Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin on the Ebay - page 5. (Read 28523 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
March 14, 2016, 01:11:20 PM
cool Smiley let's see how that goes... operation Paperclip 2.0

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-claims/Beware-A-Partial-Order-is-Considered-by-PayPal-to-be/td-p/40741

Someone else was trying to sell bitcoins in this manner.  They are no longer active, so perhaps that didn't end very well (chargebacks can occur up to 180 days after the sale, so sales of these might seem to be going well with no chargebacks and then all of a sudden boom!)
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.398096

If enough people ask eBay about BitCoin for escrow (to avoid scamming), would they consider it? Or is that just stupid of me to think?

Are you suggesting that eBay allow the seller to put in the restriction that payment using bitcoins to an escrow service is required?  I can't imagine eBay allowing this for listings on their own site.

I suppose what you could do is compose a listing that has terms "cash only, local pickup only"  but then in the description mention that the item can be shipped if paid for using bitcoins (through an escrow service if the buyer wishes).

I know about a user at ebay that sold btc for paypal, too.
He sold a lot btc....
But 100% of the buyers used hacked paypal accounts..... Undecided

Bitcoin on Ebay is very good. You can see that the most people are also using Bitcoin now and that is very nice.
I hope that more people will use it. And that we can use Bitcoin as a good payment method. That will be so nice.
Activity: 658
March 14, 2016, 10:53:20 AM
Hi. I sale a Book on the Ebay and accept Bitcoin.

If you interests - http://cgi.ebay.de/Thomas-Huber-Ogre-Gipfel-Traume-/170608236377?pt=Sach_Fachb%C3%BCcher&hash=item27b90b1759

I also have contact the Support from Ebay and asked for the official acceptance of the Bitcoins and I'm wait for a reply from the support.

idea is nice, shame that i don't need this book, and i like to see sellers on ebay that accepts bitcoins as legal peyment

just isin't it not legal, against ebay rules? i am pretty sure that they won't let anyone pay with bitcoins ever, so it couts as illegal payment way right?
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
March 14, 2016, 07:40:24 AM
cool Smiley let's see how that goes... operation Paperclip 2.0

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-claims/Beware-A-Partial-Order-is-Considered-by-PayPal-to-be/td-p/40741

Someone else was trying to sell bitcoins in this manner.  They are no longer active, so perhaps that didn't end very well (chargebacks can occur up to 180 days after the sale, so sales of these might seem to be going well with no chargebacks and then all of a sudden boom!)
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.398096

If enough people ask eBay about BitCoin for escrow (to avoid scamming), would they consider it? Or is that just stupid of me to think?

Are you suggesting that eBay allow the seller to put in the restriction that payment using bitcoins to an escrow service is required?  I can't imagine eBay allowing this for listings on their own site.

I suppose what you could do is compose a listing that has terms "cash only, local pickup only"  but then in the description mention that the item can be shipped if paid for using bitcoins (through an escrow service if the buyer wishes).

I know about a user at ebay that sold btc for paypal, too.
He sold a lot btc....
But 100% of the buyers used hacked paypal accounts..... Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
March 14, 2016, 03:48:35 AM
Hi. I sale a Book on the Ebay and accept Bitcoin.

If you interests - http://cgi.ebay.de/Thomas-Huber-Ogre-Gipfel-Traume-/170608236377?pt=Sach_Fachb%C3%BCcher&hash=item27b90b1759

I also have contact the Support from Ebay and asked for the official acceptance of the Bitcoins and I'm wait for a reply from the support.
look like nice book,but i can't understnd deutch language,maybe you can post english version here about book reviews.
how was now?are get some answer from ebay about official acceptance of the Bitcoins?
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
March 13, 2016, 05:57:31 PM
Indeed. I mostly stopped selling stuff on eBay because they made it so easy for buyers to run scams and give sellers no help.

That's true. Sellers always get screwed on eBay.
Activity: 560
March 04, 2016, 09:05:18 AM
They can work with bitcoin when they see the sucees with openbazar but they wont take the risk with a coin,a way to pay they cant control or refund soo they will avoid bitcoin for now.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
March 01, 2016, 10:56:22 AM
I think they will accept it on a day but they will wait till a another marketplace will step in, In my opinion there are just to scared to step in all with the bitcoin and it also not reverse able.
Ebay only accepts payment methods that are reverse able for disputes and all that kind of stuff.
Activity: 714
SkyFall
February 29, 2016, 11:41:07 AM
I hope ebay will make the bitcoin a payment method on their website, I think it will take some time before they will, but they will at the end I'm sure of it.

I think they will accept it when a global famous company steps in with the bitcoin, ebay would do it too because they want to destroy the competition of course.
Activity: 434
February 29, 2016, 10:45:10 AM
Bitcoin on Ebay is very good. But it must be very safe otherwise it doesnt work and that will be not good.
And if it is going to happen you will make them both more popular to use. And people see what Bitcoin can do.
February 27, 2016, 12:39:44 PM
Well i believe ebay would be replaced,the same way that social media got eated by facebook that bringed inovation into that area,with ebay i  believe openbazar will be the only survivor in the medium if not short time.
Activity: 504
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 27, 2016, 05:07:17 AM
ebay won't accept bitcoins in any way, you won't sell your book, only for real money, try your luck in other sites, because ebay and bitcoin won't go together never
February 25, 2016, 02:30:35 PM
Sure ebay being  an old company and if accepts bitcoin would be a great exposion to us,but we dont need them as we will have our own ebay,openbazar should make some pression into ebay to add bitcoin as they see the volume.
Activity: 476
February 25, 2016, 09:33:57 AM
That will be so nice. I think if that will happen that the most people will use Ebay more. And it will become also more popular.
Bitcoin will also be more used and that is good for the economy. I hope later that it will be possible. But you never know what can happen later.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
February 24, 2016, 05:30:15 AM
It will be good for both I think. If Ebay use Bitcoin that it will be a good promotion for Bitcoin. And hopefully more used.
But the value of Bitcoin is very important too. You never know what the value will be after a few months.
Someone mentioned bitcoin at official ebay forum here  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Starting-an-eBay/When-is-eBay-going-to-start-accepting-Bitcoin-for-payment/td-p/17444741
And see the comments how people there respond on bitcoin to be  eBay payments method.
Most of them hate and didn't trust on bitcoin due many reasons like bitcoin are untraceable,  unrecallable etc.
It would be hard task to convince ebay accept bitcoin.
Activity: 462
February 24, 2016, 04:37:22 AM
It will be good for both I think. If Ebay use Bitcoin that it will be a good promotion for Bitcoin. And hopefully more used.
But the value of Bitcoin is very important too. You never know what the value will be after a few months.
February 22, 2016, 09:00:57 AM
Well we will be soon ,atleast i hope this year be present at openbazar that should open the eyes of the world since they will work with bitcoins,as i know only,soo we will be able to sell and buy anthing safety without being scared to get scammed .
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
February 19, 2016, 10:01:44 AM
Bitcoin on the ebey. I really amazed when I hear it.. I thought ebey starting support bitcoin officially. But when I read OP Post I realized that just one person from ebey dealing with bitcoin. It is also Good thing for both bitcoin and ebay.. Hope ebey officially start supporting bitcoin soon.
Activity: 546
February 19, 2016, 04:38:16 AM
If that is going to happen. I think Ebay will have more users in a fast time. Many people want to pay with Bitcoin.
But it is also a risk, if it is new than you cant trust anyone. So look at their rating or review and than you can but there.
Activity: 336
February 18, 2016, 12:01:40 PM
Great, I hope every seller will do just like what you do (accepting Bitcoin)
That will be so nice. but I hope more people will use Bitcoin so we can spend more.
But you must dont trust everyone. Then can steal you or something, so watch out.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 605
February 18, 2016, 11:03:49 AM
It must be a good way to helping bitcoin users to buys stuffs from ebay. It also make bitcoin more popular among rest of the peoples. I think this will be such a big move for bitcoin if ebay start accepting bitcoin payments.
Pages:
Jump to: