Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin.co.th trading suspended - page 3. (Read 21715 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 502
July 31, 2013, 12:56:45 PM
What did you get honors for?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
July 31, 2013, 12:52:31 PM

what sort of ceremony is this?

That is the King's Daughter giving me honors.

Smiley happy for you

I need to go back there. last time I was only 13

ps: Bitcoin community, we have some serious friends in our network  Smiley
legendary
July 31, 2013, 12:45:03 PM
This is to show you that no, I am not Thai but I have been around.

http://i.imgur.com/QAVPSaO.jpg?1

what sort of ceremony is this?
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
July 31, 2013, 12:17:55 PM
I'm sorry but if your central bank told you should suspend your exchange because Bitcoin is not money, there is no doubt that the only conclusion is that Bitcoin is illegal as money in Thailand. You might not like it but this is it.
July 31, 2013, 11:57:25 AM
At the conclusion of the meeting senior members of the Foreign Exchange Administration and Policy Department advised that due to lack of existing applicable laws, capital controls and the fact that Bitcoin straddles multiple financial facets the following Bitcoin activities are illegal in Thailand:

Buying Bitcoins
Selling Bitcoins
Buying any goods or services in exchange for Bitcoins
Selling any goods or services for Bitcoins
Sending Bitcoins to anyone located outside of Thailand
Receiving Bitcoins from anyone located outside of Thailand

Can we just agree that this might be what they said to him, that they believed it was illegal, that Dave himself didn't (mean to) say that it was illegal, but in the case that it was, he closed operations just to avoid legal ramifications? I really don't want this guy to go to jail for some misunderstanding.

edit: old topic title was "Bitcoin Illegal in Thailand" so, yeah, he was wrong there because there actually is no law that says that, regardless of how the legal system there might be regarding things the law doesn't cover. The point is, the law doesn't cover bitcoins. Address that dave and i think we can move on. Perhaps clarify yourself better, and to the public for the confusion. That's why there's such an uproar against your perceived antics

like, this is what the misleading wording of your posts caused:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264463.0;topicseen
"Thailand Bans Bitcoin"
+ heavy networking effects throughout most press outlets.

+1 Sorry Dave I'm just an argumentative fucker out of boredom sometimes I know he's quite right
legendary
July 31, 2013, 11:55:37 AM
Like, please issue a clarifying official statement on your site so we can move on. Likely that will protect you as well.
legendary
July 31, 2013, 11:45:52 AM
At the conclusion of the meeting senior members of the Foreign Exchange Administration and Policy Department advised that due to lack of existing applicable laws, capital controls and the fact that Bitcoin straddles multiple financial facets the following Bitcoin activities are illegal in Thailand:

Buying Bitcoins
Selling Bitcoins
Buying any goods or services in exchange for Bitcoins
Selling any goods or services for Bitcoins
Sending Bitcoins to anyone located outside of Thailand
Receiving Bitcoins from anyone located outside of Thailand

Can we just agree that this might be what they said to him, that they believed it was illegal, that Dave himself didn't (mean to) say that it was illegal, but in the case that it was, he closed operations just to avoid legal ramifications? I really don't want this guy to go to jail for some misunderstanding.

edit: old topic title was "Bitcoin Illegal in Thailand" so, yeah, he was wrong there because there actually is no law that says that, regardless of how the legal system there might be regarding things the law doesn't cover. The point is, the law doesn't cover bitcoins. Address that dave and i think we can move on. Perhaps clarify yourself better, and to the public for the confusion. That's why there's such an uproar against your perceived antics

like, this is what the misleading wording of your posts caused:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264463.0;topicseen
"Thailand Bans Bitcoin"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264214.0;topicseen
"Now that BTC is illegal in Thailand, which country will ban BTC next?"
+ heavy networking effects throughout most press outlets.
July 31, 2013, 11:31:25 AM
I sold my entire Bitcoin holdings on reception of his news and burnt the money
Why did you sell? It is a good news!
I bought on this news and have 10% profit now.

I was joking I live in Thailand you wally!
Ah okay, what else you're joking with?

Almost every post I write, I'm a very sarcastic man that can't help making shit jokes
legendary
July 31, 2013, 11:23:44 AM

Ah okay, what else you're joking with?
July 31, 2013, 11:11:25 AM

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
July 31, 2013, 11:05:32 AM
You never gave us anything now you cant cuz im going to get you. Lol. I guess some one told you who i really am but no im not going after you.

I gave you contacts at the BoT, to add to your already extensive network of contacts, that you were in touch with today....what was the result of the follow up you did?

As I said I'll be willing to discuss with anyone interested in private.

You gave me phone numbers found on their public website.

Thanks dave

And the email addresses?  Were they public too?
legendary
July 31, 2013, 11:03:26 AM
legendary
July 31, 2013, 10:57:45 AM
In this context
What a bunch of retards gather sometimes on these forums?

We all should be grateful to OP for the timely info he gave us about Thai central bank order to suspend his Bitcoin business. Instead bunch of idiots decided to blame him for bank's decision.
legendary
July 31, 2013, 10:55:51 AM
You never gave us anything now you cant cuz im going to get you. Lol. I guess some one told you who i really am but no im not going after you.

I gave you contacts at the BoT, to add to your already extensive network of contacts, that you were in touch with today....what was the result of the follow up you did?

As I said I'll be willing to discuss with anyone interested in private.
July 31, 2013, 10:54:30 AM
It's completely different to what you were saying are you crazy man?

....edit: looks like they didn't even flat out refuse your bank account why didn't you put more effort in and get yourself a little exchange going mate

Refuse my bank account?  ...you don't open a bank account at the central bank

Governor supports the following facts:
- Bitcoin Co. applied for exchange licenses
- Meetings were had (explanations given)
- Business asked to stop operations

Facts not mentioned in his comments are the direct statements made about legality of bitcoin trades...but why ask the business to stop operation if they are operating perfectly legally?  If this info was fabricated, and never issued by the BoT, then why not state so?

Ok read the thai and she says she asked dave to stop while they look into it. They dont know what paperwork needs to be done. There is no talk about bitcoin being illegal and that in the future odds are it can be regulated. They just want time. Dave is full of shit about it being illegal.

Prasarn Trairatvorakul is a man...fail...I'm so tempted to hit ignore but...ah just can't do it.

As for additional information I can discuss in private with anyone who has a sincere interest in specific questions; but I cannot post any more public comments due to clear legal threats and intimidation from Chang Noi.  Feel free to PM me.  I highly doubt that anyone else here would be willing publish personal information publicly with someone like Chang Noi screaming  "I'm gonna grass you in", "I hope you go to jail", etc....  As previously mentioned criminal defamation laws can be applied to truthful statements in Thailand so I must be careful.

Sorry get your license! As the article says It is accurate to say that Thailand has not issued you a license to a Bitcoin Exchange, but it is a different issue from banning Bitcoin.

Post Today cite BOT Governor Prasarn who states that in relation to the statement the Bitcoin company posted on their Web site, that the company contacted the BOT to request permission for the “money changer” business, but what they are doing is not exchanging of money. It may constitute being related to changes in the exchange rate. Therefore, we asked for suspension of activities through their Web site while we investigated. For now, we are liaising with relevant authorities to look at the details both the ICT (in relation to electronic transactions), Ministry of Finance, and the SEC before considering whether we can give a license or not.

“Listening to their explanation, it is almost in the direction of the exchange rate so we asked they stop so we could investigate first and for now we asked they not involve themselves with the Baht because what they do may be a way to speculate on the exchange rate. Hence, we asked for time to look at the issue first. For the issue that they explained on being able to oversee other countries, the BOT asked them to send more information first” Mr. Prasarn stated

legendary
July 31, 2013, 10:41:04 AM
It's completely different to what you were saying are you crazy man?

....edit: looks like they didn't even flat out refuse your bank account why didn't you put more effort in and get yourself a little exchange going mate

Refuse my bank account?  ...you don't open a bank account at the central bank

Governor supports the following facts:
- Bitcoin Co. applied for exchange licenses
- Meetings were had (explanations given)
- Business asked to stop operations

Facts not mentioned in his comments are the direct statements made about legality of bitcoin trades...but why ask the business to stop operation if they are operating perfectly legally?  If this info was fabricated, and never issued by the BoT, then why not state so?

Ok read the thai and she says she asked dave to stop while they look into it. They dont know what paperwork needs to be done. There is no talk about bitcoin being illegal and that in the future odds are it can be regulated. They just want time. Dave is full of shit about it being illegal.

Prasarn Trairatvorakul is a man...fail...I'm so tempted to hit ignore but...ah just can't do it.

As for additional information I can discuss in private with anyone who has a sincere interest in specific questions; but I cannot post any more public comments due to clear legal threats and intimidation from Chang Noi.  Feel free to PM me.  I highly doubt that anyone else here would be willing publish personal information publicly with someone like Chang Noi screaming  "I'm gonna grass you in", "I hope you go to jail", etc....  As previously mentioned criminal defamation laws can be applied to truthful statements in Thailand so I must be careful.
July 31, 2013, 10:36:49 AM
Thanks Dave!

(Not entirely sure why this appears in the google image search for "Thanks Dave", but oh well!)  Huh

Because it's a perfect anagram of "thanks Dave for walking along the waves"
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
July 31, 2013, 10:28:40 AM
Thanks Dave!

(Not entirely sure why this appears in the google image search for "Thanks Dave", but oh well!)  Huh
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
July 31, 2013, 10:04:09 AM
Lohoris, you are of course correct that each individual should be help accountable for his/her own actions (unless perhaps there is a mental condition, or age (maturity) which has not been reached.

In the spirit of 'innocent until proven guilty', I was just trying to give him a chance to provide his sources, before too denouncing him as a fraud/FUD-spreader!

But I think, judging by what the Thai representatives from among us in the forum have kindly translated, it appears that  FUD-spreader he may be Wink
Correct.

Also, since he claimed to have proof, but refused to post them, this fact alone would mark him as FUDder.

(plus, he also refused to answer the questions asked to him, such as if he was there, if he speaks thai... he just ignored them. If he wasn't lying, he could have answered)
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
July 31, 2013, 10:00:50 AM
as I did read the whole thread through and can see that it may have appeared to you that people were attacking you personally, when I think really they were havign difficulty communicating that they did not believe your 'story' without the provision of credible sources
There's a fine line.

For me it's difficult not to attack him personally, since he personally spread this fake news which the stupid media copy-pasted without bothering to check if it was legit...

While it's not his fault if the media are stupid, it is definitely his fault if he spread FUD.

Lohoris, you are of course correct that each individual should be help accountable for his/her own actions (unless perhaps there is a mental condition, or age (maturity) which has not been reached.

In the spirit of 'innocent until proven guilty', I was just trying to give him a chance to provide his sources, before too denouncing him as a fraud/FUD-spreader!

But I think, judging by what the Thai representatives from among us in the forum have kindly translated, it appears that  FUD-spreader he may be Wink
Pages:
Jump to: