Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoinity.org/markets - live bitcoin price charts - page 13. (Read 211496 times)

Activity: 508
Merit: 500
Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit
Overlays/averages of exchanges would be awesome, as I'm currently using a combination of this and bitcoinaverage. BTCChina has definitely become a major player in the last few weeks as well, so adding them would be great.

EDIT: Support for Coinbase would be great too, since they aren't as close to bitstamp as they used to be (and they're the exchange I use). Also, do you have any plans to make this open-source?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
A big +1 to add support for btcchina. Just have a look at bitcoinwatch.com and see the volumes, from what I can see btcchina is about to take the number one spot. It's just a whisker from mt
gox.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

Back in the days of old when I was buying BTC, I found the ability to overlay the activity of several exchanges to be sort of a 'killer app' of Bitcoinity.  It was not that I did arbitrage, but some of the signals from an exchange I didn't use were helpful in timing things one the exchange that I did.  Since I used Bitcoinity the most, I also got more comfortable with it and that has persisted to this day.

Currently I feel that BTCChina provides the most 'pure signal' since according to some, at least, there is minimal regulatory interference with persons wishing to obtain Yuan for their BTC.  The price BTCChina spot splitting Gox and Stamp (when I looked a bit ago) adds weight to that argument.

Anyhoo, sure would be cool to somehow get BTCChina displayed, and also to be able to do overlays.  If overlays are possible and I just don't know how to do it, it would be cool to know.

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
And to have higher BID as ASK must be an error.

Yeah, but this is just data from mtgox API. There's a lot of fun stuff there. ...
Thats interesting! Is this intentionally done by mtgox, to disturb trading bots and scalpers etc?

I very much doubt it. I think they just suck.

I am not sure!  Clark (http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com) has other experiences: 
Whenever I receive a trade, I make sure the book doesn't have incompatible orders on it. This, in effect, keeps the book from being crossed.
Thanks for reply.
But does the mtgox orderbook has crossed orders, or are there crossed BID-ASK quotes via API?

When Gox detects a crossed book, it halts trading and fixes the problem. So the answer is no.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3153629
Activity: 247
Merit: 252

Yeah, but this is just data from mtgox API. There's a lot of fun stuff there. ...
Thats interesting! Is this intentionally done by mtgox, to disturb trading bots and scalpers etc?

I very much doubt it. I think they just suck.

Yeah, but this is just data from mtgox API. There's a lot of fun stuff there. Maybe I'll ignore their ticker completely and just make it based on depth (but then it would be lagging more I think)

more stuff coming really soon
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Hi comboy I would like to know if you will be adding cryptsy to your charts?
Activity: 448
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
Have used this on my smartphone several times lately when out and about.  Works good for a quick look at the chart and have had better luck then with some other sites and charts.
Sometimes the price is not correct. See screenshot.
There are sales shown for 115.00, but the current price says 116.00.
This is not a problem because the sales are two minutes ago!
But that BID and ASK have the same price, that's rather impossible.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Sometimes the price is not correct. See screenshot.
There are sales shown for 115.00, but the current price says 116.00.

http://i.imgur.com/lWYfAdx.png
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
blockchain.info -> challenge accepted Wink I like that.

cheers  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
blockchain.info -> challenge accepted Wink I like that.
Suggestion: a way to display several exchanges at once on the same chart, overlapping.

See https://www.google.com/finance where there is a chart with SP 500, Dow Jones, and Nasdaq - I'd like to be able to see this with Mt Gox, BTCE and Bitstamp!

Yup, sorry for slow replies in general in this thread. Updates are coming soon. In the meantime you may compare price at http://data.bitcoinity.org/#cbacaccgb

Hi, could you add one 1 year chart ?

I will, and also for now: http://data.bitcoinity.org/#ccacdfdib
Activity: 92
Suggestion: a way to display several exchanges at once on the same chart, overlapping.

See https://www.google.com/finance where there is a chart with SP 500, Dow Jones, and Nasdaq - I'd like to be able to see this with Mt Gox, BTCE and Bitstamp!
Activity: 84
 I think an option to overlay multiple markets on a single graph
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
At http://btckan.com/price lists 11 Chinese exchanges (you have btcchina). Any plans on adding any of them? I noticed many of them are over 1000 for 24hr volume.
When you enter the page, chart data and last price may be up to 20 (AFAIR) seconds old. I'll try to improve that and I'll update the thread with this info.
Well, I noticed that but when it finally caught up, it was coming to different results every time. Are you doing some checkpoint + delta thingy? Looks like it's skipping some data on heavy action and it definitely was not right after 20 s. The traded volume was random.

I don't. Currently, if you are unlucky then right after you enter page, last volume bar may not be as high as it should be. I'll try to improve that.

Regarding market depth there are some problems on mtgox side, and they stopped responding on their ticket system even though I keep sending them messages about it. So for now there is no full depth.
That's unfortunate. Maybe tell the user you know it's inaccurate or better give a hint on how inaccurate it actually is.

It's just about full depth, that's why it's not shown currently at all. Normal depth (means depth +-10% around the current price) is working fine.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
something is seriously wrong with the charts. I just saw, high 133, volume 3k but market depth was somewhat old.
I hit refresh and the high was at 130. Seconds later a rally to 135 started. Volume 5k. Depth did not get updated again.
I refreshed again. Now it shows high as 135 again, last volume is only 400 and depth can't possibly be what it should look like such a spike.

Please fix it. It's kind of not trustworthy now.

When you enter the page, chart data and last price may be up to 20 (AFAIR) seconds old. I'll try to improve that and I'll update the thread with this info.
Well, I noticed that but when it finally caught up, it was coming to different results every time. Are you doing some checkpoint + delta thingy? Looks like it's skipping some data on heavy action and it definitely was not right after 20 s. The traded volume was random.

Regarding market depth there are some problems on mtgox side, and they stopped responding on their ticket system even though I keep sending them messages about it. So for now there is no full depth.
That's unfortunate. Maybe tell the user you know it's inaccurate or better give a hint on how inaccurate it actually is.
something is seriously wrong with the charts. I just saw, high 133, volume 3k but market depth was somewhat old.
I hit refresh and the high was at 130. Seconds later a rally to 135 started. Volume 5k. Depth did not get updated again.
I refreshed again. Now it shows high as 135 again, last volume is only 400 and depth can't possibly be what it should look like such a spike.

Please fix it. It's kind of not trustworthy now.

Pages:
Jump to: