Pages:
Author

Topic: BitConnect Lawsuit has Begun! - page 5. (Read 689 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
March 03, 2018, 12:51:28 PM
Here is the Class Action Lawsuit .
Mirror link

These individuals/corporations are getting sued:
Code:
BITCONNECT INTERNATIONAL PLC, a foreign corporation;
BITCONNECT LTD., a foreign corporation;
BITCONNECT TRADING LTD., a foreign corporation;
GLENN ARCARO, an individual;
TREVON BROWN a/k/a TREVON JAMES, an individual;
RYAN HILDRETH, an individual;
CRAIG GRANT, an individual;
JOHN DOE NO. 1 a/k/a CRYPTONICK, an individual;
and JOHN DOE NOS. 2-10, individuals;
Defendants.

They are going after the BitConnect and their top promoters.
The case is still under investigation, so I guess we will hear more about it in the news and more people will join the class action.

cool. thanks for the info.

what is the track record with prosecutions for stuff like this in the past? how was malicious intent proven? ponzis seem to be relatively rare outside the third world, but crypto certainly has helped them make a comeback.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh
March 03, 2018, 12:34:30 PM
The masterminds need to be caught.
Hopefully one of the promoters actually knows their identities.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
March 03, 2018, 12:33:41 PM
That's great! I really hope that those who lost money will be able to recover some of their losses and learned the lesson that when something seems too good to be true, then it really is !
Activity: 462
Merit: 2
March 03, 2018, 12:19:19 PM
Finally, some of the promoters/advertisers of BitConnect(ponzi schem) like Craig Grant and Trevon James have been brought to justice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/81n8r4/bitconnect_lawsuit_has_begun_trevon_jamescraig/
Wouldn't surprise me if that clown Carlos Matos is next on the list Grin .

Mirror link

Code:
Defendants.

This is magnificent. It will influence shillers to reconsider before drawing some rubbish looking for associate expenses. Ryan Hilbreth and CryptoNick will be required to get a lawyer (Spend cash) react to the dissension, and so forth. A straightforward youtube "Sorry" wouldn't cut it. They are fucked. Any pick up that they made is at last going to get eaten up by lawful expenses and their psychological state for the following year will be damnation.
Activity: 350
Merit: 13
March 03, 2018, 12:14:16 PM
i can't find any details about this lawsuit. what exactly are they trying to prosecute and why are they going after youtube nobodies rather than the pricks who actually created and ran bitconnect? they're the ones who have vast amounts of other people's money.

it's conceivable a court might believe these guys when they thought it was the real deal, though clearly it wasn't. the same can't be said for the operators of the actual ponzi. who are they and what's being done about them?

Mirror link

Code:
Defendants.

They are going after the BitConnect and their top promoters.
The case is still under investigation, so I guess we will hear more about it in the news and more people will join the class action.
Merit: 0
March 03, 2018, 11:41:59 AM
Finally, some of the promoters/advertisers of BitConnect(ponzi schem) like Craig Grant and Trevon James have been brought to justice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/81n8r4/bitconnect_lawsuit_has_begun_trevon_jamescraig/

My greatest respect to those who have the energy to bring those connected with bitconnect to cuort for a proper trial.
This will encourage those others that have been scammed to stand up and follow suit. And eventually decrease, if not eradicate, projects that are built to swindle and scam many investors.
Congratulations to you all
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
March 03, 2018, 11:37:26 AM
i can't find any details about this lawsuit. what exactly are they trying to prosecute and why are they going after youtube nobodies rather than the pricks who actually created and ran bitconnect? they're the ones who have vast amounts of other people's money.

it's conceivable a court might believe these guys when they thought it was the real deal, though clearly it wasn't. the same can't be said for the operators of the actual ponzi. who are they and what's being done about them?
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
March 03, 2018, 11:29:36 AM
good news! too many people hurt cause of their ponzi scheme.
I hope they will rest in jail for a long time.

I hope BitConnect scam should be a lesson to all of us. Always analyze things before investing and not just simply buy it because it is in demand. It is very easy to gain publicity specially if you use facebook and googleads as medium. So again, always analyze things, read their whitepaper and check if the project is really feasible.
Activity: 76
March 03, 2018, 11:14:21 AM
I wonder how these guys feel right now: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/5-reason-to-invest-in-bitconnect-2697059

1.Daily Profits
2.Compounding %
3.Earn Bitcoin
4.Definitely not a Scam
5.New BITCONNECT ICO launching 1/10/18

Everyone loves to hate BITCONNECT, but the fact is that nobody has lost any money with them. They do offer a big referral reward, but so have tons of other companies to get started. I've started out very small with no referrals and earned over $200 in % in 1.5 months. Yes, there's always a chance that it could disappear, but that is true of many investments that people make. SCARED $$$ don't make NO MONEY
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
March 03, 2018, 11:10:58 AM
good news! too many people hurt cause of their ponzi scheme.
I hope they will rest in jail for a long time.
Activity: 150
PM me for posting ANN.
March 03, 2018, 11:10:53 AM
That is awesome news. I hope he spends rest of his life in jail.
Activity: 981
Merit: 503
March 03, 2018, 11:09:58 AM

Finally!

I never invest in this ponzi, but few friends of mine did, blinded from the fast profit and greed. I will forward it now and let's hope that the court will take everything from BitConnect and they will rotten in jail!
Activity: 448
March 03, 2018, 11:01:31 AM
So Cryptocurrency is getting cleared with all the scam company and market is running towards genuine coins in market it is good lesson for newbies nt to enter in these kind of programs
Activity: 350
Merit: 13
March 03, 2018, 10:56:38 AM
This is great news but also a bit off to me.
The people who need to be brought to justice are the people who developed this rip off scheme and ran off with the money, the people shilling it may have really believed in this coin and just been a bit ignorant, is it fair to charge these people for one of the biggest scams we've seen in crypto? they will do serious time for the amount of money lost if found guilty.

I really don't like the idea of bringing the wrong people to justice just to prove a point..

Am I wrong here? is there evidence that the 2 involved here were part of the project or were the ones who dumped it? If so then let them suffer for their actions, but if not.. this isn't fair.

I would seriously love to see those responsible do time, just would like to see the right people getting done, can some one give me a bit more info on this? I'll spend some time on google while waiting for a reply.

More people were charged, but I don't remember their names. Most of them Youtubers or promoters of some kind.
I can assure you that most of them, if not all of them knew what was going on behind the scenes.

They made millions through the referrals program.

Ohhhhh boy, they thought they could just walk away with millions of ponzi-style accumulated dollars and get away with it, never have they been so wrong.
Merit: 2
March 03, 2018, 10:39:26 AM
The people who need to be brought to justice are the people who developed this rip off scheme and ran off with the money, the people shilling it may have really believed in this coin and just been a bit ignorant, is it fair to charge these people for one of the biggest scams we've seen in crypto? they will do serious time for the amount of money lost if found guilty.

I really don't like the idea of bringing the wrong people to justice just to prove a point..

Am I wrong here? is there evidence that the 2 involved here were part of the project or were the ones who dumped it? If so then let them suffer for their actions, but if not.. this isn't fair.

I would seriously love to see those responsible do time, just would like to see the right people getting done, can some one give me a bit more info on this? I'll spend some time on google while waiting for a reply.

Yes we all knew this day would come, it was clear that this was a blatent ponzi scheme. It's hard to say if the head culprits of this really understood what they were doing or if it was blind leading the blind, but great to see actions being taken.
Activity: 266
Merit: 60
March 03, 2018, 10:34:36 AM

Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
March 03, 2018, 10:29:24 AM
This is great to hear, the scammers shouldn’t get away easily to avoid such incident from happening again.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
March 03, 2018, 10:22:19 AM

I hope so but not only carlos matos. All of those are standing behind the carlos matos should be included on the list. There is so many leaders in the bitconnect itself. Glad to see bitconnect lawsuit will begun.
And then bitconnectx will become another cancer to the crypto in the future.

Hey Hey Hey...
Wassap Wassap Wassap Wassaaaaaaaaaap BITCONNEEEEEEEEKT

Finally it's starting! But really, who are they gonna charge for Ponzi affiliation scheme?? I don't remember seeying any ogni the big bosses apart from the lovely Carlos, that is one of the frauded guys too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhyAREaWfyU

What do you mean about gonna charge? Those are standing behind carlos matos?
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
March 03, 2018, 10:09:51 AM
Finally, some of the promoters/advertisers of BitConnect(ponzi schem) like Craig Grant and Trevon James have never been brought to justice.

Personally I congratulate those who had the strength r to take bitconnect to court. If we all should emulate this gesture and stand up against any scamming project and ready to pursue the  case to logical conclusion then projects that will scam will drastically reduced.
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
March 03, 2018, 10:08:05 AM
WASSSA WASSA WASSA WASSAA WASSSAAAPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BIIIIITTTTTCCOOOONNNEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!1111one

WoooOOO!!!!

WAHATACAHGONNNAADOOOOOooooo???!!?!?!

WOH! THAT'S A SCAAAAM!!!
Pages:
Jump to: