Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Is Not Really A Good Money - page 6. (Read 4231 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514
August 27, 2017, 12:00:53 PM
First things first: all of gold, silver and Bitcoin are subject to central bank manipulation by pegging.  When central banks store up enough non-state money, they can sell that money for a fixed dollar or pound price, and thus suppress any appreciation of the non-state money in currency terms.  This enables the elites to acquire wealth and power for free, by issuing state currency and debt, as long as the central bank has enough of the non-state money to fight off any 'run on the bank.'

I am not sure and there is no way for us to check - to know whether central bank already store enough Bitcoin and planned to sell it when it reach certain point. But, everyone could compete in this field, because bitcoin gain its value like bubbles, then whoever sell bitcoin at highest peak could make biggest profits. There are many peoples and whales already involved in bitcoin environment which makes the price fluctuations become a normal things.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 27, 2017, 11:02:21 AM
Bitcoin has the value of it's own which is derived by itself. The value is obtained on the market forces and non other has external body and even the Govt. of any country also can't interfere to it's transaction. It's a real money but the virtual but great value as of now.
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
August 27, 2017, 10:51:39 AM

Bitcoin is not great right now because there are huge transaction fees and of course no one wants to pay 10% for one transaction, especially small amounts. With that said, it will get better with Lightning Network.

It's not right but it is still working and people are still using it on mass scale. The fact of fees is due to mining stuff, the speedy transaction etc. There are different factors for that which will be overcome once the network is advanced to the next level. I believe there are many forks that will happen in the future which will help bitcoin transactions smoothly through the time. Who knows insntant confirmation might just get evolved and it will be more easy to use bitcoin.

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252
August 27, 2017, 08:35:02 AM
I don't see bitcoin as an everyday currency and "good money" nowdays, it's more of a an investment asset to hold for longer period of time as you can see people proposing and encouraging that idea on this forum and that's one of the main things that make  me think that way. Surely, I hope that that will change in the near future.
I agree with you sir, most bitcoin users themselves see bitcoin as a good investment asset rather than as a currency, because of its fluctuating value and for transaction fee are also expensive
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
August 27, 2017, 08:29:24 AM
I don't see bitcoin as an everyday currency and "good money" nowdays, it's more of a an investment asset to hold for longer period of time as you can see people proposing and encouraging that idea on this forum and that's one of the main things that make  me think that way. Surely, I hope that that will change in the near future.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol
August 27, 2017, 07:53:08 AM
It is good only for those unemployed and who really wants to earn more money but in the economy matter it is really bad, many businessman now are hard to counter bitcoin value because of its volatility and their business might be goes down.
If Bitcoin not good, why still have many investor, holder, trader in Bitcoin become to millionaire or get rich earlier than other people on the world everyday? I cannot understand the reason make you have this thought, most investor when go to Bitcoin, they are also know Bitcoin give them many opportunities while other jobs cannot compare with it.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
August 27, 2017, 07:32:47 AM
So, in order for you to have the best services available to you you have to give up some of the things that Bitcoin was sold on in first place. The same is true for other services all the way from debit cards to cash itself.
Activity: 672
August 27, 2017, 02:14:35 AM
It doesn't matter even if the elites are gettinf benefits from it who cares bitcoin is allowing us to hide from government agencies, paying unnecessary tax for funding the military to kill innocent people and also it is a free currency meaning no one from the top can know how much i have unlike banks any executive manager can have information about you
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
August 26, 2017, 04:47:19 PM
Now bitcoin is not very good money it is true. But who is to blame? Bitcoin can be compared to weapons. You can use it to protect your life and can destroy and take away life from others. Bitcoin still not a currency. We are still on the way to this and much depends on our actions.
Man are you kidding me? Bitcoin is a pure source to be rich. It is right that bitcoin is not money because it is something better than that. It keeps your amount, your earning safe then how can you even think about bitcoin destroying others life. I mean come on. We are going to make it happen and we will make it happen it will not only become currency it will also take over all currencies of the world.

its not all so rosy, broseph. this is quasi money, or better yet, Mammon (call it by its name). Money has been ruining peoples lives since we invented this silly shit, and will until we end all of this.

have a bite Smiley

http://nypost.com/2014/03/05/bitcoin-firm-ceo-found-dead-in-suspected-suicide/ (she was a pretty woman)

http://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2017/07/07/death_by_opioids_bought_with_bitcoin.html (because duuh)

https://www.wired.com/beyond-the-beyond/2017/07/giant-mt-got-bitcoin-robbery-shoes-dropping-greece/ (MTGOX bros, you juust might get your bread back, one day)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/05/british-model-kidnapped-milan-captor-tried-auction-online-for300000/ (because what the fuck really happened here?)

and the beat goes on and on. bitcoin isnt perfect, by all means. its an interesting experiment that fills a growing niche extremely well.

and yes, the OP is correct. bitcoin isnt money, just yet. money doesnt swing 50% either way on a bad day Smiley
Activity: 910
Merit: 512
August 26, 2017, 04:20:37 PM
Now bitcoin is not very good money it is true. But who is to blame? Bitcoin can be compared to weapons. You can use it to protect your life and can destroy and take away life from others. Bitcoin still not a currency. We are still on the way to this and much depends on our actions.
Man are you kidding me? Bitcoin is a pure source to be rich. It is right that bitcoin is not money because it is something better than that. It keeps your amount, your earning safe then how can you even think about bitcoin destroying others life. I mean come on. We are going to make it happen and we will make it happen it will not only become currency it will also take over all currencies of the world.
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES
August 25, 2017, 09:46:53 PM
It is good only for those unemployed and who really wants to earn more money but in the economy matter it is really bad, many businessman now are hard to counter bitcoin value because of its volatility and their business might be goes down.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Buglab.io
August 25, 2017, 09:33:28 PM
Bitcoin is a fluctuating currency and a significant price change .. making bitcoin prices rise and fall briefly. this is the excess bitcoin, and most people are investing bitcoin. They take the opportunity to buy when bitcoin prices go down and sell when bitcoin prices go up .. there are some people just keep their bitcoin waiting for expensive bitcoin prices. I think bitcoin is better than fiat money. Other than as an investment also bitcoin you can use to make transactions easily without a third party. You can make a peer-to-peer transaction to allow faster delivery.
Activity: 282
Merit: 11
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
August 25, 2017, 09:04:27 PM
Maybe for you Bitcoin is not a good money, but for most bitcoin community here it is a good currency where many of here helped by bitcoin.
They used bitcoin in so many ways, whether in savings, investment, trading, and many more.
That's  true, i doubted about this at first,  but seing how this really works makes me say that's it is really useful. It helped a lot of people already and still continuing to provide for us. Not only providing our for our needs but also giving us the chance to  incourage others who can also use the benefits of this.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
August 25, 2017, 05:40:44 PM
stop blaming bitcoin. Bitcoin is a good money and if you do not like bitcoin, you can use fiat or other kinds of cryptocurrency
If i really want to send money now at this moment i will use fiat,because the transaction charges are crazy right now and the confirmation delays are really high,i am glad to send transactions through fiat rather than shelling out more money as transaction charges,i really want to see things change and the core has to take some steps to tackle this issue and if that is handled it is the best currency we ever had.
Activity: 658
August 25, 2017, 05:33:27 PM
Bitcoin is not great right now because there are huge transaction fees and of course no one wants to pay 10% for one transaction, especially small amounts. With that said, it will get better with Lightning Network.
yes you are right these transaction fees really made pissed off some of the biotcoin users, because at the start they earn very low amount of bitcoin from here and when there is transaction fees, user get so little amount, so this is why they backed off when they see such high amount of transaction fees. But I suggest most people that keep working because this transaction fee become less in future.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 25, 2017, 04:52:04 PM
Lol, have you gone crazy ? Bitcoins are not taking away anyone’s life rather this currency has given hope to live to masses. Go and meet those who were unable to sleep well just because of their financial problems and how bitcoins have helped them out in fixing their problems. Bitcoins can’t be compared with weapons, don’t be so rude, pal.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
August 25, 2017, 02:38:21 PM
I will only say that bitcoin is not a good money when it has no value anymore. How can you say that bitcoin is not good  money if some people are earning it and holding it.  As long as bitcoin has value it will always be a good money.
yup yup yup
Can you believe that there are still people who dont believe in Bitcoin?
Look, be ignorant but don't stay ignorant.You can be excused for initial skepticism and ignorance but stupidity is a choice
The worst kind of fool is an educated fool. Real talk. 😐
 if 2017 saw cryptocurrency emerge as a revolutionary force to be reckoned with, 2018 is going to put insane money in your pocket in a very real way!
Bitcoin equals Good money.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
August 25, 2017, 11:04:24 AM
I know, Bitcoin is designed to be as free from central bank and politician control as possible.  It is open-source, decentralized, etc.

But if you think about it, Bitcoin is still fundamentally worse than gold and silver as a truly free money.

First things first: all of gold, silver and Bitcoin are subject to central bank manipulation by pegging.  When central banks store up enough non-state money, they can sell that money for a fixed dollar or pound price, and thus suppress any appreciation of the non-state money in currency terms.  This enables the elites to acquire wealth and power for free, by issuing state currency and debt, as long as the central bank has enough of the non-state money to fight off any 'run on the bank.'

This was the real nature of the gold and silver standards through most of modern history, that mainstream economists praised for stabilizing state currencies and economies, at that time.  (Of course, they are now firmly against the gold standard, thus both times saying the elites' system was/is good for the economy.)

That said, Bitcoin suffers from the additional problem that it's secured not by physics, but by algorithm.  Algorithms can change.  Algorithms are only guarded by humans who are subject to persuasion.  At some point, the elites will have issued too many IOUs against the Bitcoin in their vaults.  Either we increase the issuance limit from 21 million, or we get a financial crisis and depression.  I imagine most of the developers will be open to talking.  (BTW, some version of this is almost guaranteed to happen, due to the nature of the world system.  For example, all countries have defaulted on their promises to redeem gold at a fixed price.)

This is in contrast to gold and silver, where violating the limit of issuance is physically impossible (or very expensive, with radioactive reactions.)

Another major weakness of Bitcoin is transparency.  In order for the public to hold the elites accountable for their monetary actions, however partially, the easier it is to observe and monitor the system, the better.  The reality is that computer networks and data structures are not easy for most of the public to understand, compared to the age-old concept of holding physical metals.

And we know from experience that the elites take full advantage of lack of public understanding.  Besides the 'gold standard good, gold standard bad' flip-flop by establishment economists, almost every major issue of finance is distorted before the public receive the wisdom passed down to it by the media (and this includes, maybe especially includes, channels tailored to the highly educated, like The Economist magazine and America's PBS television.)  Southeast Asia in the 90s, Greece recently, and Germany between world wars were made to suffer deflation after their financial crises, and the economic justification was 'moral hazard.'  The US was allowed to print devalued money to ease the pain after its own financial crises, and the economic justification was Keynesian pain relief.  (The real reason for the differentiation was that American voters had more power to disrupt the elites' system than those other populations.)

With Bitcoin so much easier to manipulate than gold and silver, no wonder, all the signs are that the elites will promote Bitcoin as the store of value of the future.  This makes even more sense when you consider it would be embarassing for the elites to promote gold or silver instead, since their prices would have to rise to a level much higher than the last time the elites tried to fix them.  Gold has appreciated 30 time since the elites' fixed postwar price of $35/ounce, and would likely have to appreciate another 30 times before a new (de-facto) gold standard can become stable.  This does not make the elites' money look good.  Bitcoin has no such history, and the elites can claim (and likely be believed) that they are merely moving money onto a new, electronic foundation that is more stable than a totally fiat system.

As I mentioned before, the elites must secretly nurture, if not openly promote, some form of safe store of value that is totally trusted by the public.  In today's world, that can only mean non-state-issued money.  The only question is which.

Iwanted to just say that in all reality, the elites aren't affected by bitcoin right now at all.

The bond/stock market is somewhere around tens of trillions of dolalrs  or hundreds of trillions of dollars of value.

The total marketcap of  all coins is about 154 Billion USD. That is very small compared to stock/bond market. The elites make their money in stocks/bonds.

A new thing coming out with ICOs all the time can greatly affect their earnings though, as investors will now likely start to notice ICOs and not put that money into stocks/bonds any more.

We are decades away from it making a real impact I would say.
Activity: 574
Merit: 267
" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "
August 25, 2017, 11:00:34 AM
I know, Bitcoin is designed to be as free from central bank and politician control as possible.  It is open-source, decentralized, etc.

But if you think about it, Bitcoin is still fundamentally worse than gold and silver as a truly free money.

This was the real nature of the gold and silver standards through most of modern history, that mainstream economists praised for stabilizing state currencies and economies, at that time.  (Of course, they are now firmly against the gold standard, thus both times saying the elites' system was/is good for the economy.)

That said, Bitcoin suffers from the additional problem that it's secured not by physics, but by algorithm.  Algorithms can change.  Algorithms are only guarded by humans who are subject to persuasion.  At some point, the elites will have issued too many IOUs against the Bitcoin in their vaults.  Either we increase the issuance limit from 21 million, or we get a financial crisis and depression.  I imagine most of the developers will be open to talking.  (BTW, some version of this is almost guaranteed to happen, due to the nature of the world system.  For example, all countries have defaulted on their promises to redeem gold at a fixed price.)

This is in contrast to gold and silver, where violating the limit of issuance is physically impossible (or very expensive, with radioactive reactions.)

Another major weakness of Bitcoin is transparency.  In order for the public to hold the elites accountable for their monetary actions, however partially, the easier it is to observe and monitor the system, the better.  The reality is that computer networks and data structures are not easy for most of the public to understand, compared to the age-old concept of holding physical metals.

And we know from experience that the elites take full advantage of lack of public understanding.  Besides the 'gold standard good, gold standard bad' flip-flop by establishment economists, almost every major issue of finance is distorted before the public receive the wisdom passed down to it by the media (and this includes, maybe especially includes, channels tailored to the highly educated, like The Economist magazine and America's PBS television.)  Southeast Asia in the 90s, Greece recently, and Germany between world wars were made to suffer deflation after their financial crises, and the economic justification was 'moral hazard.'  The US was allowed to print devalued money to ease the pain after its own financial crises, and the economic justification was Keynesian pain relief.  (The real reason for the differentiation was that American voters had more power to disrupt the elites' system than those other populations.)

With Bitcoin so much easier to manipulate than gold and silver, no wonder, all the signs are that the elites will promote Bitcoin as the store of value of the future.  This makes even more sense when you consider it would be embarassing for the elites to promote gold or silver instead, since their prices would have to rise to a level much higher than the last time the elites tried to fix them.  Gold has appreciated 30 time since the elites' fixed postwar price of $35/ounce, and would likely have to appreciate another 30 times before a new (de-facto) gold standard can become stable.  This does not make the elites' money look good.  Bitcoin has no such history, and the elites can claim (and likely be believed) that they are merely moving money onto a new, electronic foundation that is more stable than a totally fiat system.

As I mentioned before, the elites must secretly nurture, if not openly promote, some form of safe store of value that is totally trusted by the public.  In today's world, that can only mean non-state-issued money.  The only question is which.

First of all we are now in the "Digital society" where everyone are more likely using technologies such as phones, desktop etc. Golds and Silvers are not so good in our time. Bitcoin is now the number one in terms of cryptocurrencies because of its interesting features.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
August 25, 2017, 09:26:03 AM
Pages:
Jump to: