Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Wallet for Android - page 25. (Read 121199 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
September 26, 2011, 01:44:01 AM
Yes, if you clear data in Android app manager, you'll lose everything.

If you want only to clear the blockchain or your transactions, use in-app Options -> About -> Reset. Nothing valuable will be lost that can't be downloaded again.

Thanks i just found this... it's a very strange thing that any software would accept user input in the 'about' area, so i never expected to find user-interactive functions there, only static information.

...but full chain is slowly coming down now. 13% so far.
Activity: 483
Merit: 501
September 26, 2011, 01:40:43 AM
Yes, if you clear data in Android app manager, you'll lose everything.

If you want only to clear the blockchain or your transactions, use in-app Options -> About -> Reset. Nothing valuable will be lost that can't be downloaded again.
September 26, 2011, 12:43:04 AM
You might be able to clear its downloaded data, go to Settings > Applications > Appname, and there should be an option to 'Clear Data' ... I don't know if this will work or not, I haven't tried this client before, though. Since you've already transferred your coins out it should be safe to try this, though.

yep just 0.02 at risk at this point... so thank you i'll try it.

edit: actually that would clear my addresses too i guess. I only want to clear/reset the blockchain and see if i can get the full chain again, keeping the current keys and hence my 0.02.

Activity: 322
Merit: 251
September 26, 2011, 12:40:50 AM
You might be able to clear its downloaded data, go to Settings > Applications > Appname, and there should be an option to 'Clear Data' ... I don't know if this will work or not, I haven't tried this client before, though. Since you've already transferred your coins out it should be safe to try this, though.
September 25, 2011, 11:11:53 PM
For what it is worth I have been using this program for a while with no issues.  I just fired it up on my phone and it dutifully started a block chain sync with no problems.

yeah it did that for me for 2 or 3 weeks, but just decided not to do that any more... and i hadn't sent/received for a long time, all i was doing was launching it once a day to get the block chain synced.

luckily, it still broadcast a transaction, so i took my coins out of it until the issue is resolved.

(still got a few cents stuck that is currently being sent to it though)
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
September 25, 2011, 11:04:49 PM
For what it is worth I have been using this program for a while with no issues.  I just fired it up on my phone and it dutifully started a block chain sync with no problems.
September 25, 2011, 10:30:12 PM
i've been using this software for a while and had no problems but just recently it suddenly stopped downloading the block chain.

since a few days ago it no longer syncs at all.

any ideas how to get it going again?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
August 28, 2011, 09:27:34 PM
The minimum recommended fee is BTC 0.0005. Below that, all the other nodes might reject your transaction, which is what is happening in your case.

I tried to send with no fee but the send button was grayed out so I couldn't click it...

So it's forcing me to set a fee, but I was able to set it to 0.00000001 and send it successfully.

I've noticed that too. It doesn't require non-zero value, simply a value. Zero works fine.

Not for me. Zero wouldn't work fine, the SEND button is still grayed out, which is why I had to enter 0.00000001 instead.

Nevermind, I see you are correct.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
August 28, 2011, 03:27:09 PM
The minimum recommended fee is BTC 0.0005. Below that, all the other nodes might reject your transaction, which is what is happening in your case.

I tried to send with no fee but the send button was grayed out so I couldn't click it...

So it's forcing me to set a fee, but I was able to set it to 0.00000001 and send it successfully.

I've noticed that too. It doesn't require non-zero value, simply a value. Zero works fine.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
August 28, 2011, 09:55:28 AM

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 23, 2011, 09:17:31 AM
Is the wallet stored unencrypted on the SD card?

Of course it isn't.

Good.  But it's not such a daft question.  Your competitor wallet on android was/is storing the unencrypted wallet in the cloud.  Gulp.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 23, 2011, 08:29:56 AM
Is the wallet stored unencrypted on the SD card?

If so, that would be pretty dangerous, since any app with access to the SD card can read any of it.

"Hey; try this game.  It stores its graphics on the SD card and publishes scores on the internet. (and reads and copies bitcoin wallets to an anonymous server in Russia)"
Activity: 700
August 23, 2011, 02:51:00 AM
Did you assign a fee?

You can reset transactions + blockchain in Options Menu -> About. The app will need to re-download the blockchain afterwards, this will take some time.

No fee.

I did the reset and it just came up as a hung transaction again. If I delete the app and redownload it will my wallet file still be there?

Nevermind. Transactions came up fairly quickly but it took several more hours to update the blockchain. While that hung transaction still showed, my balance in the end was restored. I sent the coins again and they went through just fine.

Thanks!
Jeremy
August 22, 2011, 11:29:22 PM
Did you assign a fee?

You can reset transactions + blockchain in Options Menu -> About. The app will need to re-download the blockchain afterwards, this will take some time.

No fee.

I did the reset and it just came up as a hung transaction again. If I delete the app and redownload it will my wallet file still be there?
August 22, 2011, 05:40:37 PM
Hi Goonie.

Firstly, amazing app. Thanks!

I am having an issue, however, that I hope you can help me with.

I made a transaction approximately 30 hours ago which is simply hanging in the app. It is not showing in blockexplorer and has not arrived at the recipient's address. It just shows as grey (unconfirmed) in the app but has been deducted from my balance.

Is there a way to either force it to resend or to reclaim the coins?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
August 19, 2011, 01:16:20 PM
Yesterday i ran into a problem, starting the android client. It just started syncing the block chain as usual and then crashed without any interaction.

Can you send me the crash report? I'll have a look into it.

Sure, just sent the Google Crash report. I hope you can access over the android developer console.

Thanks for support!
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
August 18, 2011, 07:58:42 AM
I really like this app, great work!

Yesterday i ran into a problem, starting the android client. It just started syncing the block chain as usual and then crashed without any interaction.

I just started to generate bitcoins from mining via eligius mining pool. This "generated" payout from this pool thems to kill the Android Bitcoin Client.

If Goonie is around, this is the address from my wallet: http://blockexplorer.com/address/1JRH4EnxLVcMGxx951pm9jApJ7cYH3oSvV

Just check the last transaction.

At this time, those bitcoins seem to be lost, because i can't access them anymore. Hopefully, i will wait for an update or a possibilty to extract the wallet.dat.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
August 18, 2011, 07:27:38 AM
Horizontal/tablet support would be appreciated... :-)
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
August 17, 2011, 05:53:49 PM
Receiving coins while app is closed is definately on my roadmap. However, it's not easy to do this without wrecking the battery.

You might want to consider using Google's C2DM service for this. I am planning on hosting a modified blockexplorer fork to allow my Android app to get asynchronously notified when a payment is made to one of a set of addresses.  I open source all my stuff so if I get it working you're free to fork it for C2DM notifications to your app too.

http://code.google.com/android/c2dm/

Will
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
August 17, 2011, 01:42:02 PM
It would be nice if we had an option to keep it running in the background.
I noticed it shuts down whenever the app doesn't have focus anymore.
Pages:
Jump to: