Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Wallet for Android - page 26. (Read 121202 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
August 14, 2011, 06:19:28 PM
I have a problem! I loved using the wallet it was easy and always there for access. However I am not sure what happened. I restarted my phone I loaded up the application and it says no transactions were made! all my btc was gone also =( I am a bit upset but the address for my btc is still there... I got a message that said wallet was reset blah  blah blah please pm me with help if possible.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
August 08, 2011, 07:01:17 AM
Comments anyone?

Maybe providing a brief description of how users can backup their mobile wallets? Doesn't really need to be secure, I think most are more worried about bugs wiping them atm than having their mobile stolen.

Some info about wallet backup is contained in

http://code.google.com/p/bitcoin-wallet/source/browse/trunk/README

I've heard you can use TitaniumBackup to backup app-private data.

I'm afraid I can't find the wallet file in data folder, in fact it is empty. Could anyone give me a hint where to look?
legendary
Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012
howdy
July 26, 2011, 05:15:37 PM
Excellent, thanks for the link! That answered my question and assured me that my method of writing to NFC tags is sound and compatible with the app.
legendary
Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012
howdy
July 26, 2011, 02:12:37 AM
Hi, what is the format when scanning NFC tags for the bitcoin address? i.e. is the format just or is it bitcoin: ?

I don't have an android phone to test this out on but I would like to write NFC tags for those with android for this awesome app.

Thanks
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
July 26, 2011, 02:01:04 AM
okay its fine but thanks, after over 12h my 1btc was there. nice app thanks
Activity: 78
July 25, 2011, 01:49:59 PM
how long does it take to load the blockchain? the percentage disapears after a few minutes.

My first transaction of 0.001btc was nearly instantly

for my 1btc transaction i'm waiting for 6h now...

PS: i'm using fast wifi
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
July 22, 2011, 02:00:29 PM
Comments anyone?

Maybe providing a brief description of how users can backup their mobile wallets? Doesn't really need to be secure, I think most are more worried about bugs wiping them atm than having their mobile stolen.

edit: Btw, after brief testing (rcv, no send yet) I must say I really really like this client.

edit2: As I mentioned in an android-client donation thread on the main discussion board a few days ago I'd like to see some donation sharing between the different client implementers and BitCoinJ though. It'd be great to hear Mike's views on this as well.
Activity: 16
July 16, 2011, 09:27:03 AM
I don't see that warning anywhere.    Huh
Activity: 118
July 14, 2011, 10:52:16 PM
Hey Andreas.  Nice client! 

I'm trying to build it from source but at this point I need the Zxing library.  I made a quick attempt to build Zxing from source, but it failed.  Before I invest more time in building Zxing, I was wondering if you could direct me towards a compiled jar library of Zxing.  I didn't see it on their project page, only a source zip and the APK file.  Did I overlook it?  Or should it be extracted somehow from the APK?

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129
July 14, 2011, 04:49:00 PM
Yes. Currently though the first key will always be used for change. Maybe that's what Andreas means.
Activity: 322
July 14, 2011, 08:24:33 AM
Actually the app has an address book, and BitCoinJ supports multiple keys.

There are many other limitations of BitCoinJ, but that isn't one of them.
So the developer made an inaccurate comment here?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129
July 14, 2011, 04:15:21 AM
Actually the app has an address book, and BitCoinJ supports multiple keys.

There are many other limitations of BitCoinJ, but that isn't one of them. I'd still suggest not keeping any significant amount of coinage in your android wallet. You do run the risk of losing them.
Activity: 322
July 13, 2011, 11:27:41 PM
Besides getting stuck on the block chain sync when I first ran it, Bitcoin Wallet works well for me. I sent a bitcoin from my PC to my HTC Incredible 2 and back. It has a neat-o cash register sound that plays when you receive a payment. I didn't sit and watch, but the next morning, the two transactions had 60 and 62 confirmations. The app also has good integration with other apps, like Google Goggles for QR code stuff. Unfortunately, due to a limitation in BitcoinJ, you only get one public key to work with. Hopefully that will change soon. In the meantime, Bitcoin Wallet looks very promising and I find it very suitable for playing around with. Hopefully I'll get a chance to use it to buy lunch at that place in NYC.
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
July 13, 2011, 11:07:48 AM
Well, that didn't take too long...
After sending a few btc the application crashed, when i start it now i get a white screen for a few seconds, then black, then the force close message.
I tried rebooting and cleaning cache, nothing helped.
Strange thing is, i have the same issue with bitcoin-android after i sent some coins. At first i thought it was caused by my barcode scanner, but i replaced it without result.

Here is the bug-report info:

http://i.imgur.com/VHc1G.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vA7lc.jpg
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
July 13, 2011, 08:28:45 AM
Looking really good. Althoug i'm not too happy with the bottom warning "You *will* lose your bitcoins associated with this wallet".
That makes it pretty useless imho...
Why would anyone use a wallet when i know it's gonna be lost soon...?

I think it's one of the first things you should consider when developing this, make sure the basics work and are safe.
Activity: 27
July 13, 2011, 06:42:38 AM
The blockchain download problem is now gone after a reinstall. I was able to receive 0.001BTC. I sent 0.001BTC back to my PC wallet 16h ago (1NCTneo6yy8b1bok7F2U7RP4VgciHY2sik) but the transaction does not show up, not even unconfirmed, both client have been runnning constantly. Did anybody manage to sent money from the Android client? What is the clients policy for resending unconfirmed transactions?
July 10, 2011, 04:38:17 PM
It always shows downloading block chain: 0% Do you know what might be wrong?
Activity: 588
July 10, 2011, 03:04:20 PM
Looks good! Does it store the blockchain in internal memory? Is it possible to push it to the sdcard for memory constrained devices?

The block chain should already be on the SD card.
July 10, 2011, 12:53:21 PM
Looks good! Does it store the blockchain in internal memory? Is it possible to push it to the sdcard for memory constrained devices?
Activity: 711
Fight fire with photos.
July 09, 2011, 11:34:10 AM
I installed this on my LG Optimus, but it seems like downloading the blockchain is taking forever. Currently, it looks like it has about 16mb of it. I noticed some people were going in a short time, but mine has been downloading for the past day or two.

EDIT: I've sent .02 BTC to the address it gives me with no success. I sent .01 from my Bitcoin client and .01 from the Mt. Gox Live Trader. Neither one has shown up on my phone. The blockchain file is at 16.44 mb right now, is it supposed to be bigger?
Pages:
Jump to: