Author

Topic: Bitcoin puzzle transaction ~32 BTC prize to who solves it - page 197. (Read 215345 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 15
Two things you should never abandon: Family & BTC
And how can you calculate or guess which letter comes next? There is no way. Hash is only one way and only one piece. I can't say that puzzle 66 randomly starts at 3C that easy
I’m not guessing. All ranges will be accounted for, but if someone thinks the key lies in 1, 2, 3, etc ranges. They can focus their firepower in that range. But at least half of work in every range will be good and help towards the private key. And all of the work in the range where the key does lie, will be good.

What about random kangaroos? Is it worth the thought?
Activity: 1162
Merit: 237
Shooters Shoot...
And how can you calculate or guess which letter comes next? There is no way. Hash is only one way and only one piece. I can't say that puzzle 66 randomly starts at 3C that easy
I’m not guessing. All ranges will be accounted for, but if someone thinks the key lies in 1, 2, 3, etc ranges. They can focus their firepower in that range. But at least half of work in every range will be good and help towards the private key. And all of the work in the range where the key does lie, will be good.
Activity: 177
Merit: 14
Anyways, @WanderingPhilosopher is there any news about the new program? Did you get it to move up in bit size?
Negative...I have not solved the stride function on GPU yet. I am going a different direction until that is solved.

In the meantime, everyone needs to think/guess/fortune cookie/etc, what they think the second character is for #125, b/c it starts with a 1, we know that much. So what are the first 2 characters, 1F, 1E, 1D, 17, 15, etc?
I have a plan to attack this and let people help in the range (1F, 1E, etc.) they feel is the contains the private key...more to follow.

Why? How many bits would be the key space if we got the first  two characters right?

No wait don't answer that lemme try..
61.55 bits
Close...2^61.05

I've gotta do some prep work/leg work to get this right...

We could start in that range from the middle, then near the end, and eventually near the beginning.

Like 18'ish then 1F'ish then 11'ish

Then turns out to be 13 and screws us up. Tough task.
Shooters Shoot...
Anyways, @WanderingPhilosopher is there any news about the new program? Did you get it to move up in bit size?
Negative...I have not solved the stride function on GPU yet. I am going a different direction until that is solved.

In the meantime, everyone needs to think/guess/fortune cookie/etc, what they think the second character is for #125, b/c it starts with a 1, we know that much. So what are the first 2 characters, 1F, 1E, 1D, 17, 15, etc?
I have a plan to attack this and let people help in the range (1F, 1E, etc.) they feel is the contains the private key...more to follow.

Why? How many bits would be the key space if we got the first  two characters right?

61.55 bits
Close...2^61.05

I've gotta do some prep work/leg work to get this right...

61.55 bits
Shooters Shoot...

Activity: 59
Merit: 1
Alberto igual podrías escribirme de favor! hay funciones y experiencia que tú tienes que nos pueden beneficiar.

Grin

Hi, there is no need to write in Spanish i can read English without need to translate it, so if you want to speak in Spanish you can do it in PM or telegram.

Regards

I can’t send DM to you, cause my rank.
Shooters Shoot...

The easy math to calculate expected group ops using kangaroo is to take your bit range, divide by 2, add 1.05. (bit range / 2) + 1.05 so for #125 = 125/2 + 1.05 = 63.55.

So you are saying solving 125 is almost the same as solving 64? While 125 is 32 times bigger than 120, are you saying if we use kangaroo we could reduce the range to equivalent of brute forcing 63.55? Your math is confusing, unless kangaroo operations is different than brute force ops.
Again, #125 is not 32 times larger, searching, using kangaroo, than #120...

YES, Kangaroo is way different that brute force. That is why 120, 115, 110, etc was solved before 66, 67, 68, etc.

But to keep it simple, yes, kangaroo would reduce the #125 search to an equivalence of brute forcing 2^63.55 keys...
Activity: 38
Merit: 8
this is not the right place to ask for money, this thread is meant for storming and sharing ideas about solving the challenge.
Activity: 177
Merit: 14
What is going on..... Today i saw 4 beggars including me here on the forum. wtf
For the moment this proves one thing, regardless of the premium behind an address and the computing power used when the pubkey is disclosed, having a private key greater than 125 bit is secure  and without pubkey even a 66 bit is solid. Conclusion bitcoin is strong and bruteforcing is not the right approach with current technology to resolve all #  Grin.

Yep, kangaroo or the likes won't work on a regular address with balance. Which leaves us to pvt key brute forcing, won't work either. Lol that's why you see one address with billions of dollars worth of bitcoin untouchable for years. It will stay secure forever until either the owner spends from it or loses the key and turn it into a dead address, also forever.
Activity: 117
Merit: 32
For the moment this proves one thing, regardless of the premium behind an address and the computing power used when the pubkey is disclosed, having a private key greater than 125 bit is secure  and without pubkey even a 66 bit is solid. Conclusion bitcoin is strong and bruteforcing is not the right approach with current technology to resolve all #  .... I have a hunch the bounties may even be doubled even further as this won't resolve either #125 or #68. For #66 and 67 maybe
This is just for fun and not for real. There is no mathematical calculation that is stronger that 10 mathematicians in the world. And the the people who have solved this puzzle mathematical game are more than 10 persons in the forum and none has gotten the answer. That means it is only the OP can solve the puzzle.

Well it makes the forum more fun. People are really engaging in the puzzle game. Some for fun while some for the price placed by the OP. Though the puzzle is not for all but only for those who are good in mathematics but yet none has gotten it. So the puzzle is titled "the secret puzzle"

This is because there is no mathematical algorithm to solve the keys. Because Randomness beats everyone's ass. Especially when you randomize every single puzzle of the 160 ones. The only difference between a puzzle address and a regular address is that we have identified so many bits (the leading zeros) and only lack a few bits (rest of the random key characters). Why make such challenge? Because this shows how strong can Bitcoin hold against the masses if they decide to gather up and crack the shhit out of it. And guess what! Obviously Bitcoin is too hard to crack. 64 bits killed us all for years. 120 bits with known public key and an amazing pollard kangaroo tool and yet got our asses kicked for years. Imagine the regular address we take for granted consisting of at least 252 bits of random hex characters. Unfathomably secure.

Edit: i realize that a regular address can at least occur once in the 160 bit range so no need to search the entire 256 bit space to crack an address. But find me a technology that can crack such a high bit range and I'll create a statue of your figure. Even quantum devices are not ready to possess insane amounts of Qubits to run through the entire 160 bit key space.
Activity: 700
Merit: 577
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
This is just for fun and not for real. There is no mathematical calculation that is stronger that 10 mathematicians in the world. And the the people who have solved this puzzle mathematical game are more than 10 persons in the forum and none has gotten the answer. That means it is only the OP can solve the puzzle.

Well it makes the forum more fun. People are really engaging in the puzzle game. Some for fun while some for the price placed by the OP. Though the puzzle is not for all but only for those who are good in mathematics but yet none has gotten it. So the puzzle is titled "the secret puzzle"
Activity: 38
Merit: 8
Let's remember that this is not really a "puzzle", there's no pattern or hints, it's crude measuring instrument, of the cracking strength of the community, that's the purpose of this challenge.

Read my post above. You can eliminate large sections of the range that have improbable bit patterns. I haven't yet measured how much range that is in proportional to the puzzle length.

How so can you eliminate trillions of trillions of keys? Is this a magic?

How/What method do you use for Range-Eliminating-Measure? That's interesting.

I mean yeah, a 100,000 GPUs would be almost enough but who the FREAK does someone or group of pools/people have 100,000 GPUs? That's more GPUs than my poor country WTF Satoshi are you serious lol

WTF IM GOING CRAZY RIGHT NOW, HEY SATOSHI MAN WUT i know you read this u sneaky snoki scopi do, you already spent more than $15 Million on something crazy; would you spent a little more for something even more crazier? Here donate me only 1BTC so i can finally afford to have kids. Sound crazy enough right? I'll be waitting for you Satoshi! Here  Kiss 32NYX3o1FDegf6nJiqKLi4DE25LYzSd72B

THANKS SATOSHI, i'll remember this Smiley

Dear Santa Claus ...   Grin

Be serious man and think for a while. If he would like to throw his bitcoins here and there he would do that already. 

Something fishy is behind all that puzzle "thing". Someone is playing with us.

Bitcoin has the worst distribution model in the history. (few people has thousands of them and other fighting for some pennies)

I don't care if he is satoshi or not ... he can stuff his bitcoins up his ass.

And i have small advice for you all ... don't waste your time chasing the shadows cause  life is too short for that.

If he would like to make your lifes better he could simply give 1 BTC to every participant here cause i guess the group is smaller than amount of bitcoins he placed on that addresses. But that is not his goal. He want to play with people or someone is testing of what tools and new ways people can invent.

Definitely its not an averege person behind all that shit ...

Fun fact ... It would be cheaper to find him and beat the shit out of him to release the keys than cracking 160 bit private keys.

You are being worse than the Dear-Santa dude. If it seems so hopeless-case for you, why are you even wasting your finger skin typing all that insulting crap? Move on.

There are people here and out there that believe ANYTHING is possible. These people eventually are the winners in life. Complainers always end up watching opportunities pass them by.. over and over.

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

Can someone write the discrete logarithm of 125 in puzzle?
Activity: 122
Merit: 11

Read my post above. You can eliminate large sections of the range that have improbable bit patterns. I haven't yet measured how much range that is in proportional to the puzzle length.

How so can you eliminate trillions of trillions of keys? Is this a magic?

How/What method do you use for Range-Eliminating-Measure? That's interesting.

I mean yeah, a 100,000 GPUs would be almost enough but who the FREAK does someone or group of pools/people have 100,000 GPUs? That's more GPUs than my poor country WTF Satoshi are you serious lol

WTF IM GOING CRAZY RIGHT NOW, HEY SATOSHI MAN WUT i know you read this u sneaky snoki scopi do, you already spent more than $15 Million on something crazy; would you spent a little more for something even more crazier? Here donate me only 1BTC so i can finally afford to have kids. Sound crazy enough right? I'll be waitting for you Satoshi! Here  Kiss 32NYX3o1FDegf6nJiqKLi4DE25LYzSd72B

THANKS SATOSHI, i'll remember this Smiley

Dear Santa Claus ...   Grin

Be serious man and think for a while. If he would like to throw his bitcoins here and there he would do that already. 

Something fishy is behind all that puzzle "thing". Someone is playing with us.

Bitcoin has the worst distribution model in the history. (few people has thousands of them and other fighting for some pennies)

I don't care if he is satoshi or not ... he can stuff his bitcoins up his ass.

And i have small advice for you all ... don't waste your time chasing the shadows cause  life is too short for that.

If he would like to make your lifes better he could simply give 1 BTC to every participant here cause i guess the group is smaller than amount of bitcoins he placed on that addresses. But that is not his goal. He want to play with people or someone is testing of what tools and new ways people can invent.

Definitely its not an averege person behind all that shit ...

Fun fact ... It would be cheaper to find him and beat the shit out of him to release the keys than cracking 160 bit private keys.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏

The easy math to calculate expected group ops using kangaroo is to take your bit range, divide by 2, add 1.05. (bit range / 2) + 1.05 so for #125 = 125/2 + 1.05 = 63.55.

So you are saying solving 125 is almost the same as solving 64? While 125 is 32 times bigger than 120, are you saying if we use kangaroo we could reduce the range to equivalent of brute forcing 63.55? Your math is confusing, unless kangaroo operations is different than brute force ops.
Jump to: