Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoinity.org/markets - live bitcoin price charts - page 11. (Read 211496 times)

Activity: 240
Merit: 250
I'm really sorry about the bug with this gif :/

No problem at all comboy.  Anyone that really wanted to block the gif could have done it using adblock.

Yeah really - really really really thank you for your service! Really great work! Keep up, we need you Smiley
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

No problem at all comboy.  Anyone that really wanted to block the gif could have done it using adblock.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
That was pretty fucking annoying, comboy.  Wink  It was like being rick-rolled but without the ability to stop it!
Activity: 247
Merit: 252
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

I personally like the celebratory features, but it's not that critical to me one way or the other.  Having them go haywire once it a while is not the end of the world to me.  It reminds me of the logical mistakes I've made when hacking on stuff.  I gave up CPU mining a while ago so extra load isn't hurting me Smiley

Activity: 100
What is happening with the winner guy? A bad loop?
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
felonious vagrancy, personified
Or just use a lesser awesome site till then.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm doing, but I miss the awesomeness of bitcoinity already.
Activity: 285
Hey guys, I love your charts and all, but right now they're going into an endless loop displaying-hiding-displaying-hiding that GIF image of some dude named Arvind.  Unfortunately this causes my browser to peg at 100% CPU usage, so I can no longer leave bitcoinity open in a window like I usually do.  I tried clicking "hide this message" but it just comes back a few seconds later.

Please to be fixing.

Also it would be great if you could add a preference to let us disable these "celebratory" features.  They're fun and all until they malfunction, which seems to happen a lot.

Second that, not funny and seriously detracts from what is usually a very good resource. Ditch the celebratory features.
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
you can adblock the gif
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I believe it's 3am where comboy is so it'll prob not get fixed for a good few hours. I'm sure there's a script or something someone can throw together with scriptmonkey or something to disable the popup as a quick fix. Or just use a lesser awesome site till then.
Activity: 112
love this site! real time information as well Smiley
donator
Activity: 980
felonious vagrancy, personified
Hey guys, I love your charts and all, but right now they're going into an endless loop displaying-hiding-displaying-hiding that GIF image of some dude named Arvind.  Unfortunately this causes my browser to peg at 100% CPU usage, so I can no longer leave bitcoinity open in a window like I usually do.  I tried clicking "hide this message" but it just comes back a few seconds later.

Please to be fixing.

Also it would be great if you could add a preference to let us disable these "celebratory" features.  They're fun and all until they malfunction, which seems to happen a lot.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
hm

Click, one btc for 3.63, BUy Buy Buy B8uxy , oh last trade 2years ago...
Activity: 333
Commander of the Hodl Legions
Sorry for lack of any replies in this thread for such a long time.

I did push some updates in the meantime, many of them just about scaling it up. Yeah, I did not expect bitcoinity becoming so popular. Requested visits chart below. I'm not even completely sure how accurate it is, since many people seems to be just not closing the bitcoinity tab ever (thus not visiting it every day).

Some of changes I remember from the user side:

* option to display volume in selected currency instead of BTC in preferences (I suppose I should make it a default)
* yesterday I added this % change above price chart + loading indicator (at least)
* bitstamp trades fully realtime
* better handling of connection problems (you will see red indicator in top right if something is wrong)
* some fixes for gox socket (getting it up more quickly after it dies like it loves to)
* more exchanges, and also icbit options (e.g. http://bitcoinity.org/markets/icbit/BUH4 )

With how things are developing lately I agree it's important to be easily track CNY in USD and preferably also other exchanges rates without changing the page. I'll try to add that. Market depth - It should be refreshed now more often, still not realtime, I'm trying to work that out (did you know guys you were able to saturate my gigabit connection?)

And big thanks for lots of support, suggestions, feedback and of course these visits Smiley

fucking small script to run on my spare lcd...

Cool!!! You are getting close to 200k uniques/day.. More popularity means more adoption, and that seems to be what drives the price up with fundamentals. The user base is critical. I bet if you zoom out that graph (2-3 last years instead of last two months) it'll look exponential.... Wallet usage is also going exponential...

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
Requested visits chart below. I'm not even completely sure how accurate it is, since many people seems to be just not closing the bitcoinity tab ever (thus not visiting it every day).

I never close 3 of these tabs (btc.cn, stamp, gox) and check them regularly. Love to see the rate as title.

You might want to check actual usage of your service in more detail. Never focusing the tab does not mean I don't care about the title changing but these insights might still be valuable for you.

Not sure how this could be reduced to one tab with likely less traffic as I like the info in the title and switching through 3 tracked currencies would be harder to read.
legendary
Activity: 1050

I did push some updates in the meantime, many of them just about scaling it up. Yeah, I did not expect bitcoinity becoming so popular. Requested visits chart below. I'm not even completely sure how accurate it is, since many people seems to be just not closing the bitcoinity tab ever (thus not visiting it every day).

* option to display volume in selected currency instead of BTC in preferences (I suppose I should make it a default)
* yesterday I added this % change above price chart + loading indicator (at least)
* better handling of connection problems (you will see red indicator in top right if something is wrong)
* some fixes for gox socket (getting it up more quickly after it dies like it loves to)
* more exchanges, and also icbit options (e.g. http://bitcoinity.org/markets/icbit/BUH4 )

With how things are developing lately I agree it's important to be easily track CNY in USD and preferably also other exchanges rates without changing the page. I'll try to add that. Market depth - It should be refreshed now more often, still not realtime, I'm trying to work that out (did you know guys you were able to saturate my gigabit connection?)

And big thanks for lots of support, suggestions, feedback and of course these visits Smiley

I love the new % change feature! Thanks!
Activity: 247
Merit: 252

legendary
Activity: 1050
comboy, did you expect your development project to get blown up like this?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
chaos is fun...…damental :)
OP u can use this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw9CALKOvAI instead of gif's next time
Activity: 100
Comboy +19K concurrent users! Wow...

BTW excellent animated images about new records and up and downs Wink
Pages:
Jump to: