Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin in Economics class? - page 15. (Read 7783 times)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
October 25, 2017, 03:43:12 AM

Do you think they are talking about bitcoin in your basic ECON class?
the attention that bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies getting right now will surely come into education, i believe there are business school that already discussing the blockchain and crypto markets as of now but it could be on other subjects not only in economics class.
I don't think that there are schools that discussing about the blockhain and the other part of the cryptocurrnecies because it is still a hard topic to open to the students since they are still new to this and a lot of people are still close minded to the opportunities like bitcoin so i think that bitcoin will consume more time before it gets into the economic class.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
October 25, 2017, 03:40:31 AM

the attention that bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies getting right now will surely come into education, i believe there are business school that already discussing the blockchain and crypto markets as of now but it could be on other subjects not only in economics class.
Activity: 359
October 25, 2017, 02:33:05 AM

Of course they do as long as it talks about money and how it affects the prices of other goods including paper money. It should be talked about in economics classes because it affects technopreneurship, a side of entrepreneurship which relates to the digital trading of goods and services.

Yeah, bitcoin can be discuss in economics since it is related to that subject. And of course, economics is about the happenings of our country, almost all the people only knew that there is only one currency. And now, students should know about the digital currency and what it might bring good to the economy.
Activity: 816
Merit: 133
October 25, 2017, 02:29:43 AM
Technically speaking there are already professors or teachers who are now engaging in Bitcoin and somehow trying to teach it to their students. But overall I guess it is a good idea to add cryptocurrency as part of the curriculum not only for Economic Class but also to Business administration/management classes. Though some of the Deans or principals aren't allowing it due to the reason that they don't understand how does the industry work and how will it helps the students to succeed and fulfill their goals.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 25, 2017, 02:20:50 AM

Maybe, bitcoin is so popular in the social media. Students are more interested in what they see in the internet like in facebook, twitter.Technology can make things possible, so i guess, bitcoin is one of their main topic in the class sometimes.
At present I don't think that it's the true reality. Compared to the past days we have increased in number quite a little than the past. In specific now maybe a total 1% growth in the user base might have got recorded. So students at present discussing much about bitcoin in classes or somewhere else is not taking place. This might happen after years when the total growth in terms of percentage cross 10%.
Activity: 462
October 25, 2017, 01:55:49 AM

Of course they do as long as it talks about money and how it affects the prices of other goods including paper money. It should be talked about in economics classes because it affects technopreneurship, a side of entrepreneurship which relates to the digital trading of goods and services.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
October 25, 2017, 01:51:14 AM
When I took Basic Economics class way back 2016 here in our college school, we don't even discuss about bitcoins and if my professor discussed it at that time, I think I'm now a Legendary member here hehehe. Until now, I never heard that curriculums here already add topics about bitcoins but I still hope this will be implemented soon since our country is now coping K-12 Program. And I think this would be great if ever implemented because at least students will be enlightened to the system of cryptocurrency and might have a chance to engaged here in the future.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
HELENA
October 25, 2017, 01:42:51 AM

Maybe, bitcoin is so popular in the social media. Students are more interested in what they see in the internet like in facebook, twitter.Technology can make things possible, so i guess, bitcoin is one of their main topic in the class sometimes.
Activity: 350
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
October 25, 2017, 01:29:09 AM

I think it wouldn't  be a surprise if they mention or even tackled about it in economics class specially because that class needs to be updated in the changing trends in the economy and somehow discuss what affects the entire system. Since bitcoin would be a fresh topic I think it is a responsibility of the professor to inform his/her students and update them for new informations or trivias.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
October 25, 2017, 01:17:01 AM
Yes it should be in class but idk why our teacher has not tell even one thing about bitcoins.
I think he think that bitcoin is just a gambling. But bitcoin is really helpful to gaining some educational knowledge.
I think there are a lot of people who made wrong perception about bitcoin. People should not judge something before knowing more. Bitcoin is just a currency that makes positive impact to it's users financially.  The education office should include bitcoin in economics subject.
Activity: 360
October 24, 2017, 11:11:02 PM

I am not sure if they are talking about Bitcoin in the basic economics class, but B schools are showing interest. There are separate electives relating to Bitcoin / blockchain in some of the leading business schools.

This is actually a good idea. Teaching bitcoin at school is convenient for the kids, so they can start at their early stage. However, we still need to consider the fact that kids will have a access to the internet if they want to transact bitcoin, and they might learn something inappropriate.
Activity: 812
Merit: 108
October 24, 2017, 10:24:16 PM
Yes it should be in class but idk why our teacher has not tell even one thing about bitcoins.
I think he think that bitcoin is just a gambling. But bitcoin is really helpful to gaining some educational knowledge.
Activity: 672
Merit: 105
October 24, 2017, 10:16:34 PM
Somewhere mentioned some teachers talk about Bitcoin in basic economy class, but not where I am. In my school there was no field of study that taught Bitcoin even now I do not think anyone taught it. But with today's technological advances, I'm sure someday there will be a field of study that teaches Bitcoin in basic economic classes at school or college.
Activity: 336
Merit: 106
October 24, 2017, 07:41:17 PM

Bitcoin is of itself an abject lesson in economics. I would be pretty surprised if most up to date colleges don't cover it in their curriculum. I think in some way it is still more up to students to discover the deeper elements of cryto for themselves as the landscape is changing pretty quickly.

Since bitcoin is getting more and more injected into our economies, it might as well should be discussed in economics class. Anyway, its best for students to learn about bitcoin and crypto at an early age. It should be discussed in economics because bitcoin is a part of the community and it affects a country’s market and financial sector. It will continue to expand so knowledge about it should be given especially to the young ones. Classes like economics should keep up to date.
Activity: 518
Merit: 103
October 24, 2017, 07:35:36 AM
I think if you teach Bitcoin in economics class, you are introducing bitcoin as a new subject, however it is much better if we update first all levels of government regarding Bitcoin, since they will be the one to decide in how we are going to teach bitcoins to students. There might be something good that will come out if we introduce bitcoins to economics class, however, we can not say that the students will all agree with Bitcoin, they might have other thoughts, still it would be nice for them to understand what is going on right now, between Fiat and crypto currency, it will open up their eyes that the papernote that they are holding does not have any value. I think rather than economics class, to get the economy of Bitcoin and computer class, to understand block chain technology, there should be a different subject solely for cryptocurrencies so that the students will not get confused and somehow they can compare crypto currency with fiat.
Activity: 602
October 24, 2017, 03:47:43 AM
That's a lot to learn and an interesting topic if that's going to happen.There are a lot to explore about how blockchain works and creating a program about it.Millennial kids are all know about basic of computer and i think thats near beyond.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
October 24, 2017, 03:37:58 AM
There are news that couple of schools teaches blockchain already I think its bitcoin that they have to be taught its the technology of bitcoin. And if they will implement this with schools then bitcoin popularity will gain more investors and users.
We can introduce bitcoin at higher lever for investment purpose but there is no  use to introduce bitcoin at lower level or at school level. i think we can introduce bitcoin at school level as a currency, because we are expecting that in future we will become able to use bitcoin as currency even in our local area, on other side the young generation are also too much interested in online shopping and businesses therefore i think it will be more good if we introduce bitcoin as currency at lower level.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 24, 2017, 03:32:58 AM
I think if bitcoin has become a legitimate currency and can be used officially in various countries, of course this will be part of the economy class in every school, because every aspect of life-beneficial knowledge is always included in the school curriculum
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
October 24, 2017, 02:23:41 AM

I don't think bitcoin is being thought in ECON class yet, its not even well known in the world for it to be added in school curriculums. But if bitcoin and cryptocurrencies will continue to grow rapidly, and to be known around the world in its current speed rate, then I think, its just a matter of time before it will be added to school curriculums.
I think that the schools will not add bitcoin to the economic class because the schools know that bitcoin is easy to be learned in the internet and since it is an internet currency then it will not give too much problem to the students for accessing bitcoin because they can access bitcoin easily and they can both try bitcoin and learn it because it is all in the internet.
Activity: 505
October 23, 2017, 10:14:35 PM

I don't think bitcoin is being thought in ECON class yet, its not even well known in the world for it to be added in school curriculums. But if bitcoin and cryptocurrencies will continue to grow rapidly, and to be known around the world in its current speed rate, then I think, its just a matter of time before it will be added to school curriculums.
Pages:
Jump to: