Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin without Altcoin ? - page 3. (Read 67952 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
February 25, 2017, 09:14:40 PM
if we consider bitcoin currency is the dollar I think altcoin can be regarded as another currency of another country, it is the cool thing they remain connected to each other and exchange between them is good

altcoin actually provide diversity crypto currency. but although altcoin nothing though. bitcoin will survive. like when you first launch. where there is no altcoin right ?
Activity: 1806
Merit: 671
February 25, 2017, 09:00:48 PM
Nothing important really. They mostly just come and go, so they carry little effect with themselves. But they do promote use of s, if people are buying them with s,

i think both depends upon each other... altcoin has a great effect in promotion of bitcoin... so i think without altcoin bitcoin will nothing and without bitcoin altcoin is nothing. so, both have their own importance...
Actually bitcoin does not require altcoin to popular. Features and bitcoin price is attractive, many investors are interested in it. Precisely altcoin that exploit the popularity of bitcoin to be popular. However altcoin also a positive effect on bitcoin, with the altcoin the bitcoin prices become more stable. In my opinion, there should be altcoin so that more investors are coming to the world of crypto-currency. Most altcoin just pump and dump.

Altcoins are created to take Bitcoin's place on being the #1 cryptocurrency in the market hence the word alternative coin. One benefit ot gave to us Bitcoin users is that altcoins gave us the ability to trade Cryptocurrency and later exchange it back to Bitcoin. Altcoins can always try to take Bitcoin's place and we can always try to benefit from it.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
February 25, 2017, 08:41:04 PM
I think they have a side benefit. the people who created alts must have learned a lot about bitcoin in the process...other than that I don't think LTC,Dogecoin or any other shitcoins actually influence bitcoin.

each altcoin has its own value rates. and they also affect the price movement bitcoin. altcoin many that exist today trying to beat the reputation of bitcoin. but it all failed.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
February 25, 2017, 08:33:02 PM
Nothing important really. They mostly just come and go, so they carry little effect with themselves. But they do promote use of s, if people are buying them with s,

i think both depends upon each other... altcoin has a great effect in promotion of bitcoin... so i think without altcoin bitcoin will nothing and without bitcoin altcoin is nothing. so, both have their own importance...
Actually bitcoin does not require altcoin to popular. Features and bitcoin price is attractive, many investors are interested in it. Precisely altcoin that exploit the popularity of bitcoin to be popular. However altcoin also a positive effect on bitcoin, with the altcoin the bitcoin prices become more stable. In my opinion, there should be altcoin so that more investors are coming to the world of crypto-currency. Most altcoin just pump and dump.

Activity: 642
February 25, 2017, 12:17:10 PM

Activity: 423
Merit: 251
February 25, 2017, 12:03:07 PM
bitcoin seemed that means nothing if no altcoin, large bitcoin for their altcoin, so altcoin that its existence is the development bitcoin
Activity: 518
February 25, 2017, 11:28:31 AM
We will not see Bitcoin without Altcoin.
That is only way to earn bitcoin if you are a miner Smiley
Agree. Mining Bitcoin is not as profitable as it used to and now we must figure out other ways to obtain money from this activity. Mining altcoins is the best choice and most of the miners I know are mining Ethereum at the moment. Bitcoin mining is now for the investors who have a huge amount of money and can build a big mining farm where there are about 1000 antminer S9 or 1000 avalon A7
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
February 25, 2017, 10:44:59 AM
We will not see Bitcoin without Altcoin.
That is only way to earn bitcoin if you are a miner Smiley
Activity: 1806
Merit: 295
February 25, 2017, 10:42:54 AM
I think they have a side benefit. the people who created alts must have learned a lot about bitcoin in the process...other than that I don't think LTC,Dogecoin or any other shitcoins actually influence bitcoin.

Altcoin make bitcoin more popular in altcoin market, bitcoin is their main price determinant. Bitcoin price movement is also derived from trading volume that involves a lot of altcoin. So why do you assume they don't give influence to Bitcoin? If bitcoin in pairs only with Fiat, price will move stagnant like gold, there is no significant increase.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
February 25, 2017, 08:02:52 AM
Activity: 184
February 25, 2017, 06:28:44 AM
if we consider bitcoin currency is the dollar I think altcoin can be regarded as another currency of another country, it is the cool thing they remain connected to each other and exchange between them is good

Even if Bitcoin remains the top cryptocurrency, it needs altcoins to fill the gaps it can not get as they are built on its weakness and offer real anonymity.
Altcoins existence make bitcoin competitive on the market and also make placing bans meaningless as we can move on to other alts easily.

that is right. The transaction confirmation time is too long. We need faster coins.
Activity: 686
Merit: 521
February 23, 2017, 03:50:11 AM

Even if Bitcoin remains the top cryptocurrency, it needs altcoins to fill the gaps it can not get as they are built on its weakness and offer real anonymity.
Altcoins existence make bitcoin competitive on the market and also make placing bans meaningless as we can move on to other alts easily.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
February 23, 2017, 03:25:04 AM

This is so true, plus altcoins serves as a competitor also to bitcoin, so that the value of bitcoin itself will not be booming so fast, altcoins is breaking the fact of being monopoly of bitcoin as a cryptocurrency.

The bitcoin can learn a lot from altcoins.
I do agree so. There are many bugs in bitcoin which can not be fixed and altcoins are the only way for Bitcoin to improve itself and be developed. And thanks to altcoins, we can also have many big exchange and trading platform which helping to increase the prices of Bitcoin in particularly and to cryptocurrency in general

Some people mine altcoin to get bitcoin. So altcoin is useful to them.
Yeah, these days altcoin mining is found cheap which is the reason for which more miners focus towards altcoin. This too an advantage for the growth of altcoin. Even with such access bitcoin is found to be highly potential and won't let altcoins overcome bitcoin at any point of time.
Activity: 36
February 23, 2017, 03:18:20 AM

This is so true, plus altcoins serves as a competitor also to bitcoin, so that the value of bitcoin itself will not be booming so fast, altcoins is breaking the fact of being monopoly of bitcoin as a cryptocurrency.

I do agree so. There are many bugs in bitcoin which can not be fixed and altcoins are the only way for Bitcoin to improve itself and be developed. And thanks to altcoins, we can also have many big exchange and trading platform which helping to increase the prices of Bitcoin in particularly and to cryptocurrency in general

Some people mine altcoin to get bitcoin. So altcoin is useful to them.
Activity: 770
February 22, 2017, 11:23:25 AM

Activity: 431
Merit: 250
February 22, 2017, 11:16:05 AM

Activity: 1260
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 16, 2017, 07:28:18 AM

Activity: 434
February 15, 2017, 04:34:40 PM
Activity: 117
Merit: 100
February 15, 2017, 04:05:28 PM
Could happen and would be fine, not the usual community since plenty of BTC owners are involved with Altcoin trading, but it wouldn't be the end of BTC or significantly impact it. The opposite is almost impossible to see now with how reliant altcoins are on BTC, with the only exceptions being ripples [controversial] and ETH.
Activity: 378
February 15, 2017, 03:22:04 PM
I began to think that altcoin important role to play. altcoin may play a role in the development of bitcoin prices. probably about 40%, altcoin make bitcoin prices to be increased. for all users altcoin, role in bitcoin prices
specially those altcoins which done very successful ICO's. they will surely attract lots of people and effect the bitcfoin price a lot.
I think things are already working on their ways.

I do agree that altcoin have important role on attracting people to cryptocurrency but it do bad and at the same time good in Bitcoin economy.  Good because they attract people, bad because most of this ICO are scam so it gives bad reputation to cryptocurrency industry including Bitcoin.  Worst is that these altcoin often declare they are better than bitcoin and at the end scam these unsuspecting people.  Result they also think Bitcoin is also a scam project lol. 
but i think alt coin really play important role. because most of the people like trading and they mostly do trading in alt coin we it is fact that alt coin play an important role in bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: