2017, 01:30:24 AM
This is a stupid market strategy that will only confuse people. Some people are thinking that this coin is supported by Big Miners. It is not true. There is nobody really relevant supporting this.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
October 05, 2017, 12:14:12 AM
Bitcoin Gold? What the heck is that? I've never heard of it before. Btw, on marketcoincap, BTG is assigned to Bitgem.  

Is there a way to mine BTG ? Is there a special wallet on Windows?

From what I've read, they are going to change the Algo to Equihash, which is supposedly friendly to GPU and even CPU mining.  But you won't be able to mine it until after the fork.

OK...let me get this straight..say you have 100 btc you get 100 bitcoin gold on the fork....BUT they are going to mine with GPU from then on, using the equihash protocol...

thus after a week or so ..the GPU stuff will blow past the fork of 100 btc to bitcoin gold..thus making this fork you got for you 100 btc simply dust? ie blown past with more made gpu coins

thus diluting your stake big time?

I mean really, GPU mining, equihash, dubious fork...what is the price gonna be for a bitcoin gold coin....at the start....? say 1 bucks ...so you have 100 bucks to start off

and as said above, the GPU's kick in and flood the market making the price more like 10c a coin? Again, making your supposed 100 btc airdrop essentially worthless quickly?

correct me if I am wrong...but if the above is anywhere near true...I'm wasting my time even watching this thread or doing this post Sad
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
October 04, 2017, 11:55:27 PM
IT would be good to understand if "Bitcoin Gold" has anything to do with gold or if the word "gold" has just been attached to make it shine...
The new coin - BitcoinGold, which should appear in October-November due to another hard fork with bitcoin, can not be related to real gold. This is another beautiful name and no more. As far as this coin deserves such a name, we will see later on its support by the community and at its rate.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
October 04, 2017, 02:14:09 PM
Anyone trading in their alts temporarily to get the most BTG out of it? Or will rising BTC prices around that time (and corresponding dropping alt prices) make the added BTG not worth it?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117
October 04, 2017, 12:41:14 PM
this is an other fork? this is not the segwit2x coin that may exist after the end of October? on 25th?

EDIT:
i found this:
http://btcgpu.org
https://news.bitcoin.com/another-bitcoin-fork-bitcoin-gold-project-plans-to-fork-bitcoin-next-month/
Activity: 874
Merit: 125
October 04, 2017, 12:37:08 PM
Even the advertising strategy of Bitcoingold is not good. Bitcoincash didn't asked anything from the user and just presented their principle and roadmap to implement. But on the other hand Bitcoingold is advertising as if they are the next big thing.
Activity: 406
Merit: 253
October 04, 2017, 12:27:14 PM
Does anyone know how will be a fork in the road? We will get again after the junction free coins or not? I'm not sure that on these coins you will earn money quickly. I like the ability to have hope for earnings in the future. Agree that life with hope is always more colorful than pragmatic existence.
Activity: 694
Merit: 108
santacoin.io
October 04, 2017, 12:20:11 PM
Hello,

I think both Poloniex, Bittrex and Ledger wallet will support Bitcoin gold
Merit: 114
October 04, 2017, 11:59:45 AM
Bitcoin Gold? What the heck is that? I've never heard of it before. Btw, on marketcoincap, BTG is assigned to Bitgem.  

From what I've read, they are going to change the Algo to Equihash, which is supposedly friendly to GPU and even CPU mining.  But you won't be able to mine it until after the fork.
Merit: 114
October 04, 2017, 11:57:56 AM
As far as i know you can get free Bitcoin gold if you have bitcoin
on the Exodus Wallet  before october 25.
In my opinion it is another fork like bitcoin cash and everyone will earn some free money nothing more than that.

wtf is the exodus wallet? So they are gonna fork to BTC gold...but only if you have all you btc on a wallet I never heard of?

yeah ....that is not a true fork...that is a gimmick Smiley

No, you are guaranteed to be able to claim your BitCoin Gold by holding it on any wallet where you can access your private keys.  Exodus is just one example of the type of wallet you can use.  This probably won't be much different than the BCH fork, where you could either hold it in your own wallet, or find an exchange that claims they will hold it for you, and distribute your Bitcoin Gold to you after the fork.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
October 04, 2017, 11:51:00 AM
how stable is BTG ?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
October 04, 2017, 11:38:08 AM

legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1032
★Bitcoin Gambling Reviews★
October 04, 2017, 11:35:44 AM
Need more info on this airdrop!
Activity: 840
Merit: 107
October 04, 2017, 09:45:12 AM
Hello,

another fork, I heard about that and if I don't wrong its 25 October
Activity: 718
Merit: 91
October 04, 2017, 09:27:19 AM

Bitcoin Gold is a fork of bitcoin just like Bitcoin Cash. One of the notable changes is that they have changed algorithm to Equihash which makes it asic resistance and its a memory intensive algorithm. The idea is to bring back GPU mining plus some other changes.

Sorry, I'd like to know, have this fork taken place or it's planning to, cause I have not heard anything of such fork coming up, except now and in this thread.

It is planning to. October 25, probably.
Jump to: