Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin won't live to see the next 10 years - page 7. (Read 2941 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 101
This Is Promissing Project
I think the next 10 years, bitcoin will not die, and I do not imagine that happening. because just look now, bitcoin is getting popular and attracting many people, let alone 10 years to come ..
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
i wrote it somewhere else, but i'll say it again. i believe it will still be here, but not as "powerful" as now
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Quick Disclaimer:
1. I'm not here to support any shitcoin.
2. We're all gathered here because of bitcoin, so it's hard for me to see it fading way.

Bitcoin was designed not be fully anonymous since transactions were open permanently for the public to view.
Authorities and security agencies were able to trace the bitcoin owners based metadata and transaction pattern, history and so on.

Some developers understand this issue and they go ahead to create some new altcoins which they are fully anonymous by implementing new hashing algorithms on their very new altcoins such as Dash, Monero, Zcash and Zcoin.

So why the bitcoin "hard fork" instead of updating the original bitcoin core?
Forked coins like BitcoinCash & BitcoinGold are moving from ASICs to GPU mining for faster transactions, why not BTC?
Why not update bitcoin mining algorithm to Equihash (zk-snarks) like Zcash and the next upcoming Bitcoin Gold BTG? 

Instead of updating the original bitcoin core to have more secure and fast transactions with lower xt fee, yet making hard forks!
I think hard forks will soon kill the original bitcoin.

What do you think, huh? Share with us what you think. thanks Smiley
You cannot update the mining algorithm just because you want it, if you did that then all the money that miners have invested will be wasted, it will be the equivalent of declaring war on mining and it does not solve anything at some point people will find a way to build a miner capable to mine effectively whatever algorithm you create and then we are going to get the centralization of mining once again.
Activity: 602
Merit: 254
in my opinion bitcoin will be able to last for the next few years and it seems that no one can replace bitcoin to be at the top of cryptocurrency, its population and its popularity can not be replaced by other altcoins that are in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
It sure will and even further due to the consistent growth in market volumes and value. There's nothing stopping bitcoin at the moment as we all can see and so i don't se any reason why it will  not live to see many more years ahead of us. Even if a rival coin (altcoin) with a different technology should emerge on the scene it will take a long time  for it to dethrone bitcoin.
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
Do you think bitcoin will live to see the next 10 years with all these new hard forks?

Sure it will  Grin
Bitcoin is the King!
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I voted yes. For most of the people, anonymity is not of the essential. Main concerns and biggest issues bitcoin should solve are:
- scalability: number of transactions per second is still low
- fees: expensive for low amount transactions. Those two topics will be probably addressed in the near future with some layer2 solution.
- forks: as much as forks are unavoidable, they can confuse and deter potential users and investors. If they remain as frequent as this year, this might be a problem.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 285
I choose: yes. bitcoin provides many offers about the ease of transacting. the technology is also very good. more and more people are using bitcoin. that's why bitcoin will still exist in 10 years, so do I think.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Bitcoin is too expensive compared to other crypto coins. Plus the transaction fees are too expensive as well.  The energy costs involved with the bitcoin mining is way more than it should be.  I think Bitcoin will be around in 10 years but it will NOT have 50% of the market cap.
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
I'm not sure based on what fact it's termed that bitcoin won't live to see the next 10 years. Looking the ongoing growth as well support from different countries and corporates bitcoin will continue its usage for a longer time period. Even after the last coin gets mined the circulation will make it grow further and reach the entire population.
Activity: 168
I think if people's interest in bitcoin continues to increase then it does not matter with the coming of some hard fork though. because bitcoin will continue to survive when it has many fans.
Activity: 420
Merit: 256
اللعنة
Quick Disclaimer:
2. We're all gathered here because of bitcoin, so it's hard for me to see it fading way.

Bitcoin was designed not be fully anonymous since transactions were open permanently for the public to view.
Authorities and security agencies were able to trace the bitcoin owners based metadata and transaction pattern, history and so on.

Some developers understand this issue and they go ahead to create some new altcoins which they are fully anonymous by implementing new hashing algorithms on their very new altcoins such as Dash, Monero, Zcash and Zcoin.

Forked coins like BitcoinCash & BitcoinGold are moving from ASICs to GPU mining for faster transactions, why not BTC?
Why not update bitcoin mining algorithm to Equihash (zk-snarks) like Zcash and the next upcoming Bitcoin Gold BTG?

Instead of updating the original bitcoin core to have more secure and fast transactions with lower xt fee, yet making hard forks!

What's the point of updating bitcoin core? It was already told to everyone that there will only be 21M bitcoins available all in all. After that, no remaining bitcoin will be available for mining. I don't see anything bad about these forks. It's business, and these big people will make a way to maintain the circulation of coins in the market. I also see bitcoin still alive in the next 10 years.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
Quick Disclaimer:

I think hard forks aren't going to kill bitcoin, they're just bump on the road. if bitcoin core code was alerted/changed to mine with GPU, then what'll happen to current asic miner and machine producer? won't they lose money/jobs, they've been supporting/mining bitcoin for years. it wouldn't be fair for them!
Activity: 299
I voted yes. I'm sure that BTC can survive that 10 yrs with flying colors. And the changes you want? I am no genius but it's like altering the BTC. And using GPU mining is like going backwards. Still not convincing for me.

The US economy is $20 trillion in debt. The EU was 12 trillion euros in debt at last count before the EU debt clock website (http://www.eudebtclock.org) was censored & taken offline & search engine results were scrubbed to make it difficult to find info on what current EU outstanding debt is.

People often question whether bitcoin/crypto will survive and have longevity moving into the future.

I'm not certain anyone realizes how close american and european fiat may be to imminent collapse.

But if you just print more money you can pay off your debtors faster! Oh wait, except they print theirs even faster so you're screwed either way.

Bitcoins are constantly adapting, changing and upgrading. Will it always be number one? Maybe not. Something better will come out at some point. I don't think in the next 10 years bitcoins will be obsolete or worthless though.

If they will print a lot of money, its value will decrease. It wouldn't be enough to pay their debts and their economy will suffer big time.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
I think bitcoin is not that you can't kill. Just because the system is already too widespread and strong. A different rigid forks only add interest to bitcoin because people are trying to purchase btc for get more coins after the fork.
Activity: 100
Merit: 12
I love it when people make these sort of predictions. If it becomes true they become famous from it and hailed as some sort of magic user but if it fails to become true people forget about it and the user doesn't have any negative effects from it.

You might be right but I think bitcoin will be at its height of its career in 10 years time
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
hard forks will be temporary set back for BTC but after a while it will come out strong and all those forks will have a 0 value after traders have dumped it to the depths of hell.
Activity: 99
Merit: 12
Voted: yes

The last hardfork happened and people were like this is it for bitcoin, and what did bitcoin do? it went up in price.

Moral of the story is: Bitcoin doesn't care

That's some bad thinking there and i hope you didnt invest because it survived the last fork each fork is different and does different things this time it could well go in a downwards motion
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Sorry, but i beg to disagree. I recon, people are trying to improve our means of living whether it is simple task to how complex it is. Even to the extent of how they are revolutionizing the food that we eat. And one step of how to improve our means of living is thru digital currency.  One good example of it is in Swiss where one city is implementing it. If people learn to embrace and take this on seriously i think this can be the future of the world currency.
Activity: 281
Organic PR on Tier 1 media
This may very well be true. How many big companies have come and gone in history. Bitcoin is not exception. If something better comes along, it will naturally overtake BTC.
what kind of better thing you expect? bitcoin took lot of time to make this reputation, the reason behind this reputation is because at that time bitcoin don't have any competitors so that is why bitcoin gain the interest of people. so if any kind of "better" thing emerges they have to face the hard competition against bitcoin and offcourse bitcoin will win.
Pages:
Jump to: