Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin's future is DOWN - page 3. (Read 822 times)

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
July 11, 2018, 11:40:15 PM
but thats only 10 pct of the picture the main point is the reason why btc exists. Large funds barely begun buying. When more people realize that its more ideal compared to alternatives it wont matter. As more and more people expect this to happen it happens faster and faster until the point of no return when everything related to money becomes tokenized.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
July 11, 2018, 07:36:35 PM
so mtgox was manufactured but it still went to 20k after that. the first rise above $100 was also manufactured by a few people. In general price is right and theres no such thing as the price shouldnt have gone there.

That's what most of the long term bears don't get, and why they keep getting blindsided by the next bubble. This market is hyper-sensitive to declining supply on exchanges, and future demand is near-impossible to predict.

If a bubble was "manufactured" by exploiting low liquidity, it doesn't logically follow at all that price will therefore return to prior price levels. There is zero logic to that assumption. I have no idea why Tether conspiracy theorists keep repeating it.

The Willy Bot was active at sub-$1K prices--shouldn't we be back at three digits now? Those who use manipulation conspiracy theories as the basis for long term bearish predictions simply don't understand how to account for demand in the market. They make no attempt to.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
July 11, 2018, 02:31:29 PM
It won't easy to the users if bitcoin will continue to decrease because a lot of users are now depend on it but if we have a lot of hard work to promote it more to new investors I think it will save bitcoin price in future so probably many will back and patronize bitcoin.
I think the whales has something to do with this dip because they are the ones with the resources of manipulating bitcoin's price. We are just a small fish here that won't make a difference.

Bitcoins future is not down because there are a lot of people today who are earning a huge amount of profit in cryptocurrency and that is the reason why bitcoins is becoming even more popular each day and the future of bitcoins will not going down.
Activity: 397
July 11, 2018, 12:13:26 PM
I totally disagree with this statement.At present the market value is down that doesn't mean that BTC's future is down.We should not forget that we are the one who decides the future of bitcoin. More will be the investors more will be the value of BTC.Bitcoin is being declared as legal in many countries and many are giving PR in exchange of bitcoin so how we can say that future of bitcoin is down.Bitcoin has a bright future and also has a good future scope.
Activity: 588
Merit: 10
July 11, 2018, 11:30:00 AM
By the most logical thinking:

•  There's strong evidence that the late 2017 spike in Bitcoin value was due to manipulation via Tether.

•  IF that is so, then that entire episode actually means nothing, and...

•  Bitcoin etc values will decay back to their historical levels prior to pump & dump.

•  This will be slow because interim buyers won't want to take the losses.

Look at BC charts for the past 6 months.  It's very easy to imagine the average value continuing to decay down to $400 in 12-18 months.  And that's what makes sense - at least, more sense than anything else.

A few brilliant traders will make money getting in and out during the decline, but all the other players here are just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.  The only "charting" you need is the big picture here:

https://imgur.com/a/QTYOQyL

Unfortunately, there seems to be no reliable way to buy a put on BC for that time-frame, or I would.

Yes it's logical thinking, but not necessarily that will happen to bitcoin, because bitcoin prices are always changing every time depending on market movements. The market is currently down and that does not mean the market will go down and bitcoin will decline in the future. I further believe that bitcoin may increase in the future, because bitcoin is reliable.
hv_
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
July 11, 2018, 09:23:33 AM
Here's all you need to know.  It's on the way back to where it came from.  You can watch from the sidelines or ride it down.

This site is a social scientist's dream.  Ten PhDs could be written on the "bro" investment culture, groupthink, and general simple-mindedness.  95% of the responses to my prediction are "NO - ya gotta have faith!!"; "All markets go up and down"; "Think long-term"; and "We are the strong, and we believe".

The "long-term" heroes actually jumped in to get rich quick.  When that didn't happen, and faced with losing half their money, they are now prophets of HODL.  If the price ever does rise to where they got in, they'll sell, sell, sell.  That's a huge barrier to any advance.

But all that doesn't matter.  Bitcoin is GOING DOWN.  Back to around $400, as it was for so long.  That's apparently the real value to folks making non-standard financial transactions, primarily criminals.

Again, look at the chart in the link.  With what we know now, it's obvious that the price was manipulated, you were cheated, and if you hang on you'll lose more.

I'll be back in 18 months to say "Told ya so".  But I hope you're all out long before then.

EDIT:  For the record, I have no crypto coin.  All my money is in mutual funds.  Still risky but has done well AND you don't get cheated.  Sell your BC and buy something sensible like that.  You can still be a "playah".

18months ?  I ve heard that time frame...
 Wait, it was the LN time to be live,...hehe

Yes, you could be right, BTC down, because it is blamed not to work and bribled down.

But it will be taken over by Bitcoin Cash by that time. Here all can scale and adoption is back.
Activity: 308
July 11, 2018, 07:52:08 AM
•  Bitcoin etc values will decay back to their historical levels prior to pump & dump.

If this happens, what else do you expect the market to do. I was reading and waiting for you to send a link to indicate the short down of bitcoin and probably, the introduction of another.
When prices start to look down sharply, there will be panic selling action that trigger a deeper price correction again. Nevertheless, the digital money that survives will gain an unprecedented growth
Activity: 364
July 11, 2018, 07:46:56 AM

•  There's strong evidence that the late 2017 spike in Bitcoin value was due to manipulation via Tether.

•  Bitcoin etc values will decay back to their historical levels prior to pump & dump.

Look at BC charts for the past 6 months.  It's very easy to imagine the average value continuing to decay down to $400 in 12-18 months.  And that's what makes sense - at least, more sense than anything else.

A few brilliant traders will make money getting in and out during the decline, but all the other players here are just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.  The only "charting" you need is the big picture here:

Unfortunately, there seems to be no reliable way to buy a put on BC for that time-frame, or I would.

Cryptocurrency and blockchain technology are here to stay and thats the future, there are many coins created and will be created but the ones which are of  value to the people ,the ones which serve some particular purpose are used and will continue  to be used and thats BITCOIN.
Activity: 434
July 11, 2018, 07:34:20 AM

In my own opinion, no matter how the market drop its prices, cryptocurrnecy will still be able to recover because there are still a lot of people who are interested on investing.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
July 10, 2018, 11:11:30 PM
so mtgox was manufactured but it still went to 20k after that. the first rise above $100 was also manufactured by a few people. In general price is right and theres no such thing as the price shouldnt have gone there.

What do you think will happen when all that smart money sold at 20k now want back in? fundamentals did not change to suggest they go back to the old slow legacy rate targetted toilet paper.

You are playing with fire if your RR does not factor in target market to figure out price targets. Trade expectancy is hard with Bitcoin and crypto in general. This is why it is an enigma.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
July 10, 2018, 11:04:01 PM
You guys are all the same - except for the real dummies here who just get whipsawed by your blather.  Yeah... who are we kidding?

In response to any specific challenge you either make grand statements about civilization, global politics, and economics in general, or drop back to charting minutiae because, well, charts drive the market.  Or a half dozen other obfuscatory arguments.

Anunymint is most regrettable, though most risible, because his acidic ranting is so inflammatory.  Those with no knowledge of history or any perspective, and perhaps with few personal prospects, will be attracted and possibly radicalized.  Hitler worked the same way.  Anunymint (A) posits destruction of conventional finance (!) but... but (B) in such a way that his blockchain accounts are still valued (!) which requires believing that (C) it's all a world government conspiracy, ignoring the fact that (D) our governments couldn't secretly conspire on a surprise party at McDonalds and (E) that the 300 million desperate folks around him won't come for his assets while (F) farmers will still give him bread for BTC.  I could go on, but the man is a fool.  Or a complete hypocrite and just writes crap like that as hysteria clickbait for his blog.

Extasie and others resort to exaggeration, distortion, and slogan.  How can I know the future utility of bitcoin?  How can such an asset be worthless?  How can we value censorship resistance (yeah, how can we - beg the question much)?  On and on.

What I said and showed was clear.  The 2017 bulge in bitcoin value was manufactured.  So it will tend to sink back to its former value.  Too little has changed in the macro picture to drive anything else.  What about that don't you understand?  I gave you numbers:  $400-$600 in 18 months.  So then you switch from generalities to argue about the exact value...  It doesn't matter - your account will drop by 90%!  Or 85%.  Or 95%.  It's all terrible.

Then, because I'm in mutual funds - an utterly different vehicle - I have to somehow compare aspects of those with aspects of bitcoin, as if that's relevant to the main point.

I never said bitcoin won't someday be very valuable!  Maybe it will; nobody knows.  I never said it doesn't have profound economic and perhaps social significance.  I'm in awe of blockchain technology and hope it will help the world.  But between now and the end of 2019, the MOST LIKELY (read that phrase and THINK ABOUT IT - those that have the brainpower) event for BTC is a coastdown to near its pre-Q3 2017 level.  If you're simply betting, you never go against "most likely".

Clelland wants to bet.  I won't really, but would in theory be glad to put down $10K if I could get 20:1 odds on the BTC 30-day MA reaching $600 in 18 months + 30 days.  Or 10:1 odds on $800.  Or something similar.  So big forum guys with all the answers (and I mean literally), who would take that bet?  Remember that by the time you have to pay off (in dollars), your bitcoin will be worth one-tenth of what it is today.

You'll find me on the sidelines, as stated.  I wouldn't put a nickel into bitcoin right now.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
July 10, 2018, 05:56:23 PM
So I'll just watch.  I think BC clearly demonstrated its utility over the first 7-8 years, and that's at $400 or maybe $600.  All the harangue of the past 9 months will coast down back to that.

How could you begin to quantify its "utility" into a dollar amount? Things like "sound money" and "censorship resistance" don't equate to numbers.

More than that, what makes you think price could ever reach this baseline "true" value? This market has, since inception, been trying to speculatively value Bitcoin's future utility, not its present utility.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
July 10, 2018, 05:18:46 PM
Nice name, predict0r and you are telling things according to your opinion and prediction.

Don't say word that might shot you on the future, just remember that there are well known person who said that Bitcoin is a bubble but now they are on the top 100 earning from it and advertise it!
It's okay if his saying it, that's his opinion and his entitled for that.

So I'll just watch. 
Good luck watching the market, we may feel bad during the downs but you'll also understand how it feels when all things you have said go well oppositely to what you are saying.
Activity: 833
Merit: 267
July 10, 2018, 04:15:44 PM
It won't easy to the users if bitcoin will continue to decrease because a lot of users are now depend on it but if we have a lot of hard work to promote it more to new investors I think it will save bitcoin price in future so probably many will back and patronize bitcoin.
I think the whales has something to do with this dip because they are the ones with the resources of manipulating bitcoin's price. We are just a small fish here that won't make a difference.

I feel the same and I think it's a plan to make the market bleed by withdrawing huge amount so that they can buy it again and have it for the bull run which is speculated to be at the end of this year again.
Activity: 14
July 10, 2018, 03:07:45 PM
Bitbet can be used to automate the 18 month countdown. Im sure you can find some rich guys in this forum willing to take the bet and make a lot of money on you being right and us being wrong.

Intrigued, I looked into BitBet.  Most sites discussing it are dead, and the place itself has had major ups and downs.  I doubt there's any way for me to safely invest enough money to make a speculation on this trend worthwhile.  I'm certainly not going to risk an escrow loss as well.

So I'll just watch.  I think BC clearly demonstrated its utility over the first 7-8 years, and that's at $400 or maybe $600.  All the harangue of the past 9 months will coast down back to that.
Activity: 93
July 10, 2018, 04:18:22 AM
Activity: 318
July 10, 2018, 02:08:15 AM
All these logistics and speculations must be backed up by some real evidences .
These type of random speculations just results in a widespread of panic and distrust among people in respect to bitcoin . If the future for bitcoin will be down , we will see it for ourselves . Until then , no such statement matters.
Speculation is just speculation it migth true until such time it can happen. Absolutely this people should have proof of statement, because we do not know yet when is the price can turns back at all time high. But I don't think future is down.

I agree with you, many of us give a prediction about bitcoin but still, it's a prediction or speculation. we don't know until it's happening and there will be a debate for about bitcoin in the future. personally, I think bitcoin future will not down and will increase higher but we need to wait for this and enjoy our time to see what will happen in the future.
Activity: 203
July 09, 2018, 07:54:03 PM
Don't say word that might shot you on the future, just remember that there are well known person who said that Bitcoin is a bubble but now they are on the top 100 earning from it and advertise it!
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
July 09, 2018, 07:47:42 PM
What happens with bitcoin through the network is beyond reality. We just understand the market and predict according, but it has got its potential to make change which can be quite often realized. If this is to go down in the future it could have begun long back itself, now the usage keeps on increasing which won't let it down.
Activity: 560
July 09, 2018, 07:27:36 PM
All these logistics and speculations must be backed up by some real evidences .
These type of random speculations just results in a widespread of panic and distrust among people in respect to bitcoin . If the future for bitcoin will be down , we will see it for ourselves . Until then , no such statement matters.
Speculation is just speculation it migth true until such time it can happen. Absolutely this people should have proof of statement, because we do not know yet when is the price can turns back at all time high. But I don't think future is down.
Pages:
Jump to: