Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Account price estimator - page 40. (Read 164817 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 502
December 11, 2015, 09:09:55 AM
The potential Activity is kinda buggy also. I checked my profile and this is what was shown!

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
December 09, 2015, 04:16:22 AM
The script working well, nice work knightdk .
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
December 09, 2015, 01:48:05 AM
There's something wrong with the trust rating on your script recently. I tried to estimate the price of Tradefortress out of curiosity but his account was showing neutral trust.[Tongue
That's a bug. I'll fix that in a day or so.

BTW, there is no need to show that note beside "Potential Legendary" members who have already become a legendary member.[/size]
Also will fix that in a day or so.
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009
December 09, 2015, 01:25:06 AM
There's something wrong with the trust rating on your script recently. I tried to estimate the price of Tradefortress out of curiosity but his account was showing neutral trust. Tongue

The same thing happened when I tried to check mine...

BTW, there is no need to show that note beside "Potential Legendary" members who have already become a legendary member.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
December 08, 2015, 07:43:30 AM
well did not work for me

probably now will have a mail box full of pm spam heh Smiley

got it to work yesterday ..takes a bit to process i guess..so my handle on here is worth like 0.560 or some such...but not gonna sell...but interesting to see what his calc said
staff
Just writing some code
December 07, 2015, 06:08:04 PM
I have made an update to the site. A detailed post and activity period breakdown is now showed. Activity, posts, and rank is calculated by the site in-house instead of pulling data from Bitcointalk. This is more accurate as Bitcointalk can take several hours to update stats like activity and rank.

Nice update, I noticed too that it is faster now to get informations about the accounts but I have a remark which may not be that important, when someone for example made 5 posts in a period lets pick randomly 1 January-14 January then he didn't made any post in the next period (14-28 January) then he made 3 posts in the third period 28-10 February, the result will be like this: (didn't respect the form)
1-28 January : 5 posts
28 January-10 February : 3 posts
Wouldn't it better to be like this? Just to individualise each period
1-14 January: 5 posts
14-28 January : 0 post
28 January -10 February: 3 posts.
Just an idea that I got and want to share it with you. I don't mind keeping it like that too Smiley
Oh. That's a bug. I'll fix that at some point.

Edit: it has been fixed.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
December 07, 2015, 04:13:13 PM
Great app. I'm experimenting with it. One problem I have is that it's not working :3

You say there is a place where you have to put in a bitcointalk account login, so it can check the user's trust, and I've made an account for this, but I can't find that snippet of code. Could you tell me where it is?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
December 07, 2015, 01:14:28 PM
I have made an update to the site. A detailed post and activity period breakdown is now showed. Activity, posts, and rank is calculated by the site in-house instead of pulling data from Bitcointalk. This is more accurate as Bitcointalk can take several hours to update stats like activity and rank.

Nice update, I noticed too that it is faster now to get informations about the accounts but I have a remark which may not be that important, when someone for example made 5 posts in a period lets pick randomly 1 January-14 January then he didn't made any post in the next period (14-28 January) then he made 3 posts in the third period 28-10 February, the result will be like this: (didn't respect the form)
1-28 January : 5 posts
28 January-10 February : 3 posts
Wouldn't it better to be like this? Just to individualise each period
1-14 January: 5 posts
14-28 January : 0 post
28 January -10 February: 3 posts.
Just an idea that I got and want to share it with you. I don't mind keeping it like that too Smiley
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
December 07, 2015, 05:59:24 AM
well did not work for me

It's seems strange, because I try yesterday for 2 accounts and work very well, also more faster than lasts times I have tried it.
Have you reset your internet cache? Or try a new browser!
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
December 07, 2015, 05:56:56 AM
well did not work for me

Activity: 924
December 07, 2015, 05:47:57 AM
it could be a good idea add in the estimator page this useful link, or the same information inside.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/forum-rankspositionsbadges-what-do-those-shiny-coins-under-my-name-mean-178608

Information about rank, signature limits, badges and so on!
legendary
Activity: 1526
December 06, 2015, 06:24:03 PM

I am seeing the difference now as these additional details where added, i think your website is unique with the total posts by boards Smiley Keep it up, nice job.
staff
Just writing some code
December 06, 2015, 05:16:02 PM
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
December 04, 2015, 07:21:57 AM
Just saw it, and I have to say that its very nice idea, and great development.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
December 01, 2015, 04:16:46 PM
How does everyone feel about the estimation? Is it too high, too low, or kinda accurate?

Well based on the accounts I checked before, mostly it is too high (sometimes its a bit accurate though in some accounts with good potential activity and post quality). It varies but as I said its mostly too high.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
December 01, 2015, 12:46:01 PM
Not too bad.

User Id: 174973
Name: Holdaaja
Activity: 560
Potential Activity: 560
Post Quality: Fair
Trust: Neutral
Estimated Price: 0.33600000
staff
Just writing some code
December 01, 2015, 09:53:17 AM
Hi OP,

Just tried to check a different account on your site - was returned with a 'Remote Procedure Call - Failure. Please try again' error message.

I got the same result a few months ago when I tried inputting the Sam UID. What seems to cause this problem? Thank you, nice job with the site regardless!
Try it at a different time. If you use it around midnight Eastern Time, then it won't work since that is when the server restart happens.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Offer escrow, receive negative trust
December 01, 2015, 08:53:14 AM
Hi OP,

Just tried to check a different account on your site - was returned with a 'Remote Procedure Call - Failure. Please try again' error message.

I got the same result a few months ago when I tried inputting the Sam UID. What seems to cause this problem? Thank you, nice job with the site regardless!
staff
Just writing some code
November 29, 2015, 04:59:07 PM
How does everyone feel about the estimation? Is it too high, too low, or kinda accurate?
Here is an example,  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13102139, as you will notice 90% of the posts of this member made in games and rounds sub + he has a very poor post quality while the price is ~0.09BTC thanks to his potential activity tho.
I like the site and I use it frequently to estimate accounts, i don't mind to find inaccurate price since it isn't that easy thing to estimate but I like what Amadues said about considering the board, maybe keeping ×1 for all sections except off-topic & games and rounds & politics ×0.95?, is it hard to make this? Cannot be an optional setting for example since it will make a few delay? Sorry i don't know many things about coding.
I'll take a look. The site doesn't count how many posts in each section yet, so I would have to add that feature as well to make it work.

To do this I will need multipliers and thresholds, since the number of posts isn't factored into the calculation. Suggest me some multipliers and thresholds
e.g: if 80% of posts are in off-topic, games and rounds, and politics then price = price *0.9
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
November 29, 2015, 04:27:35 PM
Here is an example,  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13102139, as you will notice 90% of the posts of this member made in games and rounds sub + he has a very poor post quality while the price is ~0.09BTC thanks to his potential activity tho.
I like the site and I use it frequently to estimate accounts, i don't mind to find inaccurate price since it isn't that easy thing to estimate but I like what Amadues said about considering the board, maybe keeping ×1 for all sections except off-topic & games and rounds & politics ×0.95?, is it hard to make this? Cannot be an optional setting for example since it will make a few delay? Sorry i don't know many things about coding.
Pages:
Jump to: