Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is NOW at the PAUL Festival in Tampa - page 2. (Read 11910 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
bitpantry is down

and how does one redeem bitcoin paper like those ron paul notes?
Activity: 546

Currently live feed from USF sun dome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEmDu1AYA4o 

Thanks for link, I ended up not showing.

Youtube cut/censored that video.

Activity: 742
Adam Kokesh!  I gave him a physical bitcoin

Activity: 756
Peter Schiff on stage with bitcoin!

really what did that man have to say?
Peter Schiff on stage with bitcoin!

Jim Gray, the VP nominee with Gary Johnson, just spent some time in our booth. Nice guy, he's a judge and former prosecutor from Orange County.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Saw the festival at cspan. was good.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1002
Another awesome speech.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Hey Bitcoin is great but lets not forget the point here: Ron Paul.  Thanks to all bitcoiners down there at the rally for supporting Ron Paul and having a hope for the future of the USA!

I've never seen so many USans stand for a politician before.  Never seen tens of thousands turning out to see a politician, nor a polititician who continuously demonstrates a factor of 10 more interest than any others in polls, search trends, and turnout at rallys at speeches.  Take a look at all the professionally done animations and support videos for Ron Paul by citizens on their own dime.  There are several pretty decent rap songs about this guy.  Even video games.  I'm not old enough to remember JFK but I think this outpouring of support and love is the biggest seen by any politician perhaps in the history of the nation.       

Has there ever been this kind of support from the populace for any DC politician?  How will these RP folks feel about paying taxes and supporting DC when Dr. Paul is gone?  What do people turn to when hope to save the system from the inside dies?   

Thanks for link, I ended up not showing.
legendary
Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008
Hey Bitcoin is great but lets not forget the point here: Ron Paul.  Thanks to all bitcoiners down there at the rally for supporting Ron Paul and having a hope for the future of the USA!

I've never seen so many USans stand for a politician before.  Never seen tens of thousands turning out to see a politician, nor a polititician who continuously demonstrates a factor of 10 more interest than any others in polls, search trends, and turnout at rallys at speeches.  Take a look at all the professionally done animations and support videos for Ron Paul by citizens on their own dime.  There are several pretty decent rap songs about this guy.  Even video games.  I'm not old enough to remember JFK but I think this outpouring of support and love is the biggest seen by any politician perhaps in the history of the nation.       

Has there ever been this kind of support from the populace for any DC politician?  How will these RP folks feel about paying taxes and supporting DC when Dr. Paul is gone?  What do people turn to when hope to save the system from the inside dies?   

The blockchain wallet is in the Apple App Store now with full send and receive bitcoin functionality. There is no need to jailbreak the phone.

We have helped at least a dozen bitcoin newbies install this App so far this weekend.   And let them buy their first bitcoins.
Activity: 504
Heather has a blockchain wallet on her iphone
Apple is not amused.

I think they should sue everyone who install things they don't want on their iphone!

hehe, they thought about that but received the US banhammer not long after trying and failing to sue the guy who programmed the orginal jailbreak.
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/feds-ok-iphone-jailbreaking/
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Heather has a blockchain wallet on her iphone
Apple is not amused.

I think they should sue everyone who install things they don't want on their iphone!
the FPGA single we have in the booth is $599.  It is this model listed here on the left:

http://www.butterflylabs.com/products/

it makes about 0.35-0.40 bitcoins per 24 hour period, out of the box with no modifications.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
keep on dreaming
But luckily most people know about moores law, you might fool them. (that's not nice though)

But one thing people: Ignore my post I don't wanna derail this thread Smiley
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I'm just trying to put myself in the shoes of the unknowing bystander, and well "I've earned 4 bucks using this 1000 dollar gadget" isn't that good of an argument.
No need to become defensive... I appreciate your efforts, but just like to play devils advocate once in a while Wink

4 x 365 = 1460

1460 - 1000 = 460
legendary
I'm just trying to put myself in the shoes of the unknowing bystander, and well "I've earned 4 bucks using this 1000 dollar gadget" isn't that good of an argument.
No need to become defensive... I appreciate your efforts, but just like to play devils advocate once in a while Wink
That's probably not the best way to promote bitcoin right now.  Grin

Why not?  I'd say about 20% of the people coming into our booth were interested in the mining aspect of bitcoin.  They understand that this is the heart of how the distributed architecture of bitcoin actually works.   
legendary
And so far during 2 days of Paul Fest, our Butterfly Labs FPGA single has mined 0.4 bitcoins while at the event. 
That's probably not the best way to promote bitcoin right now.  Grin
And so far during 2 days of Paul Fest, our Butterfly Labs FPGA single has mined 0.4 bitcoins while at the event. 
Pages:
Jump to: