Pages:
Author

Topic: BITCOIN MAGAZINE ARRIVED! - page 9. (Read 50124 times)

Activity: 311
Merit: 251
Bitcoin.se site owner
July 12, 2012, 06:16:26 AM
Received my copy in Sweden some days ago. Overall I'm really impressed but I do agree about the font. Making the font smaller and margins bigger will give it a more professional look. Keep up the good work!
legendary
Activity: 945
Merit: 1003
July 11, 2012, 06:47:00 AM
Arrived in DENMARK!!  Grin  Grin  Grin

- well, partially, actually - I ordered and paid two copies back in January, but I only got one in the mail today.
Should I write to [email protected] to ask/complain, or should I just wait another 5.5 months for the 2nd copy?  Roll Eyes

OK got the second copy - this time wrapped in plastic and shipped from UK?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
July 10, 2012, 05:15:41 PM
I ordered 1 for a friend and 1 for me June 23 and they arrived yesterday.

Only one complaint I have: I would prefer less 5 pages and smaller letters.
The only pages where the font had an acceptable size for a magazine was in the success/fail article.
All other pages had huge letters imposible to read because it made the paragraphs look enormous.

I've stated from the get-go, jokingly, that they may opt for a Readers Digest Large Print font, but was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to read with their font choice, being that I'm 52 and have yet to get prescription glasses. I do wish, though, that the large paragraphs will be broken down into smaller bytes.

Do be careful though, psy, on touching the printed text. This is an issue that Matthew and gang will have resolved in subsequent issues.

~Bruno~
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
July 10, 2012, 05:13:17 PM

The only pages where the font had an acceptable size for a magazine was in the success/fail article.
All other pages had huge letters imposible to read because it made the paragraphs look enormous.
Yes, and the font sizes should be consistent.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
July 10, 2012, 05:04:37 PM

Activity: 523
Merit: 500
July 10, 2012, 04:49:16 PM
Got one out of three yesterday, and now the other two arrived.
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
July 10, 2012, 04:46:33 PM
Why does my Silkroad look different from your Silkroad screenshot?

One more thing, You guys took the number of forum users.. Unless DPR tells you, you'll never get the real "Main site" user count..... Probably less than 1/3 of SR users use the forum....

because one or other of you is on the FTA/DEA/CIA/DHS/CNN spoof entrapment site  Tongue
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
July 10, 2012, 04:39:43 PM
Is the first issue of bitcoin magazine still available? I went to BN last week and they don't have the magazine on their shelves yet. I think I read a post saying they would be on the shelves in September Sad

Unless you live in the future, it's not September.

Tongue

Is this available at Barnes&Nobel yet?

Bitcoin Magazine Issues #1 and #2 are not going to be available at B&N ever. it can be bought here http://bitcoinmagazine.co.uk/subscribe/

Bitcoin Magazine Issue #3 and later are expected to be in B&N eventually.

Smiley
Activity: 546
July 10, 2012, 04:33:23 PM
Is the first issue of bitcoin magazine still available? I went to BN last week and they don't have the magazine on their shelves yet. I think I read a post saying they would be on the shelves in September Sad

Unless you live in the future, it's not September.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
(:firstbits => "1mantis")
July 10, 2012, 03:13:07 PM
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
July 10, 2012, 01:54:29 PM
Confirmed, arrived in Denmark.
legendary
Activity: 945
Merit: 1003
July 07, 2012, 10:12:40 AM
Arrived in DENMARK!!  Grin  Grin  Grin

- well, partially, actually - I ordered and paid two copies back in January, but I only got one in the mail today.
Should I write to [email protected] to ask/complain, or should I just wait another 5.5 months for the 2nd copy?  Roll Eyes

In any case, 1st issue looks good, so I went ahead and ordered a 12 issue subscription. I bet those 18+ BTC will be worth a *fortune* before I get all those 12 issues  Grin

Better get on an exchange and just restock those 18 BTC asap...
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
July 07, 2012, 08:41:01 AM
Why does my Silkroad look different from your Silkroad screenshot?

One more thing, You guys took the number of forum users.. Unless DPR tells you, you'll never get the real "Main site" user count..... Probably less than 1/3 of SR users use the forum....
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
July 06, 2012, 08:56:32 AM
How many issues per year is this mag supposed to be?

12 issues per year starting September 2012.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
July 06, 2012, 08:48:54 AM
How many issues per year is this mag supposed to be?
donator
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
July 06, 2012, 07:45:53 AM
The first issue has arrived in Sweden Cheesy
//DeaDTerra
R-
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Pasta
July 05, 2012, 11:36:28 PM
ETA issue 2 ?
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
July 05, 2012, 11:10:50 PM
Still nothing in Texas.

It's entirely possible it was lost in the mail. Regardless, my apologies in advance. Please email [email protected] and let them know.

I already emailed them a week or two ago and they said they were sending a second one. Will they have to send a third?

Oh, if that's the case then of course not.

Our American re-shipper just received another bulk shipment, allowing us to continue processing American orders. Your magazine was mailed today, meaning your magazine should arrive in 1-2 weeks. We would like to apologize for this further delay, especially since you have already waited so long.

Not holding my breath...
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
July 05, 2012, 07:20:13 PM
Still nothing in Texas.

It's entirely possible it was lost in the mail. Regardless, my apologies in advance. Please email [email protected] and let them know.

I already emailed them a week or two ago and they said they were sending a second one. Will they have to send a third?

Oh, if that's the case then of course not.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
July 05, 2012, 06:57:01 PM
Still nothing in Texas.

Pages:
Jump to: