Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin or Property? What might be the best investment? - page 16. (Read 2635 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 107
I think we must first invest in bitcoin and if you have a lot of profit to buy a property this is the best idea for good investments.First property as long as we hold our title we can gave it to our children once they grow up and have their own family,investing in bitcoin for a long time we are not sure of how long will crypto exist.
Activity: 840
Merit: 520
We had a very interesting discussion over the weekend and people debated if it was better to invest in property or to invest in Bitcoin. The argument was as follows :

1. Most people cannot afford to buy property, so they take a home loan at a Bank. The home loan is paid back with interest and some of these loans are spread out over 20 years to make it affordable to the person who takes out the loan. So, over that 20 years the house of $100 000 will cost you say $1 000 000. {$900 000 paid in interest}

The argument is also that the property has to increase in value, with more than $900 000 for you to say that it was a good investment AND you have to sell that property to get that profit.

2. The other side of the room said it was better to rent a smaller property and to invest the "savings" into something like Bitcoin, because your profit will pay for a bigger deposit or even a whole property in a few years time.

I think paying a high interest rate to a Bank is just as bad as paying rent to a Landlord, because you are getting screwed in both these circumstances.  Angry

We all want to live in big houses that we cannot afford.  Roll Eyes
I think bitcoin is the best among all the investment present in today’s time, bitcoin is considered to be the most sustainable crypto currency and thus it is more profitable and beneficial among all, as there are plenty of other investments also like investing in gold then stock exchanges, then depositing money in banks and then investing your money in property and for investing in property , you need money in bulk, so everyone can’t afford this but by investing in bitcoin, you can buy property after words.
Activity: 109
Merit: 0
For a fruitful investment you must first judge the situation, I mean if you find that this situation is suitable to invest in bitcoin then you must go with this or if property then go for that but now i think you can invest here.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
both are inter related and work sidebyside, i think the reason people go into crypto investment is to raise enough money through profit and buy a decent affordable and conducive house to live in, i mean what is the use  of a fat crypto wallet without a roof over ones head, so i invest in crypto, use my interest to buy a house, both are important.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
It is none other than bitcoin. We all know how hard it is to sell a property to a perspective client but in bitcoin, you just need to find an exchange.  I also want to have a property but as my assets and I'm not selling it unless a shopping mall will offer a lot of money me.
Activity: 448
Merit: 17
I think, the right statement for the conditions that you describe in this post is, BTC as an alternative to investing other than property
because we know that property investment requires a lot of money, so we have to have a lot of money to be able to invest in property
while investing in BTC you can start with 15 $ or maybe 100 $ for some exchange
Activity: 28
I think property is more profitable because property increases every year and everyone needs property
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
Bitcoin should be better only because it's a new technology, and only new technologies get super price gain. Property less risk but more stability.

Why should you choose one of these if you can take both decisions. it will make a double profit that you will get.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 106
bitcoin has been speculated to be very expensive in the near future. it has every probability of the speculations as it has been on that trend for almost a decade since it came into existence and as such can be said to be a worthy investment much more than property.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008
Keep it dense, yeah?
Ideally it would be best to invest in both e.g. a single property (home) and some Bitcoin holdings - stored securely and perhaps topped up according to some strategy, for example: investing $200 from each pay packet.

When you start looking at investment into further properties then I think that will always be king. You can rent out properties while they will likely (but not always) increase in value, depending on developments within the area, of course.

My strategy is to invest majority of money into a home, then what I can afford to lose into crypto.

Activity: 17
when viewed from the question, I'd better choose to invest in bitcoin the reason is very simple. that is :
# investment in property is very risky and requires a lot of connections and trustworthy and there are no other things like natural disasters and fires.
# while investing in bitcoin we only have to monitor the graph and look for reliable references. does not mean there is no risk, everything we do or do business must have a risk but investing in bitcoin is a small risk than investing in property
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
I'd go with Bitcoin, Bitcoin is scarce and that scarcity will bring great value to it.
Activity: 235
Merit: 1
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
Well, i believe it is better to make investment to Bitcoin now since of greater possibilities that you might earn multiple times to your capital if you know how cryptocurrency works. But in your case, choosing between property and bitcoin investment might need some time to think and decide because it is quite big asset you are dealing with. As well know, many experienced investors always believe on the strategy never invest more than you can afford to lose. Also bitcoin investment needs deeper understanding in order for you to prosper in this business.
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
This could be a difficult choice for the one who understands the power of cryptocurrency and believes in the future. It will not be so safe to sell a property like a house or land to buy bitcoin but it all depends on the skills of the individual involved.
The risk is very large. Don't sell property that you already have for bitcoin, especially if you haven't mastered the bitcoin ecosystem. Property is an asset. My advice, look for other capital. never invest more than you can afford to lose.
Activity: 112
As for me, I would rather take loan from bank and use the money to solve the issue at hand i.e house, car etc than waiting to make profit from bitcoin before I can achieve my wants. Bitcoin is long term investment, the question is do I know what will happen in next 3years if I didn't go for the bank loan?. Can I sleep on my bitcoin?, am not saying btc will not bring profit but not immediately we need those things.
Activity: 62
This are the pros and cons of investing in bitcoin and property.

Bitcoin
Pros

- Volatility can lead to big profits for smart investors
- Low supply helps to avoid inflation, offering a store of value
- It can never be confiscated from you since it’s privately stored
- Not taxable - depends on what country you're living.
- Easily liquidated - you can sell it immediately if you need quick cash.

Cons

Prices can go down just as quickly as they went up
Cryptocurrencies don’t come with insurance policies
Small mistakes can lead to lost funds
No fixed income.

On the other hand,

PROPERTY INVESTMENT
Pros

- You can earn rental income from having tenants rent out your investment property.
- Benefit from capital growth if you buy at a good price and the property increases in value.
- The interest on an investment home loans is tax deductable.
- Property investment can be less volatile than shares.
- Unlike shares, your property is a physical investment that you can see and touch.

Cons

- Your rental income usually won’t cover your total mortgage repayments so you may have to invest some of your income for repayments and expenses.
- You are a slave to the property market; Interest rate rises will affect your return and put the pinch on your disposable income and if the property market goes down, so too does your investment.
- Unlike shares you can’t just sell off a section of you investment if you need some quick cash.
- There are high entry and exit costs associated with property investment.
- If you go through periods without tenants you have to be prepared to cover the entire costs.

I personally prefer property investment because I I can have that accomplishment feeling. Nevertheless, both are good investment if you have the time and skills to learn both.

You should know all the risk before investing. It all depends on you, how you manage your investment.
Activity: 140
Bitcoin and property are both good for investment. But If I have to choose, I prefer a property. Properties become more expensive as the year's pass because of some developers that go up on the hill or to every possible remote area just to buy more titled lots for housing purposes. Although bitcoin can also increase rapidly in just a matter of time but still it is just too risky to invest in.
Activity: 630
Merit: 123
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
Bitcoin should be better only because it's a new technology, and only new technologies get super price gain. Property less risk but more stability.
Activity: 112
This could be a difficult choice for the one who understands the power of cryptocurrency and believes in the future. It will not be so safe to sell a property like a house or land to buy bitcoin but it all depends on the skills of the individual involved.
Activity: 539
Merit: 255
Bitcoin in its wake can also be regarded as an asset or property. Investing in Bitcoin is one smart move because it holds the keys to the future of financing. It is always best to diversify your investment portfolio, allocating part for Bitcoin and part for real estates.
Splitting the amount in both is always a good idea cause it could just make lose smaller, i would always pick an option with splitting the amount of money.
Pages:
Jump to: