Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin.co.th trading suspended - page 6. (Read 21715 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
July 30, 2013, 02:23:23 PM

It is basically a stereotype, not a legal principle.

So OP's lawyer is just an ignorant troll??

It's possible OP doesn't even have a lawyer and is a troll himself.  I'd like to see his response, though.
legendary
July 30, 2013, 02:04:16 PM
Can you link me to a law where it says everything is illegal unless there is a law permitting said action?

There is no such law.  It is a common saying, generally directed at Communist countries.  The general form of the "truism" is that in "good" countries, like America, everything is permissible unless prohibited, but in "bad" countries, like Communist China, everything is prohibited unless permissible.  

It is basically a stereotype, not a legal principle.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
July 30, 2013, 01:17:05 PM
And the Pirate Party International fell for this FUD too -.-

People are stupid all-over the world.

Ironically now it will be easier for governments to really ban Bitcoin, since many people think they already did, and no pitchforks happened.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Firing it up
July 30, 2013, 11:52:21 AM
Itink, someone has mispacked the suspension . Currently you are still allowed to getting some, just mined only. Currently there is no clear message at a moment. The company is under the attack so they slow down while keep discussing if there is something available. I have read the message.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
July 30, 2013, 07:17:16 AM
Somehow I followed a press release thread that got moved here?  It wasn't about bitcoin.co.th or whatever.
Activity: 514
Merit: 500
July 30, 2013, 05:02:47 AM
There is no evidance they said that. This is from the understanding of a non thai lawyer.

Well, the fact that OP said this and apparently shut down a business based on it is evidence.  It's just not very good evidence when nobody else seems to be verifying the claim.
cant really be verified as  such because its just opinions, it hasnt been tested in court and no attempt has been made to test it

Thailand does work differently then the west, if a person high up the chain suggests you dont do something then its best to take their advice because its likely a veiled threat, they may find another reason to close him down or make his life difficult or even terminated if he goes ahead, on the other hand, if he makes a private offer to them that is substantial enough he may very well get the go ahead, but that may not be worth his while. legalities dont really come into it, you can buy a judge in Thailand if you have the cash
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
July 30, 2013, 04:30:21 AM
I don't understand why some people are so upset that Thailand central bankers said bitcoin is illegal? Did you really expect something different? I don't. This is just the beginning. More central bankers from other countries will follow.

Apparently, many of you forget that when it comes to money the central bankers are the law. The law is what they say is the law! If it was any different then Ben Bernanke would have already been in jail for printing out 85 billion counterfeit dollars every month.

There is no evidance they said that. This is from the understanding of a non thai lawyer.

I highly dobt op got much further than the lobby.
Whatever, Goat. Give it up. I can get you naturalized and renting anonymously in the US on the cheap. Grin You like brunettes?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
July 30, 2013, 04:29:00 AM

Well, the fact that OP said this and apparently shut down a business based on it is evidence.  It's just not very good evidence when nobody else seems to be verifying the claim.

he did say he had a recording of the meeting. The best question to ask at this moment is who is the Foreign Exchange Administration and Policy Department  and what do they do?

I heard they don't enforce or make laws
legendary
July 30, 2013, 04:22:02 AM

Well, the fact that OP said this and apparently shut down a business based on it is evidence.  It's just not very good evidence when nobody else seems to be verifying the claim.
Activity: 405
Merit: 255
@_vjy
legendary
July 30, 2013, 04:12:41 AM
They still have the grave memory about their currency been heavily shorted during Asian financial storm, any financial related uncertianty will scare them Wink

What they should have learned from that is that government currency manipulation can lead to disaster.  After all, the reason it was shorted was that it was entirely predictable the price would crash, yet the government insisted on artificially fixing the exchange rate to a price of their choosing in relation to USD.  The rest of Southeast Asia's economies went down like dominos and with them, the Asian economy in general and a good chunk of the entire world's economy.

Now, even if the OP has exaggerated, if he is at least telling the substantive truth about what the bankers are saying, they are creating yet another mess just by expressing unfounded opinions recklessly.  (OP may be guilty of that bad habit himself.)
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
July 30, 2013, 03:46:50 AM
There is no evidance they said that.
Neither there is evidence they didn't. What would be the interest of OP without any reason to shut down their bitcoin echange in which they've invested heavily?
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
July 30, 2013, 03:22:46 AM
I don't understand why some people are so upset that Thailand central bankers said bitcoin is illegal? Did you really expect something different? I don't. This is just the beginning. More central bankers from other countries will follow.

Apparently, many of you forget that when it comes to money the central bankers are the law. The law is what they say is the law! If it was any different then Ben Bernanke would have already been in jail for printing out 85 billion counterfeit dollars every month.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
July 30, 2013, 02:45:57 AM
but as I understand, it's not a law, but just conclusion of a bunch of idiots at the meeting.

Exactly.
And no law means it is legal since Thai law like the British law
it derives from states "that which is not prohibited is allowed"
This is not the only guy trading coins in the country and nobody else
has suspended trading.
Easiest way to find out what will happen if someone openly trades some bitcoins. Or better still sent a physical bitcoin as a gift to the King from overseas.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
July 30, 2013, 02:41:21 AM
They're all using the same source.
The internet hype machine at work.

Wow, there goes what little respect I had for wired.

That answers my implied questions in hardcore thread wether this had any merit.

Thanks.

I think my bullshit detector is broken. Shame on you, wired.

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
July 29, 2013, 11:21:44 PM
Maybe they're upset about Bitcoin trying to steal their ฿ symbol?
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
You are here ---------> but you're not all there.
July 29, 2013, 11:17:17 PM
but as I understand, it's not a law, but just conclusion of a bunch of idiots at the meeting.

Exactly.
And no law means it is legal since Thai law like the British law
it derives from states "that which is not prohibited is allowed"
This is not the only guy trading coins in the country and nobody else
has suspended trading.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
July 29, 2013, 10:25:37 PM
Hopefully, we'll have decentralized, peer-to-peer, crypto for cash / cash for crypto exchanges in the near future to make all of this talk of regulating exchanges moot.  Trying to get the blessing of bankers and politicians will ultimately prove to be a fool's errand.  Even if you were to eventually get their stamp of approval at some point, it would only be temporary.  Bitcoin is simply incompatible with their agenda.  You can rest assured they will go to great lengths in order to prevent a large-scale escape from fiat.  The focus should be on taking the exchanges underground and rendering any current (real or imaginary) or future regulations irrelevant.

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
July 29, 2013, 08:23:19 PM
They still have the grave memory about their currency been heavily shorted during Asian financial storm, any financial related uncertianty will scare them Wink
Activity: 132
Merit: 14
Co-Founder of TheStandard.io & Vaultoro.com
July 29, 2013, 07:44:22 PM
We need a massive bitcoin campaign on every thai embassy.

Bitcoin stickers and posters on and around every thai embassy
Bitcoin phone calls to every Thai embassy

bitcoin letters sent to every embassy

Bitcoin emails

And they all need to say that we have thousands of dollars but will only spend it in Thailand in bitcoin.

Also praising the king!in all your communications! they love the king. (it's good to be the king')

Pages:
Jump to: