Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin has reached the tipping point - page 7. (Read 14058 times)

zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
October 05, 2014, 02:27:52 AM
The turning point, huh?

why, you silly goose, it isnt even close to $120 yet

my head hurts
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
October 05, 2014, 01:13:36 AM
I have recently read something about a capt coin with inital distribution through solving captchas (I would call it proof of human).
I think that this is a good idea, but I dont trust it.
The best way for the inital distribution of the coins is for me the proof of human.
The problem is, how to make it fully trustworthy?

The initial distribution should also be a long term process and not like 2 months or something.

NO !

This is wrong !

Captcha's are the worst thing that happened on the internet ever LOL
god i hate those damn things with a passion.. i want the creators of re-Captcha to be shot and pissed on Wink
i can't believe some sick bastard would make a coin out of that shit WTF ?

Spoetnik Trivia Time:
- re-Captcha's we're bought by Google for character recognition studies.
when you complete a re-captcha you are working for Google improving their technology behind the scenes their working on.

- Captcha's and re-Captcha's are NOT the same thing.

- Cheats / Shortcuts to re-Captcha's are available.
You only have to type in one of the two words.
Often only part of a word is needed etc ..Google it for more info Wink
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
October 05, 2014, 01:06:15 AM
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 04, 2014, 09:47:05 PM
It may have reached a tipping point, and a downward one, but I don't think people will move en masse to other coins.

The market will shrink, maybe, but BTC won't be overtaken.

The 1300 dollars it hit was masterminded by Gox and other exchanges.

Did anyone watch it pump? It was so clear that the price was being pushed up.

I think a lot of people got out of bitcoin and altcoins altogether.

Obviously BDSM and Fetish are two coins that will offer real benefits to humanity, so I am not worried  .... after the opening of our adult product emporium.

Wink
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
October 04, 2014, 08:40:13 PM
I have recently read something about a capt coin with inital distribution through solving captchas (I would call it proof of human).
I think that this is a good idea, but I dont trust it.
The best way for the inital distribution of the coins is for me the proof of human.
The problem is, how to make it fully trustworthy?

The initial distribution should also be a long term process and not like 2 months or something.
October 04, 2014, 08:26:35 PM
ppc is probably the worst of the lot. Wink

Why?

it uses a different pos algorithm to that of the likes of nxt, which is also different to that of the likes of blackcoin. in peercoin, as far as i know they use checkpoints created by developers which is effectively the devs enforcing nodes to only download the version of the blockchain that is deemed to be "the correct chain". by rights, in a decentralized system it should be the nodes that decide, without human intervention of any kind, which chain is the correct one through consensus rather than devs enforcing this with checkpoints. i admit i havnt researched peercoin enough so i may be wrong on certain points but that is my understanding of peercoin however that is enough information for me to know that ppc will never surpass bitcoin. other pos systems dont use this version of pos and also dont have these types of checkpoints. they do have checkpoints(some only temporarily) but they are not centrally controlled as is the case with peercoin.

also a slightly better version of bitcoin would never be enough to supplant bitcoin. it needs to be vastly improved upon before it will be surpassed and overcome bitcoins (more powerful than many think) network effect.

if i am wrong, please supply some form of explanation as to how i am wrong. if i am id be interested to read how it actually works, its been a long time since i read up on it so perhaps things could have changed since then.

I dont trust nxt.
The centralised checkpoints in PPC are an issue, I fully agree with that, but as far I know, Sunny King is working on an other solution.
I like PPC because:
-Its the first PoS implementation, the devs knew what they are doing
-There was no IPO, the coins were PoW mined (they still are)
-This is a long therm project
-Low PoS inflation of 1%
-I think that Sunny King is extremely stilled/smart

why dont you trust nxt? and there is nothing illegitimate about an ipo, its necessary for distribution seeing as pure pos coins are required to release all coins from the genisis block. the better method is to do what nem did and it has worked out fantastically.

they have been working on a solution to the issue for over a year correct? doesnt seem like they are getting very far.

i dont doubt their abilities. but their are certainly other very intelligent people in the pos space. its unwise to over look any crypto other than straight clones. hence why i research every new, modified and written from scratch coin i can find and then judge them against the most likely one to overtake bitcoin. its worked out seriously profitable so far so its obviously a good method of finding investments.

I dindt really done any research on NXT. I only know, that it is JAVA based and fully PoS.
I dont like fully premined PoS coins, because you cant really tell what happens to the coins.
With initial PoW mining you can check how every single coin has been created.
I of course know, that every NXT was mined with the genesis block, but the inital distribution is kinda untrustworthy (for me).
Also: What happens with the BTC that the NXT developer has gotten from the IPO?
October 04, 2014, 08:01:54 PM

Why?

it uses a different pos algorithm to that of the likes of nxt, which is also different to that of the likes of blackcoin. in peercoin, as far as i know they use checkpoints created by developers which is effectively the devs enforcing nodes to only download the version of the blockchain that is deemed to be "the correct chain". by rights, in a decentralized system it should be the nodes that decide, without human intervention of any kind, which chain is the correct one through consensus rather than devs enforcing this with checkpoints. i admit i havnt researched peercoin enough so i may be wrong on certain points but that is my understanding of peercoin however that is enough information for me to know that ppc will never surpass bitcoin. other pos systems dont use this version of pos and also dont have these types of checkpoints. they do have checkpoints(some only temporarily) but they are not centrally controlled as is the case with peercoin.

also a slightly better version of bitcoin would never be enough to supplant bitcoin. it needs to be vastly improved upon before it will be surpassed and overcome bitcoins (more powerful than many think) network effect.

if i am wrong, please supply some form of explanation as to how i am wrong. if i am id be interested to read how it actually works, its been a long time since i read up on it so perhaps things could have changed since then.

I dont trust nxt.
The centralised checkpoints in PPC are an issue, I fully agree with that, but as far I know, Sunny King is working on an other solution.
I like PPC because:
-Its the first PoS implementation, the devs knew what they are doing
-There was no IPO, the coins were PoW mined (they still are)
-This is a long therm project
-Low PoS inflation of 1%
-I think that Sunny King is extremely stilled/smart
October 04, 2014, 07:31:08 PM

Why?
October 04, 2014, 07:23:05 PM
I am betting on PPC.
Its a improved version of Bitcoin.
I hope that PoS will stop this stupid hashrate race.

that statement makes no sense..? pos doesnt have a hashrate? :/

Proof of stake doesnt rely on hashrate, it relies on your wallet balance.
You dont need powerfull asics to solve a PoS block, a normal computer fully sufficient.

Also:
A PPC PoW hashrate race is absurd, because the PPC PoW reward decreases with the increase of PoW difficulty.
October 04, 2014, 07:15:48 PM
I am betting on PPC.
Its an improved version of Bitcoin.
I hope that PoS will stop this stupid hashrate race.
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
October 04, 2014, 05:49:14 PM
WOW $308.1

dumpidity dump !

and still Doge has has been holding fairly well ..odd i think :/

i am expecting to see a surge in the lowest pay out for Doge on that gambling faucet i mentioned
couple months ago the average was about 15 coins and now almost 7 coins..
and the BTC pay out has gone up to 600 sat's  Shocked

here is the two links to the site i go to if you all wanna see what i mean ?

Freedoge.co.in
Freebitco.in

free coins every hour no gimmick !
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
October 04, 2014, 04:00:11 PM
$315 now at BTC-e WOW !

someone is working hard at tanking the price..

a normal person woudl just wait a bit to dump some more so get more cash for selling right ?
but what i see is someone who wants to dump so much so fast he can't wait.. and needs the cash NOW !
and more interestingly maybe this person knows that they plan to dump so much Bitcoin that
the only sensible thing to do is to keep dumping ?

what will be interesting is WHAT EFFECTS ON ALTCOINS THIS WILL HAVE !

i use two gambling faucets frequently one for Doge and one for BTC run by the same guy.
and part of the reason i like to use them is it give me an indicator hourly how the price of them are doing market wise..
the more the price drops the more the faucets pay out..
so
i have been coming back and waiting for the drop in Doge to catch on and it's not dropped that much
not compared to how much BTC has been dropping..
I think the dropping BTC price is catching people by surprise and more and more alt's like Doge will be dropping a lot and soon !
a guess of sorts ..don't sell your alt's based off what i said though ..i'm just speculating here Wink

i have not sold any of my alt coins or my BTC at all !
i plan on sitting firmly waiting it all out..
Activity: 64
October 04, 2014, 03:26:06 PM
$325

someone is trying hard to crash the price or is mega desperate to get cash fast for some reason..

Dude have we considered the possibility that sovereign nations are even mining and dumping at this point??

that too is actually a risk. there is no reason why they couldnt.. god knows who the "unknown" miners are..

Okay, I see your point, but WHY would they be doing such a thing? As many mentioned before, there is a line of cryptos which could replace bitcoin for whatever purpose those goverments are trying to shut it down.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115
October 04, 2014, 09:31:02 AM
$325

someone is trying hard to crash the price or is mega desperate to get cash fast for some reason..

Dude have we considered the possibility that sovereign nations are even mining and dumping at this point??
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
October 04, 2014, 09:29:28 AM
$325

legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
October 04, 2014, 06:53:35 AM
I think there is some issues with the mining aspects of BTC but another issue could be those moving into USD ,.. it may be strong here for a bit....

what are you saying that about ? BTC price dropping and the correlation to price of ALT's ?

pre-OCT 2013 i use to see BTC drop and ALT's rise etc but after the big flood of noobs and BTC popularity rose it seems to be the opposite i think.. strange.
and i say that as just a straight forward observation on prices at exchanges.

i have a bookmark for example for a BTC/USD exchange rate calculator saved from when Bitcoin was OMG at $99 dollars liek omg !! LOL
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
October 04, 2014, 02:58:28 AM
I think there is some issues with the mining aspects of BTC but another issue could be those moving into USD ,.. it may be strong here for a bit....
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 04, 2014, 02:32:48 AM
No other crypto coin has spread so big as bitcoin.It's true that others are cheap,but what will you do with it if you can't spend it properly.

The point is to find unique use cases for crypto currency. There is nothing unique you can buy with Bitcoin that you can't buy with fiat. That's exactly the reason why adoption is not happening fast enough to overcome selling pressure from miners and early adopters.

Crypto 2.0 technologies are designed to tackle the issue of shortage of unique use cases. In particular, asset exchanges allow to crowdfund interesting projects that cannot be funded via other channels, which is set to drive demand for crypto 2.0 currencies.

Excellent post. I know that many BTC users are in denial - but you are stating the facts here - what pushed bitcoin in the early years was the underground economy - primarily Silkroad. Now that is all gone - and the darkweb economy is not even a few % of the BTC market capital. BTC needs new avenues to grow - and we are stuck now at this point. The honey moon period is over, BTC is mainstream as it gets and it has been so for the last 12-18 months, so those who are expecting to see $10 K per Bitcoin or $50 K per bitcoin in the next year or two - you better get your facts straight. This will happen but it might take decades to reach these prices. Hopefully less than that but at this point we are seeing a price consolidation and I think 300-500 USD per BTC is a reality and will be so for the next couple of years.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
October 03, 2014, 12:10:12 PM
No other crypto coin has spread so big as bitcoin.It's true that others are cheap,but what will you do with it if you can't spend it properly.

The point is to find unique use cases for crypto currency. There is nothing unique you can buy with Bitcoin that you can't buy with fiat. That's exactly the reason why adoption is not happening fast enough to overcome selling pressure from miners and early adopters.

Crypto 2.0 technologies are designed to tackle the issue of shortage of unique use cases. In particular, asset exchanges allow to crowdfund interesting projects that cannot be funded via other channels, which is set to drive demand for crypto 2.0 currencies.
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
October 02, 2014, 02:29:21 PM
The buy side on BTC-e is flat as a pancake. The sells are huge. Everybody wants out. Does everybody know something I don't?

Yes, read the OP. The sells have figured Bitcoin is not going anywhere, but haven't figured out yet they need to exit from Bitcoin into crypto 2.0 economy, not park their cash in fiat.

Honestly from the looks of it, devphp is completely correct. Bitcoin is becoming an aging dinosaur, and people (especially the Chinese -- just look at the CNY volumes from BTC flowing to the alts!) are starting to realize this.

That is stupid and it's just some of you kids with ADD out there complain about coins "being boring" which always make me laugh my balls off LOL
If you don't have a Fischer Price UI with flashing colors and bright lights the Kiddiots get bored and wander off  Roll Eyes
Fuck i hate kids LOL

edit:
by the way i just looked at the same time as wisdom was showing a big drop to $360 guys  Shocked
Pages:
Jump to: