Author

Topic: Bitcoin puzzle transaction ~32 BTC prize to who solves it - page 208. (Read 215272 times)

Activity: 245
Merit: 17
A screen shot is an actual  picture of your screen not the text that you put here (no offense !).
If you do not share at least the executable form of your program, it is hard to believe that with a few cpu cores you can beat  the 2080 gpu.
Again, I do not mean to offend you, but seeing is believing.

I bet a CPU can find 1,000 pub keys (up to say 48-52 bits) before any GPU can, with publicly available programs.

I hear you...however, it's fine, I do not have the energy to take an image and hunt somewhere to post it and then link to it LOL.

I know the program is real and works. I do not need others to believe or not believe.

This is a test program.  Will it currently help with the challenge, no, it is currently limited to 72 bits. But I am trying to get to a point where it can help with my plan.

Another point is for the people who have ideas and are always shot down by others on this forum that something "will not work" or "would take too long" etc. If you have an idea, work on it; if your initial idea wasn't great, maybe you will gain more knowledge along the initial journey. Shooters shoot!

Ok. I get it. Just keep talking to yourself here and elsewhere.

I gess all these years Jean Luc Pons (https://github.com/JeanLucPons ) was on the wrong track  Huh   Grin

LOL...no JLP was never on a wrong track. He took existing theories/programs and made them better/the best.
I bet he would agree that, "a CPU can find 1,000 pub keys (up to say 48-52 bits) before any GPU can". 100% (If you disagree with that, I will challenge you to a "race".)
He took a lock step approach to the grand finale...his Kangaroo program.
However, just because someone else creates/makes something that may be faster, doesn't mean it can't be. I bet albertosd would tell you his BSGS program is faster than JLPs, I think he has a video on it, I think.

And your Vanbitcracken is faster than Bitcrack, that doesn't mean Bitcrack sux.

This guy is clearly toxic. Ignore him and keep up the great work.

Hhhh I am realistic not toxic Mr Evil !

But you're not though, if you are, you would have googled the guy and realized that he has a reliable repository on Github with at least two innovative programs for cracking puzzles. Next time try to combine skepticism with research 😉

I've seen all repositories, compiled, tried and compared almost all of them.  Repositories where no  source code is provided do not contribute much to research.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/brute-force-on-bitcoin-addresses-video-of-the-action-1305887
 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-puzzle-transaction-32-btc-prize-to-who-solves-it-1306983
 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/archive-bitcoin-challenge-discusion-5166284

and for up to date information, look here  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-challenge-transaction-1000-btc-total-bounty-to-solvers-updated-5218972 posted by Zielar (Thank you very much Mr Zielar)
also look here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pollards-kangaroo-ecdlp-solver-5244940 posted by Jean_Luc (Merci beaucoup Monsieur Jean Luc Pons)

All of you keep up with the good work.

Activity: 1162
Merit: 237
Shooters Shoot...
However, just because someone else creates/makes something that may be faster, doesn't mean it can't be. I bet albertosd would tell you his BSGS program is faster than JLPs, I think he has a video on it, I think.

Yes my version of BSGS is a little more faster because the bloom filter use less memory than the hash table.

This debate between GPU and CPU power need to be clarified.

Obviously GPU Power is better than CPU.

So to compare apples with apples, we need the exactly same program or algorithm to see how fast is one or another.

The main advantage of CPU programs that use RAM as "booster" is that RAM for CPU can reach some 128 GB or some terabyte if you are testing it in some custom server.

The GPU max Memory available is some 32 GB in some high end devices.

That is why there aren't many programs like BSGS for GPU.

So we can't compare an algorithm like kangaroo for GPU against some Custom BSGS with stride in CPU because in that case we are comparing apples and pineapples. (There is not point of comparation)

Regards

Agreed, we can compare JLPs public version of Kangaroo. CPU versus GPU, 500 - 1000 public keys.
Activity: 862
Merit: 662

Yes my version of BSGS is a little more faster because the bloom filter use less memory than the hash table.

This debate between GPU and CPU power need to be clarified.

Obviously GPU Power is better than CPU.

So to compare apples with apples, we need the exactly same program or algorithm to see how fast is one or another.

The main advantage of CPU programs that use RAM as "booster" is that RAM for CPU can reach some 128 GB or some terabyte if you are testing it in some custom server.

The GPU max Memory available is some 32 GB in some high end devices.

That is why there aren't many programs like BSGS for GPU.

So we can't compare an algorithm like kangaroo for GPU against some Custom BSGS with stride in CPU because in that case we are comparing apples and pineapples. (There is not point of comparation)

Regards
Activity: 185
Merit: 15
Two things you should never abandon: Family & BTC
A screen shot is an actual  picture of your screen not the text that you put here (no offense !).
If you do not share at least the executable form of your program, it is hard to believe that with a few cpu cores you can beat  the 2080 gpu.

I bet a CPU can find 1,000 pub keys (up to say 48-52 bits) before any GPU can, with publicly available programs.

I hear you...however, it's fine, I do not have the energy to take an image and hunt somewhere to post it and then link to it LOL.

I know the program is real and works. I do not need others to believe or not believe.

This is a test program.  Will it currently help with the challenge, no, it is currently limited to 72 bits. But I am trying to get to a point where it can help with my plan.

Another point is for the people who have ideas and are always shot down by others on this forum that something "will not work" or "would take too long" etc. If you have an idea, work on it; if your initial idea wasn't great, maybe you will gain more knowledge along the initial journey. Shooters shoot!

I gess all these years Jean Luc Pons (https://github.com/JeanLucPons ) was on the wrong track  Huh   Grin

LOL...no JLP was never on a wrong track. He took existing theories/programs and made them better/the best.
I bet he would agree that, "a CPU can find 1,000 pub keys (up to say 48-52 bits) before any GPU can". 100% (If you disagree with that, I will challenge you to a "race".)

But you're not though, if you are, you would have googled the guy and realized that he has a reliable repository on Github with at least two innovative programs for cracking puzzles. Next time try to combine skepticism with research 😉

Shooters Shoot...

Shooters Shoot...
A screen shot is an actual  picture of your screen not the text that you put here (no offense !).
If you do not share at least the executable form of your program, it is hard to believe that with a few cpu cores you can beat  the 2080 gpu.

This is a test program.  Will it currently help with the challenge, no, it is currently limited to 72 bits. But I am trying to get to a point where it can help with my plan.

Hi, very impressive

How about finding the 72 bit private-key this one following public-key

02FA7F31E5AC687CE1770159146899C390FBAA3395EE1B6EBDA07B4D7DDC6A519B

please provide a screen shot of the output with date-time stamp before and after execution.

Are you considering releasing your program soon?

I do not know what you mean by screen shot.

Code:
KangaBGStrider v1.01
Range Start :0 (0 bit)
Range End   :FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF (72 bit)
Public Key(s) :1
Creating Stride Table...
CPU thread(s) : 6
Stride Table Complete: Max Stride: 2^34
Stride Avg Distance: 2^32.17
Number of Striders: 2^12.58
Suggested DP: 20
Expected operations: 2^38.60
Simulated DP size: 28 [0x000000000FFFFFFF]
[24.98 MS/s][GPU 0.00 MS/s][Total Collision Checks 2^29.76][46s (Avg 04:38:23)]
Key# 0 [1S]Pub:  0x02FA7F31E5AC687CE1770159146899C390FBAA3395EE1B6EBDA07B4D7DDC6A519B
       Priv: 0xF5E786A2B6CDE7E881

Done: Total time 49s

A screen shot is an actual  picture of your screen not the text that you put here (no offense !).
If you do not share at least the executable form of your program, it is hard to believe that with a few cpu cores you can beat  the 2080 gpu.

Shhhhh 🤫
Hi, very impressive

please provide a screen shot of the output with date-time stamp before and after execution.

Code:
KangaBGStrider v1.01
Creating Stride Table...
Key# 0 [1S]Pub:  0x02FA7F31E5AC687CE1770159146899C390FBAA3395EE1B6EBDA07B4D7DDC6A519B

Shooters Shoot...
Hi, very impressive

Code:
KangaBGStrider v1.01
Creating Stride Table...

Hi, very impressive

Shooters Shoot...
I do not know the correct strides; the strides adjust; if collision found, print key, if not, skip to next key, stride again.

If someone posts a public key in the 72 bit range; I will search for it.

I understood now, how it works.

Take a look, i have generated a public key in the 72 bits. Have a try if you like.

Code:
026d7c27d97066776490007fe63e9a9da3d281b0f63e405a82c170bbd0ebb94a78

is the maximum 72 bits or can it also crack 80 bits?

Many regards
No, 72 is the max on this version, for CPU version. I can bump it up but it will take me to recalculate items in the table. But if I did that, it would work. But I think getting above 100 bits is better, for my original plan/purpose.
Running now...

Code:
KangaBGStrider v1.01
Creating Stride Table...
[26.67 MS/s][GPU 0.00 MS/s][Total Collision Checks 2^30.74][01:19 (Avg 04:20:44)]
Key# 0 [1S]Pub:  0x026D7C27D97066776490007FE63E9A9DA3D281B0F63E405A82C170BBD0EBB94A78
       Priv: 0xFFFFF3998FFEA89FF2

Done: Total time 01:22
Activity: 177
Merit: 14
I do not know the correct strides; the strides adjust; if collision found, print key, if not, skip to next key, stride again.

I understood now, how it works.

Take a look, i have generated a public key in the 72 bits. Have a try if you like.

Code:
026d7c27d97066776490007fe63e9a9da3d281b0f63e405a82c170bbd0ebb94a78

is the maximum 72 bits or can it also crack 80 bits?

Many regards
Shooters Shoot...

I have tested it up to 72 Bits; it can find any public key (with private key) in under 4 minutes, max.

That is what the stride do.... Even the 125 can be found in seconds with the correct stride..

Here he says that it can find any public key in under 4 minutes? I'm not sure if i understood correctly, if he meant with the correct stride or not.
Activity: 862
Merit: 662
What really impresses me is that your program outperforms Pollard's kangaroo that was developed by Jean_Luc. That is just insane.!

That is what the stride do.... Even the 125 can be found in seconds with the correct stride..

@WanderingPhilospher Thank you so much for and developing your new experiment toy!!  Grin Grin. The stats of your program is really impressive with the combined power.

What really impresses me is that your program (almost)? outperforms Pollard's kangaroo that which developed by Jean_Luc. That is just insane.!

I have a strong GPU 2080 SUPER and i have done some tests, i tested 72 bits from 000000000000000000 - FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF using Pollard's kangaroo and i managed to crack the public key's private key in 03:07 minutes! and you have got it in 01:29 with only a CPU! So if i understood correctly, that's almost double the speed, and without even GPU, just a simple CPU! impressive! * and it uses really less ram !! *

Code:
GPU: GPU #0 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER (48x64 cores) Grid(96x128) (127.0 MB used)
SolveKeyGPU Thread GPU#0: creating kangaroos...
SolveKeyGPU Thread GPU#0: 2^20.58 kangaroos [4.3s]
[926.78 MK/s][GPU 926.78 MK/s][Count 2^37.02][Dead 1][02:51 (Avg 02:38)][1.0/1.3GB]  MB]
Key# 0 [1S]Pub:  0x02DFDBDFF034195A2AF728B32BF6583A70FDE1BFA41F2DAB8C54B2204EA4A7915D
       Priv: 0xC8A923998FFEA89FF2

Done: Total time 03:07

Anyways, trying to crack a 100 bits public key takes a month using Pollard's kangaroo. I don't know if cracking 100 bits in less than 5 minute is feasible though, but who knows. You might be be the first one to achieve that.
Anyway, i'm looking forward for the release of your new experiment toy. I'd love to test it. Keep up the good work!

Code:
Kangaroo v2.2
Start:0
Stop :FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Keys :1
Number of CPU thread: 0
Range width: 2^100
Jump Avg distance: 2^49.97
Number of kangaroos: 2^20.58
Suggested DP: 26
Expected operations: 2^51.10
Expected RAM: 1381.3MB
DP size: 26 [0xFFFFFFC000000000]
GPU: GPU #0 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER (48x64 cores) Grid(96x128) (127.0 MB used)
SolveKeyGPU Thread GPU#0: creating kangaroos...
SolveKeyGPU Thread GPU#0: 2^20.58 kangaroos [5.1s]
[928.00 MK/s][GPU 928.00 MK/s][Count 2^34.36][Dead 0][27s (Avg 30.0d)][2.0/4.1MB]
Shooters Shoot...
It appears that the GPU version of the product will be exceptional, and I trust that you will promptly develop this version. Additionally, I was wondering whether we will have the opportunity to utilize it ourselves? If so, may I inquire about the projected timeline for its release? One more question, will there be an option to increase the CPU cores in the toy as well

Yes, with the -t flag.

I ran the below with -t 8 (I have an older CPU on this machine, it's an -7-6770):

Code:
KangaBGStrider v1.01
Range End   :FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF (72 bit)
Creating Stride Table...
CPU thread(s) : 8
Number of Striders: 2^13.00
Expected operations: 2^38.74
[31.69 MS/s][GPU 0.00 MS/s][Total Collision Checks 2^31.06][01:27 (Avg 04:00:43)]
Key# 0 [1S]Pub:  0x036896910698E06A2926B25DF0957945D5A6A52E53603A3A250AEC2191AE0C85F1
       Priv: 0xF00000000000000000

Done: Total time 01:29

A GPU version may take me a while; to study an unpack it all.

I am working on a different GPU experiment; at the 100 bit level...that may take time as well. Trying to get it where it can solve a 100 bit public key in under 5 minutes...that's the goal anyway. No timeline on either. It's just me tinkering, lol.
Jump to: