Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin won't live to see the next 10 years - page 6. (Read 2941 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 109
Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!
Voted - YES

Bitcoin is/and will be Founding Father of all future Cash/Shit/Gold/Bit/Seg/< insert here any future hard fork name that is going to happen >
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
The hard fork so far has only seemed to strengthen the crypto economy so I think It will only get better
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
I voted yes and I believe it will last that long. I also think that Bitcoin is in its early days. More prices are to be seen.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I think Bitcoin only die when there are no internet anymore Smiley). Beside at this time Bitcoin is standing at the 1st place of the coin market and the total supply amount of Bitcoin is still not mined out so I think although there are thousand of hard forks will be happened but Bitcoin still alive for at least next 30 or 40 years when the supply amount of Bitcoin still available.
I think it is now almost impossible that Internet will down for ever.Internet is now even available in the most backward countries of the world. so it cannot down forever. i think bitcoin will even survive with more high price even if all the supply of bitcoin is over. then the demand of bitcoin will increase and the supply will then surely decrease which will also cause the increase in the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 360
Merit: 250
No, I think bitcoin will live a lot more than the next 10 years. Its growing up daily and the community is also supporting it and its price keep rising as well. There is many factors proving that bitcoin will survive for so long time.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
You cannot update the mining algorithm just because you want it, if you did that then all the money that miners have invested will be wasted, it will be the equivalent of declaring war on mining and it does not solve anything at some point people will find a way to build a miner capable to mine effectively whatever algorithm you create and then we are going to get the centralization of mining once again.

You can declare whatever you want this is the beauty of it.
Right now we have a declaration of war and is called Bitcoin Gold.

The problem is who will follow and how important as market share volume investment and others those people are.
If the user base moves to bitcoin gold the war is won and miners can stick with their sha mining asics.
If nobody gives a damn about bitcoin gold the war is lost and we say by by to another failed altcoin.

And of course there will always, no matter what algorithms you use, a so called asic that will do the hashing a lot faster and cheaper than the average computer. The problem is the difference is hashing power.
Even now it is possible to build asics specialized for other algorithms but you will have to build a machine that does nothing else and only gives you a 4 to 5  more hashing power than the gpus you could buy with the same money.
Activity: 196
I think Bitcoin only die when there are no internet anymore Smiley). Beside at this time Bitcoin is standing at the 1st place of the coin market and the total supply amount of Bitcoin is still not mined out so I think although there are thousand of hard forks will be happened but Bitcoin still alive for at least next 30 or 40 years when the supply amount of Bitcoin still available.
Activity: 478
Merit: 113
Quick Disclaimer:
1. I'm not here to support any shitcoin.
2. We're all gathered here because of bitcoin, so it's hard for me to see it fading way.

Bitcoin was designed not be fully anonymous since transactions were open permanently for the public to view.
Authorities and security agencies were able to trace the bitcoin owners based metadata and transaction pattern, history and so on.

Some developers understand this issue and they go ahead to create some new altcoins which they are fully anonymous by implementing new hashing algorithms on their very new altcoins such as Dash, Monero, Zcash and Zcoin.

So why the bitcoin "hard fork" instead of updating the original bitcoin core?
Forked coins like BitcoinCash & BitcoinGold are moving from ASICs to GPU mining for faster transactions, why not BTC?
Why not update bitcoin mining algorithm to Equihash (zk-snarks) like Zcash and the next upcoming Bitcoin Gold BTG? 

Instead of updating the original bitcoin core to have more secure and fast transactions with lower xt fee, yet making hard forks!
I think hard forks will soon kill the original bitcoin.

What do you think, huh? Share with us what you think. thanks Smiley

Bitcoin is here to stay for a long time... but if not, I'm ready for the next thing, be it BTC 2.0 or whatever.
Activity: 280
Merit: 111
Actually it is very difficult to predict about something like bitcoins that whether they would survive the next 10 years or not but most probably they will survive till the next 10 years. As Bitcoin could survive the China bans many people believe that Bitcoin can survive many other such incidents, even I hope that Bitcoin survives.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
I voted yes. For most of the people, anonymity is not of the essential. Main concerns and biggest issues bitcoin should solve are:
- scalability: number of transactions per second is still low
- fees: expensive for low amount transactions. Those two topics will be probably addressed in the near future with some layer2 solution.
- forks: as much as forks are unavoidable, they can confuse and deter potential users and investors. If they remain as frequent as this year, this might be a problem.
True, strong anonymity is not needed, bitcoin is private enough as it is and with the right steps you can increase that if you are worried about the world knowing what you are buying on the web, what it is essential is to get confirmations a lot faster and make bitcoin easier to use.
Activity: 686
Merit: 282
in my opinion, btc will live as long as the cryptos live, but the use of bitcoin maybe changed, as the first use of blockchain, btc has an irreplaceable position, which decide it shall be the king for long

Do you want to trade without what? At the beginning of the campaign is the signature.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
Bitcoin is going nowhere but up.  It's proven itself time and time again regardless of the improved variations the original muscle is bitcoin. It's pretty much going to be a store of value- and lots of it- for many generations.
This era that we are in is called digital era and this era is when we are going to have a lot of technologies implemented in our life and if we are going to have a lot of adjustments then we can get to the level where we will be fit in digital era. New generations will get benefit of bitcoin and we can see it after a few years because it is slowly starting right now that bitcoin is getting accepted and more and more people are getting aware of bitcoin.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Content| Press Releases | Articles | Strategy
Bitcoin is going nowhere but up.  It's proven itself time and time again regardless of the improved variations the original muscle is bitcoin. It's pretty much going to be a store of value- and lots of it- for many generations.
Activity: 182
Good opinion. Actually i dont wanna bitcoin is replaced by another coin. But i saw your trade seems like will become true.
Activity: 128
i vote yes.
bitcoin will grow stronger in the future
Activity: 322
Merit: 106
I think hard forks will soon kill the original bitcoin.
I dont think that Bitcoin hard fork will exceed Bitcoin , Bitcoin core make more improvements and fix some issues in the Bitcoin code and i think this will be a good enough.
If Bitcoin core team change the whole Bitcoin code what will be the value of the Original Bitcoin code that created by Satoshi Nakamoto?
I DONT THINK it will not kill bitcoin
Hard fork made to have alternative coins and make the difficulty of mining and earning it...
There are many altcoins and cryptos are poping out and some of them are successfull
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
in my opinion, btc will live as long as the cryptos live, but the use of bitcoin maybe changed, as the first use of blockchain, btc has an irreplaceable position, which decide it shall be the king for long
Activity: 254
Blockchain with solar energy
YES!!! bitcoin is here to stay... maybe not the top coin but it will be here to stay for sure.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
More hard forks means better Bitcoin, not only it will live for the next 10 years but even 100 years, what the experts think about the future hard forks? do they think that developers will find a way to control the TX fee abuse by miners or they will keep it the way it is?
After 10 years blockchain will grow bigger than 1TB if ordinary people will have a better technology by then, miners will have a better technology than ordinary people. I think they will start using my activity tokens and eBTC instead of Bitcoin, because Waves is faster and cheaper. Ξ has Putin to support it for a long time, he is a president for as long as I can remember. lol
Bitcoin will exist forever!

Some hardfork coins will also have succes, but they won't replace bitcoin.

But there are also some new coins which will be under the top 100 currencies soon.

My favourite one is ScamOnion, have a look:

https://scamonion.org/

Just ask me, if you want to know something about!
Now have a look. give me 2000 scam onion, there I begged again but this time not for translation. deep lol.
Activity: 144
Bitcoin will exist forever!

Some hardfork coins will also have succes, but they won't replace bitcoin.

But there are also some new coins which will be under the top 100 currencies soon.

My favourite one is DeeoOnion, have a look:

https://deeponion.org/

Just ask me, if you want to know something about!
Pages:
Jump to: