Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Account price estimator - page 41. (Read 164817 times)

copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
November 29, 2015, 03:01:27 PM
Actually you calculate as +50 length in every post as good quality?
"quoted text" will count?
"off topic" also is count?
Why not try to apply some rule that penalties or favoring a post in a subsection?

Code:
pqm (post quality multiplier) determined by ratio of good posts (>75 characters excluding quoted text) to bad posts (<75 characters excluding quotes)
excellent post quality (90%) = 1.05 (+5%)
good (80%) = 1.025 (+2.5%)
fair (70%) = 1.00 (+0%)
poor (50%) = -1.025 (-2.5%)
very poor (<50%) = -1.05 (-5%)

good posts (>75 characters excluding quoted text)
how would a machine measure off-topic inside a thread?
If you only think about the off-topic section, some posts/threads in there also are decent.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
November 29, 2015, 02:59:11 PM
How does everyone feel about the estimation? Is it too high, too low, or kinda accurate?

A little bit too high atm, I'd say.
But I don't keep that thight tabs on auctions/sales.

About it… your script take in consideration the board of the post?

There is a list?
Likewise how post in off topic as to count as "0" value Smiley
Also for beginner and help…
or I see many people spam or ask info useless only to count some post in "marketplace" …
Well that is actually hard to quantify and consider the quality of those posts. And the posts aren't really factored into the calculation, just lengths for the post quality section. And post quality is completely subjective, so even that is really hard to quantify.

Actually you calculate as +50 length in every post as good quality?
"quoted text" will count?
"off topic" also is count?
Why not try to apply some rule that penalties or favoring a post in a subsection?
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
November 29, 2015, 02:06:48 PM
How does everyone feel about the estimation? Is it too high, too low, or kinda accurate?

There is a list?
or I see many people spam or ask info useless only to count some post in "marketplace" …
Well that is actually hard to quantify and consider the quality of those posts. And the posts aren't really factored into the calculation, just lengths for the post quality section. And post quality is completely subjective, so even that is really hard to quantify.
November 29, 2015, 01:34:52 PM

There is a list?
copper member
Goodbye, Z.
November 29, 2015, 01:10:17 PM

staff
Just writing some code
November 29, 2015, 01:07:08 PM
Can I make one suggestion?
Add the rank member for activity and potential activity Cheesy it could be better for reading and evaluate an account immediately!
That is a good suggestion. I will add that in at some point.

November 29, 2015, 12:41:39 PM
stayed on this

Loading... Please wait. Your request is being processed.

I then just tried it in Chrome and it worked perfectly.

Not sure if thats the issue but was having problems using another brower

I use today for two accounts and work great!
Can I make one suggestion?
Add the rank member for activity and potential activity Cheesy it could be better for reading and evaluate an account immediately!
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 29, 2015, 06:47:52 AM
stayed on this

Loading... Please wait. Your request is being processed.

I then just tried it in Chrome and it worked perfectly.

Not sure if thats the issue but was having problems using another brower
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 27, 2015, 11:00:50 AM
It is not working for me... say "please wait until previous request" for over 2 hour
copper member
Goodbye, Z.
November 24, 2015, 06:54:51 PM
Is your service back up again? Yesterday i tried to check my account and everytime there was either a waiting que or a message that you could not process my request..

Code:
User Id: 554950
Name: Newcoins2020
Activity: 47
Potential Activity: 84
Post Quality: Excellent
Trust: Neutral
Estimated Price: 0.04126500

no problem over here.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
November 24, 2015, 06:53:51 PM
Is your service back up again? Yesterday i tried to check my account and everytime there was either a waiting que or a message that you could not process my request..
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
November 24, 2015, 02:30:42 PM
I tried to check mine today again. It says the same thing it said before...
Remote Procedure Call - Failure. Please try again

Well i recieved the same message few days ago and today when I tried to check 2 different accounts with 400+ posts, one of the account is for FruitsBasket 487792 (it is not for sale afaik just discussed in a topic how does it worth), i estimated his account at 0.15 and want to see if it is accurate with the result here. I wasn't waiting in the queue when I tried to verify the 2.
I tried again now with the OP id and it works fine.
Any idea from where it comes?
Anyway thanks for the free site  Smiley
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
November 18, 2015, 03:28:45 AM
As far as I know, selling accounts is illegal so I really do not understand why this thread is still around. When you sell your account, all you do is enable scammers to scam other people who rely on BTT reputation. Fuck that.

From what I seen and heard so far ... it is not illegal. In fact there is a few Bitcointalk accounts being sold and bought every week (or even day). I think it is illegal in the past but so far I have never heard of anyone being banned from buying or selling of account.

Its not illegal nor is it against the forum rules (see mexxer-2's post for a ref). It was common to leave negative rep on bought accounts for a while, but this only lead to brand new accounts doing the sales (with the rare exception). There is also the argument that buying and selling accounts in combination with paid signatures makes it more difficult for scammers to ROI on a bought account. Since there is an honest way to ROI from a bought account prices are higher than they would be otherwise, which increases the amount someone needs to scam with a bought account. This in turn makes the scam less likely to happen or more difficult to pull off.
Merit: 1005
4 Mana 7/7
November 18, 2015, 03:27:05 AM
As far as I know, selling accounts is (not) illegal so I really do not understand why this thread is still around. When you sell your account, all you do is enable scammers to scam other people who rely on BTT reputation. Fuck that.
Read up rule 18 again:

18. Having multiple accounts and account sales are allowed, but account sales are discouraged.
At any rate, most people buy account for Signature campaign.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
November 18, 2015, 03:19:05 AM
As far as I know, selling accounts is illegal so I really do not understand why this thread is still around. When you sell your account, all you do is enable scammers to scam other people who rely on BTT reputation. Fuck that.

From what I seen and heard so far ... it is not illegal. In fact there is a few Bitcointalk accounts being sold and bought every week (or even day). I think it is illegal in the past but so far I have never heard of anyone being banned from buying or selling of account.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
November 18, 2015, 03:15:06 AM
staff
Just writing some code
November 17, 2015, 08:58:14 PM
today only saw your thread and i also went to your site and tried my account and wow i got the result within seconds , but what the estimator price you are quoting through your software will i get if i am going to sell the account. just asking in excitement

The price of accounts that are currently displaying here is quite low compared to the price generally sold by the members on this forum. You can head on to the digital goods section and can get to know about it yourself.
Is it really? I thought I was still overestimating the prices. Can you give me some examples? From what I can find, it looks like it is still close.
staff
Just writing some code
November 17, 2015, 08:56:43 PM
Unfortunately there is something wrong with my server right now, so the website is down. I am trying to fix it however I won't be home until 8 tonight ET and I won't be able to access the server until then.

Edit: problem has been fixed

Does your site use caching, or are accounts and post updated with every request to the server?
They are calculated on the spot by grabbing all of the show posts pages from the profile and then scraping them for the time posted in order to calculate the potential activity.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
November 17, 2015, 06:58:24 PM
Unfortunately there is something wrong with my server right now, so the website is down. I am trying to fix it however I won't be home until 8 tonight ET and I won't be able to access the server until then.

Edit: problem has been fixed

Does your site use caching, or are accounts and post updated with every request to the server?
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009
November 17, 2015, 01:13:02 PM
today only saw your thread and i also went to your site and tried my account and wow i got the result within seconds , but what the estimator price you are quoting through your software will i get if i am going to sell the account. just asking in excitement

The price of accounts that are currently displaying here is quite low compared to the price generally sold by the members on this forum. You can head on to the digital goods section and can get to know about it yourself.
Pages:
Jump to: