Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin has reached the tipping point - page 6. (Read 14058 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator
October 06, 2014, 01:40:21 PM
The USD exchange rate is still more than double of what it was exactly 1 year ago:

https://blockchain.info/charts/market-price

2013: $122
2014: $330

So its all a matter of perspective.
Yeah, try YTD. Or wait til december.
doo
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 06, 2014, 07:57:30 AM
Bitcoin crypto has reached the tipping point
FTFY
Activity: 1680
Merit: 506
Trphy.io
October 06, 2014, 06:52:04 AM
The BTC volume though!!
Activity: 252
Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer
October 06, 2014, 06:31:17 AM
The USD exchange rate is still more than double of what it was exactly 1 year ago:

https://blockchain.info/charts/market-price

2013: $122
2014: $330

So its all a matter of perspective.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
October 06, 2014, 02:24:08 AM
You guys should not forget that some of the brightest devs around work on Bitcoin. Bitcoin has a very strong inner circle of dedicated people that contribute to development and ideas.
People who say that there are better coins out there need to remind themselves that 'better' is relative. These days you've got a 'better' coin coming out almost every other day. So what? Are you just gonna keep migrating from one better coin to the next 100 times a year, forever? Sounds a bit hectic to me. I'm sure in time, the Bitcoin devs might add new features to the coin. I don't think that this is a necessity right now, the tech is still new and will benefit more from refining than new features.
Also people shifting their focus from coin to coin every few days makes it hard for any coin to achieve a scale of distribution similar to Bitcoin. I think Bitcoin is far from dead.
Waiting for the next floor to buy some  Smiley
Activity: 336
October 06, 2014, 12:59:19 AM
If BTC collapses, why would anyone buy another crypto? It would just automatically be labeled a scam "just like BTC was".

Many people think BTC is scam right now, this doesn't stop you from buying it, does it? The key is to make a crypto that provides unique use cases and doesn't have the flaws that BTC has. One of the flaws of BTC and most other PoW cryptos is fiat leak due to mining expenditures, which makes this prolonged and sharp price decline possible.

BTC market cap is now only $4 billion...
And virtually all of that went to ASIC sellers, exchanges...
Scammers, gambling peddlars, and rip off artists that build ATM machines that fleece you for 9%.

Every Bitcoin Meetup I've been to is full of scammers... HOSTED  BY  SCAMMERS...
This forum is crawling with "celebrity scammers".

That makes it extremely expensive to use Bitcoin...
Credit cards and PayPal are way cheaper... and way more convenient.

Oh, when your accountant thinks talking about Bitcoin is "cool"...
That means the hipsters are LONG GONE.

I understand your sarcasm, but would like to just point out market cap number doesn't represent how much $$$ was invested. A lot of Bitcoins are not for sale.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
October 06, 2014, 12:00:19 AM
If BTC collapses, why would anyone buy another crypto? It would just automatically be labeled a scam "just like BTC was".

Many people think BTC is scam right now, this doesn't stop you from buying it, does it? The key is to make a crypto that provides unique use cases and doesn't have the flaws that BTC has. One of the flaws of BTC and most other PoW cryptos is fiat leak due to mining expenditures, which makes this prolonged and sharp price decline possible.

Scammers, gambling peddlars, and rip off artists that build ATM machines that fleece you for 9%.

Every Bitcoin Meetup I've been to is full of scammers... HOSTED  BY  SCAMMERS...

Credit cards and PayPal are way cheaper... and way more convenient... and 1000 times safer.

so what the fuck are you doing here?  Grin

he was talking about Bitcoin in the "Altcoin" forum section.. maybe he wants a better coin than BTC ?

anyway..
surprised nobody wants to talk about the effect on Alternative coins here.
might be a good idea or this topic might go bye bye LOL

oh and This forum is crawling with "celebrity scammers" ?
i agree with you Zer0Sum and had no idea the fee's were that high on ATM's wow !
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 05, 2014, 11:30:09 PM
We've tested 275 USD a few hours ago, now it's back at 300 USD. I think 270-275 USD is the final resistance , and if it is broken - there are good chances this boat could sink even further - I would say saying under 100 USD by the end of the year is now a real possibility, for the first time in 12 months.

I'm holding my BTC and not selling it - however I am not buying at these prices either, let's wait until it is a couple of hundred bucks cheaper.
Activity: 280
October 05, 2014, 04:05:12 PM

Every Bitcoin Meetup I've been to is full of scammers... HOSTED  BY  SCAMMERS...

Credit cards and PayPal are way cheaper... and way more convenient... and 1000 times safer.

so what the fuck are you doing here?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1588
October 05, 2014, 03:29:14 PM

legendary
Activity: 1588
October 05, 2014, 03:28:22 PM

Every Bitcoin Meetup I've been to is full of scammers... HOSTED  BY  SCAMMERS...

Credit cards and PayPal are way cheaper... and way more convenient.

legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
October 05, 2014, 01:39:12 PM
ya i did all my BTC trading on BTC-e myself too only..

and wow she is still in heavy dump mode.. Bitcoin now at = $285 i see holy shit !
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btce/btcusd

funny though the impact on ALT's has not been very much i think *yet

like my favorite coin JackpotCoin is actually up in value LOL
so do you all think BTC dropping will make ALT's go Down or UP ?
i am sort of torn between the two.. i have seen long periods of time where it seemed to me like both had happened.
like Pre-NOV 2013 when BTC went down i think ALT's went up and the opposite after the DEC 2013.. so i dunno what the hell is going on i am clueless Sad

and has anyone heard any solid info on what is causing it ?
usually Coindesk will post something about big dumping but i have not seen a word form them yet.. they seem to be ignoring what is going on :/

edit:
@robinwilliams
you forgot about cyber criminals who make malware w/ botnets and Bitcointalk scammers who steal BTC on trades etc etc
criminal free for all exchange LOL
Activity: 112
October 05, 2014, 11:55:54 AM
i agree if Bitcoin fails they will see a black-eye on crypto's and look to Paypal, Apple, Microsoft etc etc
not some guy who hides here using 12 accounts using Github to clone anon gimmick coins LOL

and the fiat system collapses entirely ?
nope.. not happening !
it's needed.. and they will prop it up no matter what such as bail outs before.

you guys seem to think that that paying like $99 dollars a month to download and use a blockchain etc etc
is going to be good for Grandma and Grandpa or people who simply don't trust digital bullshit etc etc tec etc
Home Depot CC# record hacks.. Gmail accounts record hacks.. The Cloud "Fappening" hacks and that was just the last few weeks LOL
you guys need to get it through your thick skulls.. fiat is not going anywhere /end of story
maybe in a 100 hundred years or something..

and she is STILL sinking i am surprised usually the dumping has died down by now right ?
i see it dropped below $300 now :/
BTC-e yet again..

i think btc-e is where all the darkwhales / early adopters hide out.  they probably didn't want to sell their wealth for fiat due to wanting to remain anonymous so they trade into fiat when they get scared (never withdraw) and i think there are more darkwhales left (like bcx) than people think and they got in earlier than most everybody else so they drive the price lower since their buy points were lower ($10 - $85)

pimps, early miners, high end prostitutes, drug dealers etc etc use btc-e
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
October 05, 2014, 11:51:11 AM
i agree if Bitcoin fails they will see a black-eye on crypto's and look to Paypal, Apple, Microsoft etc etc
not some guy who hides here using 12 accounts using Github to clone anon gimmick coins LOL

and the fiat system collapses entirely ?
nope.. not happening !
it's needed.. and they will prop it up no matter what such as bail outs before.

you guys seem to think that that paying like $99 dollars a month to download and use a blockchain etc etc
is going to be good for Grandma and Grandpa or people who simply don't trust digital bullshit etc etc tec etc
Home Depot CC# record hacks.. Gmail accounts record hacks.. The Cloud "Fappening" hacks and that was just the last few weeks LOL
you guys need to get it through your thick skulls.. fiat is not going anywhere /end of story
maybe in a 100 hundred years or something..

and she is STILL sinking i am surprised usually the dumping has died down by now right ?
i see it dropped below $300 now :/
BTC-e yet again..
October 05, 2014, 11:43:11 AM

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
October 05, 2014, 11:28:05 AM
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
October 05, 2014, 11:13:02 AM
October 05, 2014, 08:57:36 AM
Well the current drop in BTC price might be healthy because miners in many places will turn of their hardware cause they generate a loss while running..
Last weeks free fall i guess it is partially related to the Chinese golden week to my knowledge they do not have paid vacations, the Chinese new year is another
time when BTC is highly likely to drop.

it's not good for bitcoin what so ever.. See my theory above and what effect a sustained period of downwards trending can have on mining. Essentially it forces further centralisation with only the bigger miners able to keep the shop open. Hold the price down long enough and you get a monopoly in the industry.

You need to stop living in 2013, mining wont equal guaranteed profit in the future, mining will be a risk investment just like buying stocks or funds.
October 05, 2014, 08:20:14 AM
Well the current drop in BTC price might be healthy because miners in many places will turn of their hardware cause they generate a loss while running..
Last weeks free fall i guess it is partially related to the Chinese golden week to my knowledge they do not have paid vacations, the Chinese new year is another
time when BTC is highly likely to drop.
October 05, 2014, 07:31:06 AM
The turning point, huh?

why, you silly goose, it isnt even close to $120 yet

my head hurts

Can you explain to this silly goose here what is so special about $120, smarty goose please? )
Pages:
Jump to: