Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Wallet for Android - page 20. (Read 121330 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
July 13, 2012, 01:06:52 AM
I have just upgraded to v.2.19, but my 2 'frozen' transactions don't seem to move. Could you guys please give me some instructions how to either cancel them or get them through?

10/07/2012    1.10598623 BTC (no fee)
12/07/2012    10.00 BTC (0.0005 fee, so it appears as -10.0005)

Thanks in advance

Do you have a backup?  If so, revert to that.  If not, you need to reset your blockchain by going to reset in the preferences and then chosing the disconnect.  When the app reopens, it'll redownload the last 52 weeks of blockchain. [Happy Anniversary Goonie]

Once you're back to a state with no pending transactions, send yourself the whole balance to a different client (like your desktop/laptop).  The fee you tried to pay isn't actually 'paid' until its mined, so you won't lose that .0005.  Once you send that tx, it should successfully get relayed.  From there, you can use your other client to send the two transactions to their original targets.  It seems that by sending the whole balance to a single address, you're increasing the priority and reducing transaction size enough that it relays with no fee.

Thanks a lot!
Block chain is being re-downloaded now, lets see whether sending the whole amount solves the problem.
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
July 13, 2012, 12:59:31 AM
I have just upgraded to v.2.19, but my 2 'frozen' transactions don't seem to move. Could you guys please give me some instructions how to either cancel them or get them through?

10/07/2012    1.10598623 BTC (no fee)
12/07/2012    10.00 BTC (0.0005 fee, so it appears as -10.0005)

Thanks in advance

Do you have a backup?  If so, revert to that.  If not, you need to reset your blockchain by going to reset in the preferences and then chosing the disconnect.  When the app reopens, it'll redownload the last 52 weeks of blockchain. [Happy Anniversary Goonie]

Once you're back to a state with no pending transactions, send yourself the whole balance to a different client (like your desktop/laptop).  The fee you tried to pay isn't actually 'paid' until its mined, so you won't lose that .0005.  Once you send that tx, it should successfully get relayed.  From there, you can use your other client to send the two transactions to their original targets.  It seems that by sending the whole balance to a single address, you're increasing the priority and reducing transaction size enough that it relays with no fee.
July 13, 2012, 12:53:37 AM

10/07/2012    1.10598623 BTC (no fee)
12/07/2012    10.00 BTC (0.0005 fee, so it appears as -10.0005)

Thanks in advance
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
July 12, 2012, 02:51:08 PM
The 'new' version from a few days ago killed my ability to send coins.

Followed up on this in the issue tracker:

http://code.google.com/p/bitcoin-wallet/issues/detail?id=100

Replied.  Basically, it doesn't ever seem like there's a problem to the user.. other than that the coins never show up in the receiving wallet.  There are connections, the send process looks to complete just like all the other times, just nothing actually happens.

Not a bug with the app, just the stupid transaction fees.  Basically, I was attempting to send something like 51 btc from 4 inputs to a single output and it was being rejected because I didn't include a fee.  Instead, if I sent each of the input amounts separately, they were relayed successfully.

The fees are having the exact opposite of their intended results... a bunch of single, smaller transactions work vs 1 larger transaction that doesn't work.

That means the transaction was larger than 10 kB in size? With only 4 inputs I find this a little bit hard to believe... Either that or the following isn't correct (or there is a bug in the software):

A transaction can be sent without fees if both of these conditions are met:
- It is smaller than 10 (SI) kilobytes (10.000 bytes).
- All outputs are 0.01 BTC or larger.
vip
July 12, 2012, 01:20:56 PM

Replied.  Basically, it doesn't ever seem like there's a problem to the user.. other than that the coins never show up in the receiving wallet.  There are connections, the send process looks to complete just like all the other times, just nothing actually happens.

Not a bug with the app, just the stupid transaction fees.  Basically, I was attempting to send something like 51 btc from 4 inputs to a single output and it was being rejected because I didn't include a fee.  Instead, if I sent each of the input amounts separately, they were relayed successfully.

The fees are having the exact opposite of their intended results... a bunch of single, smaller transactions work vs 1 larger transaction that doesn't work.
vip
July 12, 2012, 11:04:43 AM

Replied.  Basically, it doesn't ever seem like there's a problem to the user.. other than that the coins never show up in the receiving wallet.  There are connections, the send process looks to complete just like all the other times, just nothing actually happens.
Activity: 483
Merit: 551
July 12, 2012, 09:02:12 AM

July 12, 2012, 07:57:14 AM

Same here...  Sad

'Sent' transactions are 'greyed', not broadcasted and stay for days. No idea what to do with it..

HTC Desire
vip
July 11, 2012, 06:55:18 PM
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129
July 11, 2012, 02:38:10 PM
It also means that if your phone is stolen, so are all the funds from your PC.

Though it can be annoying, I think having a separate mobile wallet and then refilling it from time to time is conceptually the simplest/robust/most secure approach.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 344
July 11, 2012, 01:46:45 PM
Sorry, but I have a specific desire to copy my PC wallet to my phone and use it.

You'll probably never be able to copy wallet.dat directly. The closest you can get is exporting and importing the private keys and rescan the blockchain. This is currently not supported in Bitcoin Wallet but maybe will in future (patches welcome).

If you switch your PC wallet to MultiBit, that wallet format (protobuf) is compatible to Bitcoin Wallet. You'll need root on your Android device to push the wallet though.

Whichever route you take, be careful. Its easy to unintentionally double-spend with the same keys in two wallets.

Hey thanks for that solution. I might take that route if I can't succeed in the current route I'm trying.

Sorry for getting off-topic.
July 11, 2012, 01:44:36 PM
Sorry, but I have a specific desire to copy my PC wallet to my phone and use it.

You'll probably never be able to copy wallet.dat directly. The closest you can get is exporting and importing the private keys and rescan the blockchain. This is currently not supported in Bitcoin Wallet but maybe will in future (patches welcome).

If you switch your PC wallet to MultiBit, that wallet format (protobuf) is compatible to Bitcoin Wallet. You'll need root on your Android device to push the wallet though.

Whichever route you take, be careful. Its easy to unintentionally double-spend with the same keys in two wallets.
July 11, 2012, 01:42:08 PM
I can't afford to leave my PC on 24/7.

Oh, wow.  How 1990.  I didn't know people still turned their computers off unless it locked up.
Lol. Really now? I just thought people who don't take care of their electronics leave them on all of the time. One of my many pet peeves. What can I say? I bitch quite a lot. It's probably the lack of Mary Jane in my life ATM.

Anyway, my mom can't afford me leaving my computer on 24/7. Alas, I am but a poor college student struggling to pay for simple health care.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
July 11, 2012, 01:38:34 PM
I can't afford to leave my PC on 24/7.

Oh, wow.  How 1990.  I didn't know people still turned their computers off unless it locked up.
July 11, 2012, 01:35:37 PM
Why do you want to move a PC wallet to your phone? Just send the money from PC to phone and you are done.
I also plan on continued use of my PC client. I want to have access to the same things I have access to on both devices. I don't want to have to get on my PC or my phone to access certain coins.

For example, I have tor on both devices, I have PGP apps on both devices, etc. I'm trying to create redundancy and in doing that, portability.

Would an encrypted tunneling app from your phone to control your pc work?
You mean like logmein.com's service? I can't afford to leave my PC on 24/7. Neither do I want to anticipate a future need for remote access. Oh, and Wake On Lan isn't something I'm interested in. :/ Sorry, but I have a specific desire to copy my PC wallet to my phone and use it.

I appreciate the suggestions people. Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
July 11, 2012, 01:29:00 PM
Why do you want to move a PC wallet to your phone? Just send the money from PC to phone and you are done.
I also plan on continued use of my PC client. I want to have access to the same things I have access to on both devices. I don't want to have to get on my PC or my phone to access certain coins.

For example, I have tor on both devices, I have PGP apps on both devices, etc. I'm trying to create redundancy and in doing that, portability.

Would an encrypted tunneling app from your phone to control your pc work?
July 11, 2012, 11:41:59 AM

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129
July 11, 2012, 11:34:26 AM
July 11, 2012, 07:25:42 AM
but I don't see a wallet.dat file on my device.

There is no wallet.dat.

See http://bitcoin-wallet.googlecode.com/git/wallet/README
I see that now... :/

Grrr, I need/want my phone to be a miniature PC. lol.
July 11, 2012, 03:12:46 AM
but I don't see a wallet.dat file on my device.

There is no wallet.dat.

See http://bitcoin-wallet.googlecode.com/git/wallet/README
Pages:
Jump to: