Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Account price estimator - page 39. (Read 164817 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 13, 2015, 03:44:17 AM
hey the Site is reallyreally Cool  Cool Ive seen my account is worth 0.06720000  Cry
This function is great to see how much u would get for selling the Account! Awesome!

Keep this up!

regards
DavieT1337
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
December 12, 2015, 12:54:27 PM
Btw i checked in your website and in visitorsbit and the potential activity is not the same there are missing (42 activity points are missing) 3x two-weeks period in bctalkaccountpricer, is that a bug?
I have tested their site just now and its working perfect
can you post screenshot or UID that you tested on bctalkaccountpricer.com  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
December 12, 2015, 12:48:47 PM
Btw i checked in your website and in visitorsbit and the potential activity is not the same there are missing (42 activity points are missing) 3x two-weeks period in bctalkaccountpricer, is that a bug?
legendary
Activity: 1526
December 12, 2015, 11:54:44 AM
Earlier i should wait to be in queue but now seems to work faster the bot, are you earning anything from these ads?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
December 12, 2015, 05:29:13 AM
I think around a 1/3 reduction to the current algorithm would be better.

for newbie/jr yes …
for some above, full/senior sometimes price is lower than the real value.
keep in mind that some one user/account develop thread with many replies and update (for example list of signature campaign).

Yeah... I've got a newbie account that is potential member that is valued at over 0.025 BTC lol. How I hope that is true.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
December 12, 2015, 05:25:48 AM
i have idea to your site
if can you add bitcoin address have been posted of my bitcointalk account 
maybe like my stake address at meta or posted at games and round etc.
i think it's can help some people Smiley

it's just my opinion

That is a good idea. I think I can make it so that it would only get the addresses that you have posted in non quoted text, so it may grab an address that isn't yours. I would definitely make it so that it would only pull addresses from the stake your address thread and the marketplace section.

ohh it's nice idea "only posted address, not quoted"
i think i will donate some satosi if you realize it
Activity: 924
December 12, 2015, 04:40:00 AM

for newbie/jr yes …
for some above, full/senior sometimes price is lower than the real value.
keep in mind that some one user/account develop thread with many replies and update (for example list of signature campaign).
December 12, 2015, 01:53:44 AM
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
December 12, 2015, 01:04:25 AM
But look at my Avatar the posts etc are still wrong? so not quite there yet it shows 3530 you show 3467 so..
The site counts the posts by itself, it doesn't mirror from bitcointalk. This may lead to some discrepancies if any posts of yours were in a thread that is in a section that a normal account cannot access, like the trashcan. Since the bot can't read those posts, it won't know about them, but the forum still counts those posts since they are still stored in its databases.

Took a long time though ..about 4 min (unless that is normal just pointing it out)
Seems about right. I have to wait at least one second between requests to bitcointalk otherwise the forum will give the bot a temporary ip ban. To be safe it waits 1.01 seconds, so the minimum time it could possibly take is the number of pages of posts you have in your show posts page multiplied by 1.01. Of course it will take a little longer because fetching the page takes time and so does parsing it.

I have a feeling that the estimations are way too high compared to the actual market price. I think the developers should at least update the formula/code at least once every, say fortnight. Otherwise it's not even an estimation instead it's just misleading information.
It isn't misleading since there is more than just the price that is given. However if you think the prices are to high, suggest me a lower rate for the algorithm specified in the OP.
December 12, 2015, 12:48:17 AM
I have a feeling that the estimations are way too high compared to the actual market price. I think the developers should at least update the formula/code at least once every, say fortnight. Otherwise it's not even an estimation instead it's just misleading information.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
December 12, 2015, 12:46:53 AM
edit: found the problem has me NOT as HERO MEMBER but as FULL with my ACTIVITY AT 196 my posts at 590 Smiley

as you can see from my little Avatar on the side of this message I am a HERO member and my ACTIVITY IS  840 and posts are 3525 Smiley

quote below:

Name: Searing
Activity: 196 (Full Member)
Potential Activity: 196 (Potential Full Member)
Post Quality: Very Poor
Trust: Neutral
Estimated Price: 0.11172000

so perhaps I have been 'vindicated' and it is

a bug Smiley

Heh. Whoops. I forgot to add the wait time code back in when I migrated the program to use JSoup earlier today. It probably got itself IP banned. I'll fix that now.

Edit: Should be fixed now.

Much better.

But look at my Avatar the posts etc are still wrong? so not quite there yet it shows 3530 you show 3467 so...

Took a long time though ..about 4 min (unless that is normal just pointing it out)

Appreciate the app and your efforts. Like most of us here we likely will never sell...but fun to look Smiley (my life is soooo lame) Sad

Activity: 840 (Hero Member)
Potential Activity: 840 (Potential Legendary *Note: Not guaranteed; The account can become Legendary anywhere between 775 and 1030)
Post Quality: Excellent
Estimated Price: 0.52920000
staff
Just writing some code
December 11, 2015, 11:54:15 PM
edit: found the problem has me NOT as HERO MEMBER but as FULL with my ACTIVITY AT 196 my posts at 590 Smiley

as you can see from my little Avatar on the side of this message I am a HERO member and my ACTIVITY IS  840 and posts are 3525 Smiley

quote below:

so perhaps I have been 'vindicated' and it is all a bug Smiley

Heh. Whoops. I forgot to add the wait time code back in when I migrated the program to use JSoup earlier today. It probably got itself IP banned. I'll fix that now.

Edit: Should be fixed now.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
December 11, 2015, 11:42:39 PM
well did not work for me

probably now will have a mail box full of pm spam heh Smiley

got it to work yesterday ..takes a bit to process i guess..so my handle on here is worth like 0.560 or some such...but not gonna sell...but interesting to see what his calc said

heh so I ran the estimator today for fun...and now get only worth 0.111 btc and my post value is very poor......sigh Smiley....alas strike me in the heart.... Sad

considering most folk say my posts are too long......i guess he has a 'quality estimator' heh Smiley....i post a lot at work they don't mind (group home awake staff they also have TV)
boredom and typing way too fast what I think perhaps is the problem?

not as impressed now as I was on previous estimation ...when quality of posts was excellent etc and my worth on sig was 0.560 btc so whatever tweak happened was 'devastating"

then again not selling so it don't matter except this was amusing to run Smiley

quote below:

so perhaps I have been 'vindicated' and it is all a bug Smiley

staff
Just writing some code
December 11, 2015, 11:28:20 PM
Haha  Grin That service is a little bit amazing for me  Roll Eyes  Shocked
On which facts to the Site calculate the Price of an Account?
Read the OP for the algorithm details.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 11, 2015, 10:54:50 PM
Haha  Grin That service is a little bit amazing for me  Roll Eyes  Shocked
On which facts to the Site calculate the Price of an Account?

Would be cool to hear about Wink Anyways nice site ! Wish you good luck for your Project.

regards
DavieT1337
staff
Just writing some code
December 11, 2015, 10:27:40 PM
i have idea to your site

it's just my opinion

That is a good idea. I think I can make it so that it would only get the addresses that you have posted in non quoted text, so it may grab an address that isn't yours. I would definitely make it so that it would only pull addresses from the stake your address thread and the marketplace section.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
December 11, 2015, 10:10:30 PM
i have idea to your site

it's just my opinion
staff
Just writing some code
December 11, 2015, 07:42:47 PM
The process of the estimator is getting faster than before
It made me member the first time I use this estimator, it was very slow that time.
Yeah, that is probably because I changed the HTML parser I was using. Previously it was using HTMLUnit and reading the HTML source files line by line. I am now in the process of migrating it over to use JSoup, which is probably working faster than before.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
December 11, 2015, 07:28:43 PM
The process of the estimator is getting faster than before
It made me member the first time I use this estimator, it was very slow that time.
staff
Just writing some code
December 11, 2015, 09:32:17 AM
The potential Activity is kinda buggy also. I checked my profile and this is what was shown!

Yep that's a bug. I'll fix it tonight

Edit: fixed
Pages:
Jump to: