Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is gaining momentum in Africa - page 10. (Read 2367 times)

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
October 06, 2017, 08:11:18 PM
Africa is covered by demand for crypto-currencies !!!

Now Bitkoin.Africa allows customers from all African countries to buy bitcoins, quickly and without problems.
Nigeria became the first country to exchange P2P digital assets, seeking to facilitate access to bitcoin throughout the African region.
Bitkoin.Africa was launched by a team of Nigerian developers on October 1
Have a nice day, everyone! Wink
Is just the way bitcoin spreaded around the world, everyone have chances to boost this kind of technology into greatness and be known to everyone. Since Africa had successfully launched their bitcoin exchange, it could be another achievement of bitcoin and it could attract their people to used and invest bitcoin.
People in Africa will surely be a great opportunist in bitcoin because that is the first step to promote bitcoin, is to make an exchange of bitcoin and if the people in Africa will realized that bitcoin is a great opportunity to take then they will surely work hard on it and they will earn bitcoin and use it to their will and they will have a fortune because of bitcoin and that is for sure.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 518
October 06, 2017, 07:53:19 PM

Now Bitkoin.Africa allows customers from all African countries to buy bitcoins, quickly and without problems.
Nigeria became the first country to exchange P2P digital assets, seeking to facilitate access to bitcoin throughout the African region.
Is just the way bitcoin spreaded around the world, everyone have chances to boost this kind of technology into greatness and be known to everyone. Since Africa had successfully launched their bitcoin exchange, it could be another achievement of bitcoin and it could attract their people to used and invest bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
October 06, 2017, 07:12:36 PM
People in Africa also make use of phone credit to make small payments to each other locally and if they want to send or receive money from family oversees they usually have to wait hours in the line at bank or Western Union.

No wonder that they're also turning to Bitcoin, when they get more and more access to the internet at remoter places, Bitcoin will certainly become even bigger there.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
October 06, 2017, 06:45:39 PM
Great to hear. Always good for the bitcoin community when more countries accept bitcoin.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 791
Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈
October 06, 2017, 06:24:28 PM
I do not know much about bitcoin development in africa, but I read many articles that prohibit the use of bitcoin especially in south africa and niger. Developments that I know come from cryptogenie projects that focus on the African continent, I hope will encourage great development because of the many problems of poverty that must be solved better.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
October 06, 2017, 05:08:29 PM
I have some friends in Egypt, Bitcoin is widely used there, but I do not think they need to buy it from foriegn company since there are some traditional exchanges that buy/sell Bitcoin.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 06, 2017, 05:05:12 PM
I'm from Algeria and I can say this is absolutely irrelevant to most of the Africain countries even though they claim otherwise, the currencies are only displayed in NGN, a verification process is needed and BVN is required which is a scheme introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria, the site have both buying and selling listings from the same person (only one) so I don't really see how there is much demand or how this exchange is meant to be for Africa If they only support Nigeria.

Thanks mate for that information, at first reading the tittle I would like to congratulate them(those African members).
But it seem OP is just exaggerating it or he is so excited for here country to be on the level we’re bitcoin is accepted much to other country. But still hoping that bitcoin will be accepted and be spread through out this world. In Africa and in all country for them to experience the best thing in they’re life.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
October 06, 2017, 05:02:13 PM
I think so Bitcoin is gaining momentum in Africa yesss
Is that your way of showing to the world that you are too dumb to write a post and all you can do is copy the topic?  

The problem with cryptos in Africa is that there's not much Internet coverage in there, even cell phone reception is very limited. This will make us wait years before it becomes a real market for cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 311
Merit: 0
October 06, 2017, 04:53:46 PM

This is interesting news. As far as I know, various digital services are actively developing in Nairobi. I hope that the popularity of bitcoins and the opportunity to use ISO will help African countries to improve their infrastructure.
Activity: 167
Merit: 10
October 05, 2017, 09:09:57 AM
Actually talking with a friend who lives in Africa and he told me a lot of people getting interested due of bank fee, when they have to wire money from bank fees are crazy.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 05, 2017, 09:08:28 AM
Guess Africa don't wanna be left behind. Many big countries adopted this technology. If African countries are going to adopt this technology. Why not? I heard bitcoin in Nigeria is very popular. Then i searched google about this. Over 100,000 merchants are now accepting bitcoin as mode of payment. They are really relying on bitcoin since it's the fastest and yet affordable way for sending money. http://www.oyibosonline.com/over-100000-merchants-in-nigeria-now-accept-bitcoin-payments/
Also it can change their lives because bitcoin is not just a tool for money transferring but also a good form of investment. Most African countries are suffering because of poverty. Maybe it can be a way to make their lives comfortable.
I am in African and most Africans are not saving their bitcoins so that they could profit when the profit jumps, they are rather using it to purchase goods and commodities online since they can't do it with credit card due to most online stores not accepting orders from Africa due to fraudulent activities. When buying with bitcoins the orders will not flagged as fraudulent irrespective of one's location.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
October 05, 2017, 09:02:52 AM

This is a good news on African region. And it's good to know that there are Nigerian developers that are into bitcoin I know it will not be an easy challenge to them there since the community there is not believing on bitcoin. But this is just the start of it, after raising the awareness about bitcoin in that place then many will start to get into bitcoin and it will reflect to the demand of bitcoin in that region.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
October 05, 2017, 08:51:29 AM
The bitcoin will be a huge help for the country of Africa because it will open a lot of opportunities for the african people to earn money through bitcoin and if bitcoin will be good to their country then it will start to clear the poverty in that country because it has a lot of opportunities that is just waiting for the people to grab in order to change their lives.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 05, 2017, 04:04:15 AM
It’s really good move since there is some countries banning bitcoin exchanges some other coming up with new solution for crypto currency . But I think .africa domain looks quit odd for me they should have use some popular domains.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 542
October 05, 2017, 04:00:44 AM
This is a good news to all Africans who are willing to adopt bitcoin technology as another currency is the website currently like bitcoin buy and sell  exchange site? or just like localbitcoins.com?
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
October 05, 2017, 03:54:55 AM

This is a welcoming news and it just shows that bitcoin is really hard to stop right now and that's why a lot of nation is talking about it recently. But I would just like to question if Africa is really prepared for this tsunami? Have they setup their infrastructure already? Internet and Electricity is there? Because if majority of Africa has so many problems that they are facing then how they gonna adopt bitcoin? They should priority like food, shelter and water before bitcoin can really be useful in the whole of Africa. IMHO. So I'm still a little skeptics that the continent can adopt it immediately.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
October 05, 2017, 03:50:03 AM
I'm from Algeria and I can say this is absolutely irrelevant to most of the Africain countries even though they claim otherwise, the currencies are only displayed in NGN, a verification process is needed and BVN is required which is a scheme introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria, the site have both buying and selling listings from the same person (only one) so I don't really see how there is much demand or how this exchange is meant to be for Africa If they only support Nigeria.
The currencies are displayed in NGN because the initiator had only Nigerians in mind and was still dumb enough to pick a domain name extension with afrika. It's like someone thinking big but acting small .I have also been to the site, it looks like the regular Nigerian bitcoin exchange site, nothing special, with the addition of BVN as an extra security feature.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
October 05, 2017, 03:43:07 AM
Bitcoin (Cryptocurrency)in Nigeria is still a mirage. There are a lot of skepticism among Nigerians on using bitcoins and cryptocurrencies in general due to the recent wave of bitcoin related Ponzi schemes that swept the country in the past few months with a lot of folks losing their cash. Well that's what you get for being greedy. There is also another scam coin called THE Billion coin (TBC) which has a similar initials to bitcoin (BTC) hence people get apprehensive when Bitcoin is mentioned.

On the other hand, there is a growing number of (smart) Nigerians who are aware and have adopted bitcoin and making profits.

staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
October 05, 2017, 03:36:08 AM
I can say this is absolutely irrelevant to most of the Africain countries even though they claim otherwise, the currencies are only displayed in NGN, a verification process is needed and BVN is required which is a scheme introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria, the site have both buying and selling listings from the same person (only one) so I don't really see how there is much demand or how this exchange is meant to be for Africa If they only support Nigeria.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
October 05, 2017, 03:30:48 AM
Not only in Africa bitcoin is gaining momentum everywhere in the world. Still I think Crypto currency market is in the initial stages , only few people in the world know about it. So the demand of bitcoin will go higher and higher day by day, as new people connecting everyday.
Pages:
Jump to: