Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is NOW at the PAUL Festival in Tampa - page 5. (Read 11910 times)

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
I've not specifically checked the gold price, but the silver price I have checked. And it appears to be approximately 23% cheaper than what is considered to be a good deal (the comparison wasn't totally direct; coinabul's price was for generic silver pellets and the price I compared it to was for something more processed. I find it hard to believe that pressing the silver into sheets adds 23% ~33% to the price).

Not to mention that if you order to the EU, coinabul currently do not charge sales tax/VAT (not applicable for the Ron Paul event I know, but still useful to know)

Edit: never employ Carlton as a mathematician
Activity: 868
Merit: 1007
the possibility of buying gold with bitcoin is totally irrelevant.

even when the overall price you pay will be better than any fiat based gold dealer will give you? why do you think coinabul.com sells gold and silver at such attractive prices?

Perhaps it's something to do with the price dynamic that gold is subject to being even more applicable to the bitcoin price dynamic (i.e. "golder than gold")?

Whadya reckon?
If that's really true (I haven't studied coinabul's pricing), I think it would be good PR for this crowd to promote it as the cheapest way to buy gold.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
the possibility of buying gold with bitcoin is totally irrelevant.

even when the overall price you pay will be better than any fiat based gold dealer will give you? why do you think coinabul.com sells gold and silver at such attractive prices?

Perhaps it's something to do with the price dynamic that gold is subject to being even more applicable to the bitcoin price dynamic (i.e. "golder than gold")?

Whadya reckon?
Activity: 991
Merit: 1008
It's crucial for them to see that they can buy gold/silver with Bitcoin. Make sure gold and bitcoin are presented as friends and allies to Ron Paul supporters Wink

Roll Eyes
catering to the nut jobs...

Would you call investors along the lines of Steve Forbes nut jobs?

Steve Forbes: The only way to recover is to stabilize our money, have a gold backed dollar, simplified tax code and return to a free market.

Also:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanlewis/2012/06/14/gold-as-an-investment-vehicle-heres-how-to-buy-it/

Nathan Lewis: More people are thinking about gold as an investment. With banks in distress, bonds paying zilch, and “easy money” the operating principle for currency managers around the world, it makes sense.

Unless you want to trade actively, I suggest owning physical gold bullion. ...

what does that have to do with anything?
i dont dispute that owning gold might be a good investment. but for somebody not yet having bitcoin, the possibility of buying gold with bitcoin is totally irrelevant. he could just buy it with his fiat money instead of buying bitcoin first and then buying gold with bitcoin. its purely symbolic, trying to tie the value of bitcoin to that of gold or silver. it doesnt make any sense and works with irrational feelings rather than actual useful properties of bitcoin.

besides that, i dont know if steve forbes is a nut job. i only know him by name and have superficial knowledge of his political positions. which are, in my opinion, very irrational and backward to the point of barbarism btw.

And there is supposed to be media coverage there as well, so be sure to tug over some camera crews Wink

http://www.dailypaul.com/248359/media-flocking-to-tampa-for-paulfest

Lew Rockwell blog: Forty-three major organizations have already signed up, with 2-3 reporters each and a camera crew, when appropriate. They include Reuters, The Hill, the Boston Globe, HuffPo, BBC, Yahoo!, AP, WaPo, Expressen (Sweden), Paris Liberation (France), the New York Times, PBS, C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, The Guardian, Bloomberg, The Times of London, and 23 more.
Adam Kokesh is speaking on Sunday…he's talked about Bitcoin several times on his podcast…we're hoping to have a chance to meet him.
Activity: 382
Merit: 253
How about some Shire Silver as well? By the end of this week I might be able to send a silver card as well as a gold card. I do know that many people don't quite get what Shire Silver is until they actually see it in person.

We would be happy to showcase some shire silver in the bitcoin booth!  Thanks for reaching out.

I'll make sure you get a few brochures too.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
How about some Shire Silver as well? By the end of this week I might be able to send a silver card as well as a gold card. I do know that many people don't quite get what Shire Silver is until they actually see it in person.

We would be happy to showcase some shire silver in the bitcoin booth!  Thanks for reaching out.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002
It's crucial for them to see that they can buy gold/silver with Bitcoin. Make sure gold and bitcoin are presented as friends and allies to Ron Paul supporters Wink

Roll Eyes

Would you call investors along the lines of Steve Forbes nut jobs?

Steve Forbes: The only way to recover is to stabilize our money, have a gold backed dollar, simplified tax code and return to a free market.

Also:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanlewis/2012/06/14/gold-as-an-investment-vehicle-heres-how-to-buy-it/

Nathan Lewis: More people are thinking about gold as an investment. With banks in distress, bonds paying zilch, and “easy money” the operating principle for currency managers around the world, it makes sense.

Unless you want to trade actively, I suggest owning physical gold bullion. ...

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

Roll Eyes
legendary
And there is supposed to be media coverage there as well, so be sure to tug over some camera crews Wink

http://www.dailypaul.com/248359/media-flocking-to-tampa-for-paulfest

Lew Rockwell blog: Forty-three major organizations have already signed up, with 2-3 reporters each and a camera crew, when appropriate. They include Reuters, The Hill, the Boston Globe, HuffPo, BBC, Yahoo!, AP, WaPo, Expressen (Sweden), Paris Liberation (France), the New York Times, PBS, C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, The Guardian, Bloomberg, The Times of London, and 23 more.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Show them Coinabul.com. Or even better, bring an ounce of gold and offer to sell it to anyone who has bitcoins for 10% below spot price. You may not find a buyer, but it's good for conversation.  "See this gold ounce? You can buy it below market price... but oh, wait, sorry... we don't accept your silly monopoly FRN bucks."

I think this is a great idea.  

Also, you might check out this thread - nice quality Bitcoin stickers:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-bitcoin-logo-stickers-classic-new-also-help-support-the-community-93794

Wish you luck  Smiley
legendary
Show them Coinabul.com. Or even better, bring an ounce of gold and offer to sell it to anyone who has bitcoins for 10% below spot price. You may not find a buyer, but it's good for conversation.  "See this gold ounce? You can buy it below market price... but oh, wait, sorry... we don't accept your silly monopoly FRN bucks."

+1
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
alpaca socks
Activity: 382
Merit: 253
Show them Coinabul.com. Or even better, bring an ounce of gold and offer to sell it to anyone who has bitcoins for 10% below spot price. You may not find a buyer, but it's good for conversation.  "See this gold ounce? You can buy it below market price... but oh, wait, sorry... we don't accept your silly monopoly FRN bucks."

Good idea…some silver would be good too.

Good idea…some silver would be good too.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack

Activity: 575
Merit: 500
The North Remembers
I'm going to be re-tooling BitBid soon. I've had a bunch of people sign up then never post anything to sell. Kind of frustrating.
Activity: 533
Merit: 501
Be sure to have some of these there, as I'm sure it would go over nicely  Smiley

http://printcoins.com/images/gallery/ron_paul_bill.jpg

Message me your mailing address. Ill send some.
legendary
Be sure to have some of these there, as I'm sure it would go over nicely  Smiley

http://printcoins.com/images/gallery/ron_paul_bill.jpg

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
we have 2 iPads where they can order online from your website right from our booth.

Cool, so you have something your booth visitors can use to play bitZino (blackjack and video poker) or SatoshiDICE using real money then!
Pages:
Jump to: