Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoincard.org - page 9. (Read 29251 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
June 04, 2012, 08:28:51 PM
Not ready to make an announcement on it. All I can say is, they've got it wrong and it's sad too because (aside from the horrid menu and buttons) their vaporware video makes it look really cool and is getting a lot of people's hopes up, making it harder for us to get people to believe in an actually functional product. It's like coming out with an e-wallet service right after MyBitcoin.

And you know this, how?

When we're ready to make an announcement, we will. And it won't be a cartoon showing how something might work someday if someone invests billions of dollars into something no one wants to invest in.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
June 04, 2012, 08:26:41 PM
Don't mind Matthew, he seems to be back trolling stating his opinions as a developer for almost a year now of what Bitcoincard is trying to develop but is going to fail miserably at.

FTFY.
4-6 weeks?

Not ready to make an announcement on it. All I can say is, they've got it wrong and it's sad too because (aside from the horrid menu and buttons) their vaporware video makes it look really cool and is getting a lot of people's hopes up, making it harder for us to get people to believe in an actually functional product. It's like coming out with an e-wallet service right after MyBitcoin.

And you know this, how?
June 04, 2012, 08:25:21 PM
Don't mind Matthew, he seems to be back trolling stating his opinions as a developer for almost a year now of what Bitcoincard is trying to develop but is going to fail miserably at.

FTFY.
4-6 weeks?

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
June 04, 2012, 08:20:17 PM

FTFY.
4-6 weeks?
June 04, 2012, 08:15:11 PM

FTFY.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
June 04, 2012, 07:59:18 PM
Or a functional infrastructure i.e. way to connect to the actual blockchain.

If I understood it correctly, both sides would keep the signed tx offline until they reach a gateway through which they can send the tx to the network.
A brick and mortar merchant would probably have his gateway right there in the store. never waste his time and money on this nerd idea anymore than he would a bitcoin POS.

FTFY.

Hmm, I'm sure you're right.  A $30 usb dongle attached to my Internet gateway that might bring me new business for less than credit cards and offers zero threat to my existing transaction infrastructure, or $300+ to install a whole new transaction payment system wired right into my POS system.  Those are totally comparable.

Don't mind Matthew, he seems to be back trolling like usual after delivering a magazine, and this is even way faster to pull some useful info than watch the 5 minute video on http://bitcoincard.org or read their product and blog pages.

Keywords: ISM, mesh-network, text messaging
legendary
June 04, 2012, 07:50:41 PM

If I understood it correctly, both sides would keep the signed tx offline until they reach a gateway through which they can send the tx to the network.
A brick and mortar merchant would probably have his gateway right there in the store. never waste his time and money on this nerd idea anymore than he would a bitcoin POS.

FTFY.

Hmm, I'm sure you're right.  A $30 usb dongle attached to my Internet gateway that might bring me new business for less than credit cards and offers zero threat to my existing transaction infrastructure, or $300+ to install a whole new transaction payment system wired right into my POS system.  Those are totally comparable.

EDIT: Beyond that, nothing says that the device that provides such bitcoincards access to the bitcoin network has to be owned by the shop owner.  A couple owned by the mall property owner, or a random guy walking down the block over with one on his phone, or the bitcoin geek with his own in his apartment two floors up, and it all happens.
legendary
June 04, 2012, 07:45:45 PM
I am curious how this will be used for purchases without a camera.

Both functions are provided for in the same way, a 'sensor' mesh network that permits such devices to talk to each other, as well as an access point wireless dongle that permits all of these type devices to talk to the Internet at large.
That makes a lot of sense if it can talk to my Bluetooth phone with a built-in camera, smartphone, or whatever.

What makes no sense is to need to interface with your phone in the first place. It's like trying to sell a sports car that is pulled by a horse.

I didn't say anything about bluetooth.
No, the video said unlicensed radio. I do not know what that means in every country.

I have a pretty good idea, and a cell phone is unneccesary.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
June 04, 2012, 07:32:09 PM

Both functions are provided for in the same way, a 'sensor' mesh network that permits such devices to talk to each other, as well as an access point wireless dongle that permits all of these type devices to talk to the Internet at large.
That makes a lot of sense if it can talk to my Bluetooth phone with a built-in camera, smartphone, or whatever.

What makes no sense is to need to interface with your phone in the first place. It's like trying to sell a sports car that is pulled by a horse.

No, the video said unlicensed radio. I do not know what that means in every country.
legendary
June 04, 2012, 07:28:30 PM

June 04, 2012, 07:26:22 PM

donator
June 04, 2012, 07:25:17 PM

June 04, 2012, 07:17:11 PM

So now this uber light and slim card needs a dongle to function properly? The vapor thickens.
June 04, 2012, 07:16:27 PM

FTFY.
legendary
June 04, 2012, 07:03:17 PM

Activity: 630
June 04, 2012, 06:52:44 PM

I suppose both sides would have to be able to communicate via radio. (both sides would probably need a bitcoincard, or something compatible)

A brick and mortar merchant would probably have his gateway right there in the store.
June 04, 2012, 06:08:56 PM

donator
June 04, 2012, 05:53:58 PM
donator
June 04, 2012, 01:35:29 PM
We will be blogging about it in real time!
It's starting to sound like bragging!   Wink
Activity: 743
June 04, 2012, 12:51:53 PM
What are the benefits to log in to bitcoincard.org?thx
Pages:
Jump to: