Pages:
Author

Topic: BitcoinAverage.com - bitcoin price index - page 8. (Read 69935 times)

Activity: 147
Merit: 102
I just want to say how cool it is that you guys have released the code of your website.  I already liked this project but now I love it.  I think it's a bold and proper move and I just want to say how much respect I have for folks with this kinda attitude.

Finally, just one question: I noticed your use of CC-SA-NC license.  I think this means copyleft with only non-commercial use allowed.  Are you guys yourselves non-commercial, is this a non-profit service?  Or are you guys a commercial outfit and you're simply limiting the reuse of your code to non-commercial stuff?

Thanks again for the code release!

Hey, the code has been open source since August/Sep 2013 Smiley

As for the license, yes we've changed this since the original one, and your understanding is correct
Hey guys, we really need you to not be offline.

As stated on twitter its best to always have a fallback, either by running our code or just falling back to an exchange. We do wish to improve our infrastructure however being an open source project with a few ads we don't have all the money in the world to do so. Of course you can donate Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
I just want to say how cool it is that you guys have released the code of your website.  I already liked this project but now I love it.  I think it's a bold and proper move and I just want to say how much respect I have for folks with this kinda attitude.

Finally, just one question: I noticed your use of CC-SA-NC license.  I think this means copyleft with only non-commercial use allowed.  Are you guys yourselves non-commercial, is this a non-profit service?  Or are you guys a commercial outfit and you're simply limiting the reuse of your code to non-commercial stuff?

Thanks again for the code release!
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

https://github.com/bitcoinaverage/bitcoinaverage Why not run it yourself?

I was checking https://github.com/bitcoinaverage/bitcoinaverage ...seems the code is in Python. Can it be run on Google App Engine for Python ?
Activity: 378
Merit: 325
hivewallet.com
Sure you can. I tried and failed. Smiley

The devs are very friendly and helpful though.

+1 and thanks for the service!
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
https://gliph.me/hUF
Are we allowed to run this by ourself? We could use the API's in our app as we would need it run 24x7 for sure. Also, if we run it by our self, what size vps will be needed?

https://github.com/bitcoinaverage/bitcoinaverage/blob/master/README.md
*this is the source of BitcoinAverage.com website*

*licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License*

run instructions
---------------------
- download sources
- copy server.py.dist into server.py in the same folder and setup paths to folders (see comments in the file).
- install dependencies with `sudo apt-get install python-dev libevent-dev libxml2-dev python-pip libxslt1-dev && sudo apt-get build-dep libxml2 && sudo pip install SQLObject eventlet requests libxslt-dev lxml`
- to run the api_daemon.py you need python 2.7, no db or other storage engines needed. Install any other missing dependencies if needed.

[...]

*Feel free to contact us at [email protected] for with questions on any matters about this system and website.*

[...]

Sure you can. I tried and failed. Smiley

The devs are very friendly and helpful though.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Are we allowed to run this by ourself? We could use the API's in our app as we would need it run 24x7 for sure. Also, if we run it by our self, what size vps will be needed?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

https://github.com/bitcoinaverage/bitcoinaverage Why not run it yourself?
Activity: 378
Merit: 325
hivewallet.com
Site looks awesome man. I love that it's written in python, as I'm currently learning that and it's nice to go through your code and see an ACTUAL working website. Smiley

Thankyou, these kind of comments mean a lot Smiley

Design wise its hard to please everyone i guess, we love criticism but it must be constructive, to give us areas to make improvements.

Regards
BitcoinAverage
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Site looks awesome man. I love that it's written in python, as I'm currently learning that and it's nice to go through your code and see an ACTUAL working website. Smiley
Make the site design look attractive

As helpful as this on its own, do you have any specific suggestions? Wink
Activity: 118
Make the site design look attractive
We would like to know of any features the community would like to see built into the BitcoinAverage project.

Please email us at [email protected], or leave a response here!

Maybe providing some dynamic price images like https://bitcoinaverage.com/img/price_usd.png?t=541 but more customizable (other currencies, sizes...), also some dynamic graphs rendered as an image.

Noted. We are looking for someone else to join the project in the area of frontend development, ideally with expert knowledge in javascript, and some MVVM frameworks like knockoutJS, so please contact us if you're interested!
rme
Activity: 756
Merit: 504
We would like to know of any features the community would like to see built into the BitcoinAverage project.

Maybe providing some dynamic price images like https://bitcoinaverage.com/img/price_usd.png?t=541 but more customizable (other currencies, sizes...), also some dynamic graphs rendered as an image.

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037
CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com
Hey guys , first i want to say u have great site going on . I rly love it and i use it everyday on my phone and on pc its open 24/7 tab so i monitor btc price.

I also used it as a converter to USD, EUR, and most importantly for me RSD , but now i dont see that option that link "more currencys" is no longer there . Why is that removed ?
Here is a pic , i dont see it anymore.

Hi, its because you are on the local markets page Smiley. RSD as far as I’m aware doesn't have an exchange of its own, so we only display the 'global average' converted into RSD on the homepage (and data in the API obviously). If we can do anything else to help please let us know

Regards
BitcoinAverage

Jezzz... LOL . Sorry about that , u are right , did not even notice that Cheesy . Tnx anyways.
Nothing more , ur service is AWESOME, like i told ya , i use it all day , everyday even on my phone.

There is also app for windows phone , but no graphs on it so i use web page for that and app to see price at a glance.

Cheers .
Hey guys , first i want to say u have great site going on . I rly love it and i use it everyday on my phone and on pc its open 24/7 tab so i monitor btc price.

I also used it as a converter to USD, EUR, and most importantly for me RSD , but now i dont see that option that link "more currencys" is no longer there . Why is that removed ?

Hi, its because you are on the local markets page Smiley. RSD as far as I’m aware doesn't have an exchange of its own, so we only display the 'global average' converted into RSD on the homepage (and data in the API obviously). If we can do anything else to help please let us know

Regards
BitcoinAverage
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037
CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com

Hi, this is a strange but interesting request i guess. If there is an API for 'trends' on google, then its something we can probably do without too much work

I've added it to the list Smiley
Activity: 226

Sure, would it be possible to overlay Google Trends and/or Tag Top Stories (Bitcoin Magazine, LTB, CoinDesk Coin Telegraph) onto the graph?.
http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin

Maybe just make things simple and tag the Top post every 12 Hours at the Bitcoin Subreddit?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/top/

Pages:
Jump to: