Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin implants? - page 5. (Read 11395 times)

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
April 14, 2017, 04:56:28 PM
implants no

first gen hardware wallets no

i see the solution as something inbetween (as posted weeks ago)

a smart watch that only transmits public info such as a signed tx.. (not private key)
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
April 14, 2017, 04:18:25 PM
I think that it is a good idea.

However there is really no need for this, all you need is a smartphone.

This would also mean that it is easier for hackers to gain the private key of the person using this implant. I simply do not think that this is a good idea, and when you see credit card hackers just walking by with a harmless machine but actually extracting your credit card details, you get chills down your spine.

If somehow security can be achieved, then this is viable. But it is also a permanent commitment to bitcoin for whoever wishing to get this implant done.

Yeah. I know it’s a crazy idea, which may be harmful in every way, but in the meantime, I think that we will do fine with hardware wallets themselves. Implants may be useful, as they will always go with you within your body, but they pose many health and security risks. I believe that the waves transmitted from the implanted device would have a negative impact over your body in the long term, resulting in cancer or something bad that will cause you the death.

But, if manufacturers take these issues into consideration, they could develop a safer way for anyone to use implants and transact with their currency of choice, without the worries of the health implications it would have, as well as hackers trying to get over your hard-earned money. This would greatly enhance its ability to become used in the mainstream world at some point in the future.

Only time will tell if this really gets adopted or not. Just my opinion.  Grin
Activity: 1008
Merit: 531
April 13, 2017, 02:31:49 AM
I'm not sure if this has ever been implemented yet, but can you imagine a way of paying with Bitcoin by just using your own body?

It would be more of like a microchip implanted into your left or right hand that would contain both your public and private keys to send and receive Bitcoins.

So in case you want to send or receive some BTC, you would just pass your hand over at a scanner and it would perform the desired operation. This is would make it a very convenient and easy way to transact, and carry your Bitcoins with you anytime, anywhere. However, the only thing to be considered would be the security of your private key from within your implant, to protect your funds from theft.

Nevertheless, I want to know your opinion about this, since it would be pretty cool to have such a system to help spread mass adoption of the cryptocurrency.  Smiley

I think that it is a good idea.

However there is really no need for this, all you need is a smartphone.

This would also mean that it is easier for hackers to gain the private key of the person using this implant. I simply do not think that this is a good idea, and when you see credit card hackers just walking by with a harmless machine but actually extracting your credit card details, you get chills down your spine.

If somehow security can be achieved, then this is viable. But it is also a permanent commitment to bitcoin for whoever wishing to get this implant done.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
April 13, 2017, 01:29:28 AM
It would be pretty convenient indeed but the thing is implanting something within your body might affect your health or something and every person have different immunity within their body that the implant may affect it but if, and the government would not be against this idea they it might be great but then I think we don't really need this things to be implanted to someone, just like in the movie kings men about the SIM card implants in their napes, I think the whole concept or idea came to that! 

Implant technology (non-bitcoin) has been used for detainees at Guantanamo, and even embedded in the body of war soldier, very useful to anticipate if it's lost in the countryside. For economy, I welcome this bitcoin technology to be quickly realized, maybe we don't need to carry a wallet + private key anywhere because it's embedded in the body. In this case, the percentage of the radiation has to be taken seriously.

Previously, we know many types of medical implant or implant chips in anticipation of fractures, this is 100% safe though made of iron and steel.

It already comes in your mouth and you just said that some implants have a radiation and if it is made with iron and steel if it rust it can go to the blood stream and can be fatal to the system well think about first before apply it! I think the native conventional way of transaction with bitcoin is OK and convenient in many ways we don't need this advance things so we can just use bitcoin so we could just sit still and make our tummy big! I think it is as good as it is.

The developers of this implant is not dumb about the implications that this may cause. For the radiation that will be emitted by the implant is so small that it cannot even harm the body. Our smartphones emit radiation and yet it does not do any harm don't they? As for the metal to be used, instead of iron and steel, they may use stainless steel so that they will avoid rusts or even other metal that will cope with that health concern. Having implants is not that dangerous to a human's health, that is why there are scientists and engineers. Also, I think this type of implant will not be implemented unless it is proven by medical authorities that it is not harmful to anyone's health.

Not all people are very resistant to this kind of radiation as there are still people with a little immune system in their body and not all are gonna be compatible for the process, but yes there are a lot of people that are gonna be compatible for this, but can we be true to ourselves do you really want something attach to you just like and yes Cellphone have little amount of radiation in them right now but not all people are resistant to some radiation that is why there are still many deaths recorded that are cause of a brain tumor or cancer these days.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 671
April 12, 2017, 11:55:38 PM
Cool and science-fictiony vibe to your idea, the only problem, as others have pointed out, is that getting hacked would be a real bitch.

Also, wouldn't want to deal with someone motivated enough to take off my whole arm/hand, to access a key. You don't want to centralize this information in this manner; better any keys be in a way that you can divorce them of yourself should the need arise (being kidnapped or arrested, for instance). You would rather hand a physical token of this sort to someone rather than risk having it compromised/ stolen, having it as an implant is a bummer as far as operational security goes.

This is a slightly better idea as an otp generating device. Maybe tied to a person's biorythms.
It is not a fiction it is a real thing that has now prototypes in Asian countries the only problem is it died down because of having a few participation of the consumers. There is also some ATM machines that scan the veins of your hands before you can access your acount (every person has a unique vein structure just like a fingerprint). My main point is if it did not became successful to Fiat Currency why would it become successful in Bitcoin? Bitcoin already uses technology why would someone transfer to another unproven alternative?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
April 12, 2017, 09:48:10 PM
Cool and science-fictiony vibe to your idea, the only problem, as others have pointed out, is that getting hacked would be a real bitch.

Also, wouldn't want to deal with someone motivated enough to take off my whole arm/hand, to access a key. You don't want to centralize this information in this manner; better any keys be in a way that you can divorce them of yourself should the need arise (being kidnapped or arrested, for instance). You would rather hand a physical token of this sort to someone rather than risk having it compromised/ stolen, having it as an implant is a bummer as far as operational security goes.

This is a slightly better idea as an otp generating device. Maybe tied to a person's biorythms.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Sound. Fury. Signifying.
April 12, 2017, 09:11:57 PM
Activity: 350
April 12, 2017, 07:47:51 PM
The idea of ​​a wallet installed in a microchip under the skin sounds interesting but it should be added certain security measures:
-The wallet could only work if the chip were under the skin, so it could not be stolen.
-The wallet could only work if it detects (in some way) that it is under the skin of a living organism. This would avoid hand amputations to steal.
There would still be the possibility that the user would be threatened with a knife or a pistol and forced to pay or that someone would devise a way to hack the wallet with a handshake.
I am not supporting a chip under my skin and i really do not think that it is interesting simply because of the security and privacy issues and i do not want any third part to monitor my movements,but i am not sure whether you will be able to custom a microchip to identify whether it is living or nonliving organism,with AI advancing in the future there might be a solution .
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
April 12, 2017, 06:49:24 PM
This is dangerous... People will get robbed of their body parts for bitcoin!

Besides, you will be linked to your bitcoin address(es) and may lose your privacy when making bitcoin transactions.
Activity: 360
Merit: 251
April 12, 2017, 05:48:17 PM
Things like this have been thought if before bitcoin came about. It's a good idea and will work. It's a microchip it's out inside of a syringe and injected under your skin. It will work well but I personally would find it annoying just knowing something is there under my skin that I cannot see.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
April 12, 2017, 01:50:20 PM
I'm not sure if this has ever been implemented yet, but can you imagine a way of paying with Bitcoin by just using your own body?

It would be more of like a microchip implanted into your left or right hand that would contain both your public and private keys to send and receive Bitcoins.

So in case you want to send or receive some BTC, you would just pass your hand over at a scanner and it would perform the desired operation. This is would make it a very convenient and easy way to transact, and carry your Bitcoins with you anytime, anywhere. However, the only thing to be considered would be the security of your private key from within your implant, to protect your funds from theft.

Nevertheless, I want to know your opinion about this, since it would be pretty cool to have such a system to help spread mass adoption of the cryptocurrency.  Smiley
It can be done, yes but is it practical ? Honestly, I think that is the dumbest idea I have ever heard of, no offense. The next thing you know everyone’s hand is in danger of being damaged Tongue. It could work but it is not really necessary and I think it would cause more trouble than it would solve.

QR codes are just as easy and don’t cost thousands of dollars like a technology that implants something in your hands.
Activity: 406
https://gexcrypto.io
April 12, 2017, 01:33:19 PM
It would be pretty convenient indeed but the thing is implanting something within your body might affect your health or something and every person have different immunity within their body that the implant may affect it but if, and the government would not be against this idea they it might be great but then I think we don't really need this things to be implanted to someone, just like in the movie kings men about the SIM card implants in their napes, I think the whole concept or idea came to that! 

Implant technology (non-bitcoin) has been used for detainees at Guantanamo, and even embedded in the body of war soldier, very useful to anticipate if it's lost in the countryside. For economy, I welcome this bitcoin technology to be quickly realized, maybe we don't need to carry a wallet + private key anywhere because it's embedded in the body. In this case, the percentage of the radiation has to be taken seriously.

Previously, we know many types of medical implant or implant chips in anticipation of fractures, this is 100% safe though made of iron and steel.

It already comes in your mouth and you just said that some implants have a radiation and if it is made with iron and steel if it rust it can go to the blood stream and can be fatal to the system well think about first before apply it! I think the native conventional way of transaction with bitcoin is OK and convenient in many ways we don't need this advance things so we can just use bitcoin so we could just sit still and make our tummy big! I think it is as good as it is.

The developers of this implant is not dumb about the implications that this may cause. For the radiation that will be emitted by the implant is so small that it cannot even harm the body. Our smartphones emit radiation and yet it does not do any harm don't they? As for the metal to be used, instead of iron and steel, they may use stainless steel so that they will avoid rusts or even other metal that will cope with that health concern. Having implants is not that dangerous to a human's health, that is why there are scientists and engineers. Also, I think this type of implant will not be implemented unless it is proven by medical authorities that it is not harmful to anyone's health.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 501
April 12, 2017, 01:13:40 PM
The idea of ​​a wallet installed in a microchip under the skin sounds interesting but it should be added certain security measures:
-The wallet could only work if the chip were under the skin, so it could not be stolen.
-The wallet could only work if it detects (in some way) that it is under the skin of a living organism. This would avoid hand amputations to steal.

There would still be the possibility that the user would be threatened with a knife or a pistol and forced to pay or that someone would devise a way to hack the wallet with a handshake.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
April 12, 2017, 12:28:16 PM
How about security of that chip?
I have to ask because im curious if someone is able to steal bitcoins from him through some device or to find exploit in software.
If there is a way to do it, then it was not the best idea.

Im also not sure about health problems with this medical surgery to implant the chip.
Personally, I would not like to have btc chip under my skin Cheesy
Activity: 290
Merit: 100
April 12, 2017, 12:11:24 PM

it would be nice that way, but I think we are looking too far from the future the way we are talking things here, though it is a really good idea because it will be more convenient and less hassle than accessing first our web wallets before we can send transactions. But the problem is, what if somebody would remove the implant in our body, and steal the bitcoin on us, then it will all just go to waste, all the efforts that we spent in order to earn that bitcoin.

I think it would be more better if it is not going to be implant but it is connected online to our web wallet, in order to be safe and more secured.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
April 12, 2017, 12:01:54 PM

As in now days I already see some people in the new who started implanting chips in there body and they can use them to pay in stores with just waving there hand the a machine will detect the chip implanted in there hand and hes already paid in what he buy..,,
As now we are not sure if they will use bitcoin as the currency or wallet of the implanted chips but in the book of bible it is already ready happening and it will happened in the revelation..
legendary
April 10, 2017, 12:00:11 PM

Yeah. Taking into consideration the health implications that an implant would have, it would not be the most viable solution for everyday payments, but still it is an idea that might become a reality with Bitcoin, if security and health risks are the top priority when designing these systems.

In the meantime, I think that using conventional hardware wallets are great to use with Bitcoin, as there are no health implications involved. Not to mention the security issues too, as hackers and thieves will only target the device itself, in contrast to having the device implanted on your body.

Nevertheless, as crazy as having an implant sounds, it might not be far from becoming mainstream in the future with a digital currency which is backed by the government. I have a feeling that everything will be done (access to bank accounts, medical information, etc.) with the use of implants as our society evolves and becomes more futuristic. Just my thoughts. Grin
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
April 08, 2017, 03:03:47 AM

Activity: 378
April 07, 2017, 09:09:15 PM
who would want this bitcoin implants.. i think no one. Smiley
legendary
April 07, 2017, 07:42:47 PM
I don't think it's a good idea because you could be tracked very easily for nasty people, like the government. They would track you by your address and you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. I know there are advantages like the accessibility, but in the end it's more negative than positive.

Currently, there is already this kind of implant, not with BTC, but with another informations, like a barcode micro chip in the hand. I wouldn't use this kind of stuff...

You seem to have a point. If governments manage to crack down your implant, they could gain access to your Bitcoin. While the idea of having a Bitcoin implant sounds great for convenience, it may not be the most viable way to use in the mainstream world, due to security and privacy issues.

Perhaps, at some point, this kind of system would be used by governments themselves, to gain better control of their citizens in every way. All kinds of information like personal, financial and health, would be integrated into an implant, which you would use to access government services.

By that time, there would exist digital fiat currencies issued by governments, with the use of blockchain technology. The combination of blockchain technology and the use of implants, would be of great use to them. Just my opinion.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: