Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin has reached the tipping point - page 8. (Read 14058 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 02, 2014, 02:26:01 PM
No other crypto coin has spread so big as bitcoin.It's true that others are cheap,but what will you do with it if you can't spend it properly.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
October 02, 2014, 12:09:58 PM
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
October 02, 2014, 10:26:31 AM
Agreed. I also think the tipping point has been reached or at least will be reached in the very near future. A lot of people will most certainly call me crazy, but Bitcoin is dead to me.

I said that quite a while ago when Bitcoin was near high in November last year and I was ridiculed and laughed at by some of these people in a meetup. Perhaps their minds are too simple.

Bitcoin will see its last days. Maybe not tomorrow, but definitely before the end of the decade. The irony is, everyone is talking about bitcoin! We have banks, we have businesses, we have giant companies wanting to jump in the bandwagon and we have miners putting in 10s of millions of serious money into mining these coins. And no one can see the obvious storm that is looming ahead. Are they blind?

I fully agree!
Bitcoin will die one day or another and it will be replaced by some potential alternates.

Reasons:

newer technology
more secure
better distribution
environment-friendly

Activity: 326
King of all the land
October 02, 2014, 10:19:25 AM
The buy side on BTC-e is flat as a pancake. The sells are huge. Everybody wants out. Does everybody know something I don't?

Yes, read the OP. The sells have figured Bitcoin is not going anywhere, but haven't figured out yet they need to exit from Bitcoin into crypto 2.0 economy, not park their cash in fiat.

Honestly from the looks of it, devphp is completely correct. Bitcoin is becoming an aging dinosaur, and people (especially the Chinese -- just look at the CNY volumes from BTC flowing to the alts!) are starting to realize this.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115
October 02, 2014, 10:04:15 AM
The buy side on BTC-e is flat as a pancake. The sells are huge. Everybody wants out. Does everybody know something I don't?

Yes, read the OP. The sells have figured Bitcoin is not going anywhere, but haven't figured out yet they need to exit from Bitcoin into crypto 2.0 economy, not park their cash in fiat.

k Undecided
October 02, 2014, 10:03:01 AM

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115
October 02, 2014, 09:44:03 AM
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
October 02, 2014, 03:58:12 AM
Sell me all your BTC then for $300 each. Thanks

I sold higher! Bad offer. Well perhaps for next weeks it will turn into a good offer.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
October 02, 2014, 02:16:12 AM
I remember when BTC was approximately $1400 and Litecoin was up to $40.00 on BTC-E.

Now they have roughly 1/3 the number of traders they used to, and BTC is under $500, LTC is under $5.00

I agree, the tipping point's been reached.
October 02, 2014, 01:18:58 AM
Price of Bitcoin doesn't matter. What matters is how large a share of the new crypto 2.0 economy you can buy with your Bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting
October 01, 2014, 01:46:14 PM
I think bitcoin will worth 1200$ within 1 month.

You got 3 days or you will be banned for shitty advice
legendary
Activity: 924
September 26, 2014, 05:35:40 PM
i'm going to spare you the terror and let you spam this forum to your hearts content with cleverly placed useless statements about your no doubt revolutionary new crypto currency.  

I'm extremely skeptic when it comes to cryptocurrency, in fact I don't think it has a future beyond the small nerdy scene it is today. You're judging the wrong one here.

I have to disagree, but in a way that won't make anyone here (including myself) feel all that good.

Cryptocurrency is steadily moving towards mainstreamization. In one sense, that's great - but in another sense, it's tragic. When you meet the mainstream, you also meet the demands of the mainstream - including the political demands of the mainstream. That's why I'm "inured" - I chose this word deliberately - to the cryptocurrency sector becoming fully regulated.

We all believe in decentralization and peer-to-peer around here (I hope!), but the plain fact is that Joe Mainstream doesn't give a damn about either. If anything, he'll prefer centralized if the centralization says "Guarantee!" to him. Even the Tea-Party-type "Constitutional Conservatives" that are retired or close to retirement change their words in a hurry if some elected politician talks about shaving Social Security benefits by as little as 2%. Then, the minimal-government words get shelved and out come the pictures of cat food. Laugh if you must, but a political realist will merely take that 180-degree'er as simply data.

Sadly, I have to confess that crypto's mainstreamization will maneuver us into the position occupied by hard-core metalheads in the 1980s who sneered at the (much more popular) "hair" bands for being less than true to metal. But if we're lucky, Joe Mainstream will pay lip service to peer-to-peer and decentralization. His (perhaps unborn at present) kids will likely take both a little more seriously...   
Activity: 426
Merit: 256
September 26, 2014, 04:31:54 PM
i'm going to spare you the terror and let you spam this forum to your hearts content with cleverly placed useless statements about your no doubt revolutionary new crypto currency.  

I'm extremely skeptic when it comes to cryptocurrency, in fact I don't think it has a future beyond the small nerdy scene it is today. You're judging the wrong one here.

yeah you are just another nobody paid to troll a forum, wow, that's very unusual, you are really breaking ground here, the world will remember you, you are important.

Pretty much everything you post is wrong, bravo Kolin! Undecided

you matter to me.
Sorry, you(that is your account and its' activity) don't matter to me. I just dislike scammers promoting shitty coins to unload their balance. You see? I'm hitting ignore now, I think this will help.
Activity: 798
‘Try to be nice’
September 26, 2014, 04:30:49 PM

yeah you are just another nobody paid to troll a forum, wow, that's very unusual, you are really breaking ground here, the world will remember you, you are important.

oh wait, no you should have taken the trolley job, that produces something, it produces a more effective retail environment by the organization of the logistical means of micro delivery systems.

(you can use that for your resume if you like)

{I'm always here to help}
‘Try to be nice’
September 26, 2014, 04:28:58 PM
nope you'd need to stop holding the bunch of stuff that will lose long term I guess?

I didn't say you were terrible, you poor thing.

Seriously, who in their right mind would buy a terrible shitcoin like Quark which was pumped+dumped back months ago and is basically dead?

wow is tails and tor really wrecking your keyboard so much?

you need to slow down, calm down, that van is not following you ok.  

I can't believe you're still promoting the shitcoin under your scammer nick. If you were smart you would have opened a new account, but then again you most likely wouldn't be able to hide your--let me be polite-- "special" writing style.  Man I don't know if you're a nice guy IRL but here in the virtual world I have no respect for you. What you tried is truly unacceptable and goes to show you just desperately want to use folks to buy in your Quarkcoin to dump it off on us. I don't even know how you can still be posting here without feeling weird on your own.

your opinion matters to me greatly so i'm concerned you feel this way, Quark seems to bounce and go higher when Bitcoin falls as its monopoly gets taken over, does this specifically make you sad?

what makes you sad, lets look at that and try to avoid it.

you matter to me.
September 26, 2014, 04:27:06 PM
Kolin digitalindustry if you truly believe Quark has a bright future don't hesitate to post your arguments here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-insignificance-of-altcoins-potential-mass-adoption-really-798960
September 26, 2014, 04:20:28 PM

‘Try to be nice’
September 26, 2014, 04:19:17 PM
ya need a link there, you didn't link it.

Please leave Kolin, I really really dislike scammers like you. Please just go away, thanks.

seeing you ask so nicely i'm going to grant you this wish, but only because i like you ok.

September 26, 2014, 04:18:43 PM
nope you'd need to stop holding the bunch of stuff that will lose long term I guess?

I didn't say you were terrible, you poor thing.

Seriously, who in their right mind would buy a terrible shitcoin like Quark which was pumped+dumped back months ago and is basically dead?

wow is tails and tor really wrecking your keyboard so much?

you need to slow down, calm down, that van is not following you ok.  

I can't believe you're still promoting the shitcoin under your scammer nick. If you were smart you would have opened a new account, but then again you most likely wouldn't be able to hide your--let me be polite-- "special" writing style.  Man I don't know if you're a nice guy IRL but here in the virtual world I have no respect for you. What you tried is truly unacceptable and goes to show you just desperately want to use folks to buy in your Quarkcoin to dump it off on us. I don't even know how you can still be posting here without feeling weird on your own.
Pages:
Jump to: