Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is useless so why high price? - page 34. (Read 4682 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 281
February 23, 2018, 06:11:33 AM
How'd you say it's useless? It's the first cryptocurrency in the world and altcoin will never be invented if there's no bitcoin.
I believe that OP cannot give you any proper explanation for why bitcoin is useless. Only for the people who do not understand the complete system of bitcoin may call it useless. Bitcoin is the first decentralized momentary system which must be very new for all of us. The usefulness of bitcoin will be understood by everyone in coming years after getting familiar with the real applications of bitcoin system.
Yes, the fact is it is too early to call bitcoin is useless. Because we do not have all the required infrastructure to realize the real potential of bitcoin ecosystem. We must give it some more time so that we can find out how useful it will be.

Probably in coming years more people will come with many new ideas to develop those infrastructures so that bitcoin will deliver for what it was really invented.
I must agree with this. When there will be no proper environment where we can use bitcoin, we cannot call it useless. First we need to design a complete system so that we can use bitcoin more effectively. But that will not happen within a  day so we must give at least 10 more years of time to find the actual potential of bitcoin. I strongly believe bitcoin is capable of making our life much easier than what we have now a days.
Activity: 626
Merit: 10
February 22, 2018, 07:51:06 PM
Bitcoin is very slow transaction and fee is rediculus then why people bother buying it or considering it. I have £130 of bitcoin and I want to move it and it is asking for £28 network fee. Why should people bother having it. I can't wait to get rid of it when the fee is low.
Who said that bitcoin is useless? This is the the problem to some people a little delay of transaction they frustrate their self or stress their self waiting is the key. If bitcoin useless why many people love it to buy and how do we invest to other like altcoin if bitcoin is useless?
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
February 22, 2018, 07:45:54 PM
bitcoin is not useless ridiculous fees are already gone now so and transactions get confirmed using cents even bitcoin is very old its still getting updated look at lightning network which can make even transaction fee cheaper bitcoin also gets the most attention than altcoins.
Yes just because of high fee calling bitcoin is useless is not good and everyone experienced this issue in December but now everything is good and people are happily doing bitcoin transactions with low fee. now they come with lightning network and in future, they will improve a lot so just forget those bad days and collect more bitcoins or else in future you will feel so sad.
I think it's normal when users are disappointed because the previous bitcoin transaction fee is very expensive because the actual function of a cryptocurrency is for means of payment or transaction right ? so when they get an expensive fee for bitcoin transactions of course they are reluctant to use bitcoin as payment again? so bitcoin function is just for investment nowadays?
Activity: 316
Merit: 100
February 22, 2018, 07:27:03 PM
Bitcoin transfer fees are very high. I believe in blockchain technology. Crypto money will be used all over the world in the future. Bitcoin is the world's most popular crypto currency.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
February 22, 2018, 07:17:00 PM
Useless you say? Then why are you here, just sell your BTC and leave, the transaction has a fee to keep wallets progress and function for their maintenance too. Well as for the BTC price it does increases because a lot of buyers want it.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
CryptoCashbackRebate-Rewarding Cryptos
February 22, 2018, 07:04:49 PM
I couldn't agree more. Once we will have fiat - crypto BTC will become useless. Mark my words.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
February 22, 2018, 05:13:17 PM
This topic was created on December 30, 2017 and at that time there were really slow and expensive transactions. But now bitcoin has been improved and all the problems problems are almost solved. Yesterday I sent a few coins with a very small transaction fee. I think this is a very big step forward.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
February 22, 2018, 03:07:29 PM
The future of Bitcoin is pretty much set. Multi-Billionaire investors and whales that control the market know how to manipulate the price of Bitcoin. They can skyrocket its value to Pluto if they so wished, and then plunge it down into the ground. It can reach higher prices like $20k or even $40k but what goes up, can and eventually will go down too. Just be cautious when making investments.
Activity: 49
February 22, 2018, 02:52:23 PM
If you wan't to buy any coin, and i mean any coin, which coin are going to trade for it? Well what about the percentage of people who are going to do the same thing? I'm not going to risk any number but i would bet it would be quite high.

You can make a possible valid point that it shouldn't be that way, but it is. And that's a huge use case. So saying bitcoin is useless seems like a bit of a stretch.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
February 22, 2018, 02:44:52 PM
Gold is really useless, a soft heavy metal that realistically offers no real uses(except electronics but the quantity used in electronics doesnt justify the pric) and yet it is a hugely expensive commodity... Humans are weird man.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
February 22, 2018, 11:37:43 AM
bitcoin is not useless ridiculous fees are already gone now so and transactions get confirmed using cents even bitcoin is very old its still getting updated look at lightning network which can make even transaction fee cheaper bitcoin also gets the most attention than altcoins.
Yes just because of high fee calling bitcoin is useless is not good and everyone experienced this issue in December but now everything is good and people are happily doing bitcoin transactions with low fee. now they come with lightning network and in future, they will improve a lot so just forget those bad days and collect more bitcoins or else in future you will feel so sad.
Activity: 618
Merit: 250
February 22, 2018, 11:30:52 AM
I wonder if OP is still around with his bitcoins that he couldn't wait to get rid off when the fee became low weeks ago. I wonder even if he would consider zero fee alts, there are quite a few around. Then I'd be extremely curious if he managed to find even one other user who would accept his alt, not to mention if he could find a merchant he could pay the alt to for a service or product.

Otherwise, he would truly have a "useless" crypto on hand.
Thats not true bitcoin is very useful also you cannot use altcoin without bitcoin, because everytime you want to exchange your altcoin its need to convert in bitcoin first. Also bitxoin is expensive because of its popularity and higher demand but its limited supply of it.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
February 22, 2018, 11:19:19 AM
Bitcoin is very slow transaction and fee is rediculus then why people bother buying it or considering it. I have £130 of bitcoin and I want to move it and it is asking for £28 network fee. Why should people bother having it. I can't wait to get rid of it when the fee is low.

The bitcoin is an analog of gold in the world of non-numerical assets. The main application - long-term investments. Some reasons of popularity: there are no real-life founders, so there is no opportunity to influence them in any manner. Very first cryptocurrency. One of the biggest teams of developers. In development the priority is given to safety therefore the speed of implementation of new functions in a bitcoin blockchain very slow.
Activity: 672
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
February 22, 2018, 10:57:28 AM

its useless cause u invest in bitcoin now, if u have invest in BTC for 3 or 4 years earlier it can be very usefull. now the price of the BTC have rich in high pricee. so, BTC really have slow development in their price.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 503
February 22, 2018, 10:27:24 AM
Activity: 304
Merit: 105
February 22, 2018, 09:31:25 AM
Maybe in you it is useless, but no matter what happen. Your father is your father. Not only that, even though the transaction fee is high and slow, i dont think it is useless in the online shopping. Also, there are many sites that only bitcoin used. No other coins, because bitcoin is trusted since before. So i don't think it is useless.

Bitcoin fees at a very low level right now and it's fast like the wind! Soon some clouds clear and we have lightning, making it even faster. BTC is at its most useful point in history right now.
Activity: 364
February 22, 2018, 09:26:02 AM
Because he was first born and firmly ensconced in the mass consciousness. The status of the first is a strong factor
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
February 22, 2018, 09:23:15 AM
I dont agree with that! Bitcoin is useless?? No! It helps a lot of people! The strongest and well known coin among others! And if you try to ponder it! And compare it with others, i can say that its more better than any of those coins out there. And many people proves it. Thanks
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
February 22, 2018, 09:07:43 AM
Maybe in you it is useless, but no matter what happen. Your father is your father. Not only that, even though the transaction fee is high and slow, i dont think it is useless in the online shopping. Also, there are many sites that only bitcoin used. No other coins, because bitcoin is trusted since before. So i don't think it is useless.
Activity: 27
February 22, 2018, 09:02:36 AM
there is much more btc mined than any other.

plus this is the oldest coin so we should treat him with respect.
Pages:
Jump to: