Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin replaces the money? Could happen? - page 41. (Read 86028 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin is not going to replace any money at the moment they have to be able to manage allot of people if they want to do that. They also have to make some real banks and hire more people to come work for them.

Nope, not necessarily. Existing people and banks can just shift to bitcoins.
Bitcoin adoption would of course result in more global trade and higher employment, but there is no 'need' to hire more people.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Bitcoin is not going to replace any money at the moment they have to be able to manage allot of people if they want to do that. They also have to make some real banks and hire more people to come work for them.
Yes ,it is true that if it happens they will need real banks and more people ,but the disadvantage are ,bitcoins will be stable price and it will have a tax on a government . The better is to remain bitcoins only as online currency .
Activity: 532
No I do not think this is gonna happen, other currency's are just way to big compared with other currency's in my eyes.
This is just not possible and unrealistic.
agree with you dude bitcoin will not replace any currency countries will always defend their currencies. the government only took proscribing bitcoin in the country and all already ends ?
maybe I would think as a payment option
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
i am always skeptical about this. i believe bitcoin is on the right path to get popular and reach that mass adoption stage that everybody is talking about but i don't think people (the majority of them at least) will ever leave fiat behind so it can never be replaced by anything like bitcoin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Activity: 431
Bitcoin will be just another kind of money and you also can see now indeed that the Bitcoin is rising slowly in the value and also in using so that is perfect for the currency.
The only bad thing is that you are not for sure what will happen with the value later in the future so that is the most risky thing also of the Bitcoin.

The number of people using the bitcoin has risen over the past few years, so is the price. When the price rises, more people will use it.
Activity: 364
Bitcoin will be just another kind of money and you also can see now indeed that the Bitcoin is rising slowly in the value and also in using so that is perfect for the currency.
The only bad thing is that you are not for sure what will happen with the value later in the future so that is the most risky thing also of the Bitcoin.
Activity: 910
It will take many years for the bitcoin to be a main stream payment method. I only use bitoin for less than 1% of my payment.

Bitcoin cannot be used everywhere right now, but in future it will we widely accepted as a mode of payment, but it will never replace fiat for sure.
Activity: 431
It will take many years for the bitcoin to be a main stream payment method. I only use bitoin for less than 1% of my payment.
Activity: 80
Merit: 27
A dream that you had, about being a person.
Governments & Large institutions aren't stupid.

They can simply create their own controlled blockchains, they've 0 need whatsoever to opt in to some already distributed decentralized token ledger system.

So without their stamp of approval, no, trustless decentralized publicly-distributed 'libertarian' cryptocurrencies such as BTC cannot get 'legal tender' status[recognized officially as money for all payments of debts, goods, services, by the State itself]. Meaning they don't replace money.

But.

For a decentralized cryptocurrency w/ a well-established network effect, such as BTC, to achieve one or two major orders of magnitude of mass adoption, can happen without government support &/or 'officially approved as legal tender' status.

How?

Simple :

1] [Demand] Create a zeitgeist movement convincing/marketing to the mainstream public that banks are not safe, not your friend, they control your funds and you have little recourse, whereas trustless crypto like Bitcoin allows you to have full control, be your own bank.

2] [Security] Make wallets & payment gateways/crypto website GUI's a lot safer to use, idiot-proof, insured, and user-friendly/less technical-inclined.

3] [Access] Last but not least, exploit most people's laziness by paying them in BTC instead of fiat. Now that you have tens, possibly hundreds of millions of employees being paid in Bitcoin for their regular job's income, as long as there is even more merchant adoption for them to freely, easily spend their BTC at - Will they bother switching their 'crypto paycheck' every 2 weeks, back into fiat..? Of course not. They don't buy BTC right now because their main sources of income come in fiat. The minute you switch this around - they receive payment in BTC instead, on a regular basis - then they don't bother swapping it to fiat. Boom. You just created a self-reinforcing Bitcoin mass adoption feedback loop.
Activity: 364
Nothing will change because there is always real gold. Don´t know why he would disappear but if the coin does he will only come back stronger. There is no way he will disappear i know for sure. he only will grow
Activity: 812
I think it will not happen, the popularity of paper money has pass through many centuries, and no other currency will ever replace it.
Yes bitcoin is popular right now, but is it the base that we will replace our own paper money? 
Yes it looks like bitcoin will not be able to replace the money for his own bitcoin has no form. Embodiment of a medium of exchange is money and digital currency bitcoin is and can only be used on the internet only.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I think it will not happen, the popularity of paper money has pass through many centuries, and no other currency will ever replace it.
Yes bitcoin is popular right now, but is it the base that we will replace our own paper money? 
No I do not think this is gonna happen, other currency's are just way to big compared with other currency's in my eyes.

Bitcoin will be bigger in future for sure, but it don't hold that power to replace or disappear paper money, as paper money is still more popular everywhere.
Yes probably right because bitcoin and money are very different and are not interconnected. Although bitcoin will be very advanced and developed in the future but will not affect any of that money.
legendary
Activity: 1008

Bitcoin will be bigger in future for sure, but it don't hold that power to replace or disappear paper money, as paper money is still more popular everywhere.
Activity: 420
Activity: 588
I don't think this is ever going to happen. Governments will continue to issue fiat, maybe we'll have one fiat for the entire world some time in the future, but I believe Bitcoin will continue to serve a niche.

Bitcoin will always be used as an alternate currency, even if it hits the mainstream there would be many people who will prefer to use fiat currency.

I think we could use bitcoin as a currency in our country; watching my manager have stress because of the local currency rates fluctuating up and down really is concerning because we buy goods from our suppliers from overseas. Bitcoin could help solve the problem. This is the only currency which has the tendency to spread worldwide without any issues  Wink
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I don't think this is ever going to happen. Governments will continue to issue fiat, maybe we'll have one fiat for the entire world some time in the future, but I believe Bitcoin will continue to serve a niche.

Bitcoin will always be used as an alternate currency, even if it hits the mainstream there would be many people who will prefer to use fiat currency.
It will not replace it but it will be the new and future payment method and that is because you already can see now that there are a lot of stores that is accepting Bitcoin now and that is nice.
But you have to make it still more popular and that is important otherwise people will not know about it.

It could replace online currency though; I prefer not to use a credit card at all and bitcoin is the perfect choice to avoid that; it’s annoying to pay the bank credit all the time just because you withdrew a certain amount of money from your card; I prefer a straight and simple transaction with no hidden fees.  Wink

There is no hidden charges in credit card if you pay your bills regularly, so I don't think there is any issue in using credit card, as I think that is the best way for shopping and holding bitcoin for future.
It will not replace the money and Bitcoin will be just another kind of money and that is really nice because more people will also get to know about it so that is nice.
But it has also to be more worth soon in the future so we can have huge profit with it and that is perfect.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
There is a possibility that this will happen although it will be very small, these days the normal currency's are still way bigger.
I honestly believe in it but it will take a lot of years to achieve this.
This is never going to happen ever, there or so many different currencies in the world and for Bitcoin to take over everything is just not happening.
Maybe they can take over some currencies but even that is a big task.

Yeah thats not gonna happen thats a big dream for a crypto currency to fulfill i cant really imagine how could digital money  can replace real physical money while bitcoins is anonymous it has no rule or law implemented about it and government wont allow someone will take over their physical money because it is their symbol of economic strength and bitcoin cannot give it to them, bitcoin really is not good idea to invest in the long run because we never knew what will happen to it in the future.
There is no chance that this will happen the dollar is too big to take over in my opinion and the dollar will also always be bigger than it in my eyes.
so true. if bitcoin evolve, so will the dollar.
I'm not sure that can replace the dollar despite bitcoin bitcoin has that potential. the dollar is always better than the bitcoin and other currencies, so maybe bitcoin could only card-shaped someday, and is used as an alternative payment, such as credit cards that can be done today

Exactly, and I think paper money will be always used by the people around the world in future even if the bitcoin hits the mainstream, fiat will be powerful too in future.
Yeah maybe you're right, fiat will be strengthened as the development time. And it makes bitcoin could not compete with the money because the money is a necessity that must exist in every person.
Pages:
Jump to: