Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is Becoming a Global Currency - page 50. (Read 226367 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Bitcoin has already been accepted by japan as a legal payment.China and Russia have left their plan of banning bitcoins and have started regulating bitcoins.Iran is discussing to use bitcoin as their nation's secondary currency to bye pass US sanctions.Liberland has already announced bitcoin as their national currency.Switzerland has started to accept bitcoins.So we could surely say that bitcoin is becoming a global currency.
Yes the japan have already accepted a legal way of payment and soon in the near future we will find many exchanges trading the Bitcoin in Japan these transactions in the Japanese exchanges will be from worldwide which is indicating that if Japan have approved and adopted it so it can be adopted globally and it have the potential to be the global currency.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Yes, but for sure things will be different if we have a very crowded volume of users, like government will try to take charge of it because people are going into bitcoin.
Things are good in bitcoin now so I hope when it become global currency it will remain the same as what we have now.
May be even better for the future of bitcoin, if the government is willing to legalize bitcoin. Not just as an international currency. But bitcoin may be used as the primary currency

Bitcoin is becoming increasingly popular with its rising prices. I am optimistic, someday, bitcoin will become global currency. Government will support bitcoin. Financial system revolution is bound to happen.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Yes, but for sure things will be different if we have a very crowded volume of users, like government will try to take charge of it because people are going into bitcoin.
Things are good in bitcoin now so I hope when it become global currency it will remain the same as what we have now.
May be even better for the future of bitcoin, if the government is willing to legalize bitcoin. Not just as an international currency. But bitcoin may be used as the primary currency
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
I would argue that bitcoin as of right now is more of a tool used for speculation than an actual currency. the number of people who hold bitcoin in order to make capital gains greatly exceeds the number of people who actually purchases items with it

This is not a breaking news, anyway

Bitcoin has been that since it broke out of the DarkWeb tenets (where it had in fact been used as a currency, not as an investment asset). Most likely, it will remain a speculative asset, first, as long as it offers profit opportunities to traders (more specifically, to short-term traders), and, second, as long as transacting with it is not very convenient, especially for retail businesses which require instant and low cost payments. Both of these points are interconnected, at least, to a degree. For example, if Bitcoin would be able to offer ping-time payments, that would likely help stabilize prices somewhat over time due to wider adoption of Bitcoin by merchants particularly interested in fast, close to instant payments. Consequently, after prices stabilize a little, even more merchants may get interested in Bitcoin, and that again would provide a positive feedback loop to further and greater price stabilization
Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
Certainly, bitcoin is becoming a world wide currency, and will grow bigger in the future. Half of the places I go now, all except bitcoin.  Wink I guess that's a good thing for us investors. BTC
A global currency, yes. A major global currency, unfortunately not, and it seems a long way off happening too..
There is a long list of countries that are being screwed over with negative interest rates and massively devalued currencies, people in these countries would have done very well getting their money into bitcoin a few months ago, but as can be seen by the low price, they aren't really doing that.

I guess price volatility is still too high, or upwards price volatility too low for people to be tempted in on mass.
We may take the word global currency as a currency that can use all around the world. Which true when it come to bitcoin. Because we all know that bitcoin is crypto-currency where you can used it with the power of internet and web and technology is widely spread all over te world. So using it on a wider scale or global is easy for it. And as the days goes by new developmet to its price and transaction will be made so a major global currency may be true for it in the near future.

bitcoin can to be a global currency. Bitcoin is much in demand by people because technology and ease transactions. Yes, internet has reached almost all the world and bitcoin is in it.

Bitcoin is already a Global currency, Just open your eyes and mind. Bitcoin is already used world wide in terms of digital currency. So it just means that it ws already a global currency but in tenms of digital currency.
yeah there is many chances to make bitcoin a global currency and bitcoin demand is also too much high and easy transaction and there is many people are earning money through bitcoin in good amount they are also trader.
I also believe that bitcoin is already global currency. Bitcoin is accessible around the world as long as we have an internet connection. Some local stores are now accepting bitcoin as payment but many are still not accepting it so you should convert it into cash inorder to pay them.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
Obviously, bitcoin is a global currency no matter what: if you do not accept that fact, then you should get some knowledge about cryptocurrencies. Pretty much, every single decentralized and legit coin may be used as a global currency, because you simply may use it in any place at the world: all you just need is internet connection.
So if cryptocurrencies are used world-wide, then I cannot find any reason why some people all bitcoin a scam or a ponzi scheme: after all, the BTC code is open-source, so everybody can look inside it, there is nothing hidden pretty much. That's why I hate all those opinions, who say that bitcoin  cannot be used in making settlements between people living in the different parts of the world.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
yes. I also think can bitcoin be the world currency, it will all look easy,

I also believe that one day we'll see bitcoin is on a massive adoption and it will be consider by many of us as a universal currency.

Because majority of us wants decentralization and cheaper fees which these features can be found to bitcoin.

So we are close to it.
Certainly. Big investors are now considering digital currrency for better, convinient and faster transaction. This is friendly user for everyone as we don't need to worry wether our transaction gets successful or wether our wallet get suspended as no one will be tolerated to do that as digital currency is decentralized currency. We are all looking forward for the digital currency to be used in universal/global currency.

I'm not worried about account/wallet suspension because if you are not doing something wrong, why there's need to worry on it.
You should worry about it bank around the world have frozen people's account simply because some red flag was raised.
Even in bitcoin Coinbase has had a history of freezing users account based on bullshit claims.
Look into the member here BurtW and read his story of what happened to him.

There is no such thing as incident till proven guilty anymore, all they have to do is suspect you or receive a letter from one of the 3 letter agencies and they will cut you off from accessing your own bitcoins.

Bitcoin is more than just a currency its about taking full control of what money is rightfully yours and nobody should be able to cut you off from accessing it.

I don't have an idea about that guy and do you have link on that case pal? I'm interested to read and know everything about his case.

I knew that there's a case on coinbase did that before but right now, still I'm not worried about this thing.

I don't want to be frustrated on thinking this sort of things.
Here is a link to the announcement thread posted by theymos when BurtW was first arrested.
The topic has been updated several times so you may want to read most if not all pages.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/burtw-arrested-update-charges-dropped-934268
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

I also believe that one day we'll see bitcoin is on a massive adoption and it will be consider by many of us as a universal currency.

Because majority of us wants decentralization and cheaper fees which these features can be found to bitcoin.

So we are close to it.
Certainly. Big investors are now considering digital currrency for better, convinient and faster transaction. This is friendly user for everyone as we don't need to worry wether our transaction gets successful or wether our wallet get suspended as no one will be tolerated to do that as digital currency is decentralized currency. We are all looking forward for the digital currency to be used in universal/global currency.

I'm not worried about account/wallet suspension because if you are not doing something wrong, why there's need to worry on it.
You should worry about it bank around the world have frozen people's account simply because some red flag was raised.
Even in bitcoin Coinbase has had a history of freezing users account based on bullshit claims.

There is no such thing as incident till proven guilty anymore, all they have to do is suspect you or receive a letter from one of the 3 letter agencies and they will cut you off from accessing your own bitcoins.

Bitcoin is more than just a currency its about taking full control of what money is rightfully yours and nobody should be able to cut you off from accessing it.

I don't have an idea about that guy and do you have link on that case pal? I'm interested to read and know everything about his case.

I knew that there's a case on coinbase did that before but right now, still I'm not worried about this thing.

well there may probably have been a report about security there. bitcoin wallets put a lot of emphasis on their security and I think its still for the user's safety that sometimes accounts are investigated and blocked. though I think this case is quite rare and doesn't really happen that often
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634

So we are close to it.

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
People in the world almost knew bitcoin so in the near future it will come out totally a global currency. But now, the thoughts of mine maybe right now it's so impossible to happen since the administration won't allow it. In this circumstances, the major thing is Acceptance! The time we have then bitcoin is known globally. It still takes time and a matter of time.
To my opinion there is nothing as hungry or I guess you wanted to say greedy or greed in it if you hope for the Bitcoin to be a global currency.

There may be many reasons for different countries to not accept of legalize it but no country have banned it yet and also the Bitcoin is there in almost all countries of the world. The volume may not be that huge but the presence says that yes it is a global currency.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Certainly, bitcoin is becoming a world wide currency, and will grow bigger in the future. Half of the places I go now, all except bitcoin.  Wink I guess that's a good thing for us investors. BTC
A global currency, yes. A major global currency, unfortunately not, and it seems a long way off happening too..
There is a long list of countries that are being screwed over with negative interest rates and massively devalued currencies, people in these countries would have done very well getting their money into bitcoin a few months ago, but as can be seen by the low price, they aren't really doing that.

I guess price volatility is still too high, or upwards price volatility too low for people to be tempted in on mass.
We may take the word global currency as a currency that can use all around the world. Which true when it come to bitcoin. Because we all know that bitcoin is crypto-currency where you can used it with the power of internet and web and technology is widely spread all over te world. So using it on a wider scale or global is easy for it. And as the days goes by new developmet to its price and transaction will be made so a major global currency may be true for it in the near future.

bitcoin can to be a global currency. Bitcoin is much in demand by people because technology and ease transactions. Yes, internet has reached almost all the world and bitcoin is in it.

Bitcoin is already a Global currency, Just open your eyes and mind. Bitcoin is already used world wide in terms of digital currency. So it just means that it ws already a global currency but in tenms of digital currency.
yeah there is many chances to make bitcoin a global currency and bitcoin demand is also too much high and easy transaction and there is many people are earning money through bitcoin in good amount they are also trader.
I would argue that bitcoin as of right now is more of a tool used for speculation than an actual currency. the number of people who hold bitcoin in order to make capital gains greatly exceeds the number of people who actually purchases items with it.
You are probably spot on with that comment.
I am an active bitcoin users buying most goods and paying bills using bitcoin but when i post that here everyone jumps in with comments like "you shouldn't spend any btc just yet, wait and it will go up"
Last time i checked bitcoin was a currency so people should be spending at least some of what they have.

I say just treat bitcoin as you would fiat, spend what you need to and then save the rest.

But how to use bitcoin as fiat if most stores don't accept it? To pay bills for an example, it's impossible, only fiat is accepted, bitcoin can be used on very restrict places, few sites and few sellers accept it online.
Bitcoin is being more useful as saving investment on long run, in special for countries where fiat loses price each new day.
I guess it really depends on what country you are living in.
Here in Australia we have plenty of options available to spend bitcoins.
If i want to pay any bill i use this site: https://www.livingroomofsatoshi.com/
And for in store purchases a bitcoin debit card is great.

If you want to be able to spend bitcoins then you must look at the options available to you, none of these companies make a big profit so you won't see much advertising.
with the way prices are moving right now, the rational person would not spend any bitcoin, but rather to hold it. Money needs to be a stable storage of value if we want less speculation and more of what it was intended to be. Im a huge believer in bitcoin and cryptocurrency, but our existing infrastructure has a long way to go before bitcoins can be used like regular money.
legendary

I would argue that bitcoin as of right now is more of a tool used for speculation than an actual currency. the number of people who hold bitcoin in order to make capital gains greatly exceeds the number of people who actually purchases items with it.
I am an active bitcoin users buying most goods and paying bills using bitcoin but when i post that here everyone jumps in with comments like "you shouldn't spend any btc just yet, wait and it will go up"
Last time i checked bitcoin was a currency so people should be spending at least some of what they have.

I say just treat bitcoin as you would fiat, spend what you need to and then save the rest.

But how to use bitcoin as fiat if most stores don't accept it? To pay bills for an example, it's impossible, only fiat is accepted, bitcoin can be used on very restrict places, few sites and few sellers accept it online.
Bitcoin is being more useful as saving investment on long run, in special for countries where fiat loses price each new day.
I guess it really depends on what country you are living in.
Here in Australia we have plenty of options available to spend bitcoins.
If i want to pay any bill i use this site: https://www.livingroomofsatoshi.com/
And for in store purchases a bitcoin debit card is great.

If you want to be able to spend bitcoins then you must look at the options available to you, none of these companies make a big profit so you won't see much advertising.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 784
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

legendary

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

Activity: 665
Merit: 250

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

legendary

So we are close to it.

Pages:
Jump to: