Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoincard.org - page 5. (Read 29251 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
November 20, 2012, 02:40:34 PM
I guess some (all?) of us would appreciate a new ETA, even in the range of months. That would be better than standing in the dark.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
November 20, 2012, 12:35:30 PM
Well, I gues it was just over-promoted too soon. Just like the bitinstant debit card Tongue.

That wasn't planned...that what my stupid 3am post 3 day programming binge leak lol
Activity: 482
Merit: 502
November 20, 2012, 10:34:08 AM
Well, I gues it was just over-promoted too soon. Just like the bitinstant debit card Tongue. The video on the website was talking about solar powered P2P mesh network for bitcoin payments - the cryptoanarchist wet dream. We even saw a pictures of real product on the forum. However, hype started to fall over time, website went down, no updates on forum... You have to admit it looked like just another fallen bitcoin startup. I'm glad that project development continues and wish you best luck.
legendary
November 08, 2012, 02:12:45 PM
Sorry to ruin your bitcoin dreams, but bitcoincard.org is down. I smell another crashed bitcoin startup.

I'll be with them in China in 2 weeks, will get an update. Project is still in the works
Activity: 668
Merit: 501
November 08, 2012, 12:27:33 PM
the project is definitely not abandoned, i am working on a part of it right now.

the website should not be down i will check with the people responsible
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
November 08, 2012, 12:25:16 PM
Sorry to ruin your bitcoin dreams, but bitcoincard.org is down. I smell another crashed bitcoin startup.

lol their website is currently unavailable, and you think the hole project has been abandoned?

your over reacting to the smallest thing Tongue

if I was bitcoincard, I'd wait a few years b4 releasing, to let the bitcoin user base grow. You only get to be new and hot for a few days, might as well make it count.
I also think it needs more development.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
November 08, 2012, 12:15:19 PM

lol their website is currently unavailable, and you think the hole project has been abandoned?

your over reacting to the smallest thing Tongue

if I was bitcoincard, I'd wait a few years b4 releasing, to let the bitcoin user base grow. You only get to be new and hot for a few days, might as well make it count.
Activity: 482
Merit: 502
November 08, 2012, 11:15:41 AM
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
November 07, 2012, 11:10:17 PM
"Later tonight, mysterious Bitcoin Nodes HIDDEN in YOUR neighborhood, and how you can stop cyber terrorism"

Holy crap, I didn't even think about setting up my own local mesh network by just gluing/hiding these things around town. Since they're solar, I don't have to worry about power... that is awesome!
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
September 29, 2012, 05:28:48 PM
Any timetables on release dates or any news?
legendary
August 19, 2012, 05:05:23 PM
Is there any news on timetables for release dates yet?

They plan on being at CES in Vegas in Jan to launch the card, but not sure how that timeline is progressing.

Im gonna see one of the developers this weekend when he comes to NY to visit us.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
August 19, 2012, 04:56:49 PM
Is there any news on timetables for release dates yet?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
July 06, 2012, 10:09:29 PM
"Later tonight, mysterious Bitcoin Nodes HIDDEN in YOUR neighborhood, and how you can stop cyber terrorism"
Tonight on FOX: Bitcoin to take over the world? What does one think of our new overlord?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
July 06, 2012, 09:51:56 PM
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
July 06, 2012, 09:47:01 PM
not sure if anyone asked, are these waterproof?
judging from what i've seen i would guess yes, the final product can be waterproof - maybe not for deep-diving but it would survive a shower.

the development prototypes have some holes, though so i would not try it with them.

It only needs to be able to survive a washing machine & dryer.
I was thinking more along the lines of taking ladders and a truck around town to super-glue them to tops of things.

If it will survive the washing machine, it will do fine on the top of a vending machine.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
July 06, 2012, 09:20:36 PM
what is this, when can i get mine?

http://bitcoincard.org/

A few Bitcoiners and I are meeting the guys behing BitcoinCard in Europe at the end of the month to talk about US Distribution.

Will keep you all updated!

What about South America?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
July 06, 2012, 09:12:04 PM
judging from what i've seen i would guess yes, the final product can be waterproof - maybe not for deep-diving but it would survive a shower.

the development prototypes have some holes, though so i would not try it with them.

I was thinking more along the lines of taking ladders and a truck around town to super-glue them to tops of things.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
July 06, 2012, 08:32:25 PM

Activity: 668
Merit: 501
July 06, 2012, 07:57:06 PM

Pages:
Jump to: