Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Account price estimator - page 46. (Read 164835 times)

staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
September 14, 2015, 06:01:14 PM
Very nice idea! I keep checking the price of some accounts but I keep getting an error:

Remote Procedure Call - Failure. Please try again

Did this happen to anybody else? It happened to me several times in the row.

Thanks!
Wait a few minutes before trying again. The server should be restarting around this time to clear its queue. I have that regularly scheduled to occur at midnight in UTC (I think, I don't quite remember what timezone)
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
September 14, 2015, 05:56:58 PM
Very nice idea! I keep checking the price of some accounts but I keep getting an error:

Remote Procedure Call - Failure. Please try again

Did this happen to anybody else? It happened to me several times in the row.

Thanks!
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
September 13, 2015, 01:07:41 PM
OP it says my trust is neutral but i have +1 trust
i think you should update this
Ok. Your trust is black, which is not factored into my algorithm. I will need to do some research to see how much an account with black positive trust is worth, maybe you can suggest something.

On that note, I need to also figure out how much an account with orange Huh is worth. Suggestions needed for that too.
I think orange trust accounts are worth 4/5 the price of neutral accounts
i thing each trust point less than 5 makes the account  worth about 0.01 more but when it reaches 5 and 15 there should be big increases as it changes to green at 5 then changes to dark green at 15
staff
Just writing some code
September 13, 2015, 12:47:32 PM
Ok. Your trust is black, which is not factored into my algorithm. I will need to do some research to see how much an account with black positive trust is worth, maybe you can suggest something.

On that note, I need to also figure out how much an account with orange Huh is worth. Suggestions needed for that too.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
September 13, 2015, 12:42:46 PM
staff
Just writing some code
September 13, 2015, 11:45:35 AM
I have updated the algorithm so it is estimating smaller prices. The site is currently updating. You can see the new algorithm in the OP.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 13, 2015, 10:30:18 AM
Anyone use this estimator to reference for selling or buying accounts?

I don't think so because it doesn't show the real value of accounts, sometimes it shows higher sometimes lower but you should check manually the account if you want to know the price and value yourself how much would it cost.
Well when I originally made the site, it was semi-accurate. However, in the month since I created this, there has been a lot of account selling, which has significantly depressed the price of accounts.

It's really hard to show a real result of an account value, the price just change to much, 0.06 - 0.20+ for a sr.member nowadays.
staff
Just writing some code
September 13, 2015, 10:26:49 AM

I don't think so because it doesn't show the real value of accounts, sometimes it shows higher sometimes lower but you should check manually the account if you want to know the price and value yourself how much would it cost.
Well when I originally made the site, it was semi-accurate. However, in the month since I created this, there has been a lot of account selling, which has significantly depressed the price of accounts.
September 13, 2015, 07:52:04 AM

Activity: 596
F*CK WHALES!
September 13, 2015, 03:33:47 AM
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1164
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
September 12, 2015, 04:41:43 AM
To bad it asks for 0.001 to generate a key...

Just tried it now and was not asked any fee for the key. Waited the 4 minutes and received the full report.

To be honest, i just clicked on generate key, saw the fee, and ran away... I didn't try to run it with the pre-determined key.... My bad  Grin
The 'pre-determined key' will be shown till tomorrow only. I have generated a key for 0.001, but I just treat that as a donation. So, if you are a signature campaigner, then why don't you spend the BTC you got in 1-2 post for it? (I'm not affiliated with that site)
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
September 12, 2015, 04:32:23 AM

Just tried it now and was not asked any fee for the key. Waited the 4 minutes and received the full report.

To be honest, i just clicked on generate key, saw the fee, and ran away... I didn't try to run it with the pre-determined key.... My bad  Grin
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
September 12, 2015, 04:29:14 AM

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
September 12, 2015, 04:06:12 AM
WOOT, looks like the 3 years of time put into my account has made it valued at .94279500 btc.

I guess whoever offers that gets it Smiley

Lol, nice estimator, kind of fun.  I would say you need to adjust the algorithm a little bit though.  I had always considered that I could reasonably get 5 to 6 btc for this account, possibly more.

Still a unique spin on things, nicely done.

There is a website which i can't remember, it's similar to this but the whole page was in black, at the end you can change the parameters and estimate the price. When i find will send to you.

I think its this site you are looking for http://www.satoshiquiz.com/bitcointalk/getactivity.php

Bingo, yeah that was what i was looking for, good job. I think it is limited for free so hurry who wants to check the potential activity.

September 11, 2015, 06:10:13 PM
WOOT, looks like the 3 years of time put into my account has made it valued at .94279500 btc.

Lol, nice estimator, kind of fun.  I would say you need to adjust the algorithm a little bit though.  I had always considered that I could reasonably get 5 to 6 btc for this account, possibly more.

There is a website which i can't remember, it's similar to this but the whole page was in black, at the end you can change the parameters and estimate the price. When i find will send to you.

I think its this site you are looking for http://www.satoshiquiz.com/bitcointalk/getactivity.php

Bingo, yeah that was what i was looking for, good job. I think it is limited for free so hurry who wants to check the potential activity.
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
September 11, 2015, 05:42:01 PM

September 11, 2015, 05:10:18 PM

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
September 11, 2015, 03:51:08 PM
Looks like the algo for estimate acc price is need repairing Huh
because the price is not comparable with market here.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
September 11, 2015, 11:31:24 AM

staff
Just writing some code
September 11, 2015, 11:22:04 AM
your estimator is not really reliable. I don't think a newbie that has 252 potential activity and has very poor posts could be sold for almost 0.1 BTC.
I with a hero that has been sold for around 0.45 BTC, and the value, according to your estimator, was around 0.55 BTC

And I think you understimate positive trust, I tested with a hero with more than 600 activity and dark green trust and his value was not different than similar accounts with n
Ok thanks for letting me know. I will be updating the algorithm as prices go down.
Pages:
Jump to: