Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Vs Bitcoin Cash - page 23. (Read 17219 times)

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
August 12, 2017, 05:59:50 AM
I did not take Bitcoin Cash seriously, I looked at the price at first, I look again today, at the level of $ 306.10, according to my opinion it will go under $ 100, its usage is not very common, and it seems never to be.

No it wont. BCC is secretly supported by the Chinese mining megacorp. That means whenever this cryptocurrency's price falls, there are interest groups out there who will give it its support. Core knows this and they cant do anything about it except call it names on Twitter.

I don't understand this. If by "support" you mean they will buy $100+ million worth of BCH to make its price rise again, for how long they can do that? Won't they be losing their money, big money, providing that support? I mean even if you have huge amounts of money, you lose couple of billions and stop, right? And then the price goes down.

Things are more intricate than that

They don't have to support Bitcoin Cash indefinitely since people will run out of their BCH tokens sooner or later even if all of them choose to get rid of these tokens. Obviously, quite a few BCH holders aren't going to sell these coins, and some may even be looking to buy more. Anyway, after this initial stage of rampant sell-offs and buy-ups is over, their hands will be untied, and they can proceed to the next level of dethroning Bitcoin (as they likely think). You also seem to discard the possibility that the cartel might be selling regular bitcoins for BCH to prop up the price of the latter

I may be wrong but I see it like this. If you are selling something you have to make the price competitive. In other words the price should be lower than in other places, otherwise people will be buying in those places and not from you. In our case if we are selling Bitcoins for Bitcoin Cash we should make people pay less Bitcoin Cash for BTC than in other places to attract buyers. Yes, such act would prop up the price of BCH, but at what cost. We'll be losing money. In fact selling Bitcoins for lower amount of Bitcoin Cash is the same thing as buying Bitcoin Cash for higher amount of Bitcoins

This is certainly not the only possibility

You can sell original bitcoins for dollars and get market rates. And then use dollars to bid up the price slowly. But this is ultimately irrelevant since you may be selling for a loss today to earn decent profits tomorrow. In fact, when you buy some asset you hope that it will rise in the future even if its price continues to decline after you make a purchase. But this is obviously not all. The cartel may not be looking for short term profits (like in "buy low sell high"). They are ultimately looking for control, and they don't care about how much it could cost them in dollar or Bitcoin terms since if they control Bitcoin (under whatever name), they control the whole market (after all, they could break even entirely via mining fees in the end)

Well, if they are people with dozens of billions USD and their aim is to control the whole market, they may try, good luck with that, but I think they will fail. Fortunately lately, I mean 15 years or so, we are living in the world where, thanks to the internet, what is really the best wins. No matter how much money you spend on promotion, if there's something which is better in the same field with the product you promote, you will fail.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
August 11, 2017, 10:35:12 PM
Just to reiterate, because the thread is now very long with many low quality posts...

The danger is, that by dumping all BCH, BTC holders allow Ver and company, who remember have VERY deep pockets, to buy cheaply and control the entire float in BCH.

Then at a strategic moment, say just as the 2x fork is coming to a head, they unleash their spambots on BTCs mempool and switch their mining power to BCH, simultaneously aggressively bidding BCH.

They are not out of the game by a long shot.  Underestimating your enemy is dangerous indeed.
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
August 11, 2017, 09:14:05 PM
Why are you still arguing? BCH was only relevant the first 48 hours after the actual network split, what bitcoin couldn't do that bch can do now? bitcoin needed some improvements and devs are doing their best to keep us happy for years. they weren't the ones betraying Satoshi's vision, he believed in a single strong version with the name and with the most supported chain, they did the opposite, they striped bitcoin from pants Cheesy
This is now irrelevant so please stop talking about it because I have sold my coins and not interested in this clone which by the way once you sell your free coins it's not a clone anymore. I wonder how profitable it is mining bch with current difficulty and price? did they change anything to tackle the slow block times? did they remove asicboost?
Activity: 2534
Merit: 586
August 11, 2017, 05:40:51 PM
I think Bitcoin Cash price will decline less $100 and there was no increase in buying interest.
Obviously! This was for sure to be happened. The bitcoin investors will never allow any other coin similar to bitcoin to progress in the crypto market. Bitcoin cash failed to divert attention of masses from the classic bitcoins. The moment people got bitcoin cash in their wallets, they dumped them which ultimately resulted into the decrease in bitcoin cash price.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
August 11, 2017, 05:36:31 PM
If miners keeps support to BCC then for sure it will rise more then BTC.
Block size is larger then BTC and there are transaction problem occurs on BTC.
Lets wait and see whats going to happen but for sure i will buy on dips BCC

Bitcoin are much more valuable than bitcoin cash as any of the currency which is been used while on the net then it has much less chance of getting in corruption so bitcoins are great way for making money

We all know how valuable bitcoin is than bitcoin cash. Also, bitcoin cash is just the continuation of the dream of the creator of Bitcoin; Satoshi Nakamoto. So I think that people like the idea of Satoshi Nakamoto if he is present the time bitcoin is having a lot of issues. If Satoshi helped the developers and include himself or themselves in the debate I think they can understood and this will not come to this where there are two parties.
I am glad that at least true bitcoin lovers are still with bitcoins and are not attracted by similar currencies like bitcoin cash. Bitcoin cash was a useless invention that has disappointed many around the globe and it just gathered hatred from the true bitcoin lovers. I will suggest the team to focus on producing latest versions of the classic bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
August 11, 2017, 04:00:12 PM
What do you think of Bitcoin Cash?
Do you think it will have the same value as Bitcoin or it will be just another Alt. Coin in the crypto market?

BCC was created saying that it would be the substitute for bitcoin.But it just remains as an altcoin.Neither bitcoin price has crashed,nor BCC price has raised as it was expected by some people.It would just remain alive only for a few more days and then it would just remain as a n abandoned altcoin.BCC holders have just dumped all of their coins to get some free cash.

Remember that for every seller there is a buyer...

It's early days for BCH - if the mining difficulty drops enough but the price remains stable, I can see some miners switching to mine it. If you are an ASIC miner, there are very few coins you can mine: bitcoin, bitcoincash and peercoin. All the rest are scrypts.

It is certainly not as simple as that

As you have said yourself, it is mostly the choice between mining regular Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, so it should be obvious that miners switching to mining the latter are leaving the real Bitcoin mining scene. Therefore, those remaining will get a bigger share of the pie and thus earn more coins (read dollars) for themselves. And this is the tricky part which is not simple, i.e. whether it is actually worth switching to mining Bitcoin Cash instead of original Bitcoin
Activity: 1792
Merit: 264
August 11, 2017, 03:37:03 PM
basically Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is the same as bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash is just an altcoin version created by developers because of the bitcoin split that occurred on August 1st yesterday, the developer managed to create a permanent difference in blockchain, which aims to break the transaction. Congestion problems on the Bitcoin platform.
The value of Bitcoin Cash is currently not worth the old Bitcoin value, since bitcoin users still rarely use the latest version of this coin alternative. It is because age Bitcoin Cash is still fairly young so not many who use it.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
August 11, 2017, 01:17:22 PM
How many time do we need to repeat Bitcoin Cash will never, ever be on the same level as Bitcoin.

There is no discussion. It is an altcoin which some miners started mining instead of Bitcoin so it gained some traction.

It is only 10% the price of Bitcoin... and it will only continue falling when people dump everything they have.
Comparing of Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash is not fair, because on the first place BTC was the mother of all coins in cryto currency industry while BCC was newly launch as altcoins. If you compare the number of years fluctuation in the market, the gap was so far. Imagine BTC was fluctuate for 8 years while BCC is only 1 week, wheres the justice. Then now you was looking for good performance of BCC.
While you have some good points at the same time I will say that we need to make a comparison, bitcoin cash basically was created with that in mind, miners wanted to show that their solution was better than the solution of the devs and that is why they created that coin, so we must compare them.
Activity: 245
Merit: 107
August 11, 2017, 10:28:58 AM

Bitcoin are much more valuable than bitcoin cash as any of the currency which is been used while on the net then it has much less chance of getting in corruption so bitcoins are great way for making money

We all know how valuable bitcoin is than bitcoin cash. Also, bitcoin cash is just the continuation of the dream of the creator of Bitcoin; Satoshi Nakamoto. So I think that people like the idea of Satoshi Nakamoto if he is present the time bitcoin is having a lot of issues. If Satoshi helped the developers and include himself or themselves in the debate I think they can understood and this will not come to this where there are two parties.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
August 11, 2017, 09:29:46 AM
I think Bitcoin cash has a lot of potential and it can show great value in future. It is the biggest competitor of Bitcoin but i think that it will take Bitcoin cash many years to surpass Bitcoin as Bitcoin is the most popular and most valuable cryptocurrency in the market.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 11, 2017, 09:22:10 AM
What do you think of Bitcoin Cash?
Do you think it will have the same value as Bitcoin or it will be just another Alt. Coin in the crypto market?

BCC was created saying that it would be the substitute for bitcoin.But it just remains as an altcoin.Neither bitcoin price has crashed,nor BCC price has raised as it was expected by some people.It would just remain alive only for a few more days and then it would just remain as a n abandoned altcoin.BCC holders have just dumped all of their coins to get some free cash.

Remember that for every seller there is a buyer...

It's early days for BCH - if the mining difficulty drops enough but the price remains stable, I can see some miners switching to mine it. If you are an ASIC miner, there are very few coins you can mine: bitcoin, bitcoincash and peercoin. All the rest are scrypts.
legendary
August 11, 2017, 08:53:31 AM
I did not take Bitcoin Cash seriously, I looked at the price at first, I look again today, at the level of $ 306.10, according to my opinion it will go under $ 100, its usage is not very common, and it seems never to be.

No it wont. BCC is secretly supported by the Chinese mining megacorp. That means whenever this cryptocurrency's price falls, there are interest groups out there who will give it its support. Core knows this and they cant do anything about it except call it names on Twitter.

I don't understand this. If by "support" you mean they will buy $100+ million worth of BCH to make its price rise again, for how long they can do that? Won't they be losing their money, big money, providing that support? I mean even if you have huge amounts of money, you lose couple of billions and stop, right? And then the price goes down.

They don't have to support Bitcoin Cash indefinitely since people will run out of their BCH tokens sooner or later even if all of them choose to get rid of these tokens. Obviously, quite a few BCH holders aren't going to sell these coins, and some may even be looking to buy more. Anyway, after this initial stage of rampant sell-offs and buy-ups is over, their hands will be untied, and they can proceed to the next level of dethroning Bitcoin (as they likely think). You also seem to discard the possibility that the cartel might be selling regular bitcoins for BCH to prop up the price of the latter

I may be wrong but I see it like this. If you are selling something you have to make the price competitive. In other words the price should be lower than in other places, otherwise people will be buying in those places and not from you. In our case if we are selling Bitcoins for Bitcoin Cash we should make people pay less Bitcoin Cash for BTC than in other places to attract buyers. Yes, such act would prop up the price of BCH, but at what cost. We'll be losing money. In fact selling Bitcoins for lower amount of Bitcoin Cash is the same thing as buying Bitcoin Cash for higher amount of Bitcoins

This is certainly not the only possibility

You can sell original bitcoins for dollars and get market rates. And then use dollars to bid up the price slowly. But this is ultimately irrelevant since you may be selling for a loss today to earn decent profits tomorrow. In fact, when you buy some asset you hope that it will rise in the future even if its price continues to decline after you make a purchase. But this is obviously not all. The cartel may not be looking for short term profits (like in "buy low sell high"). They are ultimately looking for control, and they don't care about how much it could cost them in dollar or Bitcoin terms since if they control Bitcoin (under whatever name), they control the whole market (after all, they could break even entirely via mining fees in the end)
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
August 11, 2017, 07:17:35 AM

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
August 11, 2017, 05:18:56 AM

I may be wrong but I see it like this. If you are selling something you have to make the price competitive. In other words the price should be lower than in other places, otherwise people will be buying in those places and not from you. In our case if we are selling Bitcoins for Bitcoin Cash we should make people pay less Bitcoin Cash for BTC than in other places to attract buyers. Yes, such act would prop up the price of BCH, but at what cost. We'll be losing money. In fact selling Bitcoins for lower amount of Bitcoin Cash is the same thing as buying Bitcoin Cash for higher amount of Bitcoins.
legendary
August 11, 2017, 04:29:18 AM
You again make a few very loose assumptions

Okay, you have your coins doubled (regular Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash), so if the old network gets congested, you explicitly assume that you could switch to using Bitcoin Cash and transact with it. Basically, you openly say that yourself. What you don't say but still implicitly assume (and this is where your implicit assumption goes awry on the whole) is that everyone is in the same boat with you, i.e. they are ready to accept Bitcoin Cash transfers instead of regular bitcoins. Obviously, this is a false assumption in general, and then we are back to what I've been saying before, namely, that you didn't check if your "theory" would actually work in practice. Besides that, I don't think that Bitcoin Cash is more viable alternative than other altcoins since, as I just said, you can't expect people to still hold these pseudo bitcoins (for the sake of solving their future transaction issues with the regular one)

if you weren't so caught up in your own ego, but your superiority complex makes conversing with you a major chore sometimes

As I also told you, I don't particularly care if someone is wrong or confused, so it is more about your ego not going to accept being confused here. I could even say that it is it exactly which is playing a dirty trick on you

Since the network is identical at the split, you have the burden of proof I suppose of arguing against the notion that there isn't already a system in place that can pick up where it left off at the split point. So yes, while I am assuming that merchants or people who were accepting bitcoin could just as easily accept BCH, since the network is a clone, the addresses are a clone, the private keys are a clone, etc., it seems logical to me that people abandoning the unusable network would find the least friction in taking up the BCH network. If you are a merchant or consumer using Bitcoin, what's preventing you from switching to BCH? Especially if you've already got coins there and especially if the network is gaining favor with the masses amidst a general increase in unusability of the BTC network. That's not to say any transition would be seamless or pick up where BTC left off months after the split, only that it offers the least friction to cross over. Also, any switch wouldn't happen instantaneously. Bitcoin wouldn't suddenly be "unusable" in one instant where it was perfectly usable the instant before. It would be a long, slow march towards unusability, just like last time, and as people become increasingly more frustrated with delays and high fees and the developer's overall inability or unwillingness to address the issue, there will already be a nearly identical system that can address the capacity problem, and as bitcoin loses favor over time, BCH will increase in value as it becomes more viable

As others have said the network is different

I don't really know whether it is true or not, but if I'm not mistaken, it was the exchanges' condition and requirement that the wannabe Bitcoin should solve the replay issue if its creators wanted it to be listed there. So I guess they should have made the network incompatible to avoid the possibility of replay attacks (since we see BCH tokens listed at most if not all major exchanges by now). But ultimately this is irrelevant since your assumption falls apart at another level. You essentially say that there is nothing that would prevent both merchants and consumers from accepting Bitcoin Cash if the regular Bitcoin is stuck or fails. Even if technically it were so (which it is not), I still couldn't agree with this view. If we are to face the facts, many exchanges (if not all again) suspended even genuine Bitcoin deposits and withdrawals for some time to avoid possible repercussions from the introduction of Bitcoin Cash (until the dust settled). In this way, I can't possibly see how all these people you mentioned could be willing to accept Bitcoin Cash. That would likely wreak total havoc in their accounting unless they are going to accept it as just another payment currency. But then it would be no different from accepting, say, Litecoin, or any other altcoin. Thus your assumption is untenable and not plausible conceptually, not just technically
Activity: 868
Merit: 259
August 11, 2017, 02:23:45 AM

Same thoughts as you. BCC isnt just another fork made on a whim by a few amateur developers like what usually happens with altcoins. This is a well thought out plan for the miners to have a place to run to in case Core succeeds in pushing them out.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1024
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
August 10, 2017, 08:51:49 PM
Bitcoin cash will have a high value with the same fork They targeted beside bitcoin In my opinion they will surpass the bitcoin They want to replace BTC with BCH I think it will be possible because of the great possibilities in this world Their aim to make the miners a glad
Are you kidding me? the fork coin just another shit and never to replace the real one. Bitcoin cash just bunch of the greed. The free airdrop coin must not worth a lot just like bitcoin or even surpass it. You must realize what are you said. bitcoin cahs just nothing right now.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
August 10, 2017, 07:30:48 PM
Since the network is identical at the split, you have the burden of proof I suppose of arguing against the notion that there isn't already a system in place that can pick up where it left off at the split point. So yes, while I am assuming that merchants or people who were accepting bitcoin could just as easily accept BCH, since the network is a clone, the addresses are a clone, the private keys are a clone, etc., it seems logical to me that people abandoning the unusable network would find the least friction in taking up the BCH network.

This just means that transaction format is similar and the UTXO set has been copied. I don't see how, in practice, Bitcoin Cash is different than other altcoins. It's similarly easy for merchants/services to accept other altcoins. The BTC network has certainly not been cloned; BTC users carrying on normally can't see activity on the BCH network. It's incompatible, ignored by their nodes.

The only thing that separates Bitcoin Cash (or Segwit2x) from other altcoins is marketing. The fact is that any hard fork is an altcoin. Fair enough, maybe we will all be using some altcoin in the future rather than Bitcoin.

If you are a merchant or consumer using Bitcoin, what's preventing you from switching to BCH?

Network activity, demand. Just like any other altcoin.

That's not a prediction of what will happen, that's my opinion of what is the most likely outcome if bitcoin can't solve capacity.

There are wealthy interests in the Bitcoin space with a lot of money to market their BTC fork and spam/attack the BTC network. And they also have a lot of BTC to dump. I don't think they'll prevail, but they (Bitmain, Roger Ver, etc.) are nothing to sneeze at.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1115
★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!
August 10, 2017, 06:28:04 PM

It is not me disagreeing with your opinion

Because when I disagree, I just state that right away (and you know that), but in this very case you were evidently assuming that people could somehow effortlessly move their funds between the two coins or otherwise use them interchangeably ("you've got a clone with the capacity to handle the extra transactions") and choose the best coin to transact with as they see appropriate (as if the coins still remained essentially the one and same, just before the split). This is where you got confused. What extra transactions are you talking about? Obviously, this is impossible since after the split these are two entirely different coins. Your claim that Bitcoin Cash (allegedly) has some right or legitimacy to be called Bitcoin is completely irrelevant and inconsequential to the point (as you should understand). Other than that, I could just ask you why you don't humbly accept that you got confused? It is not so much about you being wrong or confused, or whatever as about you trying to stick to some clearly erroneous view or trying to come unscrewed by any means (that's what makes it so fun to comment on)

Well let's back up a step then. Because I think you've incorrectly assumed something about what I believe. I do not think that people can effortlessly move between one chain and the other. At the split though, anyone who had BTC now have the same amount of BCH, so the user base is essentially pre-installed in BCH. If BTC seizes up and becomes unstable or unusable, you don't have to move your bitcoins off that chain or convert them to BCH, you already have those coins (up to the split point, anything done with BTC after that isn't reflected on the BCH chain). BCH's threat to BTC is if the BTC blockchain can't handle future capacity and BCH reaches price parity with BTC, because then user aren't losing money by abandoning the unusable network (TO A POINT, this is not an absolute), you're incentivized to use the functioning network and because of price parity and the fact that your coins are waiting for you there (up to that split point), it lessens the switching costs as opposed to any other alt trying to supplant BTC as the dominant crypto

You again make a few very loose assumptions

Okay, you have your coins doubled (regular Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash), so if the old network gets congested, you explicitly assume that you could switch to using Bitcoin Cash and transact with it. Basically, you openly say that yourself. What you don't say but still implicitly assume (and this is where your implicit assumption goes awry on the whole) is that everyone is in the same boat with you, i.e. they are ready to accept Bitcoin Cash transfers instead of regular bitcoins. Obviously, this is a false assumption in general, and then we are back to what I've been saying before, namely, that you didn't check if your "theory" would actually work in practice. Besides that, I don't think that Bitcoin Cash is more viable alternative than other altcoins since, as I just said, you can't expect people to still hold these pseudo bitcoins (for the sake of solving their future transaction issues with the regular one)

if you weren't so caught up in your own ego, but your superiority complex makes conversing with you a major chore sometimes

As I also told you, I don't particularly care if someone is wrong or confused, so it is more about your ego not going to accept being confused here. I could even say that it is it exactly which is playing a dirty trick on you

Since the network is identical at the split, you have the burden of proof I suppose of arguing against the notion that there isn't already a system in place that can pick up where it left off at the split point. So yes, while I am assuming that merchants or people who were accepting bitcoin could just as easily accept BCH, since the network is a clone, the addresses are a clone, the private keys are a clone, etc., it seems logical to me that people abandoning the unusable network would find the least friction in taking up the BCH network. If you are a merchant or consumer using Bitcoin, what's preventing you from switching to BCH? Especially if you've already got coins there and especially if the network is gaining favor with the masses amidst a general increase in unusability of the BTC network. That's not to say any transition would be seamless or pick up where BTC left off months after the split, only that it offers the least friction to cross over. Also, any switch wouldn't happen instantaneously. Bitcoin wouldn't suddenly be "unusable" in one instant where it was perfectly usable the instant before. It would be a long, slow march towards unusability, just like last time, and as people become increasingly more frustrated with delays and high fees and the developer's overall inability or unwillingness to address the issue, there will already be a nearly identical system that can address the capacity problem, and as bitcoin loses favor over time, BCH will increase in value as it becomes more viable.

Now, obviously, that is all opinion, as any projection is. That's not a prediction of what will happen, that's my opinion of what is the most likely outcome if bitcoin can't solve capacity. I am rooting against BCH, and I want BTC to remain the predominant crypto. But Bitcoin is not magic. It's 100% fungible and any crypto can replace it with relative ease. Its only advantage is inertia at this point. If it squanders that and allows BCH to reach price parity amidst a capacity crisis, that may the irreversible tipping point.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
August 10, 2017, 06:07:50 PM
I dont think bitcoincash same value in bitcoin. But bitcoincash have potential to increase in the future maybe it will become 1000 dollars after few months or few years.
Pages:
Jump to: