Author

Topic: Bitcoin puzzle transaction ~32 BTC prize to who solves it - page 215. (Read 215272 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 15
Two things you should never abandon: Family & BTC
If the method used was indeed Kangaroo in this case the #125 will not be touched before 10 or 15 years according to current programs and technology  Grin
The smallest keys from 66 are already starting to be unreachable without pubkey

Correct.. Neither 66 and above.. nor 125,130,135 etc... are crackable any time soon .. we have long years to work for these babies .. good luck to everyone involved .. it's still fun and enriching experience 😎
Activity: 117
Merit: 32
If the method used was indeed Kangaroo in this case the #125 will not be touched before 10 or 15 years according to current programs and technology  Grin
The smallest keys from 66 are already starting to be unreachable without pubkey
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 6080
Self-proclaimed Genius
I doubt it was brute force that solved 120 any other way. But either way, it's a great performance.
congratulations   Cool
It must be Kangaroo (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pollards-kangaroo-ecdlp-solver-5244940).
Since its public key is made public by the author, the private key is now susceptible to "birthday attack" which Kangaroo is good at.
Same reason why those harder puzzles divisible by 5 are solved before the easier ones.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
not any programs pure mathematics
Sure, so pure that thousands of bitcoins gone missing with no clue, lol.

Congrats to solver, make sure to hodl, this is a rare  opportunity.
Activity: 117
Merit: 32
I doubt it was brute force that solved 120 any other way. But either way, it's a great performance.
congratulations   Cool
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
not any programs pure mathematics
Activity: 177
Merit: 14
Most probably they used Kangaroo to solve the #120 puzzle.
Activity: 862
Merit: 662
Congrats 🎉 to the winner

I'm still wondering which is the private key.

More than the privatekey we want to know what hardware was used, what program and how long it takes.

We still don't know who took puzzle 64.

Puzzle 125 is 32 times bigger than then puzzle 120 and the prize is only 4.1% bigger.
Activity: 630
Merit: 731
Bitcoin g33k
I know the key, but I won't tell you  Grin

EDIT: Oh damn! I always thought it must be 1234567890123456789012345678901 but I was wrong.  Cheesy
Activity: 47
Merit: 13
Hi there  to everybody Smiley

My congratulations to the one who solve the Puzzle #120  Cheesy

I'm still wondering which is the private key.
Activity: 272
Merit: 20
the right steps towerds the goal
for x in tqdm(range(368934881474191232,73786976294838206466)):

OverflowError: Python int too large to convert to C ssize_t

In this case, the number you are using as the starting value of the range() function is very large, and the range() function is trying to allocate memory to represent all the integers in that range. However, the integer is too large to be represented in memory, hence the OverflowError.
Activity: 206
Merit: 16
for x in tqdm(range(368934881474191232,73786976294838206466)):

OverflowError: Python int too large to convert to C ssize_t
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
?
Mister T. Hello, are you still here? I found your main account to be inactive for years and this one was active in 2019. How can we talk? I really need your help. By the way, what are you doing with puzzles? You are a genius yourself, no need to involve the community to solve the ECC problem.

Sent you an email from [email protected] to the email [email protected] please read.
Bitcoin g33k
Please use full quotes to keep the context

You contradict yourself enormously in one thing. You ridicule the current state of the tools and technology and the long computation time it requires to solve such puzzles, but at the same time you complain that you have a weak old laptop and need hardware with a powerful GPU that will cost you over $20,000 and you can't afford it. Do you seriously think anyone is going to fund you that amount based on the presentation you're giving here?

If you have such a good handle on the three algorithms you mentioned and have found SUCCESSFUL ways to take shortcuts, you certainly won't need a sponsor because you are a wealthy (I deliberately didn't say rich) man with your knowledge.

I have to agree with you on this part though: you will most likely not find anyone who will support you financially without wanting to know when and what kind of return they will get. This is not about a handout. Besides, I read here only words and promises without factual and professional background. Some might suspect a scam but I leave that to others.  

So the part you quoted was referring to you
Some might suspect a scam but I leave that to others.

The creator of the puzzle has funded, every single puzzle has its prize money ready in the pot and whoever solves it can collect the prize. Your statement once again does not correspond to the facts.
Activity: 6
Merit: 7
Some might suspect a scam but I leave that to others. 
You are correct, I was under the impression that whoever designed this challenge was after finding weaknesses and would sponsor any study done to accelerate the process, hence the mention of "funding". I just couldn't help it to neglect mentioning the BIG elephant in the room, when I said using current technologies are a waste of time. Thank you for pointing out some facts which I missed myself. I'm sure someone will be able to sneak a peek over the event horizon of elliptic curve sooner rather than later.
Bitcoin g33k
Currently I'm working on a few ideas trying to formulate a new algorithm focused on breaking the [1]ECDSA and [2]RIPEMD-160 into smaller pieces, reconstructing the [3]SHA-256 to make a new hash function that displays the entire hashing operations on the screen or saves it on a file. These are the small steps I'm working on when I have spare time. my issue is funding, third party sponsors would require information and collected results/data, my work can NOT be made public if I achieve what I'm looking for. unfortunately further explanation is not wise.

I have an old laptop and need a strong computer with decent GPUs, that would cost at least 20,000 USD, Ca not afford it. If you are intrigued to see some new attack vectors on Bitcoin(2 years at least is needed) I will send you a PM to convey my request.

##This puzzle at this time with these baby tools available is wasting time, [...]

You contradict yourself enormously in one thing. You ridicule the current state of the tools and technology and the long computation time it requires to solve such puzzles, but at the same time you complain that you have a weak old laptop and need hardware with a powerful GPU that will cost you over $20,000 and you can't afford it. Do you seriously think anyone is going to fund you that amount based on the presentation you're giving here?

If you have such a good handle on the three algorithms you mentioned and have found SUCCESSFUL ways to take shortcuts, you certainly won't need a sponsor because you are a wealthy (I deliberately didn't say rich) man with your knowledge.

I have to agree with you on this part though: you will most likely not find anyone who will support you financially without wanting to know when and what kind of return they will get. This is not about a handout. Besides, I read here only words and promises without factual and professional background. Some might suspect a scam but I leave that to others. 
Activity: 6
Merit: 7
I am the creator.

Hi mysterious entity, I am here to express my thoughts , and I will base my assumptions on you being the coy and famous Satoshi, the one and only BTCitcoin inventor.
First things first, Thank you for the work and efforts on making this new open source technology regardless of it's flaws and limitations! it's benefits and utilities outweighs the minor flaws. The outcome of your invention is paramount and the mark you have left will remain recognized and relevant for thousands of years in the future, you will be remembered as the founding father of the decentralized digital technology.

You are quite right, 161-256 are silly.  I honestly just did not think of this.  What is especially embarrassing, is this did not occur to me once, in two years.  By way of excuse, I was not really thinking much about the puzzle at all.

This kind of behavior shows a little bit of your character, it seems that you are reckless (maybe very busy having too much on your mind?), apparent if one goes back in history reading your posts, seeing your first few years of Bitcoin development leaving the scene for others to take control> irresponsibility in regards to the community you were so fond of that made you come up with the Bitcoin solution.(perhaps there was no need to continue publicly working on Bitcoin since you left it in good hands?) (which so far has proven to work as you intended, at least that's what I think). The irresponsible part is about the fact that you never showed up from time to time to share your thoughts with us, that just hurts our feelings because we all love you and respect you as an esteemed founder of Bitcoin.

I will make up for two years of stupidity.  I will spend from 161-256 to the unsolved parts, as you suggest.  In addition, I intend to add further funds.  My aim is to boost the density by a factor of 10, from 0.001*length(key) to 0.01*length(key).  Probably in the next few weeks.  At any rate, when I next have an extended period of quiet and calm, to construct the new transaction carefully.

A few words about the puzzle.  There is no pattern.  It is just consecutive keys from a deterministic wallet (masked with leading 000...0001 to set difficulty).  It is simply a crude measuring instrument, of the cracking strength of the community.
Please, you are anything but stupid, I do realize at current price or the price back when you created the puzzle the amounts were not much, but giving it a few more years, people would sell their houses to buy hardware in order to solve any of the remaining puzzles. Wink

Finally, I wish to express appreciation of the efforts of all developers of new cracking tools and technology.
Currently I'm working on a few ideas trying to formulate a new algorithm focused on breaking the [1]ECDSA and [2]RIPEMD-160 into smaller pieces, reconstructing the [3]SHA-256 to make a new hash function that displays the entire hashing operations on the screen or saves it on a file. These are the small steps I'm working on when I have spare time. my issue is funding, third party sponsors would require information and collected results/data, my work can NOT be made public if I achieve what I'm looking for. unfortunately further explanation is not wise.
I have an old laptop and need a strong computer with decent GPUs, that would cost at least 20,000 USD, Ca not afford it. If you are intrigued to see some new attack vectors on Bitcoin(2 years at least is needed) I will send you a PM to convey my request.

##This puzzle at this time with these baby tools available is wasting time, first quantify the numbers you need to search through to find the remaining ones, then open the calculator to enter the values, decimal/speed/ s, /60 for one minute/60 for one hour, etc.

[1]= [2]= [3]= old, outdated.

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 6080
Self-proclaimed Genius
-snip- , what sentences could go into a valid pk?
As long as the sentence consist of base58 characters (base58), you can make your own valid WIF private key just like your example, but there's a limit on the first few characters:
If Uncompressed, the start of your sentence (after '5') is limited to K or J.
If Compressed, the start of your sentence (after 'K' or 'L') is limited to 1~5 for 'L' and w~z for 'K'.

For example, these are valid uncompressed WIF private keys:
  • 5Kiwis5Jackfruits3Bananas7Papayas2GirLs1Cupxxw6wjAK
  • 5Jackfruits5Kiwis3Bananas7Papayas2GirLs1Cupxxv2BjX2
Valid compressed WIF private keys:
  • KwakKwakKwakKwakKwakKwakKwakKwakSaidTheDuckxxsHfq1vE
  • L2Bitcoin7DragonBa11s6Pokeba11s4EXPtoMaxLeve1XtvCz6P

It'll be easy to do that after knowing how WIF private keys are encoded: https://learnmeabitcoin.com/technical/wif
It's basically a reverse of that process.

Example process (compressed sample 1):
  • 1. Type your preferred sentence, the starting characters should be valid and it shouldn't reach the checksum (about 46 chars inc. L/K)
    -> KwakKwakKwakKwakKwakKwakKwakKwakSaidTheDuck (43 characters, starts with 'Kw')
  • 2. Add temporary characters to fill the valid compressed WIF length of 52 characters.
    -> KwakKwakKwakKwakKwakKwakKwakKwakSaidTheDuckxxxxxxxxx (52 characters)
  • 3. Decode it with any Base58 tool and get the Hexadecimal value (the first byte should be 0x80; otherwise, there's something wrong with the input):
    -> 800ad27bc997b00cb75c5dd33106c68f02f5e77bbb1dd537e932446da5992d68b333c705ac11
  • 4. Drop the "invalid checksum" bytes, which is the last 4Bytes and "fix" the compressed flag into '0x01'
    -> 800ad27bc997b00cb75c5dd33106c68f02f5e77bbb1dd537e932446da5992d68b333c705ac11
    -> 800ad27bc997b00cb75c5dd33106c68f02f5e77bbb1dd537e932446da5992d68b301
  • 5. Compute the correct checksum from the first four bytes of SHA256D of the above.
    -> SHA256: f2371367022b6894364e13e0f2446f77422a6208511c964f31aeeda5246f27c8
    -> SHA256: 745a98efd82176195036e59f313e2f27a0725e85e0ea18a518a27870cf87be29
    -> First 4Bytes: 745a98ef
  • 6. Append the checksum to the result of step 4
    -> 800ad27bc997b00cb75c5dd33106c68f02f5e77bbb1dd537e932446da5992d68b301745a98ef
  • 7. Encode the above in Base58
    -> SHA256: KwakKwakKwakKwakKwakKwakKwakKwakSaidTheDuckxxsHfq1vE

For uncompressed:
Do all the steps aside from the "compressed flag" part (step4), the number of characters is only 51 (step2) and the starting characters should be for uncompressed WIF.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
what is your question about this uncompressed WIF key? What you like to find out ?
I wanna know what are the all possibilities regarding private keys, for example, what else could we find on private keys, what sentences could go into a valid pk?
Since this challenge has somewhat a more educational approach towards blockchain infrastructure, I'm asking this here.

In the process of generating bitcoin addresses, what are the needed factors, a decimal string, public key string, hashing, adding checksum, calculating the private key and generating the address. What can we set/change manually? And how to know if our input will result in a valid address?
Bitcoin g33k
what is your question about this uncompressed WIF key? What you like to find out ?

Here's some info on the key you posted:

legacy address : 1E51wVrX15ednjQaZxRhiT1xj3676ELCsR (compressed)
legacy address : 1MQ1xZC4dkT74GUCY1KBEoPGRCkBXRAAzo (uncompressed)
bech32 address: bc1q3awp2k93nautglcs442q74qmsm6kypz57ztfgs
segwit address: 3EJEq6wS5ATuFk6gtPzNb7rj1oS79pBcTU
hash160           : 8f5c1558b19f78b47f10ad540f541b86f5620454
private hex key: f2435855f04260e145878411e97020bb2b4f327bf45b8458ed8550aabac3918c
WIF                  : L5Ldzb7SrEqSPpZ5sHfea2sSbxKtq3DRYMrLk6zFTmG9tHkVhN4Y
uncompressed : 5KeysCompromisedStopUsingBitcoinSELLRightNow8AzDLiL
pubkey             : 6a78792c68dca59a8cb07edae96d4e97130307a3380a6357d07c2486d20b1dbd
Jump to: