Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin on the Ebay - page 9. (Read 28434 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
July 10, 2015, 10:12:03 AM
from my experience, I would never combine btc and ebay.  Paypals policy is clear "no digital goods" allowed.  They wont even review the case, just refer you to their policy refraining from digital goods.  Until they officially change thier policy, I'd stay away.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 10, 2015, 06:01:35 AM
I never understood the concept of buying a definite amount of Bitcoins on eBay. It just doesn't feels right.
Activity: 608
Merit: 502
July 10, 2015, 04:36:49 AM
Buy his book and get some bits back too: http://www.coinrebates.com/store/ebay
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
July 09, 2015, 11:24:45 PM
Yeah, and it could be named Bitcoin Book    Cheesy
Bitcoin Book Day Cheesy
Where everyone in the world make a transaction for a book with Bitcoin, and then read that book Grin

Yeah, and a Bitcoin Giveaway Day could be good idea too, some bagholders could spread us some BTC.... Cheesy
That is a great idea, but I think they are huggers instead of givers. Sad
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
June 30, 2015, 07:38:34 PM
Bitcoin Book Day Cheesy
Where everyone in the world make a transaction for a book with Bitcoin, and then read that book Grin

Yeah, and a Bitcoin Giveaway Day could be good idea too, some bagholders could spread us some BTC.... Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
June 29, 2015, 08:51:49 PM
Bitcoin Book Day Cheesy
legendary
June 29, 2015, 07:55:16 PM
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
June 29, 2015, 01:45:06 AM
I'm wondering if the transaction was happened, this would be the next Bitcoin Pizza Cheesy
legendary
June 28, 2015, 01:42:57 PM
Hi. I sale a Book on the Ebay and accept Bitcoin.

If you interests - http://cgi.ebay.de/Thomas-Huber-Ogre-Gipfel-Traume-/170608236377?pt=Sach_Fachb%C3%BCcher&hash=item27b90b1759

I also have contact the Support from Ebay and asked for the official acceptance of the Bitcoins and I'm wait for a reply from the support.

Smiley

If they agree I will send you 2000 BTC Smiley

AHAHAHA
Besides book only  costs EUR 4,58  Smiley

Maybe guy can give 2000 BTC how bounty to ebay to acceptance of the Bitcoins....... Cheesy
legendary
June 28, 2015, 01:38:12 PM
Besides book only  costs EUR 4,58  Smiley
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
June 28, 2015, 01:05:40 PM
Hi. I sale a Book on the Ebay and accept Bitcoin.

If you interests - http://cgi.ebay.de/Thomas-Huber-Ogre-Gipfel-Traume-/170608236377?pt=Sach_Fachb%C3%BCcher&hash=item27b90b1759

I also have contact the Support from Ebay and asked for the official acceptance of the Bitcoins and I'm wait for a reply from the support.

Smiley

If they agree I will send you 2000 BTC Smiley

AHAHAHA
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
March 12, 2012, 07:52:00 PM
cool Smiley let's see how that goes... operation Paperclip 2.0

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-claims/Beware-A-Partial-Order-is-Considered-by-PayPal-to-be/td-p/40741

Someone else was trying to sell bitcoins in this manner.  They are no longer active, so perhaps that didn't end very well (chargebacks can occur up to 180 days after the sale, so sales of these might seem to be going well with no chargebacks and then all of a sudden boom!)
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.398096

If enough people ask eBay about BitCoin for escrow (to avoid scamming), would they consider it? Or is that just stupid of me to think?

Are you suggesting that eBay allow the seller to put in the restriction that payment using bitcoins to an escrow service is required?  I can't imagine eBay allowing this for listings on their own site.

I suppose what you could do is compose a listing that has terms "cash only, local pickup only"  but then in the description mention that the item can be shipped if paid for using bitcoins (through an escrow service if the buyer wishes).
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
March 12, 2012, 06:38:46 PM
If enough people ask eBay about BitCoin for escrow (to avoid scamming), would they consider it? Or is that just stupid of me to think?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
Activity: 412
Bitcoin is the Future of currency
Activity: 49
June 03, 2011, 06:00:08 AM

E-bay won't agree because it's against their policy of requiring a payment method that is reversible.  The ebay rating system is currently for show for that reason as the buyer will always receive their money back no matter if they practice due diligence or not.

Em. A payment per bank is not reversible too. But ebay accepts this.

i don't know what country you hail from but, personally, I have done bank reversals on wire transfers here in the United States. More difficult than a credit card transaction reversal but, still highly possible.  Not to go too off topic but this is one of the reason why I enjoy Bitcoin, YOU control your money not some bureaucratic mess(banks, government etc.)

I'm from Germany. And the bank transfer is not reversible (anyway "not", if the transfer already is in the "system").

I`m also from Germany, and bank transfers ARE reversible. Once someone I didn`t know transfered me some money by accident, and I didn`t say a thing. A month or so later my bank called me that the transfer will be reversed, for I was obviously not the intended recipient and the sender did a mistake. Banks here (and everywhere I suppose) have great liberties in reversing transfers that most people are not aware of. Another reason to like bitcoins :-)
Activity: 51
February 27, 2011, 04:41:21 PM
Indeed. I mostly stopped selling stuff on eBay because they made it so easy for buyers to run scams and give sellers no help.

Agreed! I'm always amazed or upset with consumer rights.
In any trade the [scammer] can be on either side. There's no point in saying or assume "the seller" is the scammer or the potential scammer.
Then a "consumer", one that is «exclusively a consumer», is a social parasite, because normal people is both, producer and consumer. Market demands balance not grant one all privileges and make the other a sitting duck.

A while ago I quit a subscription for one of those "Consumer protection"'s magazine. I found outrageous that 99% of it was about mobile phones - for it I'll go fetch an operator flayer myself, thank you. And then add sections with a title so amazing as "The consumer demands". I really wonder who they think they're, because for "The consumer" they are meaning themselves. And "demands" goes as balanced as «the consumer must have the right to a full refund if return the thing to the shop within 15 days» - WHAT?! So let's say, I buy a pair of tennis, 15 days later go there for the refund, buy another, do the same... over and over... a free pair every 15 days? Was it the idea?!...

Gosh!...  Angry

It's true. And it's right. Those people are too seldom. And this is a little price for the customer rights.
Activity: 51
February 27, 2011, 04:35:23 PM

E-bay won't agree because it's against their policy of requiring a payment method that is reversible.  The ebay rating system is currently for show for that reason as the buyer will always receive their money back no matter if they practice due diligence or not.

Em. A payment per bank is not reversible too. But ebay accepts this.

i don't know what country you hail from but, personally, I have done bank reversals on wire transfers here in the United States. More difficult than a credit card transaction reversal but, still highly possible.  Not to go too off topic but this is one of the reason why I enjoy Bitcoin, YOU control your money not some bureaucratic mess(banks, government etc.)

I'm from Germany. And the bank transfer is not reversible (anyway "not", if the transfer already is in the "system").
legendary
Activity: 1218
February 26, 2011, 02:52:31 PM
Indeed. I mostly stopped selling stuff on eBay because they made it so easy for buyers to run scams and give sellers no help.

Agreed! I'm always amazed or upset with consumer rights.
In any trade the [scammer] can be on either side. There's no point in saying or assume "the seller" is the scammer or the potential scammer.
Then a "consumer", one that is «exclusively a consumer», is a social parasite, because normal people is both, producer and consumer. Market demands balance not grant one all privileges and make the other a sitting duck.

A while ago I quit a subscription for one of those "Consumer protection"'s magazine. I found outrageous that 99% of it was about mobile phones - for it I'll go fetch an operator flayer myself, thank you. And then add sections with a title so amazing as "The consumer demands". I really wonder who they think they're, because for "The consumer" they are meaning themselves. And "demands" goes as balanced as «the consumer must have the right to a full refund if return the thing to the shop within 15 days» - WHAT?! So let's say, I buy a pair of tennis, 15 days later go there for the refund, buy another, do the same... over and over... a free pair every 15 days? Was it the idea?!...

Gosh!...  Angry
Activity: 339
February 26, 2011, 02:45:24 PM
How about putting bitcoin in the title of bitcoin buyable items and then a note about bitcoin in the body of the auction?

The ideal would be to drift away from Paypal and Ebay and have a market like biddingpond.com that did not charge near 10% total for transactions.  I will soon start to list there (next week) and try it out.  

Reputation will be very important on a site like that because scammers will try to infest any site.  On a bitcoin driven site, most of the scamming would be done by the seller (not shipping, mis-representing) not by the buyer like in ebay.  

Today ebay has made it way to easy to rip a seller off, with the biggest stupid move of eliminating negative feedback option for the seller.  Now a scammer can keep doing the same trick to many sellers.  
This right here(emphasis mine). I will never remove the feature of two way feedback.  In the future I might even implement the ability to even block buyers based upon their positive/negative feedback ratio.  Right now I'm working on a couple of Bitcoin projects as the sole developer. One of them to be released in the next few days. So, time is definitely limited.
Pages:
Jump to: