Pages:
Author

Topic: BITCOIN MAGAZINE ARRIVED! - page 7. (Read 50124 times)

Activity: 496
Merit: 500
September 08, 2012, 11:48:43 PM
Why is issue #3 at Barnes and Noble but I still haven't gotten issue #2 in the mail.

#2 and #3 printed and shipped at the same time. This was done due to print distribution schedules clash forced by our distribution contract. It ls on it's way.

And for those of you who have not got it yet (all are dispatched ) here is a little teaser: http://bitcoinmagazine.net/bob-the-teaser-13/

Is this teaser related to the one from the first issue (which I think is what was on pages 34 and 35)?
legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000
September 08, 2012, 09:21:55 PM
when is my magazine coming. im waiting on issue 2
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
September 08, 2012, 08:59:08 PM
Why is issue #3 at Barnes and Noble but I still haven't gotten issue #2 in the mail.

#2 and #3 printed and shipped at the same time. This was done due to print distribution schedules clash forced by our distribution contract. It ls on it's way.

And for those of you who have not got it yet (all are dispatched ) here is a little teaser: http://bitcoinmagazine.net/bob-the-teaser-13/
Activity: 728
September 08, 2012, 08:29:17 PM
Activity: 740
Hello world!
September 04, 2012, 02:25:45 PM
Got my copy of issue #3!!

You mean #2?
Activity: 566
September 04, 2012, 01:33:45 PM
Got my copy of issue #3!!
Activity: 826
August 20, 2012, 04:57:47 PM
Looking forward to getting Issue #2 and my second copy of Issue #1!
legendary
Activity: 1792
August 20, 2012, 04:26:46 PM
Looking forward to receiving issue #2  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
August 20, 2012, 03:39:04 PM
I see my local B&N is one of the stores that will carry the magazine. We should try to buy all the stores out!

What for? To artificially inflate demand to force/encourage Matt/Vladimir to increase production resulting in increased cost and a total bust when the community suddenly decides to stop following this amazing plan of "buying all the stores out"?

True, but if few sell they may yank them from the shelves before finding an audience. I'm most excited about the customers who find it on the rack and say: "WTF is bitcoin?, hmm, let's see.... Woah sweet!"
Right, but if you buy the stores out, no one will see them on the rack...
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
August 20, 2012, 02:46:02 PM
I see my local B&N is one of the stores that will carry the magazine. We should try to buy all the stores out!

What for? To artificially inflate demand to force/encourage Matt/Vladimir to increase production resulting in increased cost and a total bust when the community suddenly decides to stop following this amazing plan of "buying all the stores out"?

True, but if few sell they may yank them from the shelves before finding an audience. I'm most excited about the customers who find it on the rack and say: "WTF is bitcoin?, hmm, let's see.... Woah sweet!"

Basically, just buy as many as you want/need, nothing more. We are looking for support, but Barnes & Noble understands that even the best magazines don't sell out.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
August 20, 2012, 02:44:02 PM

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
August 20, 2012, 02:30:37 PM

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
August 20, 2012, 02:26:17 PM
-
August 20, 2012, 11:01:04 AM
This is a quick update.

All UK subscribers had their copies of #2 and #3 as well as some orders of #1 shipped today (Monday 20st of Aug). Expect to receive it tomorrow or day after.

B&N shipment of #3 has just been delivered to distributor's warehouses (4 of them), expect it in stores marked on the map here http://bitcoinmagazine.net/subscribe/ on or immediately after 4th of September.

The rest of issues are in transit to our European warehouse, from there it will be shipped worldwide. Best guess estimate is 2-3 weeks from now.

Order your subscription now (#1's #2's #3's) to be in time for the upcoming shipment. This week we expect to ship all outstanding orders and subscriptions direct from our European warehouse.

Order here http://bitcoinmagazine.net/subscribe Naturally, we prefer bitcoin payment, but also accept legacy currencies via papal (for backward compatibility, obviously  Wink ).

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
July 20, 2012, 04:24:03 AM
arrived to germany.

most notable criticism: text font is way too big, "like in a book for children", as my gf put it.

other than that: great job!
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
July 19, 2012, 09:31:06 PM
I haven't exhaustively searched, but has there been any news on issue number two?

We will make a statement shortly.

Available 1H 2013, at the earliest. Not including shipping time.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
(:firstbits => "1mantis")
July 19, 2012, 05:29:00 PM
Will Bitcoin Magazine be available in PDF or Kindle Fire format?
-
July 19, 2012, 05:17:56 PM
I haven't exhaustively searched, but has there been any news on issue number two?

We will make a statement shortly.
Activity: 496
July 19, 2012, 05:16:43 PM
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
July 19, 2012, 05:11:20 PM
So I approached a few magazine vendors in Roma (Rome) today.  After finding one where a guy in his 20s spoke English, we got to talking about Bitcoin.

I was happy that he had heard of this "internet money."  However, when I tried to get him to sell Bitcoin Magazines, he said "No one is asking me for them."  I thought this was a fair response.   You gotta sell what the people want.  In fact, I get this same response when I try to get merchants to accept bitcoins.  They say "no one is asking if I accept bitcoin."

However, when I asked him if he wanted to purchase a copy of the magazine off of my right there, he said "I'll just read about it on the internet."  This guy clearly was working with another person who I'll assume is his father, but I thought that it was ironic given that he works at a Magazine stand...

I guess drug dealers shouldn't use their product, but I thought Magazines might be a different breed...

Anywho, to everyone who wants bitcoin accepted, ask "Do you accept bitcoin?" next time you go to pay for something where you would want to use bitcoin.

Anyone who wants Bitcoin Magazine sold everywhere throughout the world, ask "Do you sell Bitcoin Magazine?" next time you are in an establishment selling magazines and you're up for buying a magazine.

Either way, I'm glad I gave it a good shot while on my tour of Europe.  I really hope that next time I'm here, I can pay with bitcoins for more stuff to avoid all these stupid transaction fees I'm going back home to... b/c of my VISA card.

~ciao

Pages:
Jump to: