Author

Topic: Bitcoin puzzle transaction ~32 BTC prize to who solves it - page 177. (Read 215457 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

Yeah .. He, most likely, generated 256 keys and manually updated the first character on the left whenever necessary.
You really think he just changed 1 digit? Some one who is an expert in cryptography would know better, but maybe he didn't want to make it very difficult and really used randomly generated keys. But if I were him, I'd have changed a few characters to make it really really hard, for example having a few 0s in a key will make it hard to reverse engineer a key manually, and brute force/kangaroo, well they have their limits.

One other thing could be placing a key outside a bit range, I'm curious did Satoshi ever confirmed that the keys are truly in the assumed bit ranges or we just hope the amounts of transactions are enough of a proof that the keys are exactly there?

But you know what I'd like to see? A large amount in a key with no exactly known bit range, somewhere between 160 and 180 bit not lower and not higher, then solving that key would be a global challenge, though not any amount which someone could spend half of it to use special tools and grab it, something which could only be solved by math and new methods.

For example, I haven't seen any tool/ algorithm capable of  adding or subtracting 1 to a key and then divide it by 2, kangaroo  engages square root calculations, BSGS looks for a match after adding/subtracting calculations, but no tool does + or - 1 then divide!

Now I look at it from a different angle. In binary, the program is more practical, for example, I know the last 8 bits of the private key anyway, because 8 bits equals a maximum of 256 digits. There was a friend who said that if the curve math is 0, multiply, if 1, add, knowing the last bit means solving ecdsa, the last 8 bits are 1 in 256, you can find the rest. If you say the last 16 bits, there is 1 possibility in 65536, these numbers can be tried, you will reduce 125 bits -16 bits =109bits.

This is the code

Code:

from sympy import mod_inverse
import secp256k1 as ice

k=mod_inverse(2,N)
neg1=ice.point_negation(ice.scalar_multiplication(1))

def ters(Qx,Scalar):
     ScalarBin = str(bin(Scalar))[2:]
     le=len(ScalarBin)
     for i in range (0,le):
        if ScalarBin[le-i] == "0":
            Qx=ice.point_multiplication(k,Qx)
        else:
            Qx=ice.point_addition(Qx,neg1)
     return ice.point_to_cpub(Qx)

for x in range(65536):
         print(ters(pub,x))

If the last bit is 1, it moves the point forward when divided by (2).

7fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff5d576e7357a4501ddfe92f46681b20a1 +

if the last bit is 0 then normal divides

You trying to do mod_inverse using N. But N what is?

N=0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEBAAEDCE6AF48A03BBFD25E8CD0364141

The code doesn't work.

NameError: name 'pub' is not defined

How to fix?

pub=ice.pub2upub('0433709eb11e0d4439a729f21c2c443dedb727528229713f0065721ba8fa46f00e2a1c304a39a77 775d3579d077b6ee5e4d26fd3ec36f52ad674a9b47fdd999c48')
Activity: 49
Merit: 0

Yeah .. He, most likely, generated 256 keys and manually updated the first character on the left whenever necessary.
You really think he just changed 1 digit? Some one who is an expert in cryptography would know better, but maybe he didn't want to make it very difficult and really used randomly generated keys. But if I were him, I'd have changed a few characters to make it really really hard, for example having a few 0s in a key will make it hard to reverse engineer a key manually, and brute force/kangaroo, well they have their limits.

One other thing could be placing a key outside a bit range, I'm curious did Satoshi ever confirmed that the keys are truly in the assumed bit ranges or we just hope the amounts of transactions are enough of a proof that the keys are exactly there?

But you know what I'd like to see? A large amount in a key with no exactly known bit range, somewhere between 160 and 180 bit not lower and not higher, then solving that key would be a global challenge, though not any amount which someone could spend half of it to use special tools and grab it, something which could only be solved by math and new methods.

For example, I haven't seen any tool/ algorithm capable of  adding or subtracting 1 to a key and then divide it by 2, kangaroo  engages square root calculations, BSGS looks for a match after adding/subtracting calculations, but no tool does + or - 1 then divide!

Now I look at it from a different angle. In binary, the program is more practical, for example, I know the last 8 bits of the private key anyway, because 8 bits equals a maximum of 256 digits. There was a friend who said that if the curve math is 0, multiply, if 1, add, knowing the last bit means solving ecdsa, the last 8 bits are 1 in 256, you can find the rest. If you say the last 16 bits, there is 1 possibility in 65536, these numbers can be tried, you will reduce 125 bits -16 bits =109bits.

This is the code

Code:

import secp256k1 as ice

k=mod_inverse(2,N)

def ters(Qx,Scalar):
     le=len(ScalarBin)
     for i in range (0,le):
        else:

for x in range(65536):
         print(ters(pub,x))

The code doesn't work.

NameError: name 'pub' is not defined

How to fix?

This is the code

Code:

import secp256k1 as ice

k=mod_inverse(2,N)

def ters(Qx,Scalar):
     le=len(ScalarBin)
     for i in range (0,le):
        else:

for x in range(65536):
         print(ters(pub,x))

Activity: 12

This is the code

Code:

import secp256k1 as ice

k=mod_inverse(2,N)

def ters(Qx,Scalar):
     le=len(ScalarBin)
     for i in range (0,le):
        else:

for x in range(65536):
         print(ters(pub,x))

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1501
@f4lc0n90 also has a pool for finding puzzle #67 by downloading the client v7 https://github.com/f4lc0n90/f4lc0npool/releases/  you can participate in the search http://f4lc0n.com:8081/  Smiley
copper member
Activity: 198
Here is my vision of cuda kangaroo https://github.com/Etayson/Etarkangaroo
Range limited to 192 bit, detecting dead kangaroos during merge, fast kangaroo initialization on GPU...

How to compile on linux?
Activity: 76
Merit: 4
Range limited to 192 bit, detecting dead kangaroos during merge, fast kangaroo initialization on GPU...

Tried it and impressive
Activity: 617
Merit: 312
Activity: 177
Merit: 14

Last night, I stumbled upon one of your pages by chance, about fifteen pages back! One of you had a brilliant idea. I don't remember the person's username, but they didn't explain much.

DO YOU mean Professor of wilds ? He's ideas sorry are shit. They don't work because keys are generated on fly. We already discussed this.
Activity: 3

Good evening everyone! I've been following this forum on and off for several years. I want to wish you all good luck for the 32 BTC puzzle. Well, it has increased now. Please note that this message is translated into English because I don't speak English well enough. Last night, I stumbled upon one of your pages by chance, about fifteen pages back! One of you had a brilliant idea. I don't remember the person's username, but they didn't explain much. However, as I reread the creator's message, it made sense. I did some research, and indeed, it matched. I have never coded in my life, but I followed some tutorials last night and achieved the same results (since the person shared their results). I dreamt about it all night! : ) And this morning, Eureka! I found a continuation of their work, an idea! I've been thinking about it all day, doing calculations and probabilities in my head, but unfortunately, I've been busy with work. I'm about to head home and try all this mess! I will keep you updated whether I find the answer or get closer to it! I will share the results and the method used. Please bear with me, as it takes me a lot of time to code something since I'm not an expert like most of you! I just wanted to say to those who are trying to find a mathematical solution that there isn't a single formula, but many small calculations and probabilities at times! Focus on the creator's message and on the ranges where each key is located, even those that have already been found! The goal is not a complicated mathematical formula but rather asking the right questions!! I hope this will inspire you!

This is the code

Code:

import secp256k1 as ice

k=mod_inverse(2,N)

def ters(Qx,Scalar):
     le=len(ScalarBin)
     for i in range (0,le):
        else:

for x in range(65536):
         print(ters(pub,x))

Activity: 185
Merit: 15
Two things you should never abandon: Family & BTC

You really think he just changed 1 digit? Some one who is an expert in cryptography would know better, but maybe he didn't want to make it very difficult and really used randomly generated keys. But if I were him, I'd have changed a few characters to make it really really hard.

Lol .. you have no clue what we're talking about do you! The reason he changes the first character on the left is NOT to make it difficult, it's to make the ranges as per his puzzle requirements.. in fact, even if he changes nothing.. Brutefocring the seed is impossible. A person who knows cryptography would know that humans are terrible in creating secure randomness. Changing numbers or adding zeros doesn't do shit in terms of difficulty, the opposite is true, it can actually increase predictability
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏

Activity: 185
Merit: 15
Two things you should never abandon: Family & BTC

Maybe Satoshi created this "puzzle", and once all the private keys are found... maybe a hash of the string composed of all the keys within individual ranges, or maybe something related to them... could lead to the private key that "controls" the addresses that received the first mined bitcoins. Science fiction ? XD
I can't see any science in your theory, it's just a made up scenario in your head, I doubt him to be a liar, he said that he used a deterministic wallet to generate the keys.

The only thing I don't understand, are all the keys from one seed and if they are, did he use the first 256 keys and didn't generate more? If he used the first generated 256 keys, which would be impossible to generate 256 keys and all of them have the exact bit range of the intended bit range.

So my guess is that he might have used a single seed but had to generate more than 256 keys to find the perfect keys matching the intended bit ranges if masked with leading zeros.

So explain what I mean.
Imagine I generate 256 keys and see none of them has 1 in the middle so that I could mask anything behind 1 with zeros and use that key for puzzle #125, for instance.

Example
Code:
5efad5987dc4a907698547d117b98892    0    5001159481c639e043e52d4f9b832e1
I can't use the key above for puzzle #125 because it has 0 in the middle instead of 1, so I'd either  have to manually replace 0 with  1 or generate another key till I see 1 in the middle.

In both cases there will be no pattern, no correlation between the keys whatsoever.

copper member
🖤😏

Maybe Satoshi created this "puzzle", and once all the private keys are found... maybe a hash of the string composed of all the keys within individual ranges, or maybe something related to them... could lead to the private key that "controls" the addresses that received the first mined bitcoins. Science fiction ? XD
I can't see any science in your theory, it's just a made up scenario in your head, I doubt him to be a liar, he said that he used a deterministic wallet to generate the keys.

The only thing I don't understand, are all the keys from one seed and if they are, did he use the first 256 keys and didn't generate more? If he used the first generated 256 keys, which would be impossible to generate 256 keys and all of them have the exact bit range of the intended bit range.

So my guess is that he might have used a single seed but had to generate more than 256 keys to find the perfect keys matching the intended bit ranges if masked with leading zeros.

So explain what I mean.
Imagine I generate 256 keys and see none of them has 1 in the middle so that I could mask anything behind 1 with zeros and use that key for puzzle #125, for instance.

Example
Code:
5efad5987dc4a907698547d117b98892    0    5001159481c639e043e52d4f9b832e1
I can't use the key above for puzzle #125 because it has 0 in the middle instead of 1, so I'd either  have to manually replace 0 with  1 or generate another key till I see 1 in the middle.

In both cases there will be no pattern, no correlation between the keys whatsoever.
Activity: 2

You're some kind of naive person)) Do you honestly think that Satoshi came up with some kind of magical thing called bitcoin? I'll tell you a secret - elliptic curves were engaged in 2000 BC in Iran)))
ECDSA and Secp256k1 - this is not invented by Satoshi!))
This is the encryption standard - the US National Security Agency - it has been used for many many years - to encrypt messages! This is mainly used by the military and special services!
What is the story of 2000 BC in iran, do you have any sources and names to provide please?
Of course militaries use elliptic curves for encryption, but I doubt if they use a publicly available curve for that purpose. And maybe Satoshi didn't invent the ECDSA, secp256k1 curve, but he was smart enough to use it in order to secure bitcoin.

Secp256k1 is purely a safe vault, with other characteristics and utilities. Satoshi just chose to lock the door of the bitcoin vault using a locking mechanism we call secp256k1.

Ps, I agree with you, I'm just a simpleton, doing simple stuff, saying simpler things.
copper member
🖤😏

You're some kind of naive person)) Do you honestly think that Satoshi came up with some kind of magical thing called bitcoin? I'll tell you a secret - elliptic curves were engaged in 2000 BC in Iran)))
This is the encryption standard - the US National Security Agency - it has been used for many many years - to encrypt messages! This is mainly used by the military and special services!
What is the story of 2000 BC in iran, do you have any sources and names to provide please?
Of course militaries use elliptic curves for encryption, but I doubt if they use a publicly available curve for that purpose. And maybe Satoshi didn't invent the ECDSA, secp256k1 curve, but he was smart enough to use it in order to secure bitcoin.

Secp256k1 is purely a safe vault, with other characteristics and utilities. Satoshi just chose to lock the door of the bitcoin vault using a locking mechanism we call secp256k1.

Ps, I agree with you, I'm just a simpleton, doing simple stuff, saying simpler things.😉
Activity: 26
Merit: 2
casperas20

http://f4lc0n.com:8080/
there is a pool, join.
Activity: 13
If the target key is not a prime number, you could find a divisor for it, it could either be an even number or an odd number, I guess nobody has ever tried it yet.😉

i try it two years ago, don't believe that you are the only guy who can think, i guess that some math guy already try all this some 30 or 20 years ago.
I wonder if 20, 30 years ago there was any incentive for the math guy to try things harder, but you know even if Newton hadn't discovered gravity we would still be living our lives, just because no one has found the solution doesn't mean the solution doesn't exist.

Finally you reached the root problem or in other words security behind secp256k1. Figuring out Odd vs Even is literally the DLP itself. By far, any form of calculation on the curve won't work due to clock math nature of rounding around the resulting points.

But that going around the curve happens when you try division or + - with very large keys, if you limit your range of operation to a certain bit range, you could eventually find a check point.

For simplicity :

E.g. subtracting 200 from 1700 = 1500, subtracting 200 from 1500 = 1300, subtracting 1000 from 1300 = 300, subtracting 1700 from 2000 = *300!

* see how we reached our checkpoint so fast just with a few normal elementary math operations?

What makes it difficult is the size of the actual keys we are looking for, and what we are looking for is not even 0.1% of 2^256 range which most of the people's keys reside in.

So far this 0.xxxxxxxx% of the curve order has kicked our asses collectively. 🤣

Activity: 2
hi guys, im new here, does any of u have any doubt that the private keys of 66 and the the remaining keys are not at the showed ranges since the rewards are higher now and noone has reached out to open any private key after the last updated rewards?
Jump to: