Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin replaces the money? Could happen? - page 42. (Read 86028 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
Realistically it is unlikely - even in the best case scenario - that Bitcoin will ever fully replace all other forms of money. Though it's possible that it gains a dominant market share in the currency sector.

If you consider the usage of other new inventions versus their predecessor technologies you will notice that old technologies are never replaced entirely. You can still find places where you can ride on a horse buggy even though the automobile is available since more than 100 years.

When it comes to money, I think there will always be some use cases and/or regions where physical cash will remain the preferred method of payment. However that doesn't mean that Bitcoin can't be a huge success.

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
There is a possibility that this will happen although it will be very small, these days the normal currency's are still way bigger.
I honestly believe in it but it will take a lot of years to achieve this.
This is never going to happen ever, there or so many different currencies in the world and for Bitcoin to take over everything is just not happening.
Maybe they can take over some currencies but even that is a big task.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
There is no chance that this will happen the dollar is too big to take over in my opinion and the dollar will also always be bigger than it in my eyes.
so true. if bitcoin evolve, so will the dollar.
I'm not sure that can replace the dollar despite bitcoin bitcoin has that potential. the dollar is always better than the bitcoin and other currencies, so maybe bitcoin could only card-shaped someday, and is used as an alternative payment, such as credit cards that can be done today

Exactly, and I think paper money will be always used by the people around the world in future even if the bitcoin hits the mainstream, fiat will be powerful too in future.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
No it will never happen.As you've mentioned about stores accepting bitcoins that is fine,we can even expect big players like Amazon or Ebay to star accepting bitcoins as an alternate paying method but they won't completely replace the fiat.The government will never allow that for obvious reasons.
But how about in some years in the future when people over the world using bitcoin then paper money will really left by people.
the answer is really clear bitcoin will be main payment proceccor, but the chance of this thing to be happening is so small while government trying to banned bitcoin but beside of it all there's a chance

Nice answer BTC will be main payment processor but it will take time although others currency value is below of bitcoin. If other currency replaces the money bitcoin should but its not like paper money.

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
There is no chance that this will happen the dollar is too big to take over in my opinion and the dollar will also always be bigger than it in my eyes.
so true. if bitcoin evolve, so will the dollar.
I'm not sure that can replace the dollar despite bitcoin bitcoin has that potential. the dollar is always better than the bitcoin and other currencies, so maybe bitcoin could only card-shaped someday, and is used as an alternative payment, such as credit cards that can be done today
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
Now in some places to buy goods directly can use bitcoin, how to conduct transactions directly using bitcoin? Because I place no purchases using bitcoin.

Nowadays has developed, which initially buy goods directly can only be used with the currency and credit cards, and can now use bitcoin although only in some places. Is it possible that the next few years means of exchange for transactions money initially turned into bitcoin?

What do you think about this?
I think that it is not going to happen because there are so much different currencies in the world. almost every country has there own currency. It is possible for Bitcoin to take over one currency of on country but not all of them.

Bitcoin will always be used as an alternate currency, it can never become a primary currency as there are people who will prefer to use fiat currency.

yeah this will never happen. fiat currencies always be primary and bitcoin only cryptocurrency. but bitcoin could become an alternative currency for the entire world in the future
Activity: 812
Now in some places to buy goods directly can use bitcoin, how to conduct transactions directly using bitcoin? Because I place no purchases using bitcoin.

Nowadays has developed, which initially buy goods directly can only be used with the currency and credit cards, and can now use bitcoin although only in some places. Is it possible that the next few years means of exchange for transactions money initially turned into bitcoin?

I think that it is not going to happen because there are so much different currencies in the world. almost every country has there own currency. It is possible for Bitcoin to take over one currency of on country but not all of them.

Bitcoin will always be used as an alternate currency, it can never become a primary currency as there are people who will prefer to use fiat currency.
Activity: 308

Activity: 532
I don't think that is possible in future as paper money is the basic necessity of majority of  people and they will continue to use it in future too.
I think the so-called money is not just about money but a whole ie fiat paper? is it possible bitcoin could replace fiat? I myself would very much doubt if paper money could be replaced Oleg digital money, especially fiat replaced by bitcoin?
it was a very strange thing ?
Activity: 420
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
I don't think that is possible in future as paper money is the basic necessity of majority of  people and they will continue to use it in future too.
Fiat will exist as long as the governments want it to last. Nothing can change that, even not Bitcoin.

We have to accept it as there is no point in believing Bitcoin will ever replace fiat money.
Activity: 924
So money should change money and become new, global money, lol. It will not happen anyway cause it's even looks like a nonsense thing.  Need to think twice before replacing money on money.

Paper money will always rule the world, there is no digital currency that can replace paper money, as majority of people are dependent on it for living.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
So money should change money and become new, global money, lol. It will not happen anyway cause it's even looks like a nonsense thing.  Need to think twice before replacing money on money.
Activity: 812
There is a possibility that this will happen although it will be very small, these days the normal currency's are still way bigger.

I think we will be not alive by that time when bitcoin will actually take place of paper money, but I don't see it happening till I am alive and I am pretty sure about it.
Activity: 420
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1102
Activity: 350
Shit, did I leave the stove on?
But to exchange Bitcoin to fiat money at exchanges or ATM's you need to pay fees. Also I have compared Bitcoin debit cards to regular bank debit cards and if you regularly use your Bitcoin debit card to pay for things every day like groceries, gas, coffee etc. you will pay much more in fees than your bank debit card. And it's not true that bank cards have hidden fees you can see the fee structure because it's transparent for every bank just visit your bank website  Wink
Activity: 938
I don't think this is ever going to happen. Governments will continue to issue fiat, maybe we'll have one fiat for the entire world some time in the future, but I believe Bitcoin will continue to serve a niche.

Bitcoin will always be used as an alternate currency, even if it hits the mainstream there would be many people who will prefer to use fiat currency.
It will not replace it but it will be the new and future payment method and that is because you already can see now that there are a lot of stores that is accepting Bitcoin now and that is nice.
But you have to make it still more popular and that is important otherwise people will not know about it.

It could replace online currency though; I prefer not to use a credit card at all and bitcoin is the perfect choice to avoid that; it’s annoying to pay the bank credit all the time just because you withdrew a certain amount of money from your card; I prefer a straight and simple transaction with no hidden fees.  Wink

There is no hidden charges in credit card if you pay your bills regularly, so I don't think there is any issue in using credit card, as I think that is the best way for shopping and holding bitcoin for future.
Activity: 588
I don't think this is ever going to happen. Governments will continue to issue fiat, maybe we'll have one fiat for the entire world some time in the future, but I believe Bitcoin will continue to serve a niche.

Bitcoin will always be used as an alternate currency, even if it hits the mainstream there would be many people who will prefer to use fiat currency.
It will not replace it but it will be the new and future payment method and that is because you already can see now that there are a lot of stores that is accepting Bitcoin now and that is nice.
But you have to make it still more popular and that is important otherwise people will not know about it.

It could replace online currency though; I prefer not to use a credit card at all and bitcoin is the perfect choice to avoid that; it’s annoying to pay the bank credit all the time just because you withdrew a certain amount of money from your card; I prefer a straight and simple transaction with no hidden fees.  Wink
Activity: 840

Bitcoin can be more popular in future if it is promoted at highest level  and that will surely draw attention of many people who have remained away from bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: