Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Account price estimator - page 38. (Read 164840 times)

staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
December 26, 2015, 05:09:43 PM
How about adding some multiplier for language used to post.
Like English is most preferable and therfore can have some extra multiplier...
Also, posting off topic and newbies and other local boards can also have a multiplier...
I think this will give more accurate results here.

Also I don't know but is there a way we can get a current market price by comparing what the accounts are selling right now... This might be a bit difficult..

Well these are my suggestions ... Really good survice by the way.
Although this is primarily an english forum, I don't think posting in other languages should have an effect on the price. However posting in off topic, and politics (and maybe altcoins) will have a multiplier at some point in the future.

edit: I may be able to have it tell you what languages the account has posted in, but that won't effect the price of the account.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
December 26, 2015, 05:09:03 PM
Well, these are the typical reasons a person buys an account for:-
1) To rent Signature space
2) to use the account's rating to offer some other service or sell some stuff
3) to scam
And all of these require posts in English. I am not saying they are not valuable posts, but for buyers they might not be worth it.
And if we are putting something to find out value of the account, it must be somewhat near the valve they might be sold for. Otherwise its just a play thing... Or just for curiosity...
-troy112

P.S. I am not trying to offend any language or anything like that ...
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
December 26, 2015, 04:57:59 PM
Also, posting off topic and newbies and other local boards can also have a multiplier...

Also I don't know but is there a way we can get a current market price by comparing what the accounts are selling right now... This might be a bit difficult..

Why would posting in other languages than English lower quality of posts?
Activity: 448
December 26, 2015, 04:42:54 PM

copper member
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
December 26, 2015, 10:09:43 AM
Surprised to see my account worth as much as it is yet alone anything lol.
Post Quality = Very Poor.
I am curious as to what the algorithm is for determining that. Definitely interesting. ^^

You could have read the OP
The algorithm is as follow:
Code:
0.0004[btc]/activity
0.0002[btc]/epa (extra potential activity)

epa = potential activity - activity

bp (base price) = 0.0004 * activity + 0.0003 * epa

final price = bp * pqm * tm

pqm (post quality multiplier) determined by ratio of good posts (>75 characters excluding quoted text) to bad posts (<75 characters excluding quotes)
excellent post quality (90%) = 1.05 (+5%)
good (80%) = 1.025 (+2.5%)
fair (70%) = 1.00 (+0%)
poor (50%) = -1.025 (-2.5%)
very poor (<50%) = -1.05 (-5%)

tm (trust multiplier)
positive light green trust = 1.10 (+10%)
positive dark green trust = 1.20 (+20%)
neutral trust = 1.00 (+0%)
negative trust = -0.15 (-85%)

Code:
pqm (post quality multiplier) determined by ratio of good posts (>75 characters excluding quoted text) to bad posts (<75 characters excluding quotes)
excellent post quality (90%) = 1.05 (+5%)
good (80%) = 1.025 (+2.5%)
fair (70%) = 1.00 (+0%)
poor (50%) = -1.025 (-2.5%)
very poor (<50%) = -1.05 (-5%)
Activity: 285
December 26, 2015, 10:03:55 AM
Surprised to see my account worth as much as it is yet alone anything lol.

Post Quality = Very Poor.

I am curious as to what the algorithm is for determining that. Definitely interesting. ^^
copper member
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
December 26, 2015, 07:39:11 AM
-snip-
Can I integrate Apache Tomcat with XAAMP and run it on an offline server? And do I need to wait for 10 minutes like the online version ?
You will need to access bitcointalk.org, Im not sure how you would do this from an offline system. Maybe I just misunderstand something here?
I'm not telling him that bro. I'm asking for the files which is hosted on his site. I want to make my own site like him on my computer offline. Because I have to wait for 5 minutes if I do this on his site all the time.

The word you are searching for is local.
You want to download the code, to compile and run it on your local system,
not on an offline one (that would be a system without access to any networks/the internet).
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
December 26, 2015, 07:15:28 AM
-snip-
Can I integrate Apache Tomcat with XAAMP and run it on an offline server? And do I need to wait for 10 minutes like the online version ?

Thanks for the link Smiley)

You will need to access bitcointalk.org, Im not sure how you would do this from an offline system. Maybe I just misunderstand something here?

I'm not telling him that bro. I'm asking for the files which is hosted on his site. I want to make my own site like him on my computer offline. Because I have to wait for 5 minutes if I do this on his site all the time.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
December 25, 2015, 05:45:55 PM
-snip-

staff
Just writing some code
December 25, 2015, 01:23:03 PM
Do you have it's files ready to check out offline? Sometimes I have to wait for more than one hour in the queue. I have downloaded XAAMP and so I want to host the files and check it offline. Please pm me if you have the files. Thanks in advance Smiley
You will need Apache Tomcat. You can follow the instructions here: https://github.com/achow101/BitcointalkAccountPricer/blob/master/INSTALL.md#running-precompiled-release to download and run the compiled output that I have started posting.

Tomcat runs by itself, it is a standalone web server. I don't know if it can work with XAAMP. It does work offline.

You will need to wait 2 minutes (its the new wait time), although I guess I should change that for the downloadable version. And remove the ads (I always forget to do that!)Fixed that
Activity: 434
December 25, 2015, 01:14:19 PM
I think only here in this bitcointalk forum where the account has a value of money and this is can be a reason to keep stay here beside to get the knowledge about cryptocurrencies world
December 25, 2015, 01:00:17 PM
Do you have it's files ready to check out offline? Sometimes I have to wait for more than one hour in the queue. I have downloaded XAAMP and so I want to host the files and check it offline. Please pm me if you have the files. Thanks in advance :)
You will need Apache Tomcat. You can follow the instructions here: https://github.com/achow101/BitcointalkAccountPricer/blob/master/INSTALL.md#running-precompiled-release to download and run the compiled output that I have started posting.

Thanks for the link :))
staff
Just writing some code
December 25, 2015, 11:33:16 AM
Do you have it's files ready to check out offline? Sometimes I have to wait for more than one hour in the queue. I have downloaded XAAMP and so I want to host the files and check it offline. Please pm me if you have the files. Thanks in advance Smiley
December 25, 2015, 03:31:06 AM
staff
Just writing some code
December 23, 2015, 05:40:12 PM
I have updated the site so that some more data is displayed.

Notable Changes:
  • Addresses posted in non-quoted text are now displayed and linked to. If the address was posted multiple times, the first post is linked. The posted addresses are validated before they are displayed
  • Information about the next potential rank is displayed.
  • Calculation is adjusted down

Edit: Changed to include validation of addresses. add calc change
staff
Just writing some code
December 16, 2015, 05:26:43 PM
Does anyone else disagree with the community's view on 'post length'?

Sometimes a simple sentence or two is all that's needed - why do most services count the length of posts when a lot of times, 90% is useless filler or repetition?

Sometimes, less is more... Wink
Because it is incredibly difficult to define when post quality is when writing a computer algorithm without getting into AI and all that sort of stuff. Post quality is subjective, and really the only way to determine post quality is through reading posts and determining that in you head. There is currently no simple way to put that into a computer program, it isn't objective, which makes it very very difficult. The best way to do that is objectively through the length of the post. In the vast majority of cases, long posts are usually of a higher quality than short posts. It takes more time and effort to formulate a long response, which many spammers do not do. Yes I agree that some short posts are good quality and that some long posts are not, but that is a difficult metric to put into code.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Offer escrow, receive negative trust
December 16, 2015, 04:34:59 PM
Does anyone else disagree with the community's view on 'post length'?

Sometimes a simple sentence or two is all that's needed - why do most services count the length of posts when a lot of times, 90% is useless filler or repetition?

Sometimes, less is more... Wink
staff
Just writing some code
December 16, 2015, 04:11:34 PM
Hey OP, this guy's question has been left unanswered. I'm also wondering where to put the account details for the account checker bot? I want to host a price checker on my site, too.
You put the account details here: https://github.com/achow101/BitcointalkAccountPricer/blob/master/src/com/achow101/bctalkaccountpricer/server/AccountPricer.java#L48

PS. Do you have any idea when the installation instructions are coming?
There are instructions here: https://github.com/achow101/BitcointalkAccountPricer/blob/master/DEVELOPING.md#installing-on-a-server. You need to compile the program before doing those.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030
give me your cryptos
December 16, 2015, 12:57:43 AM
hey the Site is reallyreally Cool  Cool Ive seen my account is worth 0.06720000  Cry
This function is great to see how much u would get for selling the Account! Awesome!

Keep this up!

regards
DavieT1337

Why the sad face? 0.06 for a member account is alot. You can get a potential full member for 0.025 and a normal full member for 0.05. There's no reason to complain, and these account pricers usually overestimate (no offence OP)
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030
give me your cryptos
December 16, 2015, 12:55:04 AM
Great app. I'm experimenting with it. One problem I have is that it's not working :3

You say there is a place where you have to put in a bitcointalk account login, so it can check the user's trust, and I've made an account for this, but I can't find that snippet of code. Could you tell me where it is?

Hey OP, this guy's question has been left unanswered. I'm also wondering where to put the account details for the account checker bot? I want to host a price checker on my site, too.

PS. Do you have any idea when the installation instructions are coming?
Pages:
Jump to: