Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin or Altcoins? Which is safer or more profitable? - page 22. (Read 4170 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
There are some really good ICOs... check out these guys are talking about top 5  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2xsavNLSzXNA1H89ZGgQuw
Activity: 518
Hello family, I need to take an informed decision on this issue

With the present challenges with the blockchain technology and its present congestion ,

Is it still safe, wise and as profitable as before to start a fresh bitcoin investment?

I'm thinking that investing in a number of the other several altcoins might be much better

Pls I need your thoughts and opinions on this....thanks

I think investing to altcoin would be riskier since most of the altcoin's market value are not good for a long run such that when a new altcoin rise, its value will eventually fall unlike the value of bitcoin that is continuously increasing and becoming more expensive. So ibviously, bitcoin is more profitable and much more safe to invest your money with.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
We must divide, by dividing it will be safer, give 40% for bitcoin and the remaining 60% for altcoin. if calculated from the gain of bitcoin and altcoin is the same depends on the altcoin we choose.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
If you are thinking for the short term than Altcoin is good.
But for the long term Bitcoin is the only choice.
Activity: 518

With the present challenges with the blockchain technology and its present congestion ,

Is it still safe, wise and as profitable as before to start a fresh bitcoin investment?

I'm thinking that investing in a number of the other several altcoins might be much better

I think bitcoin is more profitable because it has a higher rate of increase on its market value than any aktcoin which makes it profitable for investments. Also, Bitcoin is good for a long run, most of the altcoins are just being on mainstream in just a short period of time so investing into it woun't lead to huge profit for a long period of time.
Activity: 345

in my opinion, it is Bitcoin which is more profitable and much safer since it has already established a huge community that generates high demand in the market that positively affect its market value.It is safer to invest because its market value is continuously increasing unlike the price of alts which is eventually falling since there are lots of altcoins and the demand in the market is being divided.
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
It depends. It is hard to say which is more profitable. If you have good skills in tradind, you can get more profit with altcoins. If not, you will get more profit by holding Bitcoin
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
As OP mentioned in the title, 'safer or more profitable' it means that if he is willing to earn handsome amount of profit then he must take the risk as a thumb rule of investment says, "High-risk yields high profit and low-risk yields low profit".

I believe that Bitcoin is going to perform very well in the long run but that doesn't mean that I should put all the eggs in the single basket. I am diversifying my investment in Bitcoin and alt-coins but still, the major share of my investment portfolio is allocated to Bitcoin. I would suggest OP to diversify his investments to avoid the risk by spreading it across the various investment option. However, doing own research while (before) choosing investment options (altcoins) is highly recommended.
Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"

Bitcoin and altcoin investments both are profitable but bitcoin need to be long term investment but altcoin investment not like that some altcoins give good price bump in the short time.So you have to deceide what type of investment your are going to make.
I sugget invest  60% in bitcoins hold it in cold storage for more than 5 years to get huge profit.Then invest remaining 40% in altcoin which price is trending at that moment once you got good bump convert it into btc because keeping as altcoin is more risky.
Activity: 41
Hold some of both. Bitcoin used to have an inverse relationship with alts. Whenever bitcoin pumps, alts suffer and vice versa. But generally as more mainstream interest comes in, investors are going to invest in in bitcoin first and alts subsequently.
Activity: 420

If you have a altcoin or bitcoin they are same risky so bitcoin is much profitable because all altcoin must need to convert in bitcoin but i think altcoin is more good because you woll get a lot of btc if you win in trading.
Activity: 191
I think bitcoins are more safe and profitable. As it continues to rise in price. And I'm sure that we will receive a lot of benefits when we get the right rewards for bitcoins
Activity: 171
Merit: 12
Long Term: Bitcoins
Short Term: Altcoins
Activity: 308
Presale is live!

Well if we are talking about safety wise all the cryptocurrency are a bit risky to invest in some more than others, but this risk comes at the cost of profit, investing in cryptocurrency espascially in bitcoin can get you some really good and fast profit, so if you are asking which is better to invest in for profit and with less risk i would say bitcoin, because the other coins people only use them as backdoors to bitcoin they mine and try to get ethereum or litecoin or whatever other cryptocurrency there is just to exchange them to bitcoin because it is starting to be hard to get, but all in all cryptocurrency is becomining more and more sort of the new era investment, because people know that soon papaer moeny will disapear and digital money will take place.

Altcoins base their value off of Bitcoin... Damn that's embarassing... You thought altcoins are actually sound money, and considered a strong store of value that operates on a decetralized network? No. Altcoins are centralized and have short term value with no long term value whatsoever as they are just speculative and profit off of BTC's code.
Activity: 714
Merit: 531
if we talk about which is safer between bitcoin and altcoin, the answer is bitcoin because its less volatile, Bitcoin Volatility is almost decreasing every year and now it's almost as volatile as oil. But the altcoin is the most profitable if you predict it right altcoin you can get a massive amount of money, but yeah when there's is a high reward there is always a high risk.
Yes i am agree, no doubt that bitcoin is much safer and profitable to invest than altcoin, you can invest in bitcoin for short term or long term period it depends on the amount of your capital, also you can used that to buy good altcoin or has potential to increase its value and hold it for long period to have an option in the near future and it will give you multiple income if you have more investments.
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
Now a days its hard to have a bitcoin so on my own opinion use some altcoin (eth , etc) for profit because it much easier than bitcoin , you can use those altcoin in trading , investing or other things but do your own research before doing that for your own safety Smiley , then if you already have a profit from altcoins convert it to the bitcoin as a investment becasue bitcoin price is unstoppable and safer ^_^.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
if we talk about which is safer between bitcoin and altcoin, the answer is bitcoin because its less volatile, Bitcoin Volatility is almost decreasing every year and now it's almost as volatile as oil. But the altcoin is the most profitable if you predict it right altcoin you can get a massive amount of money, but yeah when there's is a high reward there is always a high risk.
Activity: 476
Merit: 359

Hello fam, you might see many answer here, but the decision maker is  still you.
For me there are rules before you invest to anything, including bitcoin and other coins, such as :
1. Only afford what you can lose
2. Learn about the investment.
Just that 2 reasons, for me, that i need to apply to all my investment things. On how you are going to invest, it is up to you. But, for me personally, i would love to invest all that to bitcoin, because i want it as a long time investment, because bitcoin is the first crypto currency and the trends of bitcoin is always good, although it has some down, but somehow it always come back to a better price, even higher, and it already survive all manipulated attack before. And in my opinion, Alt coins is great if you want to do some trading, and if you good at it, you can make profit in a short time.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
There are some really good ICOs... check out these guys are talking about top 5  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2xsavNLSzXNA1H89ZGgQuw

These guys organize a cool conference on November 27th in Singapore, it's called BlockShow. I'm thinking to go, but tickets are expensive, so I'm still thinking...

I bought it with 30% discount. The code for the discount is VIP30, in case you buy tickets.

Is it this conference you are talking about? https://blockshowasia.com/
Activity: 644
Merit: 261

It is still profitable to invest in bitcoin because its price will still grow given the demand and attraction it is getting now. Yes there are others who would be skeptic in investing due to its high price but if you still have money you can afford to lose then invest in it. It is a high risk high reward investment. However, if you invest purely in bitcoin then don't expect that the value of your holdings will increase immediately in a short time because it is already high but instead you can invest in altcoins that has still low value because there is a room for more growth like it would increase tenfolds in months. The combination of both would be best to increase the number of your bitcoin and the value of it as well.
Pages:
Jump to: