Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin will plummet to $10 by first half of 2014 - page 2. (Read 50087 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
If it had crashed to $10 there would be half users alive in this forum.. Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
I wonder if this was a fallling relative on there making these profesional tier predictions on the BTC price.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin cant get below 500  Wink

Now that is being optimistic. We were there a couple of weeks back.  Cheesy
Activity: 35
Bitcoin cant get below 500  Wink
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Mark Williams, a risk management and capital markets professor at Boston University, is out with a bold call – he predicts that the price of one bitcoin will crash to $10 or even lower by the first half of 2014.
Williams is a risk management practitioner and academic with tw-decades of experience from working as a bank examiner at the US Federal Reserve to a commodities trading floor senior executive.

The fact he was a bank examiner helps explain how some banks went bankrupt.

And of course, he has to take his butthurt out on Bitcoin...
Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Mark Williams, a risk management and capital markets professor at Boston University, is out with a bold call – he predicts that the price of one bitcoin will crash to $10 or even lower by the first half of 2014.
Williams is a risk management practitioner and academic with tw-decades of experience from working as a bank examiner at the US Federal Reserve to a commodities trading floor senior executive.

The fact he was a bank examiner helps explain how some banks went bankrupt.
Activity: 1
chung cu cao cap
Activity: 42
Ha, its already August and we're thriving at a $500/coin.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

Yes this was an old thread, it should be locked in my opinion, the prediction was false and we know it already.
Activity: 175
Merit: 104
Ha, its already August and we're thriving at a $500/coin.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010
You guys did see this, right?

http://insidebitcoins.com/bitcoin-price-reaction-an-ecosystem-built-on-clay-feet/:

But other observers are not so blasé. Mark Williams, a risk management expert and senior lecturer at Boston University, has been an outspoken critic of Bitcoin. He’s been predicting a bitcoin crash for months, famously stating at the end of 2013, “I predict that Bitcoin will trade for under $10 a share by the first half of 2014.” The timeline may have been off by a few weeks, but will the prediction hold true?
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
“I predict that Bitcoin will trade for under $10 a share by the first half of 2014, single digit pricing reflecting its option value as a pure commodity play”, concludes Mark Williams.

I think when he said "$10 a share", he meant "$10 a uBTCTongue. That would have been a more acceptable guess.
legendary
Activity: 1372
i predict it will be around 300 at the end of this year
hope my prediction is wrong  Smiley

maybe around 400 but still hoping it will not happen lol
I'll point out all my predictions have been grossly under or overly optimistic, but I'll happily believe we'll see roughly an order of magnitude growth in purchasing power every year, until we don't.

In 2012 even the Bitcoin bulls average perdition was an order of magnitude lower than what actually happens a year later, and 2 orders of magnitude off when it touched $1000.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
i predict it will be around 300 at the end of this year
hope my prediction is wrong  Smiley

maybe around 400 but still hoping it will not happen lol
Activity: 294
If it will, this guy is gonna invest a bunch
Activity: 27
When will people realize Bitcoin is a long term race? Just sit down, relax, thats it man, make money, you are making money, you are making money right fucking now! in 10 years you'll see this. Isn't this amazing? Bitcoin will go high as fuck as simple as 2+2=4, it's a physical law that Bitcoin goes up in the long term.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
It is difficult to make any predictions on bitcoin.
And reputations can get ruined because of predictions like this.

Only 'round here, sir. It's a sad rule of organizational life that you get off very lightly when you fail provided you "fail in the right way."

That is true. But the person who made this prediction - his reputation has gone for a toss.  Smiley
Definitely this.

Don't expect Prof. Bitcorn to be making a lot of these predictions and have people actually take him seriously, he's at a pretty big loss with his reputation.
Activity: 239
Merit: 10
He got roasted a couple of months back.... he had said mid-2014.

even if he changes it to end of 2014, the price won't drastically go down to under $10. Oh well its like an end of the world prediction

Remember 2012? Wonder when the next big end of the world prediction will be. Times are boring when we're not living in the end-times!
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

Only 'round here, sir. It's a sad rule of organizational life that you get off very lightly when you fail provided you "fail in the right way."

That is true. But the person who made this prediction - his reputation has gone for a toss.  Smiley
Activity: 319
Mhm, well those predictions were of use. Shame he's 50 times off the current price.
legendary
Activity: 924

Pages:
Jump to: