Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin trending down. Dogecoin trending up. - page 2. (Read 5832 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.
February 17, 2014, 11:38:50 AM
I wouldn't be surprised when dogecoin becomes a religion.
doing great, i'd say.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
February 17, 2014, 11:07:43 AM
Dogecoin will for sure be the 2. Coin after BTC

Yeah , probably both 2 and 3 right now as it's experiencing one nice hardfork.
TPN
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
How did it get so late, so soon?
February 17, 2014, 03:12:29 AM
Dogecoin will for sure be the 2. Coin after BTC
Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
February 17, 2014, 02:51:56 AM
haha

That's a perfect example of a world with a Dogecoin Reserve Currency!

We could change the title of the thread.

/World intelligence trending down. Dogecoin trending up.
Activity: 238
Stand on the shoulders of giants
February 17, 2014, 02:49:04 AM
To resume ...

idiocracy Dr. Lexus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkPGlVqqEP0

Cheesy
Activity: 238
Stand on the shoulders of giants
February 17, 2014, 02:42:25 AM
I don't know what the transactions are used for and I don't care. What matters is people are paying attention to it and using it, and spreading the word. No matter how annoying it is to bitcoin snobs, this is what needs to happen on a huge scale for any crypto to ever come close to being mainstream. Marketing rule of 7 - people need to see something 7 times before it registers and all that rot.

This is true for most consumer products or brands. The rule of 7 is a good rule, but it mostly applies in situations where consumers are complacently making day-to-day transactions and not really paying close attention to anything outside of their little bubble.

If you apply the rule of 7 to things based on ideology or necessity it falls apart quickly. I think many people will realize the necessity of decentralized crypto currencies while using Dogecoin or Bitcoin; the only difference is that Dogecoin has no hope of maintaining a consumer base once the users determine crypto currency is considered a necessity.

Imagine Dogecoin as a Global Reserve Currency... It's absolutely not going to happen. Human psychology would literally block it out with full force.

I'm not saying Dogecoin is bad; on the contrary. It's like a doorway to crypto for a large number of people. It's a good thing for the long term.

I'm illustrating my opinion as to why I don't consider it to be a contender with Bitcoin in the global finance arena...

Psychologically, people would rather put their life's wealth into a currency used by all manners of snobby, greedy, and elitist people rather than a currency based on a funny dog meme...

I'm sure there are plenty of people here who will disagree with my opinion.

Cheesy who knows?? may be in 500 years or less LoL
Remeber Idiocracy_money ?

February 17, 2014, 02:33:49 AM
Doge doesn't have to be 'the winner', it just needs to form a niche and be useful to achieve a value of a penny or more. Moving value around quickly and cheaply is the whole point to this, no? or are you naive enough to think bitcoin will create a transfer of wealth and freedom back into the hands of the people? please.

I'm having a hard time keeping up with your point here...

We must have been thinking of two completely different problems when you asked about Bitcoin and Dogecoin referring to the problems that one could solve absent the other...

I hope Doge does get a niche, and I hope plenty of people can prosper from it. People can learn about the "ease of use" with Dogecoin because they can just toss it around without feeling any remorse and then graduate into Bitcoin.

Bitcoin might not win the currency race, but you can guarantee whatever currency prevails will be a better "transfer of wealth and freedom back into the hands of the people" as you put it. The roots within that statement are the most powerful human force on Earth. You can be very sure that people will choose to use whichever contender suits that purpose the best.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
February 17, 2014, 02:18:38 AM
Doge doesn't have to be 'the winner', it just needs to form a niche and be useful to achieve a value of a penny or more. Moving value around quickly and cheaply is the whole point to this, no? or are you naive enough to think bitcoin will create a transfer of wealth and freedom back into the hands of the people? please.

So either the Doge/BTC exchange rate increases nearly 700%, or Bitcoin goes up 700%... so Doge can cost 1c.

Makes total sense. I should go make a coin with a cap of 100 trillion. Dimwits like you will be convinced its undervalued at 1/1000th of a cent. IT HAS TO BE WORTH A CENT!?!? IT JUST HAS TO!!!
legendary
Activity: 1414
February 17, 2014, 02:15:47 AM
legendary
February 17, 2014, 02:15:08 AM
I think you guys are missing his point, or I'm giving him too much credit .. he is suggesting that from a technical standpoint, there isn't anything one coin can do that another can't do.  In fact, it's sort of a self-evident statement, assuming that the source code is public.  Technical strengths and weaknesses aside, it's simply a matter of what "the people" choose.  Marketing, that is.  This should concern anyone who invests heavily in one coin expecting it to be "teh winnar".

Bitcoin wont end up being the main virtual currency; but it will probably remain #1 for awhile yet.

Some of the more interesting coins like Ultracoin/Vertcoin will end up taking Bitcoins place.

Although I suppose it is possible for bitcoin to "win", it really shouldnt.
February 17, 2014, 02:13:33 AM
I think you guys are missing his point, or I'm giving him too much credit .. he is suggesting that from a technical standpoint, there isn't anything one coin can do that another can't do.  In fact, it's sort of a self-evident statement, assuming that the source code is public.  Technical strengths and weaknesses aside, it's simply a matter of what "the people" choose.  Marketing, that is.  This should concern anyone who invests heavily in one coin expecting it to be "teh winnar".

No, you're right. That is his point.

Technically Doge has the tools to solve the problem, but it's like tossing a hand gun on a quadriplegic's lap and demanding a duel.
Activity: 280
February 17, 2014, 02:09:26 AM
February 17, 2014, 02:06:29 AM
Who the hell is talking about it becoming the world currency? all it needs to do is be worth a penny someday and anyone taking it seriously as an investment today will be rich. Bitcoin needs to make it to $10k for the same type of payoff. Considering they both do the same thing, I think the odds of each case favors Doge.

I thought you were asking about solving problems, not getting rich faster. Bitcoin as a future reserve currency would actually solve several problems.

Solving a problem has a binary output, 1 or 0. Getting rich on speculation is a blind guess based on probability and timing vs. reality.

Bitcoin has supporters who have no interest of ever selling for centralized currency. If we hope to get rich, it will be rich in Bitcoin and not in pennies.
legendary
February 17, 2014, 02:03:44 AM
lol dogecoin.

Go tell your mom and pop to invest in Dogecoin ok?

Its never going to become anything. The name alone is the reason for its success, and why it cant ever be significant.
legendary
Activity: 1414
February 17, 2014, 01:58:03 AM
Who the hell is talking about it becoming the world currency? all it needs to do is be worth a penny someday and anyone taking it seriously as an investment today will be rich. Bitcoin needs to make it to $10k for the same payoff with todays investment. Considering they both do the same thing, I think the odds of each case favors Doge.
February 17, 2014, 01:49:04 AM

Ask yourself this; what problem does Bitcoin solve that Dogecoin does not?

I can answer that quickly...

I'll ask again. What problem does *Bitcoin* solve that Doge does not?

I guess I need to simplify.

Bitcoin can be psychologically accepted by people who wish to solve the problem we are trying to solve. Bitcoin potentially has the tools to solve this problem and the ideologically motivated workers to accomplish this goal.

Dogecoin has a built in psychological wall around itself that can never be breached. Dogecoin has the same tools but without the ideologically motivated workers to utilize them. They're all turned off because it's just a joke.

Dogecoin can never solve the problem that Bitcoin hopes to solve because it will always be a joke which fundamentally repels legitimate business and the "store of wealth" property of a currency...

I hope this is a more satisfactory answer.
Activity: 280
February 17, 2014, 01:47:35 AM

None, really.  It has more to do with public consensus than anything else.  Assets like gold and real estate arguably have the strongest value consensus behind them, just given historical momentum.  Similarly, Bitcoin has stronger value consensus than Dogecoin.  But lets not kid ourselves .. The internet has been around in some form for roughly 30 years.  Bitcoin has been around 5 years.  Dogecoin, a few months.  On the human timeline, these are mere blips.  They are all nascent technologies and there is little reason to assume one will definitely triumph over the other given such short incubation periods.  Everything, and I mean everything in this cryptocurrency universe is still in beta testing.  Invest accordingly.
Activity: 181
Merit: 104
February 17, 2014, 01:36:10 AM

February 17, 2014, 01:27:55 AM
I don't know what the transactions are used for and I don't care. What matters is people are paying attention to it and using it, and spreading the word. No matter how annoying it is to bitcoin snobs, this is what needs to happen on a huge scale for any crypto to ever come close to being mainstream. Marketing rule of 7 - people need to see something 7 times before it registers and all that rot.

This is true for most consumer products or brands. The rule of 7 is a good rule, but it mostly applies in situations where consumers are complacently making day-to-day transactions and not really paying close attention to anything outside of their little bubble.

If you apply the rule of 7 to things based on ideology or necessity it falls apart quickly. I think many people will realize the necessity of decentralized crypto currencies while using Dogecoin or Bitcoin; the only difference is that Dogecoin has no hope of maintaining a consumer base once the users determine crypto currency is considered a necessity.

Imagine Dogecoin as a Global Reserve Currency... It's absolutely not going to happen. Human psychology would literally block it out with full force.

I'm not saying Dogecoin is bad; on the contrary. It's like a doorway to crypto for a large number of people. It's a good thing for the long term.

I'm illustrating my opinion as to why I don't consider it to be a contender with Bitcoin in the global finance arena...

Psychologically, people would rather put their life's wealth into a currency used by all manners of snobby, greedy, and elitist people rather than a currency based on a funny dog meme...

I'm sure there are plenty of people here who will disagree with my opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: