Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin in Economics class? - page 16. (Read 7783 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 253
October 23, 2017, 10:12:26 PM
There are news that couple of schools teaches blockchain already I think its bitcoin that they have to be taught its the technology of bitcoin. And if they will implement this with schools then bitcoin popularity will gain more investors and users.

It's best that way but it shouldn't remain in only the economic class but also the computer science and engineering classes where the more technical aspects of Bitcoin should be taught.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
October 23, 2017, 09:58:26 PM

Do you think they are talking about bitcoin in your basic ECON class?

There's no topic about bitcoin in our economic class,but in the lesson they teach us being a entrepreneurs.being an entrepreneurs you must be a trader's ,so from the words "traders " its describe about bitcoin,because in crypto currency you must be an investor or trader's to being
a  economist.so bitcoin is part of economics class.
Actually, some basic activities teach in economincs subject is enough to start with bitcoin. Basic trading ways could be useful and can be applied in crypto. Because the only thing that crypto currencies differ is the way it works in online transactions but some of their ways are totally the same. You just need only to understand the way it runs.
Activity: 308
October 23, 2017, 08:58:23 PM
There are news that couple of schools teaches blockchain already I think its bitcoin that they have to be taught its the technology of bitcoin. And if they will implement this with schools then bitcoin popularity will gain more investors and users.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 23, 2017, 08:50:46 PM
It will definitely be mentioned in passing for current events and the unexpected growth. As for an actual focus in class, only a few universities are doing that currently.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰
October 19, 2017, 12:41:10 PM

There's no topic about bitcoin in our economic class,but in the lesson they teach us being a entrepreneurs.being an entrepreneurs you must be a trader's ,so from the words "traders " its describe about bitcoin,because in crypto currency you must be an investor or trader's to being
a  economist.so bitcoin is part of economics class.
Activity: 448
Merit: 281
October 17, 2017, 04:49:17 AM
I dont think so because even most of the teachers dont know bitcoin yet. But in the future maybe since bitcoin helps one economy
This is a very good idea if we manage to educate the students of not only economy but students of other departments as well. This is very much possible if the administration of different schools and universities want it to implement it in their respective institute. Moreover, this will give the students of economics a better understanding of bitcoin and they will be able to perform well in their occupation.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 557
October 14, 2017, 02:22:38 AM
I dont think so because even most of the teachers dont know bitcoin yet. But in the future maybe since bitcoin helps one economy

Its possible that not everyone may understand the bitcoin and its advantages etc. So either including in a test-books which will require the govt acceptance firstly to bitcoin in their country. What in the mean time can be done is to hold seminar and just brief up the college students atleast about its existence .
Activity: 222
October 14, 2017, 02:09:47 AM
Economics is a field of study that has become increasingly relevant in our globalized, financialized society. The economy is part of our collective conscious and a buzzword that links personal finances to big business and international trade deals. Economics deals with individual choice, but also with money and borrowing, production and consumption, trade and markets, employment and occupations, asset pricing, taxes and much more.
Activity: 193
Presale is live!
October 14, 2017, 02:00:28 AM
Activity: 197
October 10, 2017, 07:17:08 AM
maybe it can used as a good case study.. even though the development of BTC is still ongoing, it offers some intereing insights on how the economy works (supply/demand etc.) What I would like to see, is them teaching about Blockchain itself, the underlying technology. More people need to familiarize with the concept and the possibilities it offers.
Activity: 476
Merit: 254
October 01, 2017, 06:01:01 PM
I don't see the way bitcoin can feature in economic class when everything is under government control from the teachers to the supervisors even to the point of the syllabus the moment government does not approve, it does not find its way to the class. Although, this could prove important to the class but the misconception about bitcoin alone could make the teacher to be accused of teaching the wrong things but in few years, I see all these getting cleared.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
October 01, 2017, 05:46:53 PM

Bitcoin is of itself an abject lesson in economics. I would be pretty surprised if most up to date colleges don't cover it in their curriculum. I think in some way it is still more up to students to discover the deeper elements of cryto for themselves as the landscape is changing pretty quickly.
Bitcoin might be an effective economic lesson in and of itself, but it doesn't mean that there is any reason for universities to teach such a subject that doesn't sit well with whatever agenda or curriculum they want to be teaching to their students. If there is nothing for them to learn about Bitcoin (or so they may think), then they won't push it for any of their classes and people won't learn about it. Sucks that it is like that for most universities. No longer places of thinking but rather $x and x years for a piece of paper.
Activity: 303
October 01, 2017, 05:25:41 PM

Bitcoin is of itself an abject lesson in economics. I would be pretty surprised if most up to date colleges don't cover it in their curriculum. I think in some way it is still more up to students to discover the deeper elements of cryto for themselves as the landscape is changing pretty quickly.
Activity: 266
Merit: 122
October 01, 2017, 04:21:34 PM
I don't think so because even the professor I guess doesn't know about bitcoin yet. The popularity of crypto currency is not that wide as far as I know and even government doesn't know bitcoin very well but it's a good thing if somehow they will let students learn bitcoib besides time will come that this will become widely use currency and has begin to become a global currency
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
October 01, 2017, 03:13:10 PM
When I went to college, it wasn't taught. Meanwhile, this is one way that bitcoin would be more popular. Teaching it to student in school would have the coins to grow but it has to be accepted before being inculcated into the brains of pupils Shocked
Activity: 728
Merit: 502
October 01, 2017, 02:26:21 PM

i think yes,some class now are talking about bitcoin because a week ago,my friend ask me to answer a google sheet. When i check,it's a survey about bitcoin. Im so happy that its now talking in the class and lot people will be aware of bitcoin.
Oh really! Is it true if yes then it is very good to make it more famous among the students and if the students will use it more they will earn from it. Now the use of the bitcoin is very common and easier so it is the time to make money from it. In college and the schools the bitcoin is being famous as it has the topic for the economics as well. So it is good to use bitcoin in the economics as well.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
September 30, 2017, 10:38:48 AM
Most empirical evidence tends to show the opposite: Cycles of the standard deviation of relative returns are positively correlated with transaction volume.
Also, in Bitcoin at least, we are not seeing any special increase in liquidity (volume) as price goes up. E.g., in 2013 there were more BTC on exchanges and they were more traded even if fees were typically higher.
Activity: 336
ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018
September 30, 2017, 10:30:24 AM

i think yes,some class now are talking about bitcoin because a week ago,my friend ask me to answer a google sheet. When i check,it's a survey about bitcoin. Im so happy that its now talking in the class and lot people will be aware of bitcoin.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 281
September 30, 2017, 10:06:50 AM

I heard the bitcoin to my teacher when he discussing marketing. That is also the reason why I entered the cryptocurrency world. Teaching bitcoin in schools are really good.
Activity: 336
September 30, 2017, 09:48:19 AM
I've seen lots of people asking about ways to integrate bitcoin in the society and others say that we should teach kids about bitcoin. If we ever want to achieve that casheless society, wich still a fantasy to some people, goverments should include bitcoin in economy class in colleges as a first step. Bitcoin should be teached to students since it became an international cryptocurrency.
It will take years of course to get more international,since lots of countries don't know what bitcoin is,but, teaching it in economy classes in some countries is a good step ahead.
Pages:
Jump to: