Author

Topic: Bitcoin is Becoming a Global Currency - page 131. (Read 226365 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 251
March 21, 2016, 07:52:29 AM
The bitcoin can be a real currency for sure but it will take a lot of years of course because the bitcoin needs to grow.
Its in my opinion all a matter of time before this will happen, its already one step further than other currency's because its digital.

never gunna happen dude, the community are a bunch of kids who dont understand the real world in the slightest Sad

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
March 21, 2016, 05:49:29 AM
The bitcoin can be a real currency for sure but it will take a lot of years of course because the bitcoin needs to grow.
Its in my opinion all a matter of time before this will happen, its already one step further than other currency's because its digital.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
March 21, 2016, 05:35:31 AM
Yes it will be in the future. But it will take a long time and that is bad. Because more people must know about Bitcoin and that is the only option.
I hope that more people will use it later and that it will be more acceptable, that is also important.

Maybe it will take long time like you said but maybe  it won't. Who knows? Nowdays things are progressing in the rate never seen before. I predict that in 5 years there will be almost no one on this planet who never heard about Bitcoin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 127
March 21, 2016, 05:23:34 AM
For the first time, when I look at the offers on LocalBitcoins.com, there are a half-dozen currencies ahead of the US dollar, offering a higher price for Bitcoin than US dollar users.

Euros, South African Rands, New Zealand Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Polish Zloty, Malaysian Ringgits.

It is no longer just the US, EU or even China driving adoption.  There is a market for Bitcoins in major countries all over the world.

Slowly, but it will become global currency in near future, and it is awesome news for bitcoin because price will be evem larger than now, also it would be awesome to pay with bitcoin everywhere,

How would you define a near future? 1 year 2 years or 10 years? As I don't think it can become a global currency as of now only few countries are aware about it.

I doubt that it will be a global currency as it will be hard to implement in a 3rd world country yeah in can easily go to the country that are rich with mobile phone is easy to get.
Activity: 406
March 21, 2016, 05:15:37 AM
Yes it will be in the future. But it will take a long time and that is bad. Because more people must know about Bitcoin and that is the only option.
I hope that more people will use it later and that it will be more acceptable, that is also important.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
March 20, 2016, 04:35:31 PM
For the first time, when I look at the offers on LocalBitcoins.com, there are a half-dozen currencies ahead of the US dollar, offering a higher price for Bitcoin than US dollar users.

Euros, South African Rands, New Zealand Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Polish Zloty, Malaysian Ringgits.

It is no longer just the US, EU or even China driving adoption.  There is a market for Bitcoins in major countries all over the world.

Slowly, but it will become global currency in near future, and it is awesome news for bitcoin because price will be evem larger than now, also it would be awesome to pay with bitcoin everywhere,

How would you define a near future? 1 year 2 years or 10 years? As I don't think it can become a global currency as of now only few countries are aware about it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 20, 2016, 03:58:25 PM

Activity: 378
December 30, 2015, 10:53:40 PM
Awesome, good news for us bitcoin users. I see btc being a popular currency for people to buy, but I can't see people using it more than dollars though.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
December 30, 2015, 02:19:57 AM
I'm not sure I would class some of those countries as 'major' ... but there is a general sense now that bitcoins are leaving the USA, and at an accelerating rate.

I also wouldn't classify some of those countries as major.

But it is great to see that Bitcoin is getting adopted in more countries instead of the major ones like the USA, China and the EU.

I hope Bitcoin continues like this and is adopted in all countries. That would be really good for Bitcoin.

Yes other than the big and developed countries, bitcoin is getting adopted by the people in developing countries and in under-developing countries also.
The reason is obvious, people are slowly understanding the advantages and benefits of using bitcoin.
So the day, bitcoin becoming the world currency is not so far.
Activity: 952
December 29, 2015, 06:04:18 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a "global currency", but i'd say it's a "globally recognized asset". It isn't a currency because it isn't backed by a country, nor is it a country's official currency.

But it's nice and heartwarming to see a growth in a project we all have put effort in to. Maybe in a couple of years, a country will officially adopt bitcoin and maybe there might be a bitcoin Union Cheesy

I don’t think government  are will allow bitcoin to rule in business transaction. If bitcoin comes inbetween government and business Its lose for government only. They can’t find taxes in between the bitcoin money. Corruption will not take part in any official transaction It will become transparent one. Will hope for bitcoin to become Global currency.
Not really, I think if government allow bitcoin as a payment in business. They can get tax from any transaction has been made.

I don't understand why people keep on talking about the governments of the country as bitcoin is decentralized no one has control over it neither government nor the people and if they don't allow what difference is it gonna make on the people who are earning bitcoins if you are earning bitcoins then enjoy it don't think of anything else.
Activity: 714
Me, myself and I
December 28, 2015, 03:06:05 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a "global currency", but i'd say it's a "globally recognized asset". It isn't a currency because it isn't backed by a country, nor is it a country's official currency.

But it's nice and heartwarming to see a growth in a project we all have put effort in to. Maybe in a couple of years, a country will officially adopt bitcoin and maybe there might be a bitcoin Union Cheesy

I don’t think government  are will allow bitcoin to rule in business transaction. If bitcoin comes inbetween government and business Its lose for government only. They can’t find taxes in between the bitcoin money. Corruption will not take part in any official transaction It will become transparent one. Will hope for bitcoin to become Global currency.
Not really, I think if government allow bitcoin as a payment in business. They can get tax from any transaction has been made.
Activity: 532
Merit: 501
December 28, 2015, 08:55:49 AM
I'm not sure I would class some of those countries as 'major' ... but there is a general sense now that bitcoins are leaving the USA, and at an accelerating rate.

I also wouldn't classify some of those countries as major.

But it is great to see that Bitcoin is getting adopted in more countries instead of the major ones like the USA, China and the EU.

I hope Bitcoin continues like this and is adopted in all countries. That would be really good for Bitcoin.
Activity: 644
December 28, 2015, 08:36:10 AM

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
December 28, 2015, 06:32:25 AM
Bitcoin is already a Global currency. It is actually simpler and less expensive to make international transactions. It is the killer app for remittances.

That's true in case you can use Bitcoin around the globe.
But in terms of adoption around the world it is very far away from being a global currency.
And I'm not sure if we should aim for that. I would say lets continue building the network and companies using Bitcoin and then we will see how it plays out over the next years.
Also I think that soon it is going to have higher transaction fees in order to keep the miners in
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
December 28, 2015, 06:17:42 AM
Bitcoin is already a Global currency. It is actually simpler and less expensive to make international transactions. It is the killer app for remittances.

That's true in case you can use Bitcoin around the globe.
But in terms of adoption around the world it is very far away from being a global currency.
And I'm not sure if we should aim for that. I would say lets continue building the network and companies using Bitcoin and then we will see how it plays out over the next years.
legendary
Activity: 1246
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
December 28, 2015, 06:01:15 AM
Some old folks from this forum used to sell 10k btc for less than 5$ so the price has increase alot since that time but the value is still not the same with gold yet. It is worthless for most of people because not all people know about this yet but sooner or later it will but for now it is not on par yet

You are right, not all but most of the people know about it and use it in their day-to-day lives with many living on BTC completely...
Some also bought 2 pizzas for 10k Bitcoins, but that was history and that's one of the main reasons why people are getting involved in Bitcoins seeing boom in the price which drew their attention towards this giant...
Activity: 504
December 27, 2015, 01:40:50 PM
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
December 27, 2015, 10:26:20 AM

what? actually it growing pretty nicely, on par with gold

this is how you see if something is growing, check the first value that the thing had when was born, nd now check it today, all i see is a 1k-4000x increase(from under $1 dollar to current $400)

Some old folks from this forum used to sell 10k btc for less than 5$ so the price has increase alot since that time but the value is still not the same with gold yet. It is worthless for most of people because not all people know about this yet but sooner or later it will but for now it is not on par yet
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 27, 2015, 03:54:49 AM
Yeah I agree that the potential of bitcoin is huge, and crap like that but you have to admit that it is not growing as fast as you make it sound right in the first post of this thread, you have to accept the fact that bitcoin is new compared to other methods of doing transaction and the world might take another five years to actually accept bitcoin, and will demand some changes in the core existence and functionality of bitcoin transactions

what? actually it growing pretty nicely, on par with gold

this is how you see if something is growing, check the first value that the thing had when was born, and now check it today, all i see is a 1k-4000x increase(from under $1 dollar to current $400)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 26, 2015, 04:45:52 PM
Yeah I agree that the potential of bitcoin is huge, and crap like that but you have to admit that it is not growing as fast as you make it sound right in the first post of this thread, you have to accept the fact that bitcoin is new compared to other methods of doing transaction and the world might take another five years to actually accept bitcoin, and will demand some changes in the core existence and functionality of bitcoin transactions
Jump to: