Pages:
Author

Topic: BITCOIN vs ETH ? Your thoughts? - page 92. (Read 15440 times)

Activity: 312
Merit: 109
arcs-chain.com
March 04, 2018, 06:25:27 PM
BITCOIN vs ETH ? your thoughts ?

Bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency and can surpass any fiat money. Same with ethereum, it can also surpass bitcoin soon because it has a great future with it. This coins are very strong enough to stay for long terms.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
March 04, 2018, 06:21:01 PM
I like the variant of owning both. But if I have to choose one of them I would prefer Ethereum. There’s strong evidence to support an Ethereum market takeover. Currently, over 1 million transactions are taking place on the Ethereum network each day. That’s over 4 times the amount of Bitcoin transactions.
Activity: 615
Merit: 258
March 02, 2018, 12:10:35 PM
Bitcoin and ethereum has a great potential in this world and they are great companies because they helps lots of people; a life changing moment for the society but for me if I will choose on which to invest, I will choose bitcoin because it is worthy to investment than ethereum.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
March 02, 2018, 01:32:38 AM
I think they will both be successful but with much different use cases. Bitcoin will be a store of value like digital gold and Ethereum with be the platform in which other cryptocurrency companies are built.
Activity: 136
Merit: 10
March 02, 2018, 01:29:49 AM
Both are great investments.
BTC was the 'founding father' of cryptocurrencies whereas ETH was built on top of the BTC framework to include more advanced and better features. ETH is considered the 'founding father' of smart contracts in the blockchain.
I wouldn't say one replaces the other. Both are significant in their own ways.
Since the specifics of the issue was not, I will say that fully support your idea but I would like to add that ETH it is more convenient to use and better protected as a digital currency, so that ETH will take more of his but BTC already hidden, even though it is №1.
Activity: 182
March 01, 2018, 11:16:07 PM
In my opinion, Bitcoin and ETH are equally high-value, great for long-term investments, positioning them above all coins and very good for the future as well.
Activity: 195
February 27, 2018, 04:24:23 PM
Both are great, I choose to choose ETH because I am able to collect more for the price. If I was at the inception of Bitcoin I am sure it would be different.
Activity: 85
February 27, 2018, 04:20:35 PM
I would still choose bitcoin as it is the pioneer when it comes to cryptocurrency and most altcoins rely on bitcoin's price.
Activity: 462
Merit: 114
February 27, 2018, 04:18:44 PM
Bitcoin rather as a means of saving capital for a long period, their limited number and more than 21 million will not, half of the funds
must necessarily be left in it. For speculation and participation in ICO - ETH.
Activity: 205
Merit: 10
February 27, 2018, 04:08:04 PM
Actually they are very good coins with tremendous prospects but I decided to choose ethereum.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
February 27, 2018, 04:06:23 PM
Both coins are completely different and do not interfere with each other. In both, you can invest to make a profit. There can be no war between them!
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
February 23, 2018, 12:02:26 PM
Bitcoin has a good future. He enlists the support of many large countries. Over time, crypto currency will become like ordinary money. We will pay in all stores and gas stations.
Activity: 107
Merit: 1
February 22, 2018, 03:29:30 PM
Both coins are strong in themselves. Good coins for investment.
Activity: 158
February 22, 2018, 02:47:11 PM
Both are the most valuable investment presently though, but Bitcoin still remains the most standard decentralized digital currency, can't determine what the future will be, but now BITCOIN is still the best.
Activity: 63
Merit: 5
February 22, 2018, 02:40:06 PM
For my opinion ETH has more usability that BTS. It’s gives more chance fore progress. Thanks why my voice for ETH!
Agree with you mate. Smart contracts are great thing!
Activity: 590
Merit: 500
February 22, 2018, 02:34:47 PM
the etherium is now becoming more convenient crypto currency. Most operations are performed in this crypto currency
Activity: 45
February 22, 2018, 02:23:41 PM
You can use Bitcoin to send or receive money, or to purchase goods at popular sites like Overstock.com, Namecheap, or Tesla. You can also hold your bitcoin as an investment, or for long term storage of value (kind of like how people invest in gold).

Ether is not as popular as BTC for purchasing goods. At the moment ether is mainly being used by developers building applications on top of it. Over time, and as more apps are developed, the value of ether will likely move from being speculative (as it is now), to more useful in everyday life.
Activity: 55
February 22, 2018, 02:21:32 PM
Ethereum differs from Bitcoin in 7 main ways:

1. In Ethereum the block time is set to 14 to 15 seconds compared to Bitcoins 10 minutes. This allows for faster transaction times. Ethereum does this by using the Ghost protocol.
2. Ethereum has a slightly different economic model than Bitcoin – Bitcoin block rewards halve every 4 years whilst Ethereum releases the same amount of Ether each year ad infinitum.
3. Ethereum has a different method for costing transactions depending on their computational complexity, bandwidth use and storage needs. Bitcoin transactions compete equally with each other. This is called Gas in Ethereum and is limited per block whilst in Bitcoin, it is limited by the block size.
4. Ethereum has its own Turing complete internal code... a Turing-complete code means that given enough computing power and enough time... anything can be calculated. With Bitcoin, there is not this form of flexibility.
5. Ethereum was crowd funded whilst Bitcoin was released and early miners own most of the coins that will ever be mined. With Ethereum 50% of the coins will be owned by miners in year five.
6. Ethereum discourages centralised pool mining through its Ghost protocol rewarding stale blocks. There is no advantage to being in a pool in terms of block propagation.
7. Ethereum uses a memory hard hashing algorithm called Ethash that mitigates against the use of ASICS and encourages decentralised mining by individuals using their GPU’s.
Activity: 98
February 22, 2018, 02:14:32 PM
Bitcoin is a “cryptocurrency.” Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are competing against existing money (and gold) to replace them with a truly global currency. Whilst Ethereum is a “token.” What Bitcoin does for money, Ethereum does for contracts. Ethereum’s innovation is that is allows you to write Smart Contracts: basically any digital agreement where you can say “if this” happens, “then something else happens.”
Activity: 82
February 22, 2018, 02:13:16 PM
While Bitcoin is created as an alternative to regular money and is thus a medium of payment transaction and store of value, Ethereum is developed as a platform which facilitates peer-to-peer contracts and applications via its own currency vehicle. While Bitcoin and Ether are both digital currencies, the primary purpose of Ether is not to establish itself as a payment alternative (unlike Bitcoin) but to facilitate and monetize the working of Ethereum to enable developers to build and run distributed applications.
Pages:
Jump to: